Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins the Hero 11:49 - May 18 with 2852 viewsCARDAN

After being at the awards dinner it was sickening to witness the admiration for Jenkins.It makes me
wonder whether there is a hidden agenda or if the likes of Paul Clement really understood the nature of the betrayal. Is Jenkins above being accountable?
Time will tell.

Jenkins the Hero on 07:37 - May 19 with 310 viewsMattG

"Business is business"?

They made their names off the back of being fans, not businessmen, until it suited them when they morphed into the worst kind of back-stabbing, money-grabbing "businessmen", the kind that would sell their own granny for an extra fiver.

When it comes to our Club, business is NOT just business.
[Post edited 19 May 7:39]
Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 with 295 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 13:06 - May 18 by monmouth

Indeed.

Why should he care anyway? He's not from Swansea or a fan. Three quarters of the people in the Liberty don't care as long as we get to play Man U, Liverpool and the rest, so why should a transient manager or transient players that would be gone in a heartbeat for a better job care (like any of us wage slaves, really). It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.

So how many of our managers have been from Swansea or a fan?

You seem to be harking back to some mythical age that never existed.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jenkins the Hero on 08:12 - May 19 with 264 viewslonglostjack

Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 by dailew

Harry Griffiths was no myth.

Join the Trust
Poll: Which is the most boring programme on TV

Jenkins the Hero on 09:42 - May 19 with 221 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 08:12 - May 19 by longlostjack

Harry Griffiths was no myth.

Wow - as recently as that !

I stand corrected.

Hardly had any managers since then, either.

Jenkins the Hero on 09:47 - May 19 with 215 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 by dailew

No, I'm saying that people who expect him to care are being daft. I'm not harking back to anything.
Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 with 192 viewsLeonWasGod

Jenkins the Hero on 07:37 - May 19 by MattG

"Business is business"?

They made their names off the back of being fans, not businessmen, until it suited them when they morphed into the worst kind of back-stabbing, money-grabbing "businessmen", the kind that would sell their own granny for an extra fiver.

When it comes to our Club, business is NOT just business.
[Post edited 19 May 7:39]

Even if there's an element of cold-hearted 'business is business', they're still supposed to operate within the law .But isn't there still a question mark over whether they did? Or have the Trust run up a blind alley on that line of enquiry?
Jenkins the Hero on 10:33 - May 19 with 183 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 09:47 - May 19 by monmouth

No, I'm saying that people who expect him to care are being daft. I'm not harking back to anything.

Sorry. Fair enough.

I just don't see how the club ownership is much different from how it's ever been.

Always privately owned. Never owned by the fans.

Myself, I'd rather we were still at the Vetch and have felt a growing disconnect since we left which was accelerated by the sell out.

But the same people who are showing an ever increasing sense of entitlement re Pl status etc are the same ones moaning about the inevitable consequences of success.

Some of the hy perbole on here is beyond a joke. Even saw some post saying Jinks was worse than Petty. We're far from being a Blackpool or Blackburn, yet.

Jenkins the Hero on 10:58 - May 19 with 161 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

Even if there's an element of cold-hearted 'business is business', they're still supposed to operate within the law .But isn't there still a question mark over whether they did? Or have the Trust run up a blind alley on that line of enquiry?

The non notice of the changes to the AoA is a breach of company law.

The issue around the SHA I'm sure will come to fruition soon enough

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: Should Perchie be awarded a lifetime award
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins the Hero on 11:10 - May 19 with 143 viewsMattG

Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

As posted in another thread, QC opinion is imminent so we should know where we stand on that aspect of things pretty soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2017 hosted by FastHosts