Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour manifesto - discuss 12:29 - May 16 with 13525 viewsLegend83

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

- Raping business which will just regressively impact the poor he is supposedly saving
- Un-funded intention to nationalise rail and utilities ("oh, we'll just borrow")
- Income tax hike on £80k plus earners (conveniently above the wage of an MP)
- Ministry of Labour (very Orwellian)
- Nationalisation of Royal Mail...how if it is a publicly owned entity? State appropriation??
- Billions for this, that and the other
- £46.8bn of taxes raised!
Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:59 - May 16 with 1470 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:56 - May 16 by blueytheblue

RIght - but it then completely destroys Labour's spending plans doesn't it?

Even better - big bank sees they get hit on numerous levels by a Corbyn prime ministership. They leave for Ireland, Holland, wherever. How will Labour address the jobs lost, lost tax revenue?

The problem Labour have always had is they see business as an adversary to be fought. They've no real clue as to how to work with big business. Is there really something morally wrong is a bid company has a deal to pay somewhat less tax than it should if it then as a result provides thousands of jobs? Labour lack any pargmatism...

Well no it doesn't .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:03 - May 16 with 1465 viewsperchrockjack

It's also fair to say the workers,pensioners,savers ,will be hammered if Corbyn gets in on day 1 as I'm sure the FT will nose dive wiping millions of the value of companies ,who employ people, who lose their jobs. Full circle

Businesses will hardly be keen to relocate here ,bringing jobs ,if tax is that prohibitive . They and the jobs will go elsewhere

It will take a lifetime to undo the damage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:10 - May 16 with 1455 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:03 - May 16 by perchrockjack

It's also fair to say the workers,pensioners,savers ,will be hammered if Corbyn gets in on day 1 as I'm sure the FT will nose dive wiping millions of the value of companies ,who employ people, who lose their jobs. Full circle

Businesses will hardly be keen to relocate here ,bringing jobs ,if tax is that prohibitive . They and the jobs will go elsewhere

It will take a lifetime to undo the damage

Business here are making billions perch and they are all going to go ?

Really ?

I'm off for nice velvety Red Rioja , it's been eye opening

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:30 - May 16 with 1443 viewsJack_Meoff

Who here has actually read it, and is not just regurgitating reports on it? Just curious. I've not as yet I must admit, bookmarked for later.

Linky: http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/manifesto-2017/Labour%20Manifesto%202017.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:50 - May 16 with 1433 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:16 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

Article?

The shadow chancellor doesn't know what the fûcking deficit is? On the day the manifesto is launched?

Christ on a fûcking pogo stick...

I don't recall you making such an over reaction when the actual chancellor released the budget he'd spent weeks preparing without actually checking his parties own manifesto. That wasn't down to being under the pressure of live tv either, it was down to being piss poor at his job.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:59 - May 16 with 1429 viewsFieryJack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:30 - May 16 by Jack_Meoff

Who here has actually read it, and is not just regurgitating reports on it? Just curious. I've not as yet I must admit, bookmarked for later.

Linky: http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/manifesto-2017/Labour%20Manifesto%202017.

Strangely enough I had the chance to hear it straight from the horse's mouth this afternoon, since it was unveiled not 10 minutes away from where I work!

But I didn't know that until I got home & turned the news on.

JC - or Jesus Christ to his fans - was clearly playing to his home crowd today.

Wonder which home venue May will play at?

A country club in Hertfordshire or Buckinghamshire, perhaps.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:10 - May 16 with 1423 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:50 - May 16 by Jango

I don't recall you making such an over reaction when the actual chancellor released the budget he'd spent weeks preparing without actually checking his parties own manifesto. That wasn't down to being under the pressure of live tv either, it was down to being piss poor at his job.

Since when did political parties abide by manifestos FFS?

Pressure of live TV?

McDonnell couldn't even answer the most fundamental question about the economy (he's the shadow chancellor - what the fück does he do all day?) and when someone fed him the information it was £15 billion out...
Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:15 - May 16 with 1417 viewsthe_oracle

Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:56 - May 16 by blueytheblue

RIght - but it then completely destroys Labour's spending plans doesn't it?

Even better - big bank sees they get hit on numerous levels by a Corbyn prime ministership. They leave for Ireland, Holland, wherever. How will Labour address the jobs lost, lost tax revenue?

The problem Labour have always had is they see business as an adversary to be fought. They've no real clue as to how to work with big business. Is there really something morally wrong is a bid company has a deal to pay somewhat less tax than it should if it then as a result provides thousands of jobs? Labour lack any pargmatism...

They are leaving anyway due to brexit.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:16 - May 16 with 1411 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:10 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

Since when did political parties abide by manifestos FFS?

Pressure of live TV?

McDonnell couldn't even answer the most fundamental question about the economy (he's the shadow chancellor - what the fück does he do all day?) and when someone fed him the information it was £15 billion out...

Obviously the same as the chancellor, he obviously doesn't have a clue either!

And yes, the sort of pressure that has the prime minister of this country, tell the whole world she wants to World to fight tourism.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:50 - May 16 with 1386 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:16 - May 16 by Jango

And yes, the sort of pressure that has the prime minister of this country, tell the whole world she wants to World to fight tourism.

LMAO.

Abbott makes a "slip of a figure" say some Labourites - ignoring the fact she gave 4 different numbers of police to be added with 3 different costs.

McDonnell when asked a very simple question blustered, stalled for time then gave the incorrect number.

That according to Labourites is on a par with May saying "tourism" rather than "terrorism".

Can tell they are scraping the barrel for excuses...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:59 - May 16 with 1372 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:50 - May 16 by blueytheblue

LMAO.

Abbott makes a "slip of a figure" say some Labourites - ignoring the fact she gave 4 different numbers of police to be added with 3 different costs.

McDonnell when asked a very simple question blustered, stalled for time then gave the incorrect number.

That according to Labourites is on a par with May saying "tourism" rather than "terrorism".

Can tell they are scraping the barrel for excuses...

Just pointing out that the pressures of being on live tv affect even the prime minister who's been repeating the same drivel 50 times a day for weeks. And it seems to me that the tories are the ones scraping the barrel, rather than come up with decent policies on how they are gonna get out of the mess they've made, they are just picking holes in any little mishaps from the Labour Party. It's quite pathetic really.

And I compared McDonnell's mishap with Hammonds shambolic f*ck up with the budget but I notice you chose to ignore that important fact.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 20:02]
Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:10 - May 16 with 1361 viewsNeathJack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 13:36 - May 16 by blueytheblue

Labour : "everything is fully costed".

Costing document fails to have any costings for the nationalisation plans.

Clearly when they take over rail franchises, they won't have any infrastructure costs, stock costs of staff costs whatsoever...

Shadow Chancellor McDonnell, asked what the current deficit is, delays, shuffles paper and comes up with an out of date figure conveniently found by a google search...

£46.8bn of taxes raised; conveniently that accounts for £46.8bn in spending commitments ( nationalisation costs excepted; they've either fallen down back of sofa ofr Abbott has run out of fingers to count on ).

Loved the staged press conference examples... "The first, Martin, says one of his sons has brittle asthma. He often has to take him to the local hospital, but services are chaotic because the hospital is not properly funded.

He says he has two sons at the severe end of the autism spectrum. He says getting the help they needed was very hard.

He says he used to drink a bottle of red wine at night. He was drinking too much, and at one point tried to take his life. He says he and his wife realised they were suffering from severe depression.

He says he and his wife have tried to get their sons into a special needs school that they like, but cant. The services are not properly funded, he says. He says he has seen parents in tears because they are not getting the help they need.

He says Labour would give the NHS the money it needs, and introduce a proper care service.

It would develop a better, fairer Britain, he says. That is why he is voting Labour."

I suppose a Yemeni single legged lesbian vegan asylum seeker wasn't available...

Loved the irony of Morning Star asking if Jezza would do something about biased media!

In regards to costs of taking over the rail franchises..."they won't have any infrastructure costs, stock costs of staff costs whatsoever... " the current franchise holders have these costs and they are profitable.

It would be nice to see these profits being paid into the British exchequer rather than those of Germany Holland etc.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:14 - May 16 with 1352 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:59 - May 16 by Jango

Just pointing out that the pressures of being on live tv affect even the prime minister who's been repeating the same drivel 50 times a day for weeks. And it seems to me that the tories are the ones scraping the barrel, rather than come up with decent policies on how they are gonna get out of the mess they've made, they are just picking holes in any little mishaps from the Labour Party. It's quite pathetic really.

And I compared McDonnell's mishap with Hammonds shambolic f*ck up with the budget but I notice you chose to ignore that important fact.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 20:02]

Hammond f*cked up sure, but at least that's excusable. The manifesto was that of Cameron and Osborne - and Hammond's tax fiasco was reversed.

What we're talking about is Labour having proclaimed everything is fully costed; Abbott's debacle, McDonnell's continued balls ups ( not seeing the Stalin flag.. this ... ) are just laughable - onus is on Labour to show they have any economic credibility...

Tories have, based upon the inevitability of winning, gone the low risk strategy. Wait for Labour to make all the mistakes, which is what is happening.

Reality is, no party can make firm manifesto commitments when Brexit is ongoing. Labour have chosen to do so, claiming they are costed. Meh.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:15 - May 16 with 1348 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:16 - May 16 by Jango

I loathe May but there's a difference between a slip of the tongue and being fûcking clueless about something that's crucial to one of the most important jobs in government.

Fûck me - I'm agreeing with Bluey. Corbyn - you utter bástard...
Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:16 - May 16 with 1347 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:10 - May 16 by NeathJack

In regards to costs of taking over the rail franchises..."they won't have any infrastructure costs, stock costs of staff costs whatsoever... " the current franchise holders have these costs and they are profitable.

It would be nice to see these profits being paid into the British exchequer rather than those of Germany Holland etc.

Yes, the current franchise holders have those costs.

The point was, where are Labour going to get trains. Have them handed to them for nothing? People's Republic of Islington going to revolt and steal them? Labour have magically cried "nationalise!" without costing it...

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:27 - May 16 with 1336 viewsNeathJack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:16 - May 16 by blueytheblue

Yes, the current franchise holders have those costs.

The point was, where are Labour going to get trains. Have them handed to them for nothing? People's Republic of Islington going to revolt and steal them? Labour have magically cried "nationalise!" without costing it...

They would lease them from the three train leasing companies like the vast majority of current franchise holders do now, while making a profit.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:34 - May 16 with 1328 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:27 - May 16 by NeathJack

They would lease them from the three train leasing companies like the vast majority of current franchise holders do now, while making a profit.

Right - so taxpayer pays the leasing, correct?

So there are costs.

We've thus established there are costs for nationalisation of the railways Labour magically seem to ignore.

Next up, water. Labour want to nationalise water companies, right? So what are the associated costs? Isn't the value of the companies something like £66bn?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:47 - May 16 with 1307 viewsJack_Meoff

Now that's just crazy talk. Apparently.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:48 - May 16 with 1306 viewssherpajacob

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:34 - May 16 by blueytheblue

So there are costs.

We've thus established there are costs for nationalisation of the railways Labour magically seem to ignore.

Next up, water. Labour want to nationalise water companies, right? So what are the associated costs? Isn't the value of the companies something like £66bn?

To Paraphrase Lord Darlington.

Cardiff fans know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:50 - May 16 with 1306 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:14 - May 16 by blueytheblue

Hammond f*cked up sure, but at least that's excusable. The manifesto was that of Cameron and Osborne - and Hammond's tax fiasco was reversed.

What we're talking about is Labour having proclaimed everything is fully costed; Abbott's debacle, McDonnell's continued balls ups ( not seeing the Stalin flag.. this ... ) are just laughable - onus is on Labour to show they have any economic credibility...

Tories have, based upon the inevitability of winning, gone the low risk strategy. Wait for Labour to make all the mistakes, which is what is happening.

Reality is, no party can make firm manifesto commitments when Brexit is ongoing. Labour have chosen to do so, claiming they are costed. Meh.

How on earth is it excusable? Not only were they members of the Tory party when that manifesto was made but surely it's his job to know these things before going ahead with another budget!!
It is inexcusable and shows a complete lack of ability to the job properly. Yes it was reversed, because it was a complete balls up that had it been a labour issue, it would still be headline news
Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:52 - May 16 with 1304 viewsNeathJack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:34 - May 16 by blueytheblue

So there are costs.

Pray tell what costs there are to the taxpayer when the franchises are run at considerable profit.

Take your time.

Better still, don't bother.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 21:12 - May 16 with 1278 viewslonglostjack

Damn right. Arriva is a great cash cow for state owned Deutsche Bahn. It's amazing how this business agenda is pushed in the UK. I'm all for cutting taxes and business rates for small business owners. That's pure camouflage for the Conservatives though. They're the party of big business. Cosy relationship with the Starbucks, Googles the Amazons and US private health companies. I'm not a great fan of Corbyn but that manifesto is hardly an extremist paper. In Germany you pay over 15% of your salary just for healthcare. What you get is an excellent well funded healthcare system.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 21:32]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour manifesto - discuss on 21:13 - May 16 with 1277 viewssherpajacob

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:14 - May 16 by blueytheblue

So the home secretary was not consulted over the 2015 manifesto.

Or

the prime minister was not consulted over the 2017 budget.

Which one is it?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 22:51 - May 16 with 1248 viewsWarwickHunt

Richard Burgon getting fisted by Kirsty Wark on Newsnight.

Fûck me - another dull cûnt...
Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:25 - May 16 with 1231 viewsEbo

Labour manifesto - discuss on 22:51 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

Richard Burgon getting fisted by Kirsty Wark on Newsnight.

Fûck me - another dull cûnt...

Who you voting for Phil?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024