Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy 23:48 - May 17 with 15539 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956535

It's interesting. Personally I think there might be a bid 'too good' for the club to turn down in the summer. The resolve will certainly be tested with concerns to gylfi. If we could get 1 more year of service i think it will benefit us and not do too much harm to his progression.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 23:56]
Siggy on 10:54 - May 18 with 2633 viewscrtz

Siggy on 10:47 - May 18 by TheResurrection

So Iceland are a better side ??

Are you serious here???

Clearly, England were outworked and outplayed many times throughout that game. These are things you clearly have a hard time understanding, claiming Gylfi is useless in open play and all.

We really should stop giving Res the attention he desires. It's doing no good for him.
Siggy on 11:09 - May 18 with 2610 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 10:54 - May 18 by crtz

Clearly, England were outworked and outplayed many times throughout that game. These are things you clearly have a hard time understanding, claiming Gylfi is useless in open play and all.

We really should stop giving Res the attention he desires. It's doing no good for him.

Lets give Res the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he is visually impaired, certainly seems that was because he clearly isn't watching the same games as everyone else....
Siggy on 11:12 - May 18 with 2601 viewsperchrockjack

We re in a great position with him

We dont need to sell

Is he playing hardball or softball..Who knows

Only a stupid offer upwards of 30m .If no, keep him and play him properly and give him captain armband .

He s played every game and in any position selected without complaint.

When he s had a poor game ,he comes back strong

Top top Pro

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Siggy on 11:17 - May 18 with 2581 viewsDarran

Some of the comments here are what's going wrong with this Forum of late.
If people can't see what The Res is saying they should log off and have a think.

Are Iceland a better team than England?
We beat Everton two weeks ago are we a better team than them?

It's not difficult FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Siggy on 11:29 - May 18 with 2547 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:54 - May 18 by crtz

So he had the one goal at the Euro's? Yep, you guessed it a penalty.

And no assists.

DIdn't cut the mustard really, did he.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy on 11:31 - May 18 with 2541 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Siggy on 11:17 - May 18 by Darran

If people can't see what The Res is saying they should log off and have a think.

It's not difficult FFS.

They haven't beaten us since 2014 ,8 games .

😉

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Siggy on 11:32 - May 18 with 2534 viewsDarran

Siggy on 11:31 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

They haven't beaten us since 2014 ,8 games .

😉

League tables don't tell lies.

Siggy on 11:34 - May 18 with 2532 viewsLandore_Jack

Really hope he stays. A key player for the club.

My gut feeling is that he will leave if Everton make a £35m+ offer. Unfortunately, every player has a price.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy on 11:34 - May 18 with 2532 viewscrtz

Siggy on 11:17 - May 18 by Darran

It's not difficult FFS.

Club football and International football are nothing alike.

Iceland are vastly superior tactically than England and work harder off the ball, that is what matters. The fact you two baboons believe individuals matter more than the team as a whole shows how much you know about football.

@Res, Siggy was given a more disciplined defensive role. Played it perfectly and got Iceland to the Quarter-Finals starting every match, losing only to France, the hosts. Yeah, clearly a terrible tournament.
Siggy on 11:43 - May 18 with 2507 viewsDarran

Siggy on 11:34 - May 18 by crtz

Iceland are vastly superior tactically than England and work harder off the ball, that is what matters. The fact you two baboons believe individuals matter more than the team as a whole shows how much you know about football.

@Res, Siggy was given a more disciplined defensive role. Played it perfectly and got Iceland to the Quarter-Finals starting every match, losing only to France, the hosts. Yeah, clearly a terrible tournament.

You need to up your game Sonny I don't agree with The Res on Siggy at all.
Oh and Iceland still aren't better than England.

Siggy on 12:14 - May 18 with 2446 viewsDevz00

Siggy on 10:32 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Shelvey, for all his faults could make a few assists and through balls in OPEN PLAY. He's also made it to English squads. No offence but Siggy would never be looked at for England.

Just picking up on the open play assists comment. He actually got 5 assists from open play which is pretty decent. Especially when you consider the number of chances he has created. I've done a break-down of every assist

This season's stats -

Goals = 9
3 x pen
2 x free kick
4 open play

Assists = 13
Open play - 5
Free Kick - 5
Corner - 3

Swans 1-3 Man City
Llorente goal from Siggy pass in OPEN PLAY

Stoke 3-1 Swans
Routledge goal from a Siggy cross in OPEN PLAY

Swans 1-3 Man U
VDH goal from Siggy free kick

Swans 5-4 Palace
Llorente goal from Siggy assist in OPEN PLAY
This one, from memory, was a shot turned in by Llorente.

Swans 3-0 Sunderland
Llorente goal from a Siggy corner

Palace 1-2 Swans
Mawson goal from Siggy free kick

Swans 2-1 Southampton
Mawson from Siggy corner

Swans 2-0 Leicester
Olsson goal from Siggy assist in OPEN PLAY

Chelsea 3-1 Swans
Llorente goal from Siggy free kick

Swans 3-2 Burnley
Olsson goal from Siggy through ball in OPEN PLAY

Hull 2-1 Swans

Swans 2-0 Stoke
Llorente goal from Siggy corner

Sunderland 0-2 Swans

Siggy's other stats here -
http://www.squawka.com/players/gylfi-sigurdsson/stats#total-chances-created#swan

70 chances created, next best is Routledge on 25.

Also, we have looked terrible at set pieces for a few seasons. Both in attack and defence. We have obviously improved with Clement at defending set pieces as we haven't conceded one for ages. Are we really going to complain about Siggy not getting enough assists from open play when he's got us 8 from set pieces? We would have been crying out for 1 or 2 set piece goals a season in the past. Siggy has assisted 8!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Siggy on 12:36 - May 18 with 2410 viewsDevz00

Siggy on 12:14 - May 18 by Devz00

Just picking up on the open play assists comment. He actually got 5 assists from open play which is pretty decent. Especially when you consider the number of chances he has created. I've done a break-down of every assist

This season's stats -

Goals = 9
3 x pen
2 x free kick
4 open play

Assists = 13
Open play - 5
Free Kick - 5
Corner - 3

Swans 1-3 Man City

Stoke 3-1 Swans

Swans 1-3 Man U

Swans 5-4 Palace

Swans 3-0 Sunderland

Palace 1-2 Swans

Swans 2-1 Southampton
Mawson from Siggy corner

Swans 2-0 Leicester

Chelsea 3-1 Swans

Swans 3-2 Burnley

Hull 2-1 Swans

Swans 2-0 Stoke

Sunderland 0-2 Swans

http://www.squawka.com/players/gylfi-sigurdsson/stats#total-chances-created#swan

Also, we have looked terrible at set pieces for a few seasons. Both in attack and defence. We have obviously improved with Clement at defending set pieces as we haven't conceded one for ages. Are we really going to complain about Siggy not getting enough assists from open play when he's got us 8 from set pieces? We would have been crying out for 1 or 2 set piece goals a season in the past. Siggy has assisted 8!

And to go even further on this...

Siggy assists in OPEN PLAY ONLY = 5 in 37 games

Ross Barkley, who plays for England, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 35 games

Mesut Ozil, who plays for Germany, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 32 games

Pedro, who plays for Spain, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 34 games

I have no idea how many of the assists from the other 3 players were from set pieces but I think I've proven my point.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 12:37]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Siggy on 12:45 - May 18 with 2374 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 11:34 - May 18 by crtz

They were shit and got lucky by playing 10 men behind the ball FFS.

Have a facking word...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Siggy on 13:02 - May 18 with 2338 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 12:36 - May 18 by Devz00

And to go even further on this...

Siggy assists in OPEN PLAY ONLY = 5 in 37 games

Ross Barkley, who plays for England, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 35 games

Mesut Ozil, who plays for Germany, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 32 games

Pedro, who plays for Spain, total assists (including set pieces) = 8 in 34 games

I have no idea how many of the assists from the other 3 players were from set pieces but I think I've proven my point.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 12:37]

Well it's 4 though really isn't it, as then you're making these assists even more of a laughing stock than they already are, if you're going to include a shot as one. Scrap that for starters.

Also the one for Llorente against Man City means nothing as well. It was just a basic pass forward, Llorente takes all the credit for that one.

The Olsson goals were true assist's and good ones. As was the Routledge header.

so that's 3 real times in 37 games he's made a goal for us through true ingenuity and creativity.

3 times FFS.

This season has all been about the long, looping free kick from deep and great headers.

Siggy on 13:11 - May 18 with 2321 viewsbuilthjack

A top top pro. One that we need to keep. End of.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggy on 13:19 - May 18 with 2307 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 11:12 - May 18 by perchrockjack

We re in a great position with him

We dont need to sell

Is he playing hardball or softball..Who knows

Only a stupid offer upwards of 30m .If no, keep him and play him properly and give him captain armband .

He s played every game and in any position selected without complaint.

When he s had a poor game ,he comes back strong

Top top Pro

Yes we are.

He is a top pro in the main but he's been a real petulant big baby this season too.

If we got £30m for him i'd be gobsmacked but literally over the moon.

Siggy on 13:31 - May 18 with 2284 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 13:02 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Well it's 4 though really isn't it, as then you're making these assists even more of a laughing stock than they already are, if you're going to include a shot as one. Scrap that for starters.

Also the one for Llorente against Man City means nothing as well. It was just a basic pass forward, Llorente takes all the credit for that one.

so that's 3 real times in 37 games he's made a goal for us through true ingenuity and creativity.

3 times FFS.

This season has all been about the long, looping free kick from deep and great headers.

The Resurrections guide to "Alternative Facts".
Siggy on 13:38 - May 18 with 2269 viewsjack2jack

Ah Mr Siggy, what can one say, well i'll have a go is it.
A player that puts in a real shift more often than not
Carried the team through the roughest of patches
A player that's filled in on the left when needed and really didn't moan about it
More assists than any other player (13)
Chipped in with 9 goals
Says he wants to continue with the Swans.
Fvck me what the hell do people want from a player.
Don't get me wrong hes had some off days but don't we all.
Personally we could do with more Siggy's
Hope he stays
BTW Without him and Llorente we'd be playing in the Championship next season
Siggy on 14:10 - May 18 with 2231 viewshammy

Siggy on 12:14 - May 18 by Devz00

This season's stats -

Goals = 9
3 x pen
2 x free kick
4 open play

Assists = 13
Open play - 5
Free Kick - 5
Corner - 3

Swans 1-3 Man City

Stoke 3-1 Swans

Swans 1-3 Man U

Swans 5-4 Palace

Swans 3-0 Sunderland

Palace 1-2 Swans

Swans 2-1 Southampton
Mawson from Siggy corner

Swans 2-0 Leicester

Chelsea 3-1 Swans

Swans 3-2 Burnley

Hull 2-1 Swans

Swans 2-0 Stoke

Sunderland 0-2 Swans

Yep, let's get De Guzman back LOL

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Siggy on 14:55 - May 18 with 2177 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 13:19 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Yes we are.

He is a top pro in the main but he's been a real petulant big baby this season too.

If we got £30m for him i'd be gobsmacked but literally over the moon.

I wouldn't care if the whole squad was petulant if they contributed half of what he has.
For petulant read Neil Taylor.
BTW you still haven't answered the question from five hours or so ago:
Do you honestly think we would have survived without* Siggy in the side ?
£40 million wouldn't make up for the hole he would leave.
Same as £30 million didn't fill the whole Bony left.

See *edit
[Post edited 18 May 2017 16:04]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy on 15:08 - May 18 with 2152 viewsDevz00

Siggy on 13:02 - May 18 by TheResurrection

3 times FFS.

If you want to start nit-picking then you can do that for every player in the league. That's why I posted my second post about Ozil, Pedro and Barkely. All internationals at a top club and they only got 8 assists each. All creative midfielders. I haven't looked at their individual assists in detail but I bet more than a few of them are 'basic' or a set piece.

I don't see how you can argue the facts but it's your opinion and that's fine. I'm just stating facts.

Also, you say he's only made 3 goals through being creative. Well, he has made 70 chances which is nearly 3 times more than Routledge in second place. It's up to others to score them sometimes.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 15:09]

Siggy on 15:30 - May 18 with 2124 viewsjack247

Siggy on 08:23 - May 18 by monmouth

I read it as an insurance policy wrapped in a speculative marketing message. If a club comes in with an offer the board accepts, it's not his fault for wanting out, stays a hero and gets a loyalty bonus from us when leaving. If, and this is the speculative marketing bit, a top 6 club (very unlikely) or high profile overseas club comes in because he keeps his press profile bubbling, but it's 'well I was happy at Swansea but this is too good to turn down. In the meantime, his agent will be working overtime to engineer offers that he thinks the board will accept, because that's what they do for their income.In parallel he will be looking for yet another improved contract/staying bonus for his client, hence the praise for Paul Clement (which he might actually mean, but wasn't Siggy the one that said things had improved in training under Boobley?).

Of course it could just be he's telling the truth as he sees it and his agent is sat at home with his feet up. In which case he is like no other player in the history of the premier league money grasping circus. Possible.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, and particularly how the Conkmeister General handles it.

That's pretty plausible. Jenkins pretty much alluded to Gylfi (and Llorente) being hard to keep hold of if he wanted to leave the other day. Sowing the seeds for 'we did everything we could but the player just wanted to go....'. I guess this is Gylfi putting the ball back in Jenkins' court. 'I was happy at Swansea but the club accepted an offer....'

The truth may well be somewhere in between. If a good enough offer comes in, he will want to go and the club will want to sell him. Neither party is going to want to look like the bad guy. If we don't get an offer that suits both parties, they will fall back on the 'always wanted to stay/always wanted to keep him' line.

And yes, his agent probably is haggling for a payrise at the same time. That's football.
Siggy on 15:46 - May 18 with 2113 viewsicecoldjack

I think Siggy has played a blinder here, drops it firmly in the clubs hands and goes off to enjoy his hollidays.

If we have any kind of ambition firm bids will be turned down, it will be really interesting to see how the summer goes on that front.
I get the feeling that Siggy feels he can improve under the current coaching set up, but a lot will also depend on what we do in the transfer market, we cannot afford to lose any quality we have unless equal is signed.

I also think it's fair to say that siggy goes if any kind of big club comes in and offers the going rate, he has said that champions league is where he'd like to play one day so maybe he thinks no point in going until the right team comes along, it's also quite telling about his words on Paul Clement that he feels the club will be in a safer position next season, good to hear too, if he is happy in the area, plays every week ,continues to be a big fish in a small pond, gets the going rate in wages then no real need to go anywhere else, not sure if his Mrs lives here with him or not but if he is happy here no need to fook off for a few extra thousand per week at another club unless it offers something different.

If he went he he would've earned it, if he's happy here and stays that's great news, let's not forget it helps to sign players when good players are here !
Siggy on 17:54 - May 18 with 2015 viewsRobert

Siggy on 11:29 - May 18 by TheResurrection

So he had the one goal at the Euro's? Yep, you guessed it a penalty.

And no assists.

DIdn't cut the mustard really, did he.

Here is Siggy assisting in the Euros 😂
The Res 🙈🙈🙈
Siggy on 18:06 - May 18 with 2546 viewsSilverSurfer

Siggy on 11:32 - May 18 by Darran

League tables don't tell lies.

We have had a pi$$ poor season but Everton are no better than us they have just started splashing the cash now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024