Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical voting in Gower 12:43 - May 16 with 17198 viewsacejack3065

The Greens have officially pulled out in Gower and have backed Labour. Interesting stuff. The progressive alliance lives... sort of.

Anyone else tactically voting in Gower, given that it's the most marginal seat in the country?
Tactical voting in Gower on 22:58 - May 16 with 2940 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 22:54 - May 16 by JackTheLad

Thanks for that, I'll try and find as much as I can about it, but to be quite honest seems like more media cherry picking as mentioned before.. I could give so many more, far worse reasons not to vote for the tories.

Karol Swierczewski was a Commander of the 'International Brigades' that fought Francos Facists in Spain and was one of the inspirations for a character in 'Whom the Bell Tolls" ... apparently a Bolshevik and Red Brigade leader and bit of a psychopath... but Mr Corbyn asked for a motion not to have his statue torn down for his services to anti-facism ....

Anything on the points I raised?
[Post edited 16 May 2017 23:00]

This is me not the media.

Not really. I love castles, Thatcher not so much. .

NB: The second sentence made sense before young Jack edited his post...
[Post edited 17 May 2017 16:44]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tactical voting in Gower on 23:06 - May 16 with 2928 viewsJackTheLad

Tactical voting in Gower on 22:58 - May 16 by Lohengrin

This is me not the media.

Not really. I love castles, Thatcher not so much. .

NB: The second sentence made sense before young Jack edited his post...
[Post edited 17 May 2017 16:44]

I assumed that you got the information from a media source.. apologies

I love castles and am not a fan of Thatcher too... clearly.

As Jeremy Corbyn recently said, "what unites us is greater than what divides us"

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Tactical voting in Gower on 23:09 - May 16 with 2927 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 22:54 - May 16 by JackTheLad

Thanks for that, I'll try and find as much as I can about it, but to be quite honest seems like more media cherry picking as mentioned before.. I could give so many more, far worse reasons not to vote for the tories.

Karol Swierczewski was a Commander of the 'International Brigades' that fought Francos Facists in Spain and was one of the inspirations for a character in 'Whom the Bell Tolls" ... apparently a Bolshevik and Red Brigade leader and bit of a psychopath... but Mr Corbyn asked for a motion not to have his statue torn down for his services to anti-facism ....

Anything on the points I raised?
[Post edited 16 May 2017 23:00]

" a bit of a psychopath...."

Aye, just a bit! If you have the time to dig you may find your jaw start to drop as your come across his array of crimes.

Tactical voting in Gower on 23:28 - May 16 with 2913 viewsJackTheLad

Tactical voting in Gower on 23:09 - May 16 by Lohengrin

" a bit of a psychopath...."

Aye, just a bit! If you have the time to dig you may find your jaw start to drop as your come across his array of crimes.

Right ok, so I'll look into that.

What about ISIS and how they have come about. Do you know anything about Wahhabism?
We are funding ISIS, whether you like to hear it or not, we are selling weapons to Saudi Arabia and these weapons always find themselves in the hands of ISIS.

With warplanes/drones from USA in the sky destroying buildings which include schools, hopsitals, homes etc ISIS are on the ground shooting the civilians dead, this has been happening under the guise of Al Qaeda, Taliban , ISIS for decades - unnoticed by people with polticial views similar to yours (if you don't mind me saying)..

Do you know Rupert Murdoch is on the board of directors of Genie Energy the oil company profiting from these wars? check it out, it's on their official website, G Bush, Nathan Rothschild, Dick Cheney too. Have a good think about that.

How many countries are there left in the world which don't use the dollar? 3? North Korea, Cuba and Iran...

Have you seen the images of the yanks posing with the stolen gold also?

Now, who is the real danger? Jeremy Corbyn who is fighting for peace (and for peace to happen, it would kind of make sense to hold peace talks first before bombing the absolute sh*te out of innocent men women and children) or Theresa May who sucks up the house of Saud and tells us they are our great friends...

But Corbyn spoke to the IRA once so... yeah, let's stay WELL clear of him.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 23:32]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Tactical voting in Gower on 00:38 - May 17 with 2889 viewsacejack3065

Tactical voting in Gower on 21:36 - May 16 by exiledclaseboy

That ace jack's a one aye.

He may be a c**t but there's no need to send death threats ffs. Hope the police pay a visit. Knock knock.
Tactical voting in Gower on 00:45 - May 17 with 2885 viewsacejack3065

Tactical voting in Gower on 21:41 - May 16 by Lohengrin

The clowns that do that would hate young Ace. He's "a razor in the hands of the class enemy" to them.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 21:47]

Best backhanded compliment I've ever received on here lol.

I've met many people through young labour, some of whom I'm sure you'd like Loh. The most left wing ones have almost always come from comfortable middle class backgrounds, like a lot more comfortable than someone who went to a comp in Clase from Swansea for example. It's laughable and the amount of political vanity and holier than thou attitudes makes me fume.
Tactical voting in Gower on 06:01 - May 17 with 2850 viewssiralan

Tactical voting in Gower on 23:28 - May 16 by JackTheLad

Right ok, so I'll look into that.

What about ISIS and how they have come about. Do you know anything about Wahhabism?
We are funding ISIS, whether you like to hear it or not, we are selling weapons to Saudi Arabia and these weapons always find themselves in the hands of ISIS.

With warplanes/drones from USA in the sky destroying buildings which include schools, hopsitals, homes etc ISIS are on the ground shooting the civilians dead, this has been happening under the guise of Al Qaeda, Taliban , ISIS for decades - unnoticed by people with polticial views similar to yours (if you don't mind me saying)..

Do you know Rupert Murdoch is on the board of directors of Genie Energy the oil company profiting from these wars? check it out, it's on their official website, G Bush, Nathan Rothschild, Dick Cheney too. Have a good think about that.

How many countries are there left in the world which don't use the dollar? 3? North Korea, Cuba and Iran...

Have you seen the images of the yanks posing with the stolen gold also?

Now, who is the real danger? Jeremy Corbyn who is fighting for peace (and for peace to happen, it would kind of make sense to hold peace talks first before bombing the absolute sh*te out of innocent men women and children) or Theresa May who sucks up the house of Saud and tells us they are our great friends...

But Corbyn spoke to the IRA once so... yeah, let's stay WELL clear of him.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 23:32]

Corbyn spoke at 7 yes SEVEN consecutive IRA rallies and also invited two convicted IRA terrorists to Westminster 3 weeks after the Brighton bombing.

He was far more an activist than "speaking once" to the murdering scum.

Why do you think he totally refuses to speak about it?
Tactical voting in Gower on 08:19 - May 17 with 2816 viewsswanjackal

Tactical voting in Gower on 21:21 - May 16 by thenorthbankbog

Explain how I'm brainwashed every election I vote for what I think is best not following a party like a sheep

Amen! Brother.

Same ilk as you, although sometimes I don't even vote due to nobody appealing enough to my own sensibilities.

Are Plaid actually running in the Gower this time? Not seen anything to indicate it so far, seem very disorganised if they are running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Tactical voting in Gower on 09:40 - May 17 with 2783 viewsPapaLazarou

Tactical voting in Gower on 08:19 - May 17 by swanjackal

Amen! Brother.

Same ilk as you, although sometimes I don't even vote due to nobody appealing enough to my own sensibilities.

Are Plaid actually running in the Gower this time? Not seen anything to indicate it so far, seem very disorganised if they are running.

Don't think Plaid are running in Gower. Hopefully some of their voters will vote for Tonia, because it really is a two horse race.

It would be a terrible shame if Byron were to be reelected, you've only got to look at his voting record to see he toes the party line on everything. Besides this, pretty much every question he raises to the Prime Minister seems to be linked to protection of funding for areas where he has business interests.

He was voted in by 27 votes in 2015 on the ticket that his close links to the Tory leadership would help secure the Tidal Lagoon project and funding for the electrification of the line from Paddington to Swansea. 2 years in and neither of these look like they will be signed off by the government...
Tactical voting in Gower on 10:03 - May 17 with 2769 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tactical voting in Gower on 09:40 - May 17 by PapaLazarou

Don't think Plaid are running in Gower. Hopefully some of their voters will vote for Tonia, because it really is a two horse race.

It would be a terrible shame if Byron were to be reelected, you've only got to look at his voting record to see he toes the party line on everything. Besides this, pretty much every question he raises to the Prime Minister seems to be linked to protection of funding for areas where he has business interests.

He was voted in by 27 votes in 2015 on the ticket that his close links to the Tory leadership would help secure the Tidal Lagoon project and funding for the electrification of the line from Paddington to Swansea. 2 years in and neither of these look like they will be signed off by the government...

Are you saying he's a liar 🤥

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tactical voting in Gower on 10:14 - May 17 with 2758 viewssherpajacob

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25355/byron_davies/gower/votes

His full voting record, only 2 years obviously but it gives a picture.

In 389 votes he has never voted against the tory whip.

A yes man?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tactical voting in Gower on 10:36 - May 17 with 2748 viewsswanjackal

Tactical voting in Gower on 10:03 - May 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

Are you saying he's a liar 🤥

He's a politician, that is given.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:54 - May 17 with 2715 viewsLeonWasGod

Tactical voting in Gower on 06:01 - May 17 by siralan

Corbyn spoke at 7 yes SEVEN consecutive IRA rallies and also invited two convicted IRA terrorists to Westminster 3 weeks after the Brighton bombing.

He was far more an activist than "speaking once" to the murdering scum.

Why do you think he totally refuses to speak about it?

I can understand people's responses to this, but ultimately wasn't the whole point of engaging with the IRA and inviting them to Westminster under their Sinn Fein guise one of the early steps towards a downing of weapons and a cease fire?

The Tories were talking to them covertly at the time, so I'm not really sure why JC is being singled out. And I'm not one of his fan boys either.
Tactical voting in Gower on 12:01 - May 17 with 2703 viewsrock1n

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:57 - May 16 by thenorthbankbog

There are two problems with the Labour Party Corbyn and Abbott. As an ex serviceman myself anyone from Labour knocks my door they will be told in no uncertain terms to remove themselves from my property.

There again only Byron Davies bothered coming around in the build up to the last election. I did ask a member of the Labour Party why they didn't bother only to be told that the area always votes Labour so there was no need. That bit them on the arse didn't it.

Spot on mate, anyone who believes in the fundamentals of the State should not be voting labour.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:03 - May 17 with 2699 viewsLeonWasGod

Tactical voting in Gower on 21:30 - May 16 by Darran

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/death-threats-allegedly-been-receiv

Blimey. Dirtiest campaign he can remember though? I hadn't even noticed they'd started yet. No sign of anyone round our way, no information, nothing.

Anyone know who the Labour candidate is? All I have is name, Tonia Antoniazzi, and they've put a picture since yesterday on the Labour website. There's no information about what she stands for though, and I've no idea what her politics background / experience is. Shouldn't Labour be really going for this or have they given up already knowing that the UKIPppers are going to give Byron a good majority this time?
[Post edited 17 May 2017 12:12]
Tactical voting in Gower on 12:43 - May 17 with 2671 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:54 - May 17 by LeonWasGod

I can understand people's responses to this, but ultimately wasn't the whole point of engaging with the IRA and inviting them to Westminster under their Sinn Fein guise one of the early steps towards a downing of weapons and a cease fire?

The Tories were talking to them covertly at the time, so I'm not really sure why JC is being singled out. And I'm not one of his fan boys either.

Corbyn wasn't a mediator, he had no sanction nor official remit for his actions, Leon. His activities were those of a supporter in the furtherance of the interests of enemies of The Crown. That's treason, like Burgess, Philby and Maclean before him. For the life of me I cannot understand why he was not behind bars.

It's telling that there are three or four ex-servicemen on this thread and the prospect of voting Labour under Corbyn has produced an identical reaction in all. That same conclusion is being reached in every constituency throughout the United Kingdom, I dare say.

Tactical voting in Gower on 16:34 - May 17 with 2614 viewsthenorthbankbog

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:43 - May 17 by Lohengrin

Corbyn wasn't a mediator, he had no sanction nor official remit for his actions, Leon. His activities were those of a supporter in the furtherance of the interests of enemies of The Crown. That's treason, like Burgess, Philby and Maclean before him. For the life of me I cannot understand why he was not behind bars.

It's telling that there are three or four ex-servicemen on this thread and the prospect of voting Labour under Corbyn has produced an identical reaction in all. That same conclusion is being reached in every constituency throughout the United Kingdom, I dare say.

You are spot on. I've spoken to a few of my former oppo's and not one of them are even considering voting Labour.
Tactical voting in Gower on 16:43 - May 17 with 2605 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 16:34 - May 17 by thenorthbankbog

You are spot on. I've spoken to a few of my former oppo's and not one of them are even considering voting Labour.

It's the same in work with me, mate. One or two of them are quite angry about it. They have voted Labour since they were old enough and feel that 'their' party has been stolen from them.

Tactical voting in Gower on 16:48 - May 17 with 2596 viewsLeonWasGod

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:43 - May 17 by Lohengrin

ok, fair enough. I'm not sure how inviting them to Westminster could not be viewed as an attempt to build bridges though. As an MP at the time, would that not have been considered part of his official remit? I don't know the backgound.

How do you feel about the Tories, with Maggie's and Major's governments conducting talks in private and giving pardons to convicted killer(s?)? Is the same strength of feeling there? I don't have a strong view on this either way, so not looking to score points. Genuinely interested.
Tactical voting in Gower on 10:10 - May 18 with 2533 viewsswanjackal

So, Plaid Cymru seemingly not running in the Gower? A bit odd they say they represent Wales and then don't put someone up for representation, or did they envisage a crushing defeat in the area again? Maybe they stepped aside to work alongside Labour, aiding the "Red Tories". Seems a bit odd for a party saying they represent the will of the people.

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:09 - May 18 with 2517 viewsHighjack

Tactical voting in Gower on 17:50 - May 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

People from other party's with an ounce of soul in them realise what May and the other vermin will bring.

Indeed, but my point still stands. The greens, lib dems, plaid and labour are after the same votes around the country. They should absolutely hate each other. They are meant to be rivals. If they really want the Tories out they should either officially merge to create one super party of the left, or the smaller parties should disband to stop diluting the labour vote. These deals and tactical voting makes them look weak and that they don't really care about their own policies, dreams and aspirations.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:53 - May 18 with 2482 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 16:48 - May 17 by LeonWasGod

ok, fair enough. I'm not sure how inviting them to Westminster could not be viewed as an attempt to build bridges though. As an MP at the time, would that not have been considered part of his official remit? I don't know the backgound.

How do you feel about the Tories, with Maggie's and Major's governments conducting talks in private and giving pardons to convicted killer(s?)? Is the same strength of feeling there? I don't have a strong view on this either way, so not looking to score points. Genuinely interested.

Disgusted and betrayed is the short answer, Leon.

Roger Casement and William Joyce were attempting to build bridges in their own times and in their own ways. They were both hanged.

Tactical voting in Gower on 09:49 - May 19 with 2411 viewssherpajacob

for the closest marginal in the country, the bookies think the Tories will walk it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/gower/winning-party

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:14 - May 19 with 2384 viewstrampie

Tactical voting in Gower on 22:29 - May 16 by JackTheLad

Can you provide the details of this? It's the first I've heard of it. What about Margaret Thatcher's campaigning for General Pinoche's release and having him stay at Chequers at the taxpayer's expense? On another note, all Historic monuments are of people with two stories. Look at the statue of Bomber Harris in London, for example - a "hero" in the eyes of the establishment, yet a war criminal to the innocent citizens of Germany he took the lives of with his carpet bombing campaigns. History is great for "cherry picking". Wales is filled with historic castles - all preserved by charities and the taxpayer...all built in the name of tyranny and slaughter of the Welsh. But even the Welsh are proud of our historic castles, even if their history is not nice for our citizens.

Some of the castles are Welsh castles and not foreign immigrant invader castles.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:23 - May 19 with 2377 viewstrampie

Vote Plaid in Gower and every other constituency in Wales, its what would be best for Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024