Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 18:57 - May 15 with 8315 viewsNeathJack

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 20:55 - May 16 with 829 viewsBorojack

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:11 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Not everyone thinks we need an overhaul, I don't for the reasons given above.

Clement also doesn't, much for the same reasons really.

One of those reasons is we had quite a big haul in January and we brought in some real quality. I enjoy watching the likes of Carroll, Olsson and Ayew as they are proper football players and ones I can't wait to see from the start of a season, without the huge pressure of a relegation dog fight.

Seeing ball players is a welcome return to our style and way.

I didn't mention Llorente as I think his time is up here. I do like the boy and he interacts with the fans and I think has enjoyed himself. Looking back at his season as a whole it's been a success and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for keeping the scoreboard ticking over. However, he has been super frustrating for big parts of the season and he's not getting any younger. If he is to stay we should be looking for a main striker and it would be up to him if he could force his way to being first choice again. He only did this season, in my opinion, because Borja never ever got going.

God knows how much we can recoup for him but I hope it's at least £10m plus. Surely some club in Spain would want him, his record is better there than here. I'm worried about this situation though.

Think about this when you look back at our Summer spending.... Imagine Borja had turned out to be a Bony? Someone who fitted right in and was good for 15 to 20 goals. We'd be looking back through different glasses

That was a major blight on our season and things could have been so very different

We also need to lay off the Americans until they give us good reason not to.

It's not their fault Jenkins and Co run the playing squad down to make us look financially viable, and I don't blame them too much for Bradley, they made a bad decision and I bet you they've learned from it. Our exposure in the States will have gone up I think with our great escape and now the real marketing can come in, commercial revenue can improve, stadium expansion can begin and scouting can improve.

All those things I've heard them talk about.

All those things we need.

Not investment from them as that would dilute the Trust.

This is Swansea City in 2017 and whilst this season was hard going and bloody scary, it was a great achievement to stay among the very best. Looking back it's been brilliant and now we can look forward.

We are what we are, time to unite and enjoy it.

Good post.
Yes I agree we need to cut the owners some slack.
4 good signings in January spent close to 17 million.
They never said there would be investment that was Jenkins trying to spin the sale.
Made a mistake with Bradley but admitted it and made the change.
I for one don't want a load of debt was talking to some Sunderland fans after the game Saturday 110 million in debt I don't want us in that position.
We need to live within our means.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 22:33 - May 16 with 768 viewsdobjack2

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:11 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Not everyone thinks we need an overhaul, I don't for the reasons given above.

Clement also doesn't, much for the same reasons really.

One of those reasons is we had quite a big haul in January and we brought in some real quality. I enjoy watching the likes of Carroll, Olsson and Ayew as they are proper football players and ones I can't wait to see from the start of a season, without the huge pressure of a relegation dog fight.

Seeing ball players is a welcome return to our style and way.

I didn't mention Llorente as I think his time is up here. I do like the boy and he interacts with the fans and I think has enjoyed himself. Looking back at his season as a whole it's been a success and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for keeping the scoreboard ticking over. However, he has been super frustrating for big parts of the season and he's not getting any younger. If he is to stay we should be looking for a main striker and it would be up to him if he could force his way to being first choice again. He only did this season, in my opinion, because Borja never ever got going.

God knows how much we can recoup for him but I hope it's at least £10m plus. Surely some club in Spain would want him, his record is better there than here. I'm worried about this situation though.

Think about this when you look back at our Summer spending.... Imagine Borja had turned out to be a Bony? Someone who fitted right in and was good for 15 to 20 goals. We'd be looking back through different glasses

That was a major blight on our season and things could have been so very different

We also need to lay off the Americans until they give us good reason not to.

It's not their fault Jenkins and Co run the playing squad down to make us look financially viable, and I don't blame them too much for Bradley, they made a bad decision and I bet you they've learned from it. Our exposure in the States will have gone up I think with our great escape and now the real marketing can come in, commercial revenue can improve, stadium expansion can begin and scouting can improve.

All those things I've heard them talk about.

All those things we need.

Not investment from them as that would dilute the Trust.

This is Swansea City in 2017 and whilst this season was hard going and bloody scary, it was a great achievement to stay among the very best. Looking back it's been brilliant and now we can look forward.

We are what we are, time to unite and enjoy it.

I don't think we disagree too much. We need to bring in quality To supplement the core of the squad but the overhaul we really need to achieve is in our recruitment team.
Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 08:56 - May 17 with 697 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 20:55 - May 16 by Borojack

Good post.
Yes I agree we need to cut the owners some slack.
4 good signings in January spent close to 17 million.
They never said there would be investment that was Jenkins trying to spin the sale.
Made a mistake with Bradley but admitted it and made the change.
I for one don't want a load of debt was talking to some Sunderland fans after the game Saturday 110 million in debt I don't want us in that position.
We need to live within our means.

"They never said there would be investment that was Jenkins trying to spin the sale."

This is not true. At all.

From the owners' our mouths, here are just several statements of theirs where they bragged about investment and how they were going to put money towards fielding a winning team.

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world."

As with everything these cvnts say, it's absolute bullshit.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 8:57]

Come on you Swans.

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:11 - May 17 with 678 viewsConcerned_Parent

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 08:56 - May 17 by MyFinalHeaven

"They never said there would be investment that was Jenkins trying to spin the sale."

From the owners' our mouths, here are just several statements of theirs where they bragged about investment and how they were going to put money towards fielding a winning team.

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world."

In it to "win the game?" Absolute rubbish. More like you're in it to do absolutely nothing and wait as the ballooning TV and commercial deals of the Premier League increase the value of the club year by year before you sell us for a profit.

They have claimed on countless occasions how they're going to invest in us, but the only investment they'll ever make is the one that was used to purchase the club. From now on it's all about cost cutting until they can sell on for a hefty profit. They will do the bare minimum, if not less, to keep us in the Premier League. There's every chance that we will suffer relegation in the next few seasons with these charlatans in charge.

If you look at the owners' track records, with Kaplan being a hedge fund manager specializing in leveraged buyouts and Levien being an all around kunt that took public money away from Washington DC schools to fund a stadium for his DC United team ($32 million in fact), these are the kind of blokes who wouldn't loan our club £1 even if we were in administration. Not only do they act like the stereotypical big nosed, greasy shysters who are greedy as can be, but they look the part too.
Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:33 - May 17 with 653 viewsswan_si

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:11 - May 17 by Concerned_Parent

In it to "win the game?" Absolute rubbish. More like you're in it to do absolutely nothing and wait as the ballooning TV and commercial deals of the Premier League increase the value of the club year by year before you sell us for a profit.

They have claimed on countless occasions how they're going to invest in us, but the only investment they'll ever make is the one that was used to purchase the club. From now on it's all about cost cutting until they can sell on for a hefty profit. They will do the bare minimum, if not less, to keep us in the Premier League. There's every chance that we will suffer relegation in the next few seasons with these charlatans in charge.

If you look at the owners' track records, with Kaplan being a hedge fund manager specializing in leveraged buyouts and Levien being an all around kunt that took public money away from Washington DC schools to fund a stadium for his DC United team ($32 million in fact), these are the kind of blokes who wouldn't loan our club £1 even if we were in administration. Not only do they act like the stereotypical big nosed, greasy shysters who are greedy as can be, but they look the part too.

" you're in it to do absolutely nothing and wait as the ballooning TV and commercial deals of the Premier League increase the value of the club year by year before you sell us for a profit. "

in order to do that, they need to keep us in the PL.
Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:35 - May 17 with 650 viewswaynekerr55

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 09:11 - May 17 by Concerned_Parent

Hoy vey to that last sentence

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 16:35 - May 17 with 574 viewsBorojack

Conk faced money grabbing sell out on Radio Wales at 7 on 08:56 - May 17 by MyFinalHeaven

Ok where did the money for the following come from then.

Baston 15
Llorente 5
Mawson 5
Fer 3.5
Carrol 4.5 plus additional payments if we avoided relegation.
Narsingh 4
Ayew / Taylor swap 5
Olsson 4
Add to that significant signing on fees plus the sacking of 2 managers and backroom staff.
Then appointed Clement plus backroom staff.

We sold Williams 12
Ayew 20
Eder 3 I think.

Bit of a shortfall there & most of the income goes on players wages.
How much do you suggest they put in then and are you happy with a huge debt.
Or are you saying they should just give us the cash as a gift.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024