Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour manifesto - discuss 12:29 - May 16 with 13528 viewsLegend83

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

- Raping business which will just regressively impact the poor he is supposedly saving
- Un-funded intention to nationalise rail and utilities ("oh, we'll just borrow")
- Income tax hike on £80k plus earners (conveniently above the wage of an MP)
- Ministry of Labour (very Orwellian)
- Nationalisation of Royal Mail...how if it is a publicly owned entity? State appropriation??
- Billions for this, that and the other
- £46.8bn of taxes raised!
Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:06 - May 17 with 1698 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:02 - May 17 by rock1n

Well yes, I've disliked my job saved money and retrained several times.

Good for you 👍🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:09 - May 17 with 1696 viewsrock1n

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:06 - May 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

Good for you 👍🏻

Thank you, I'm not looking for a medal my point is that we can do these things.

Those that can't should be helped - absolutely.

But there are many out there who can who just won't accept it's in their hands.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:11 - May 17 with 1690 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:09 - May 17 by rock1n

Thank you, I'm not looking for a medal my point is that we can do these things.

Those that can't should be helped - absolutely.

But there are many out there who can who just won't accept it's in their hands.

Which is the point Tommy misses.

Nobody says get rid of state help. The point is not to continually expand the state safety net - instead target it at those genuinely needing help.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:12 - May 17 with 1656 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 14:53 - May 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If I had a zero hours contract and I had not been given any work for six weeks, I'd have likely started looking for a new or additional job a couple of days into that six week spell, rather than do absolutely nothing about it and blame somebody else.

You've obviously never been in the situation then have you. its all so easy and straight forward
Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:26 - May 17 with 1632 viewsrock1n

Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:12 - May 17 by Jango

You've obviously never been in the situation then have you. its all so easy and straight forward

Please explain what is wrong about what he said

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:30 - May 17 with 1631 viewsblueytheblue

Conversely, it's only as difficult as you make it.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:36 - May 17 with 1627 viewsrock1n

I would have thought have a zero hrs job would be perfect for looking for other work/courses as it provides flexibility to do just that.

When I was younger I had probably what would be referred to as a zero hrs job, as I had a boss who rang me to say are you able to work between X dates. I would say yeah, that's great or no sorry got plans. Ok on both fronts, it suited me at that time. I didn't want a FT job at that point.

You 'ban' zero hrs, you ban opportunity. It appeals to a certain type of 9-5 clock watcher type person I suppose, but there are people out there who want to have flexibility and I don't want them to be constrained. Far better to have work, than no work - no one is preventing you from looking elsewhere.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 18:37]

Labour manifesto - discuss on 18:46 - May 17 with 1608 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I've had a zero hour contract previously when I worked for a football club in Manchester. I think they are great for people who were in the sort of position I was at the time. If I had a lot of bills to pay or even a family to support, I'd never sit around for 6 weeks moaning about how I'm not being given any hours. Like I said previously, I'd have been looking for a different job within days.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour manifesto - discuss on 01:47 - May 18 with 1580 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:53 - May 17 by WarwickHunt

What did I forget about NI? I was referring to McDonnell not knowing what the deficit was. Pretty fücking basic for the shadow chancellor...

Nick Robinson asked: "What is Britain’s deficit at the moment, Mr McDonnell?"

He replied: “If I can say to you…If I can say to you that what’s happened as well in terms of day to day expenditure, we need the investment… we need the investment… we need the investment…”

The BBC presenter repeated the question, and the Shadow Chancellor paused and stuttered again, and ruffling could be heard.

Challenging him, Mr Robinson asked: "Is somebody passing you a piece of paper?"

Mr McDonnell laughed, replying "Not at all".

Nick Robinson was sceptical about his response, saying: "Just sounded like there was a piece of paper being handed across".

John McDonnell was finally able to answer the question, saying: "The deficit at the moment is £68-£70bn".

Nick Robinson said: "I think you’re being a bit too kind… It’s £52 billion."

You're right. I apologise.

I got your argument a bit mixed up with Blueys. Which must please you.

Sorry.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 01:59 - May 18 with 1579 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:58 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Mentioned later - did you conveniently ignore that?

It's utter desparation on your part to make them morally equivalent.

Labour have yelled from the rooftops everything is costed. Abbott's mathematical wizardry, McDonnnell not knowing the deficit and Burgon now whining about being asked simple questions, not committing to when tuition fees would be removed...

Yeah.

Mentioned later. When pressed on it.

Conveniently forgotten in your first response.

And I'm not utterly desperate about anything. I won't be voting Labour.

And I actually think a Chancellor (and therefore Prime Minister as well) saying they are going to raise NI contributions for the hard working chap who drives a white van one minute, then reversing it as soon as The Sun and The Mail start wailing, is far more important than someone f*cking up in an interview.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:56 - May 18 with 1574 viewsJack_Meoff

Labour manifesto - discuss on 11:34 - May 17 by Legend83

Tommy, scrapping tuition fees / student loand is a side show meant to attract the student vote.

Corbyn could have used the funding for this to roll back all the Tory welfare reforms...why didn't he?

Legend83 did you read this part of the manifesto?

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017/social-security

Few excerpts

'We will:

Scrap the punitive sanctions regime
Scrap the Bedroom Tax
Reinstate Housing Benefit for under-21s
Scrap cuts to Bereavement Support Payment.
The cuts to work allowances in Universal Credit (UC), and the decision to limit tax credit and UC payments to the first two children in a family, are an attack on low-income families and will increase child poverty. Labour will reform and redesign UC, ending six-week delays in payment and the ‘rape clause’.'

'Labour supports a social model of disability. People may have a condition or an impairment but they are disabled by society. We need to remove the barriers in society that restrict opportunities and choices for people with disabilities.'

'Scrap the Work Capability and Personal Independence Payment assessments and replace them with a personalised, holistic assessment process that provides each individual with a tailored plan, building on their strengths and addressing barriers. Labour will end the privatisation of assessments.'

'Over 2.5 million women born in the 1950s have had their state pension age changed without fair notification. These women deserve both recognition for the injustice they have suffered and some kind of compensation for their losses.'

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:09 - May 18 with 1536 viewsLegend83

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:56 - May 18 by Jack_Meoff

Legend83 did you read this part of the manifesto?

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017/social-security

Few excerpts

'We will:

Scrap the punitive sanctions regime
Scrap the Bedroom Tax
Reinstate Housing Benefit for under-21s
Scrap cuts to Bereavement Support Payment.
The cuts to work allowances in Universal Credit (UC), and the decision to limit tax credit and UC payments to the first two children in a family, are an attack on low-income families and will increase child poverty. Labour will reform and redesign UC, ending six-week delays in payment and the ‘rape clause’.'

'Labour supports a social model of disability. People may have a condition or an impairment but they are disabled by society. We need to remove the barriers in society that restrict opportunities and choices for people with disabilities.'

'Scrap the Work Capability and Personal Independence Payment assessments and replace them with a personalised, holistic assessment process that provides each individual with a tailored plan, building on their strengths and addressing barriers. Labour will end the privatisation of assessments.'

'Over 2.5 million women born in the 1950s have had their state pension age changed without fair notification. These women deserve both recognition for the injustice they have suffered and some kind of compensation for their losses.'

I did and I saw some good but mostly half-arsed promises that they know they can't afford.

"Reform", "Review", etc. A bit guffy.

My point was not clear, with the £x billion it will cost to remove in my view a progressive student loan system, Labour could have done a lot more for the people they claim to represent.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:11 - May 18 with 1534 viewsLegend83

For balance, I am not particularly enamoured with what is coming out of the Tory manifesto either! Might need to see what our Indpendent is campaigning on at this rate.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:38 - May 18 with 1522 viewsHighjack

Zero hour contracts suit a lot of people, particularly students who only want to pick up the odd shift here and there on weekends and holidays. They shouldn't be banned. A bigger issue that never seems to be mentioned are these scumbag agencies that are a real force for evil.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 11:07 - May 18 with 1514 viewsLegend83

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:38 - May 18 by Highjack

Zero hour contracts suit a lot of people, particularly students who only want to pick up the odd shift here and there on weekends and holidays. They shouldn't be banned. A bigger issue that never seems to be mentioned are these scumbag agencies that are a real force for evil.

Yes and why agreed with the Lib Dem manifesto on this - stamp down on abuse of zero hour contracts, not the contracts themselves.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 11:14 - May 18 with 1510 viewsHighjack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 11:07 - May 18 by Legend83

Yes and why agreed with the Lib Dem manifesto on this - stamp down on abuse of zero hour contracts, not the contracts themselves.

Agreed. Companies who are wiling to exploit this should be named and shamed and face the negative PR it will bring. They'll soon change their ways if their brand is damaged.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:42 - May 18 with 1488 viewsLegend83

Animal Farm.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/15/jeremy-corbyn-backs-managed-fair-migr
Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:52 - May 18 with 1482 viewsswanjackal

Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:42 - May 18 by Legend83

Animal Farm.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/15/jeremy-corbyn-backs-managed-fair-migr

Jesus!!!!! And these people are in power.!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh! You mean the book not the unrelated 70's dodgy flick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:59 - May 18 with 1475 viewsLegend83

Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:52 - May 18 by swanjackal

Jesus!!!!! And these people are in power.!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh! You mean the book not the unrelated 70's dodgy flick.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:54 - May 18 with 1446 viewsdailew

What happened to scrapping Trident?

Twäts.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 22:04 - May 18 with 1419 viewsEbo

My Mrs is a supply teacher, she cannot work in Swansea as the council use agencies which employ zero hours contracts.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:15 - May 19 with 1348 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yes bit you seem inclined to vote fora government that gives these scumbag agencies free rein to do whatever they like, just as long as it massages the unemployment figures and makes it harder for people to claim benefits.

So in a nutshell - a scumbag government?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:22 - May 19 with 1345 viewsHighjack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:15 - May 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes bit you seem inclined to vote fora government that gives these scumbag agencies free rein to do whatever they like, just as long as it massages the unemployment figures and makes it harder for people to claim benefits.

So in a nutshell - a scumbag government?

You're mistaken. I didn't vote for this government last time and im not going to this time either.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:54 - May 19 with 1333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:22 - May 19 by Highjack

You're mistaken. I didn't vote for this government last time and im not going to this time either.

Good for you. But not voting the only real opposition (as much as you or anyone dislikes Corbyn, and some of those reasons are fair others ridiculous) then it's almost the same as voting Tory.

Politics needs to change and my word this country does too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour manifesto - discuss on 11:01 - May 19 with 1326 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:54 - May 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Good for you. But not voting the only real opposition (as much as you or anyone dislikes Corbyn, and some of those reasons are fair others ridiculous) then it's almost the same as voting Tory.

Politics needs to change and my word this country does too.

It's the problem with the current system Brynnie.

I watched QT last night and it was horrible. On one hand the Labour woman was slagging off the means testing of the winter fuel allowance despite it being in the last Labour manifesto (that she stood on), and having no answer to anything other than 'tax them more and more', and on the other hand you had the truly odious Priti Patel (who I would like to slap almost more than I would like to slap anyone on the planet) being egged on by the Tory Boy plant in the audience who was moaning about private school fees.

The only people that were OK were Cable and the bloke from the Greens.

The best way for Corbyn to win anything would be to insist that Priti Patel is on every available media outlet in the next few weeks. She is vile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024