Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" 16:13 - May 17 with 2356 viewsDavillin

Lovely pissoff article. What'd I tell you?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/people-arent-happy-comments-ceo-130

Don't expect this crap to end until there's either no more shyt or no more fan.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 16:24 - May 17 with 2328 viewsheadcleaner

Another idiot in a long list of idiots at our club trotting out bile that means nothing. So what he's saying is we've given you a premier football club so you give us sponsorship and fall over yourselves to pour hard earned cash in to our club.

I'm glad the ex councillor reminded him of the stadium.

Pearlman get yer foot out of your large gob and show us how to run the commercial side to a decent standard and I don't mean pouring champers and prawns down the neck of freeloaders I mean sort out the merch and the stuff real fans buy etc.
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 16:37 - May 17 with 2270 viewsLeonWasGod

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 16:24 - May 17 by headcleaner

Another idiot in a long list of idiots at our club trotting out bile that means nothing. So what he's saying is we've given you a premier football club so you give us sponsorship and fall over yourselves to pour hard earned cash in to our club.

I'm glad the ex councillor reminded him of the stadium.

Pearlman get yer foot out of your large gob and show us how to run the commercial side to a decent standard and I don't mean pouring champers and prawns down the neck of freeloaders I mean sort out the merch and the stuff real fans buy etc.

Re first paragraph, that's his job surely? Sponsorship is a major element of commercial activity, although it would be nice to see him set his sights a bit higher than local businesses. And I'm sure he is/will, as all this press stuff that's come out in the last week from hi is off the back of an event for local businesses.

I'm not defending his record so far (as I don't know what he's done) but his comments about local involvement don't sound too bad to me.

I have a bigger problem with this type of 'Jack on Twitter said...' type articles. Awful 'journalism'.
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 16:40 - May 17 with 2252 viewsGlyn1

However, he's making a good point.

If he's implying that the council should provide more assistance to the club, e.g. by selling the stadium to them at below the market price, then he can f*** off.

But if he's saying that the council and the commercial sector should use our Premier League status more effectively, then that's what everyone on Planet Swans has been saying for years.

We're an established top club and we're the gateway to Gower and the west coast - the council should be exploiting those advantages more than they do.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 17:12 - May 17 with 2152 viewsEasternJack

Maximising our revenues through any means. Forming stronger commercial relationships with local partners (i.e. the council) who materially benefit from having a premier league club in their city is common sense. It's mutually beneficial to keep this train on the rails so "we" should be asking for every and anything that helps achieve that.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 17:15 - May 17 with 2141 viewsTheFranchise

It's about time someone rattled some cages
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 17:22 - May 17 with 2125 viewsDarran

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 17:12 - May 17 by EasternJack

Maximising our revenues through any means. Forming stronger commercial relationships with local partners (i.e. the council) who materially benefit from having a premier league club in their city is common sense. It's mutually beneficial to keep this train on the rails so "we" should be asking for every and anything that helps achieve that.

There's not much local that's going to give us mega bucks though is there?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:13 - May 17 with 1979 viewsEasternJack

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 17:22 - May 17 by Darran

There's not much local that's going to give us mega bucks though is there?

Fair point - but they can help in-directly (i.e. transport links, infrastructure planning, expansion planning permissions) i.e. make the club part of the city/community rather than just another business.

There also opportunities for a more direct quid pro quo e.g. co-marketing

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:24 - May 17 with 1942 viewsEilian

It's hard to tell what is worse, the terrible journalism or the response from the council.

The bloke has come out and asked the city to work with the club to maximize the exposure of the city in a mutually beneficial relationship and the council respond with something along the lines of, we did some work 15 years ago to get a stadium so you should be falling at our feet.

Swansea City is probably the best thing to happen to the city in the last 50 years!
Login to get fewer ads

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:28 - May 17 with 1929 viewsblueytheblue

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:24 - May 17 by Eilian

It's hard to tell what is worse, the terrible journalism or the response from the council.

The bloke has come out and asked the city to work with the club to maximize the exposure of the city in a mutually beneficial relationship and the council respond with something along the lines of, we did some work 15 years ago to get a stadium so you should be falling at our feet.

Swansea City is probably the best thing to happen to the city in the last 50 years!

Maybe, but would it have ended in Prem without Liberty being built?

You could thus say your council have invested more than the Yanks have...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:33 - May 17 with 1902 viewsEasternJack

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:28 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Maybe, but would it have ended in Prem without Liberty being built?

You could thus say your council have invested more than the Yanks have...

You shouldn't have mentioned the "i" word.

Hard hat on.

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:34 - May 17 with 1898 viewsEilian

Of course, they have.

there is nothing the yanks can do about that though is there? It's about moving forward. If there is more to gain then the council will gain nothing from sitting still and waiting for gold to just start flowing out of the club.

he's asking for help and the council are laughing in his face.

No wonder Swansea is such a sh*it hole
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:38 - May 17 with 1880 viewsblueytheblue

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:33 - May 17 by EasternJack

You shouldn't have mentioned the "i" word.

Hard hat on.

From my perspective the council have a valid point.

They've done something tangible.

Yanks have what? Bought shares, not aware of them having put a single penny into the club?

You can see that would grate, a club getting over £100m a year from TV alone asking the council to do more to help them...

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:50 - May 17 with 1836 viewsgetcarter

The Yank is correct but this just highlights the vision and business acumen of the local council, vote for semi literate monkeys and you see what you get.
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 02:25 - May 18 with 1637 viewsHumpty

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:34 - May 17 by Eilian

Of course, they have.

there is nothing the yanks can do about that though is there? It's about moving forward. If there is more to gain then the council will gain nothing from sitting still and waiting for gold to just start flowing out of the club.

he's asking for help and the council are laughing in his face.

No wonder Swansea is such a sh*it hole

There's one thing the Yanks could do. Put some money in themselves.

Until they do that they have no right to expect help from anyone. Especially a body that has already put £27M in.

The cheeky c*nts.

God. I'm agreeing with Bluey.
What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 05:37 - May 18 with 1588 viewsWatchman

The Stadium was not built solely for SCFC it was built 'by the people of West Glamorgan FOR the people of West Glamorgan, a facility that everyone can benefit from'
There are some people in the County that know those words some conveniently have forgotten them
If Mr Pearlman is coming under the realization that the club ( as part of the City) has experienced little or no major investment in years then this is a good thing and the first part in understanding what a Jack is.

Am I right in thinking that the only truly Global brand in the City is now Amazon?

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 09:44 - May 18 with 1374 viewsSTID2017

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 05:37 - May 18 by Watchman

The Stadium was not built solely for SCFC it was built 'by the people of West Glamorgan FOR the people of West Glamorgan, a facility that everyone can benefit from'
There are some people in the County that know those words some conveniently have forgotten them
If Mr Pearlman is coming under the realization that the club ( as part of the City) has experienced little or no major investment in years then this is a good thing and the first part in understanding what a Jack is.

Am I right in thinking that the only truly Global brand in the City is now Amazon?

Your last comment about Amazon was very unfair.
We also have HSBC, Lloyds, Alberto Culver, M's, ....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 10:43 - May 18 with 1321 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 18:13 - May 17 by EasternJack

Fair point - but they can help in-directly (i.e. transport links, infrastructure planning, expansion planning permissions) i.e. make the club part of the city/community rather than just another business.

There also opportunities for a more direct quid pro quo e.g. co-marketing

If these transport issues had been sorted out permission to expand would have been granted too.

Our last game is Sunday and what public transport options are there from the west of Swansea to the stadium and back???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky on 12:23 - May 18 with 1244 viewsWatchman

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 09:44 - May 18 by STID2017

Your last comment about Amazon was very unfair.
We also have HSBC, Lloyds, Alberto Culver, M's, ....

My last comment was not meant to be unfair merely that Global names are where we as a club should be targeting our attentions as they will have more money / mutual brand recognition thinking

Also if we rocked up next season with HSBC and LLoyds on the kit erm there may be repercussions in Barclays Towers
[Post edited 18 May 2017 12:25]

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky on 14:59 - May 18 with 1109 viewsSTID2017

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky on 12:23 - May 18 by Watchman

My last comment was not meant to be unfair merely that Global names are where we as a club should be targeting our attentions as they will have more money / mutual brand recognition thinking

Also if we rocked up next season with HSBC and LLoyds on the kit erm there may be repercussions in Barclays Towers
[Post edited 18 May 2017 12:25]

I forgot to put a smiley on the end ... was tongue in cheek comment

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 09:02 - May 19 with 904 viewsLandore_Jack

The '£1m' difference of opinion stalling the future of Swansea City's Liberty Stadium ground.

The club and Swansea Council are locked in discussions about the club taking over the lease of the stadium - and how much they should pay.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/1m-difference-opinion-stalling-futu

#backtojack

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 09:06 - May 19 with 899 viewsLandore_Jack

Some interesting points:

The Post understands that the club has made an offer for an annual lease payment which is lower than its own valuation and nearly £1 million below the council’s.

There is also frustration at the Guildhall that the council, as per the existing lease, does not apparently receive a rental income from the stadium or from the football and rugby clubs unless SSMC makes a profit.

“The club contributes over £2m every year to the upkeep and development of the stadium through a percentage of ticket sales, concession revenue and in-venue sponsorship around our fixtures.

“On top of this, the club has contributed over £7.5m to the development of the stadium in the last 10 years, which is a considerable investment into a stadium we don’t actually own.

There is some financial risk involved for the club in assuming sole responsibility and upkeep of the stadium, as well as a pre-exiting financial burden we would need to absorb. But, with the right type of agreement in place, it is a risk the club is prepared to take as we believe it will benefit all parties.

#backtojack

What'd I Tell You? “Ill-informed and cheeky" on 09:21 - May 19 with 851 viewsblueytheblue

Pearlman being American would be used to politicos rolling over and playing ball -see the billions invested by states in NFL stadia for example.

Reality is, Pearlman has no leverage. What's he going to do? Threaten to relocate Swansea a la MK Dons? Buy land in Swansea and build a brand spanking new stadium ( all the while having to also get planning permission et al ). That would involve either the Yanks actually investing or the club borrowing heavily...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024