Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Clear Out 12:52 - May 16 with 3865 viewsSS2013

Anyone you would remove / add to this list ? Agree / Disagree with prices

Gomis - 5M
Tabannou 2 M
Van der Hoorn 2M
Grimes 1M
Bartley 4M
Borja 8M
Brightitti Free
Barrow 4M
Emnes 1M

Potential 27M in recouped funds

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Summer Clear Out on 15:44 - May 16 with 1208 viewsmagicdaps10

Summer Clear Out on 15:24 - May 16 by Landore_Jack

What about Emnes?

he is out of contract, i dont think he will be seeing a 4 yr contract on his lap!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Summer Clear Out on 16:42 - May 16 with 1144 viewsSS2013

Summer Clear Out on 14:39 - May 16 by STID2017

I don't see why Chelsea would want a 34 year old when they have virtually any striker in the world.
Also don't see why Llorente would want to spend the rest of his career being a bench warmer. He doesn't seem like one who'll just grab the money, but I could be wrong.
As for Siggy, I honestly feel he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond. No top six club will sign him, so I hope we can persuade him his future is with us.

Hes 32

Summer Clear Out on 16:44 - May 16 with 1140 viewsSS2013

Summer Clear Out on 15:29 - May 16 by majorraglan

Personally I think we are more likely to get between £13m and £19m.
I don't read the Leeds sites, but some of the posters on here have and it seems the Leeds fans weren't overly impressed with Grimes, I think Swansea paid north of a £1m, I reckon he could go for half that.
Tabannou has played 6 games for Granada, whether that's because of form or injuries I don't know, but it doesn't suggest we'd get £2m for him, may not get anything! VDH - £1m, Gomis, last year of his contract, big wages (approx £80k per week if TransferMarkt is to be believe) 32 this summer, can score - £3.5m. Outside of the Premier League, there aren't many clubs who could afford his 80k per week and I am not sure Gomis would be a player the clubs who could afford the wages would be chasing because of his age. Barrow £1m, Bartley £4m, Baston £8m, Emnes is out of contract and therefore we get nothing. That's about £17m, I hope I am wrong and the club can get more but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You could be right mate, still 17-20M if invested in the right way could get us 3-4 good players.

Summer Clear Out on 16:48 - May 16 with 1136 viewsjack247

Summer Clear Out on 14:39 - May 16 by STID2017

I don't see why Chelsea would want a 34 year old when they have virtually any striker in the world.
Also don't see why Llorente would want to spend the rest of his career being a bench warmer. He doesn't seem like one who'll just grab the money, but I could be wrong.
As for Siggy, I honestly feel he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond. No top six club will sign him, so I hope we can persuade him his future is with us.

Chelsea don't want him to lead the line. They want him as a 15 minute battering ram for when they are chasing a game. His age and fitness won't matter to them, they are only looking at him as a bit-part player.

Whether he is happy to accept that for a shot at the title and CL football is open to debate.
Summer Clear Out on 16:58 - May 16 with 1115 viewsAnotherJohn

Summer Clear Out on 16:44 - May 16 by SS2013

You could be right mate, still 17-20M if invested in the right way could get us 3-4 good players.

I know he was a flop here, but coming off his goals in France I would want more than £5m for Gomis. Yes, he is no youngster, but somebody scoring around 20 a season does not come cheap. Look at what we wasted on Eder with a more modest record.

The other thought I have is that the war chest people are imagining isn't going to buy much in today's market. Most of our competitors are likely to spend a lot more. Newcastle are rumoured to have earmarked a budget of £70m upwards, perhaps a lot higher in Shearer's view,, with loans planned on top.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-tra

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-newcastle-boss-

If we sell at unrealistically low prices we may find that we are out of kilter with the market when we come to buy. The risk is that we exchange proven quality for a gamble in a lower price band. Siggy for Jota? That path only leads downhill.
Summer Clear Out on 17:00 - May 16 with 1114 viewsSTID2017

Summer Clear Out on 16:42 - May 16 by SS2013

Hes 32

Even if he is 32, he hasn't got the agility that some of his age and older possess.
He has been brilliant for us this season and one of the main reasons we stayed up.
I'm convinced he'll do a good job for us next season as well, but honestly I can't see him playing enough games to gain any medals at Chelsea.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Summer Clear Out on 17:05 - May 16 with 1101 viewsvetchonian

Summer Clear Out on 13:09 - May 16 by Landore_Jack

Amat - 2.5M

Dyer and Routledge signed new contracts this season.

The contract extensions may have been to allow the club to at least get some fee for them rather than them "run" the contract down and allow them to go on a "free"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Summer Clear Out on 17:36 - May 16 with 1076 viewsThornburyswan

Unfortunately Huw's not the best at selling players we want to exit so I'm a tad more negative on prices :-

Gomes - £5M
Tabanou - free
VDH - £1M
Grimes - free
Bartley - suspect Clement will retain him @ least until Jan.
Borja - probably loan fee plus % of wages, maybe £2M + 50% wages
Brightitti - free
Barrow - £2M
Emnes - free

Maybe £10/12M plus any first teamers we accept offers on - that said we would free up wages for new signings.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Clear Out on 17:44 - May 16 with 1064 viewsKGriz16

Paul Clement will convince Gylfi and Llorente to give us one more season. FACT.
Summer Clear Out on 17:58 - May 16 with 1044 viewsjasonbromham

I think Bartley will be staying. I think Clement believes there is a good player in there and with the right coaching can make him a great defender
Summer Clear Out on 18:08 - May 16 with 1039 viewsEasternJack

Summer Clear Out on 17:44 - May 16 by KGriz16

I tend to agree - unless silly money comes in

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Summer Clear Out on 18:15 - May 16 with 1028 viewsWhiterockin

Summer Clear Out on 17:44 - May 16 by KGriz16

I hope you are right. But I have heard that Siggy is lined up to replace Barkley if he leaves and this comes from the coaching side at Everton.
(No subject) (n/t) on 01:04 - May 19 with 922 viewsmajorraglan

Summer Clear Out on 08:43 - May 19 with 853 viewssP7qupUf

Summer Clear Out on 17:58 - May 16 by jasonbromham

I think Bartley will be staying. I think Clement believes there is a good player in there and with the right coaching can make him a great defender

With a good season under his belt at Leeds,you may well be right. I think that he's better than VDH and Amat. The lathers a walking time bomb.
Summer Clear Out on 09:06 - May 19 with 832 viewsHuwJackBastard

Summer Clear Out on 17:36 - May 16 by Thornburyswan

Unfortunately Huw's not the best at selling players we want to exit so I'm a tad more negative on prices :-

Gomes - £5M
Tabanou - free
VDH - £1M
Grimes - free
Bartley - suspect Clement will retain him @ least until Jan.
Borja - probably loan fee plus % of wages, maybe £2M + 50% wages
Brightitti - free
Barrow - £2M
Emnes - free

Maybe £10/12M plus any first teamers we accept offers on - that said we would free up wages for new signings.

dont see why everyone wants rid of borja! hes barely had a chance here because llorente has been class all season. id love to see him have a go - his last 2 seasons in spain he scored 41 goals. you cant be a bad player and score 19 goals in la liga for a struggling team!
Summer Clear Out on 10:49 - May 19 with 784 viewsjack247

Summer Clear Out on 09:06 - May 19 by HuwJackBastard

dont see why everyone wants rid of borja! hes barely had a chance here because llorente has been class all season. id love to see him have a go - his last 2 seasons in spain he scored 41 goals. you cant be a bad player and score 19 goals in la liga for a struggling team!

It's not because Llorente has been class all season, it's because Borja isn't physical enough to play as a lone striker. Doing it in La Liga with 2 very narrow wingers and all swapping positions isn't the same thing as battling two aggressive centre backs for aerial balls.

He didn't even get near the team much when Llorente was injured!

He probably isn't a bad player, just totally unsuited to the way we play at the moment. Unless we are going to start playing a much more fluid game, we are better off loaning him back to Spain and hoping he repeats his Eibar season so we don't take too much of a hit on him.
Summer Clear Out on 14:14 - May 19 with 739 viewsmajorraglan

Summer Clear Out on 10:49 - May 19 by jack247

It's not because Llorente has been class all season, it's because Borja isn't physical enough to play as a lone striker. Doing it in La Liga with 2 very narrow wingers and all swapping positions isn't the same thing as battling two aggressive centre backs for aerial balls.

He didn't even get near the team much when Llorente was injured!

He probably isn't a bad player, just totally unsuited to the way we play at the moment. Unless we are going to start playing a much more fluid game, we are better off loaning him back to Spain and hoping he repeats his Eibar season so we don't take too much of a hit on him.

Someone I know has a son (player) in the Swansea set up, I was told Borja is very sharp in training and in front of goal.
I think your comments re style and physicality maybe very accurate. If things don't change and he is not suited to the style of football Swansea are going to play next season, then a loan to a top half La Liga team may be a good call. If he could grab a similar number to what he got at Eibar his value will go back up. Gomis is also getting goals in Marseille. Different types of players suit different teams.
Summer Clear Out on 14:46 - May 19 with 710 viewseddie71

Summer Clear Out on 14:14 - May 19 by majorraglan

Someone I know has a son (player) in the Swansea set up, I was told Borja is very sharp in training and in front of goal.
I think your comments re style and physicality maybe very accurate. If things don't change and he is not suited to the style of football Swansea are going to play next season, then a loan to a top half La Liga team may be a good call. If he could grab a similar number to what he got at Eibar his value will go back up. Gomis is also getting goals in Marseille. Different types of players suit different teams.

That's interesting I wonder if he could play with Llorente in a diamond in a similar role to Ayew.
Summer Clear Out on 16:55 - May 19 with 649 viewsjack247

Summer Clear Out on 14:14 - May 19 by majorraglan

YouTube his goals from 2015-16 with Eibar. He clearly knows where the goal is, makes clever runs and is more mobile than Llorente. I know it's only brief highlights, but it looks like there is a good player in there.

Contrast that to his brief cameos with us and he just gets bullied. He just isn't suited to playing as a target man. I'm not sure how Guidolin intended to set us up when he had everyone available, but unless we were going back to a more flowing, fluid style, Borja was a ridiculous signing.
Summer Clear Out on 17:34 - May 19 with 632 viewsSospan_Fach

Summer Clear Out on 12:58 - May 16 by Swanjaxs

You can knock 3M off Barrow too

Lol
Summer Clear Out on 21:57 - May 19 with 594 viewsnantywatcher

Llorente has been class all season!! Wow people on here have very, very short memories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024