Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points 16:00 - May 16 with 2570 viewsCopperJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/swansea-must-more-capitalise-swanse

Read this earlier. He makes some excellent points, not just about the Swans, but about how the whole city needs to make the most of the Premier League brand. I've always been disappointed with the short termism of the Swans board that they adopted a completely laissez faire attitude towards helping regenerate Swansea.

When you look at the work that Man City's owners have done with former run-down parts of the city, it shows what can be done (obviously on a smaller scale). I've been calling for years for a club shop in the city centre - granted, it won't fix its woes by any stretch, but in half terms/summer hols, kit launches etc etc, it'll bring in footfall.

The Swans need Swansea as a city to have money to support it. The Swans also need a nice-ish city centre so players enjoy living here. It feels like, until now, they've made very little effort to address either concern. Pearlman seems to be moving things in the right direction. The club has also joined the Swansea Business Improvement District. Again, another thing lacking under our previous uninspiring owners.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 16:11 - May 16 with 2541 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is a shame it took six seasons before we employed somebody with good knowledge of how to do his job to an acceptable standard in such an important position at the club.

Hopefully he'll prove to be fully worthy of his huge salary, unlike most of the other senior figures behind the scenes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 16:23 - May 16 with 2512 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea City should ,by now, have a flag ship shop right in the centre

I d actually cull sales of manure Chelsea Liverpool shirts too

It's the biggest business

It should be everything and in everyone's interest to remain in the top flight

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 16:25 - May 16 with 2512 viewsMeraki

They have been to busy lining their pockets, they don't give a f*ck about anyone but themselves.

This Pearlman guy sounds alright.
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 16:35 - May 16 with 2488 viewsLeonWasGod

It's a bit hard for local businesses to leverage sales out of an overseas TV audience, which seems to be the gist of what he's saying. But sure it's an opportunity to capitalise on the increased visitor footfall to Swansea.

I'd be interested to see what impact he's going to have on the club's commercial activity and revenue bottom line.

We have a shop presence in Debenhams already. And presumably they can relocate Cymdu store now that the training pitches have gone?

Edit - it's generally good. But i don't like it when he talks about connecting businesses with fans. What he means is using our details to try and flog us stuff. I don't want that and I don't want flashing advertising boards in my face when I'm trying to watch a game. I know he needs to raise sponsorship revenue from companies but I push back on cold selling stuff like this.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 16:37]
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 18:25 - May 16 with 2372 viewswaynekerr55

A serious question here. Dineen not only occupies the vice chair post but also has other positions at his family business and for another organisation. Could the poor performance be the result of him "spinning too many plates"?

For the record I'd have no problem with him fulfilling multiple roles if he was doing the VC position 'pro bono', but I'd be interested to see how his performance has been appraised given the inverse correlation between salary and commercial performance.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 18:30 - May 16 with 2364 viewsjack2jack

Are there any empty shops in the City Centre they could move into then Mmmmm!
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:14 - May 16 with 2267 viewsNeathJack

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 18:25 - May 16 by waynekerr55

A serious question here. Dineen not only occupies the vice chair post but also has other positions at his family business and for another organisation. Could the poor performance be the result of him "spinning too many plates"?

For the record I'd have no problem with him fulfilling multiple roles if he was doing the VC position 'pro bono', but I'd be interested to see how his performance has been appraised given the inverse correlation between salary and commercial performance.

Eating from too many plates more like.
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:27 - May 16 with 2246 viewswaynekerr55

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:14 - May 16 by NeathJack

Eating from too many plates more like.

Ffs for once I wasn't looking for a food related bun I mean pun 😂

Seriously though I wonder if this has been raised with Pearlman by the Trust? Add to his supposed involvement with Gower Brewery - how could he possibly dedicate enough time to the role?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:29 - May 16 with 2239 viewsNookiejack

I suppose a running total should be kept analysing

How much incremental revenue Pearlman delivers.

Verses

The costs of his employment including bonuses.
Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:44 - May 16 with 2214 viewswaynekerr55

Chris Pearlman - makes some good points on 20:29 - May 16 by Nookiejack

I suppose a running total should be kept analysing

How much incremental revenue Pearlman delivers.

Verses

The costs of his employment including bonuses.

Very true Nookie. It's clear that this hasn't happened though. Look at the cluster fúck that were the accounts and the executive pay rose

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024