Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy 23:48 - May 17 with 15546 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956535

It's interesting. Personally I think there might be a bid 'too good' for the club to turn down in the summer. The resolve will certainly be tested with concerns to gylfi. If we could get 1 more year of service i think it will benefit us and not do too much harm to his progression.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 23:56]
Siggy on 18:08 - May 18 with 2322 viewsNeath_Jack

Some silly things being said in this thread chaps.

Some are getting played like a fiddle.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Siggy on 18:09 - May 18 with 2318 viewsNirvana

Siggy on 11:17 - May 18 by Darran

Some of the comments here are what's going wrong with this Forum of late.
If people can't see what The Res is saying they should log off and have a think.

Are Iceland a better team than England?
We beat Everton two weeks ago are we a better team than them?

It's not difficult FFS.

Really not understanding this, Darran.

Enlighten me. What exactly is Res trying to say here?
Siggy on 20:16 - May 18 with 2237 views34dfgdf54

Siggy on 18:06 - May 18 by SilverSurfer

We have had a pi$$ poor season but Everton are no better than us they have just started splashing the cash now

You genuinely believe Everton are no better than us? Fair play.
Siggy on 21:52 - May 18 with 2164 viewsEasternJack

Res - if you keep digging on this you're going to pop up on my side of the world.

You're objectively wrong on this one. Move on.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Siggy (n/t) on 22:15 - May 18 with 2130 viewsjoshdon10

Siggy on 23:57 - May 17 by JethroJack

If we end up selling Siggy after he said this, the Board should be lined up in front of a firing squad.

[Post edited 18 May 2017 22:17]
Siggy on 22:18 - May 18 with 2127 viewsjoshdon10

Siggy on 07:41 - May 18 by TheResurrection

First post that's made sense on this thread.

I never post I just like to read but screaming at this comment worth a post
Siggy on 22:18 - May 18 with 2124 viewsGriffting

The interview he gave radio wales is on the 'Swansea weekly podcast', on their site if anyone's interested.
It's about 9:55 in, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0539j2z
He seems pretty blasé about the whole affair, as he usually is.
Siggy on 02:49 - May 19 with 2029 viewsGlyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/18/gylfi-sigurdsson-better-off-swa

From the Guardian: "Gylfi Sigurdsson is better off at Swansea than bigger club, says Paul Clement"

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy on 03:42 - May 19 with 2009 viewsnyc_swans

not sure i'm all that concerned about a few pull quotes from a player who has always said the right things. his comments don't change anything.

siggy won't force a move. that much has always been clear, but he certainly has a price, and he might up the bidding a bit by stating he's happy.

im convinced that he's gone if the bidding gets to 28-30M. can you guys honestly see jenkins refusing that?
Siggy on 10:02 - May 19 with 1908 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 21:52 - May 18 by EasternJack

Res - if you keep digging on this you're going to pop up on my side of the world.

You're objectively wrong on this one. Move on.

Russia? Australia?

Seriously though mate, I think the time is right all round. He feels he can still do it at a "big club" and at 27 will see himself as in his prime.

His stock is never going to be higher than it is right now and that money will be crucial for us over the next few seasons.

I hear the concerns about re-investing the money and nobody can predict the future, but I'm hoping the Club is being run well and the signs from the outside is that it is.

This means growing the Club slowly but successfully.

The training and academy areas are finished, and look at the results. So no great capital injection needed there any more.

We've got the manager we need. Intelligent with real presence, tactically superior and with the right pedigree.

We've seen the type of players we've gone in for under him in January. Yes, we know he wouldn't have scouted them. but he signed off on them.

We are seeing signs of commercial improvement, Pearlman and Co. are knocking on the right doors with Swansea Council and recognising how important the Club is to the City and vice versa. We should see greater revenue from overseas, the States for one...

And the expansion of the stadium under this lot looks a distinct possibility rather than just a pipe dream.

So we'll need money to be competitive and not rely on just one or two big fish getting more and more spoiled and petulant. We can get back to basics and get young, hungry ball players with everything to prove wanting to play in the EPL for the right manager.

Siggy, Llorente, Gomis, Montero and Barrow to name a few will give us the platform to build and cement our status for another 3 seasons.

Don't be afraid of change - be afraid of standing still.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy on 10:05 - May 19 with 1897 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 10:02 - May 19 by TheResurrection

Russia? Australia?

Seriously though mate, I think the time is right all round. He feels he can still do it at a "big club" and at 27 will see himself as in his prime.

His stock is never going to be higher than it is right now and that money will be crucial for us over the next few seasons.

I hear the concerns about re-investing the money and nobody can predict the future, but I'm hoping the Club is being run well and the signs from the outside is that it is.

This means growing the Club slowly but successfully.

The training and academy areas are finished, and look at the results. So no great capital injection needed there any more.

We've got the manager we need. Intelligent with real presence, tactically superior and with the right pedigree.

We've seen the type of players we've gone in for under him in January. Yes, we know he wouldn't have scouted them. but he signed off on them.

We are seeing signs of commercial improvement, Pearlman and Co. are knocking on the right doors with Swansea Council and recognising how important the Club is to the City and vice versa. We should see greater revenue from overseas, the States for one...

And the expansion of the stadium under this lot looks a distinct possibility rather than just a pipe dream.

So we'll need money to be competitive and not rely on just one or two big fish getting more and more spoiled and petulant. We can get back to basics and get young, hungry ball players with everything to prove wanting to play in the EPL for the right manager.

Siggy, Llorente, Gomis, Montero and Barrow to name a few will give us the platform to build and cement our status for another 3 seasons.

Don't be afraid of change - be afraid of standing still.

all of that 15m for sigurdsson will go really far..
Siggy on 10:09 - May 19 with 1867 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:05 - May 19 by andypitt56

all of that 15m for sigurdsson will go really far..

£18-£25m Siggy
£5m Llorente
£5m Gomis
£5m Montero
£5m Barrow

There could be upwards of £40m between that lot. It will also free up huge salaries.

It just makes perfect sense.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Siggy on 10:12 - May 19 with 1863 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 10:09 - May 19 by TheResurrection

£18-£25m Siggy
£5m Llorente
£5m Gomis
£5m Montero
£5m Barrow

There could be upwards of £40m between that lot. It will also free up huge salaries.

I will agree with selling Gomis, Montero and Barrow. But i cannot agree with selling sigurdsson and LLorente. The impact they have had this year, imagine what they can do under a full season with clement.
Siggy on 10:14 - May 19 with 1856 viewsSTID2017

£18-£25m Siggy
£5m Llorente
£5m Gomis
£5m Montero
£5m Barrow

Selling Siggy and Llorente makes sense in your world - in 99.9% of posters on here (and no doubt other Swans fans wherever they are)
It makes no sense to sell them
What colour is the sky in your world ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy on 10:16 - May 19 with 1853 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:14 - May 19 by STID2017

Selling Siggy and Llorente makes sense in your world - in 99.9% of posters on here (and no doubt other Swans fans wherever they are)
It makes no sense to sell them
What colour is the sky in your world ?

Black and white.

And if it doesn't make sense to slower folk like your good self, it will sink in one day, don't worry about it too much.

Siggy on 10:24 - May 19 with 1832 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 10:16 - May 19 by TheResurrection

Black and white.

And if it doesn't make sense to slower folk like your good self, it will sink in one day, don't worry about it too much.

As you say the sky is black and white in your world.
Makes perfect sense - those of us in the real world are looking at a blue sky with patchy cloud.
Never mind - one day you'll join us all in the real world
[Post edited 19 May 2017 10:25]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy on 10:44 - May 19 with 1806 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 10:16 - May 19 by TheResurrection

Black and white.

You have not even justified your argument with facts, all you have done is take the facts and twist them to suit your argument (Alternative facts). So basically you have taken the facts ignored them. I would say it is you who is slow. You're the Trump(not a compliment) of planet swans congratulations
Siggy on 11:19 - May 19 with 1779 viewsjojaca

He will be gone this summer, we will get maximum value for him now at 27 years old. His transfer value will decrease from 28 years old on.

Even when you know, you never know?

Siggy on 11:22 - May 19 with 1776 viewsSwansNZ

£18-£25m Siggy
£5m Llorente
£5m Gomis
£5m Montero
£5m Barrow

£5m for Barrow

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy on 12:04 - May 19 with 1731 viewsmonmouth

I'm cool with however this pans out, as long as it's Clement's call. He'll know what he wants and needs. We've hitched ourselves to him, got to let him manage. That means no conky business.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy on 12:25 - May 19 with 1696 viewsKGriz16

Siggy on 10:12 - May 19 by andypitt56

I will agree with selling Gomis, Montero and Barrow. But i cannot agree with selling sigurdsson and LLorente. The impact they have had this year, imagine what they can do under a full season with clement.

Gomis will not be sold, FACT. He'll be back up next year, he's of the same ilk as Llorente.
Siggy on 12:53 - May 19 with 1674 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 12:25 - May 19 by KGriz16

Gomis will not be sold, FACT. He'll be back up next year, he's of the same ilk as Llorente.

Gomis was not happy playing back up to Bony. Why would he play back up to LLorente.
Siggy on 19:28 - May 19 with 1552 viewsbluenile

Siggy on 10:23 - May 18 by TheResurrection

£40m are you for facking real???

We should snap Stoke's hand off for anything more than £15m.

[Post edited 18 May 2017 10:26]

Fair do's, you really are a dick..............................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Siggy on 19:29 - May 19 with 1551 viewsbluenile

Siggy on 11:17 - May 18 by Darran

Some of the comments here are what's going wrong with this Forum of late.
If people can't see what The Res is saying they should log off and have a think.

Are Iceland a better team than England?
We beat Everton two weeks ago are we a better team than them?

It's not difficult FFS.

We were on the day...........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024