Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical voting in Gower 12:43 - May 16 with 16836 viewsacejack3065

The Greens have officially pulled out in Gower and have backed Labour. Interesting stuff. The progressive alliance lives... sort of.

Anyone else tactically voting in Gower, given that it's the most marginal seat in the country?
Tactical voting in Gower on 11:23 - May 19 with 2142 viewsLeonWasGod

Tactical voting in Gower on 09:49 - May 19 by sherpajacob

for the closest marginal in the country, the bookies think the Tories will walk it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/gower/winning-party

Course they will. Look at the council elections - the ukippers went running back to the Tories to give them a healthy lead over an independent who normally romps home easily.

The easily whippable Tory yes man will be streets ahead I suspect. Madness. At least it will keep the retired bankers and yacht owners and farmers of south Gower all happy.
Tactical voting in Gower on 12:09 - May 19 with 2110 viewsswanjackal

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:23 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

Course they will. Look at the council elections - the ukippers went running back to the Tories to give them a healthy lead over an independent who normally romps home easily.

The easily whippable Tory yes man will be streets ahead I suspect. Madness. At least it will keep the retired bankers and yacht owners and farmers of south Gower all happy.

Finally a Plaid candidate emerges from the woodwork. At least that is another box not to tick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:57 - May 19 with 2100 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:23 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

What the Hell could you possibly have against farmers?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:05 - May 19 with 2094 viewsblueytheblue

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:57 - May 19 by Lohengrin

Maybe a farmer told him to "get orrrrffff maaaaah land!*".

* Though technically given the subsidies available, you could argue farmland is public owned land...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:15 - May 19 with 2083 viewsswanjackal

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:57 - May 19 by Lohengrin

Obviously, you've never suffered with them, very uncomfortable sitting down for long periods on them.......

Wait.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:18 - May 19 with 2078 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:05 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Maybe a farmer told him to "get orrrrffff maaaaah land!*".

* Though technically given the subsidies available, you could argue farmland is public owned land...

"Bankers...yachtsmen...farmers.." I thought Leon was much brighter than that.

That emits the sulphurous whiff of class hatred. Anybody deemed to have a few bob has to be hated. Silly nonsense. The farmers I know are putting in eighteen-hour days this time of year. If anybody imagines folk who work the land as being 'the idle rich' they have lost the plot completely.

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:22 - May 19 with 2068 viewstrampie

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:18 - May 19 by Lohengrin

That emits the sulphurous whiff of class hatred. Anybody deemed to have a few bob has to be hated. Silly nonsense. The farmers I know are putting in eighteen-hour days this time of year. If anybody imagines folk who work the land as being 'the idle rich' they have lost the plot completely.

What is your view on the Neath Plaid candidate Lohengrin , impressed ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:28 - May 19 with 2056 viewstrampie

The Plaid Professor plays a nice tune ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:29 - May 19 with 2056 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:22 - May 19 by trampie

What is your view on the Neath Plaid candidate Lohengrin , impressed ?

It leaves me scratching my head at the wildly schizophrenic nature of Plaid, Tramp. I've met Dan on a couple of occasions, I dare say a few on here probably have, nice chap.

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:37 - May 19 with 2045 viewstrampie

Tactical voting in Gower on 13:29 - May 19 by Lohengrin

It leaves me scratching my head at the wildly schizophrenic nature of Plaid, Tramp. I've met Dan on a couple of occasions, I dare say a few on here probably have, nice chap.

Aside from the professor in Neath, what about Plaids other candidates ?, they have some interesting ones out there, a 24 year old Oxford university type fighting a key seat in Ceredigion, Branwen cennard with her own IMDb page lol, here is their young Ponty candidate making a pitch:-

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:25 - May 19 with 2018 viewsblueytheblue

Is this the Branwen Cennard you're on about trampie?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/MeLzTLC8iPrVj-wLnhp8mrLVcCk/appointm

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:39 - May 19 with 2008 viewstrampie

Landsker line makes it difficult for Plaid in Gower, South Gower being below the line.

Tactical voting in Gower on 15:16 - May 19 with 2002 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:39 - May 19 by trampie

Landsker line makes it difficult for Plaid in Gower, South Gower being below the line.

Ah! now, see, you've just made me spill tea on my keyboard by here!

Tactical voting in Gower on 19:39 - Jun 3 with 1884 viewsLeonWasGod

Byron Davies came out campaigning today in his black London cab. He doesn't appear to be trying very hard - hardly knocked on any doors, no leaflets through our door either. He saw we were in as my missus was going in and out to the car and he smiled at her - but he headed straight to the retirement flats at the end of the road. Knows his audience!

Missus is gutted. As a staunch Plaidie she wanted to give him an ear full . Now just thinks he's a coward. Must have given him one of her looks she normally saves for me .
Tactical voting in Gower on 20:16 - Jun 3 with 1845 viewsswanjackal

Had Plaid around our cul-de-sac earlier. Politely told them I was not a Nationalist, and walked off.

Tactical voting in Gower on 21:15 - Jun 3 with 1806 viewsKilkennyjack

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:16 - Jun 3 by swanjackal

Had Plaid around our cul-de-sac earlier. Politely told them I was not a Nationalist, and walked off.

Dont you like peopke who want to stand up for wales ?

Beware of the Risen People

Tactical voting in Gower on 22:58 - Jun 3 with 1775 viewsLeonWasGod

Lol, just seen this. Ignore me I was probably pissed. I've seen Byron in action today stalking the retirement village, so know where he's getting his support from.

We have got an unhealthy number of retired people walking round in deck shoes and nautical jumpers drapped over their shoulders though. It's like a scene from Howards Way round here sometimes. The farmers here are fine: a long way from some of the major landowners I've suffered the company of at political events. Ours have a very different outlook on life and set of challenges to deal with.
Tactical voting in Gower on 02:04 - Jun 4 with 1745 viewsGowerjack

Loh

Despite the fact that I disagree with much of your views you are one of the best posters on this site.

But I have to take you to task here...

I live in a farming community and your view of farmers is rose tinted to say the least.

The farm across the road from me is a factory farm,cows are kept in sheds for their entire life in foul conditions and fed factory produced chemically enhanced "feed". It's easier than letting the beasts roam and eat grass.

The main business of the farm involves letting 4 holiday cottages at c£1000 per week high season and attempting to sell off thier land for executive housing wherever possible.

Greedy and selfish with no concept of responsibility for the land they have been fortunate enough to inherit and eager to claim every available grant or subsidy they can get their grasping lazy hands on.

Time to take off your rose tinted glasses my friend.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Tactical voting in Gower on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 1692 viewsYossarian

Tactical voting in Gower on 02:04 - Jun 4 by Gowerjack

Loh

Despite the fact that I disagree with much of your views you are one of the best posters on this site.

But I have to take you to task here...

I live in a farming community and your view of farmers is rose tinted to say the least.

The farm across the road from me is a factory farm,cows are kept in sheds for their entire life in foul conditions and fed factory produced chemically enhanced "feed". It's easier than letting the beasts roam and eat grass.

The main business of the farm involves letting 4 holiday cottages at c£1000 per week high season and attempting to sell off thier land for executive housing wherever possible.

Greedy and selfish with no concept of responsibility for the land they have been fortunate enough to inherit and eager to claim every available grant or subsidy they can get their grasping lazy hands on.

Time to take off your rose tinted glasses my friend.

Name names!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:13 - Jun 4 with 1660 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Do the Greens support Labours "Garden Tax" which will force home owners to sell their gardens to developers to build yet more house. If you have a garden in Labour's heart land London you could be faced with a tax £20,000 per year based on London property values.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:17 - Jun 4 with 1655 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:13 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

Do the Greens support Labours "Garden Tax" which will force home owners to sell their gardens to developers to build yet more house. If you have a garden in Labour's heart land London you could be faced with a tax £20,000 per year based on London property values.

Except that Labuur hasn't committed to introducing such a tax.

Poll: Tory leader

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:25 - Jun 4 with 1645 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:17 - Jun 4 by exiledclaseboy

Except that Labuur hasn't committed to introducing such a tax.

Read their manifesto.

Under the flagship Labour manifesto pledge homeowners would pay an annual tax based on the value of their land, instead of paying council tax.
But calculations by this newspaper show homeowners in London and the South East would be disproportionately hit, forcing many to choose between paying tens of thousands of pounds a year in extra tax - or selling up.
This effect would "decimate" house prices according to housing expert Henry Prior, who correctly called the last major dip in 2007.
He said: "It is almost inconceivable that such a tax would come forward in the way being suggested. It would not be too dramatic to suggest it could decimate the market and it would also have a huge effect on

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 1638 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:25 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

Read their manifesto.

Under the flagship Labour manifesto pledge homeowners would pay an annual tax based on the value of their land, instead of paying council tax.
But calculations by this newspaper show homeowners in London and the South East would be disproportionately hit, forcing many to choose between paying tens of thousands of pounds a year in extra tax - or selling up.
This effect would "decimate" house prices according to housing expert Henry Prior, who correctly called the last major dip in 2007.
He said: "It is almost inconceivable that such a tax would come forward in the way being suggested. It would not be too dramatic to suggest it could decimate the market and it would also have a huge effect on

I've got the manifesto right next to me. It says this:

"We will initiate a review into reforming council tax and business rates and consider new options such as a land value tax."

Far better to read to manifestos themselves rather than rely on biased, scaremongering and inaccurate reporting I tend to find.

Poll: Tory leader

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:38 - Jun 4 with 1634 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I am sure Labour will review it then introduce a land tax. You can be the sure they will raise tax for the rich (which by Labours definition is anyone who owns their own house). You will probably be OK if you live in social housing and currently have your Council Tax paid as part of your benefits.

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:41 - Jun 4 with 1628 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:38 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure Labour will review it then introduce a land tax. You can be the sure they will raise tax for the rich (which by Labours definition is anyone who owns their own house). You will probably be OK if you live in social housing and currently have your Council Tax paid as part of your benefits.

🤡

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024