Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory manifesto - discuss 07:38 - May 18 with 16328 viewsepaul

To end free school meals for infants, for some it's the only hot meal they get, dispicable scum

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:27 - May 18 with 999 viewsOnslow

I'd hoof that Laura Kuenssberg

She keeps passin' me by...

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:29 - May 18 with 995 viewsblueytheblue

To get back to the original post, free school meals aren't going.

They are being means tested.

Meaning help goes to those who genuinely need it.

Which I thought Labourites would applaud...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:32 - May 18 with 992 viewsrock1n

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:29 - May 18 by blueytheblue

To get back to the original post, free school meals aren't going.

They are being means tested.

Meaning help goes to those who genuinely need it.

Which I thought Labourites would applaud...

I didn't realise the tory manifesto was just to cut school meals.

The b@rstards.

I'm bored of arguing with the permanently offended, let them rage about tories for a month. Think I'm going to have a break for a while.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 18:33]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:02 - May 18 with 963 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm amazed that free school meals for any child was implemented in the first place. What a waste of money. Giving them to families on low income is great. But not everybody else. If you earn enough to not qualify under the means test formula and your child is not capable of receiving a 'hot meal' at home, social services should probably get involved.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:05 - May 18 with 958 viewsNeath_Jack

Has anyone mentioned people smoking, having large screen tv's or iphones yet? They must have done.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:06 - May 18 with 954 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:05 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

Has anyone mentioned people smoking, having large screen tv's or iphones yet? They must have done.

Give it time.

Poll: Tory leader

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:16 - May 18 with 931 viewsswanjackal

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:02 - May 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm amazed that free school meals for any child was implemented in the first place. What a waste of money. Giving them to families on low income is great. But not everybody else. If you earn enough to not qualify under the means test formula and your child is not capable of receiving a 'hot meal' at home, social services should probably get involved.

Also, kids in this country are a bit shite. . Light years behind other countries in skills. I mean some 10 year olds can make some cracking knocked off Nike clobber in Asia, ours can't even boil an egg. Shambles.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 19:21]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:18 - May 18 with 923 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:02 - May 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There's nurses currently using food banks so where do we draw the line?
Login to get fewer ads

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:20 - May 18 with 921 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:18 - May 18 by Jango

There's nurses currently using food banks so where do we draw the line?

Bluey in five, four, three...

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:23 - May 18 with 907 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:20 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

Bluey in five, four, three...

Bluey is doing more than anyone could possibly imagine to persuade me to vote for Corbyn, but that story about nurses and food banks actually turned out to be utter nonsense.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:23 - May 18 with 903 viewsNogginthenog

Reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, now that is not at all ambiguous, and as usual with Tories completely unachievable and unwanted at the same time. File manifesto under lying cheating bast**ds.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:25 - May 18 with 900 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:23 - May 18 by Nogginthenog

Reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, now that is not at all ambiguous, and as usual with Tories completely unachievable and unwanted at the same time. File manifesto under lying cheating bast**ds.

It's not ambiguous. It means less than 100,000.

It is both unachieveable and unwanted, however.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:26 - May 18 with 896 viewsrock1n

The whole free school food thing plays into a view of society and how you want it organised.

Those that believe families should be responsible, or those that believe the State should regulate lives.

No family worth their salt would let their kid go to school hungry, look at some of the heroines of the old days - when War was raging and there was a coupons. We're a decadent feckless society now.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:26 - May 18 with 893 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:23 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Bluey is doing more than anyone could possibly imagine to persuade me to vote for Corbyn, but that story about nurses and food banks actually turned out to be utter nonsense.

I did laugh at the first part of that. I've no uses about the second part. But if I was putting together a Bluey bingo card the words "nurses" and "food banks " works be two if the entries.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:31 - May 18 with 886 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:26 - May 18 by rock1n

The whole free school food thing plays into a view of society and how you want it organised.

Those that believe families should be responsible, or those that believe the State should regulate lives.

No family worth their salt would let their kid go to school hungry, look at some of the heroines of the old days - when War was raging and there was a coupons. We're a decadent feckless society now.

I don't think it's anywhere near as binary as your second sentence, which is overly simplistic and fatuous. The balance must be to provide the support where it's needed. Means testing is a blunt instrument that often doesn't achieve that. Sometimes it has the opposite effect.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:32 - May 18 with 879 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:26 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

I did laugh at the first part of that. I've no uses about the second part. But if I was putting together a Bluey bingo card the words "nurses" and "food banks " works be two if the entries.

Don't think I've ever mentioned "food banks" tbh.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:36 - May 18 with 866 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:26 - May 18 by rock1n

Firstly it's not the fault of any child if their family is feckless and irresponsible. Secondly, it has little if anything to do with income.

There are many families who would fall well into the camp of financially requiring assistance who wouldn't dream of letting their children be badly fed or hungry. Similarly there are many who have plenty of money who feed them utter crap because they're lazy wasters.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:42 - May 18 with 851 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Any good ones then ?

Nobody coming forward at the minute tonight.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:43 - May 18 with 848 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:36 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Firstly it's not the fault of any child if their family is feckless and irresponsible. Secondly, it has little if anything to do with income.

There are many families who would fall well into the camp of financially requiring assistance who wouldn't dream of letting their children be badly fed or hungry. Similarly there are many who have plenty of money who feed them utter crap because they're lazy wasters.

Agree on both points, Lisa.

At the end of the day, when resources are finite then they have to be applied where they help the best. In the case where poverty is the root cause, then free meals are required. In the case where parents can pay for school meals / provide a lunch but are just too lazy, then they need to be educated, preferrably with a baseball bat.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:50 - May 18 with 828 viewsdailew

Means testing is bad.

Over complicates and costs to implement.

Hits people on the divide disproportionately.

Discourages people to be responsible and save.

Rich people pay more in tax anyway so let them have it as well.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:51 - May 18 with 827 viewsperchrockjack

How did they manage before food banks

Just after the war things were tight on a scale kids now couldn't contemplate and no mobiles, tv , games

Poor people weren't fat either

Possibly as they had parents who wanted them in the first place and not to help get them a house .

Could have been people knew how to cook a meal using wholesome ,cheap ingredients ,without being covered in salt and sugar

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:59 - May 18 with 813 viewspikeypaul

I think she will lose a lot of the all important grey vote after today.

Not defining the conditions of the means testing to recieve the Winter
fuel payments will make a lot of pensioners nervous,especially the ones
who use it to help pay for Christmas which sadly there are a lot of.

The Land registry are also going to be very busy in the next couple of years
with the value of the house in excess of £100k going to pay for care.The
forward thinking and savvy will take precautions to ensure they do not fall
into this category.The people who will suffer are the unprepared who have
not planned,a bit like tax avoidance and tax evasion there is always a way around things totally legally.Conveyancing solicitors will be celebrating tonight.

Regarding the removing of the "at least 2.5% " part of the triple lock on state pension that'
will be irrelevant if as forecast inflation is above 2.5% which the "double lock" takes in to account.

I am not affected by any of the above and my household will still vote Conservative (Labour 2015)
on June 8th but a lot around the country will have changed today.The polls on the weekend will be interesting.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:22]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:18 - May 18 with 781 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:59 - May 18 by pikeypaul

I think she will lose a lot of the all important grey vote after today.

Not defining the conditions of the means testing to recieve the Winter
fuel payments will make a lot of pensioners nervous,especially the ones
who use it to help pay for Christmas which sadly there are a lot of.

The Land registry are also going to be very busy in the next couple of years
with the value of the house in excess of £100k going to pay for care.The
forward thinking and savvy will take precautions to ensure they do not fall
into this category.The people who will suffer are the unprepared who have
not planned,a bit like tax avoidance and tax evasion there is always a way around things totally legally.Conveyancing solicitors will be celebrating tonight.

Regarding the removing of the "at least 2.5% " part of the triple lock on state pension that'
will be irrelevant if as forecast inflation is above 2.5% which the "double lock" takes in to account.

I am not affected by any of the above and my household will still vote Conservative (Labour 2015)
on June 8th but a lot around the country will have changed today.The polls on the weekend will be interesting.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:22]

I think Theresa and her party have done a terrible job so far. If the opposition were credible she would be in a lot of trouble. So many comments and policies that alienate so many.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:21 - May 18 with 773 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Some good points

Spend spend spend

If you've got it spend it , because they'll have it when your p!ssing your pants or can't remember where you are .

These people are in charge of the country

They are inept
They are clueless

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:22 - May 18 with 771 viewsrock1n

Bottom line is pensioners who voted for brexit will lose their triple lock.

Deficit because of brexit will not be cleared until 2025

etc etc

To me the manifesto is thoroughly average, nothing to move mountains. Just ploddy.

The next 5 yrs will be consumed by self harm.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024