Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical voting in Gower 12:43 - May 16 with 16841 viewsacejack3065

The Greens have officially pulled out in Gower and have backed Labour. Interesting stuff. The progressive alliance lives... sort of.

Anyone else tactically voting in Gower, given that it's the most marginal seat in the country?
Tactical voting in Gower on 12:23 - Jun 4 with 2113 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:38 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure Labour will review it then introduce a land tax. You can be the sure they will raise tax for the rich (which by Labours definition is anyone who owns their own house). You will probably be OK if you live in social housing and currently have your Council Tax paid as part of your benefits.

You got it bad

Poll: Tory leader

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:31 - Jun 5 with 2022 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see election posters are be defaced with obscenities in the Gower. Sounds like the militant left are on the rise. So much for reasoned debate.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:40 - Jun 5 with 2017 viewsnice_to_michu

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:31 - Jun 5 by felixstowe_jack

I see election posters are be defaced with obscenities in the Gower. Sounds like the militant left are on the rise. So much for reasoned debate.

So far your 'reasoned debate' has just been misinterpreting a manifesto.

As for defaced election posters, I think it's bang out of order. In one of them it is written in graffiti 'vote Labour'. Nevertheless, you seem to insinuate it was left-wingers who did it. You have any reason to suggest this?
Tactical voting in Gower on 07:43 - Jun 5 with 2015 viewsWarwickHunt

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:40 - Jun 5 by nice_to_michu

So far your 'reasoned debate' has just been misinterpreting a manifesto.

As for defaced election posters, I think it's bang out of order. In one of them it is written in graffiti 'vote Labour'. Nevertheless, you seem to insinuate it was left-wingers who did it. You have any reason to suggest this?

Possibly because those lovely Momentum people act like Nazis when anyone disagrees with them...
Tactical voting in Gower on 07:43 - Jun 5 with 2014 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly likely to be Conservatives is it. All electioneering was supposed to have stopped yesterday but I still had a leaflet through my letter box from the NUT yesterday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:48 - Jun 5 with 2008 viewswaynekerr55

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:43 - Jun 5 by WarwickHunt

Possibly because those lovely Momentum people act like Nazis when anyone disagrees with them...

If only we could make a bonfire of soap dodging commies and swivelled eyed right wing loons, hey?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tactical voting in Gower on 08:07 - Jun 5 with 1999 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tactical voting in Gower on 12:23 - Jun 4 by exiledclaseboy

You got it bad

He got it real bad

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 1963 viewsmonmouth

I don't think that my tactical vote will help.

In Monmouth, the tactical advice is to vote for Labour.
But don't get your hopes up. The combined vote of Plaid Cymru, Labour, Lib Dem and the Greens would not have been enough in 2015 to beat the Conservatives.
2015 result
Conservative
Lab + Lib Dem + PC + Green

Besides which, he's actually a decent constituency mp, which is what it should really be about, if it wasn't for shitty parties and FPTP

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 1960 viewsHighjack

I'm going to tactically vote in Neath so that Labour's majority might be cut to less than 400,000.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:00 - Jun 5 with 1919 viewswestwalesed

Out of interest what do they say? The Tory boards in Pembrokeshire have been defaced with "for the few" all over them in what looks like some sort of stencil because the graffiti is identical.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:09 - Jun 5 with 1911 viewsacejack3065

Several labour boards have been cut up or stolen. The difference is we don't cry to the evening post every time someone disagrees with us like Byron. We are just getting on with it.
Tactical voting in Gower on 14:20 - Jun 5 with 1899 viewswestwalesed

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:09 - Jun 5 by acejack3065

Several labour boards have been cut up or stolen. The difference is we don't cry to the evening post every time someone disagrees with us like Byron. We are just getting on with it.

I have to say I have ever seen anything other than Conservative boards defaced anywhere at all.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:23 - Jun 5 with 1894 viewsacejack3065

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:20 - Jun 5 by westwalesed

I have to say I have ever seen anything other than Conservative boards defaced anywhere at all.

That's because the Labour boards aren't being graffitied. They are being pulled down. We've had to replace several in West Cross and Three Crosses.
Tactical voting in Gower on 14:27 - Jun 5 with 1887 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 07:43 - Jun 5 by WarwickHunt

At least the Nazis had the benefit of Hugo Boss tailoring, look at the state of this lot!

Would you believe this harridan actually has a doctorate and is a research fellow at the LSE?

Actually, no, scratch that. It's not much of a leap at all...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:30 - Jun 5 with 1881 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 11:42 - Jun 5 by Highjack

I'm going to tactically vote in Neath so that Labour's majority might be cut to less than 400,000.

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:38 - Jun 5 with 1867 viewsUxbridge

Labour putting up Millie Tant in Gwyr hasn't helped. Byron is an utter shambles though, which just goes to show a lot in Gower will vote blue regardless of the competence of their candidate. No different to Neefers et al when it comes to Labour.

Anyway I'm all for tactical voting under FPTP, especially as elections increasingly become about the cult of the party leaders.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:11 - Jun 5 with 1799 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:38 - Jun 5 by Uxbridge

Labour putting up Millie Tant in Gwyr hasn't helped. Byron is an utter shambles though, which just goes to show a lot in Gower will vote blue regardless of the competence of their candidate. No different to Neefers et al when it comes to Labour.

Anyway I'm all for tactical voting under FPTP, especially as elections increasingly become about the cult of the party leaders.

I had a Byron leaflet through the door today. Apparently he's "standing with Theresa May".

Probably too late to reconsider that particular campaign strategy now.

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:21 - Jun 5 with 1776 viewsmorningstar

Tactical voting in Gower on 14:27 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

At least the Nazis had the benefit of Hugo Boss tailoring, look at the state of this lot!

Would you believe this harridan actually has a doctorate and is a research fellow at the LSE?

Actually, no, scratch that. It's not much of a leap at all...

At least it looks like she's pleased to see everyone!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:21 - Jun 5 with 1776 viewsWingstandwood

I live in Gower, got my Brexit prediction right and I reckon Labour will retake the Gower seat. Labour have been doorstepping in my location as far back as a few weeks ago and just like the assembly election (didn't see Tory candidate) the party is putting in a lot of effort and manpower.

The party's efforts should see it cross the line with a 1,500 + majority IMO.

Argus!

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 1764 viewsLohengrin

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:21 - Jun 5 by morningstar

At least it looks like she's pleased to see everyone!

It does look a bit nippy to be outside in a vest, all her chums are properly wrapped up warm, balaclavas and all.

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 1764 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:21 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

I live in Gower, got my Brexit prediction right and I reckon Labour will retake the Gower seat. Labour have been doorstepping in my location as far back as a few weeks ago and just like the assembly election (didn't see Tory candidate) the party is putting in a lot of effort and manpower.

The party's efforts should see it cross the line with a 1,500 + majority IMO.

Well let's be honest, Gower is Labour's number one target seat in the entire country. If they don't take it they're f*cked and the Tory landslide everyone expected six weeks ago but not so much now will be very much on.

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:33 - Jun 5 with 1750 viewsUxbridge

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:24 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

Well let's be honest, Gower is Labour's number one target seat in the entire country. If they don't take it they're f*cked and the Tory landslide everyone expected six weeks ago but not so much now will be very much on.

Bookies have Tories as favourites but I can't imagine the market is particularly large. Until I saw that, I thought Labour had a very good chance of taking it. Still might. I was surprised how many people seem to still have their Brexit hats on and think the Tories are the only ones who will deliver it.

Weather might be the biggest factor though. Looks like being pretty filthy all week.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:38 - Jun 5 with 1739 viewsWingstandwood

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:24 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

The seat comes with significant psychological, morale and bragging right importance because it was once forever-Red. The Tories put in huge resources last time to win it and I think Labour have stepped up their efforts and joined the time, effort and money arms-race to win back the seat, hence my prediction. I saw a electioneering foot-soldier gathering outside their HQ on Saturday, there looked to be about twenty of them. They're out in number(s)!

Labour took the seat seriously the last time, this time even more.

Argus!

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:51 - Jun 5 with 1726 viewsacejack3065

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:38 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

The seat comes with significant psychological, morale and bragging right importance because it was once forever-Red. The Tories put in huge resources last time to win it and I think Labour have stepped up their efforts and joined the time, effort and money arms-race to win back the seat, hence my prediction. I saw a electioneering foot-soldier gathering outside their HQ on Saturday, there looked to be about twenty of them. They're out in number(s)!

Labour took the seat seriously the last time, this time even more.

You might have seen me then

Was lovely Saturday but got fooking drenched today.
Tactical voting in Gower on 20:59 - Jun 5 with 1717 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tactical voting in Gower on 20:51 - Jun 5 by acejack3065

You might have seen me then

Was lovely Saturday but got fooking drenched today.

Labour bods knocked our door on Saturday morning but I was having my weekly lye in and the Mrs hid in the kitchen as if they were Jehovah's Witnesses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024