Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins the Hero 11:49 - May 18 with 12564 viewsCARDAN

After being at the awards dinner it was sickening to witness the admiration for Jenkins.It makes me
wonder whether there is a hidden agenda or if the likes of Paul Clement really understood the nature of the betrayal. Is Jenkins above being accountable?
Time will tell.
Jenkins the Hero on 07:37 - May 19 with 1332 viewsMattG

"Business is business"?

They made their names off the back of being fans, not businessmen, until it suited them when they morphed into the worst kind of back-stabbing, money-grabbing "businessmen", the kind that would sell their own granny for an extra fiver.

When it comes to our Club, business is NOT just business.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 7:39]
Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 with 1317 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 13:06 - May 18 by monmouth

Indeed.

Why should he care anyway? He's not from Swansea or a fan. Three quarters of the people in the Liberty don't care as long as we get to play Man U, Liverpool and the rest, so why should a transient manager or transient players that would be gone in a heartbeat for a better job care (like any of us wage slaves, really). It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.

So how many of our managers have been from Swansea or a fan?

You seem to be harking back to some mythical age that never existed.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jenkins the Hero on 08:12 - May 19 with 1286 viewslonglostjack

Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 by dailew

Harry Griffiths was no myth.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jenkins the Hero on 09:42 - May 19 with 1243 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 08:12 - May 19 by longlostjack

Harry Griffiths was no myth.

Wow - as recently as that !

I stand corrected.

Hardly had any managers since then, either.

Jenkins the Hero on 09:47 - May 19 with 1237 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins the Hero on 07:45 - May 19 by dailew

No, I'm saying that people who expect him to care are being daft. I'm not harking back to anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 with 1214 viewsLeonWasGod

Jenkins the Hero on 07:37 - May 19 by MattG

"Business is business"?

They made their names off the back of being fans, not businessmen, until it suited them when they morphed into the worst kind of back-stabbing, money-grabbing "businessmen", the kind that would sell their own granny for an extra fiver.

Even if there's an element of cold-hearted 'business is business', they're still supposed to operate within the law .But isn't there still a question mark over whether they did? Or have the Trust run up a blind alley on that line of enquiry?
Jenkins the Hero on 10:33 - May 19 with 1205 viewsdailew

Jenkins the Hero on 09:47 - May 19 by monmouth

No, I'm saying that people who expect him to care are being daft. I'm not harking back to anything.

Sorry. Fair enough.

I just don't see how the club ownership is much different from how it's ever been.

Always privately owned. Never owned by the fans.

Myself, I'd rather we were still at the Vetch and have felt a growing disconnect since we left which was accelerated by the sell out.

But the same people who are showing an ever increasing sense of entitlement re Pl status etc are the same ones moaning about the inevitable consequences of success.

Some of the hy perbole on here is beyond a joke. Even saw some post saying Jinks was worse than Petty. We're far from being a Blackpool or Blackburn, yet.

Jenkins the Hero on 10:58 - May 19 with 1183 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

Even if there's an element of cold-hearted 'business is business', they're still supposed to operate within the law .But isn't there still a question mark over whether they did? Or have the Trust run up a blind alley on that line of enquiry?

The non notice of the changes to the AoA is a breach of company law.

The issue around the SHA I'm sure will come to fruition soon enough

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins the Hero on 11:10 - May 19 with 1165 viewsMattG

Jenkins the Hero on 10:22 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

As posted in another thread, QC opinion is imminent so we should know where we stand on that aspect of things pretty soon.
Jenkins the Hero on 19:03 - May 28 with 1003 viewsxmastree

Jenkins the Hero on 07:37 - May 19 by MattG

"Business is business"?

I have only just realised that you are a trust board member. A board that looks after 21% of a premier league football club. That is a real big deal and a priveledge. I doubt there is another shareholder in the premier league with 20 odd % that goes on fans forums and slates other shareholders. You need to act with a little more professionalism matt.
Jenkins the Hero on 19:09 - May 28 with 995 viewsValerie

The truth hurts it seems.

21% owned by the real fans that is now virtually worthless due to the actions of the greedy sellout scum.

[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:13]
Jenkins the Hero on 19:13 - May 28 with 980 viewsMattG

Jenkins the Hero on 19:03 - May 28 by xmastree

I have only just realised that you are a trust board member. A board that looks after 21% of a premier league football club. That is a real big deal and a priveledge. I doubt there is another shareholder in the premier league with 20 odd % that goes on fans forums and slates other shareholders. You need to act with a little more professionalism matt.

Funny.
Jenkins the Hero on 19:14 - May 28 with 975 viewsWatchman

the irony is delicious

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Jenkins the Hero on 19:17 - May 28 with 970 viewsswancity

And if the Trust had been treated with the due respect merited by a 21% shareholder then there would be no need for such remarks. As it is they were shat on from a great height. Professionalism? Do me a favour. Was the devious, sly actions of the previous owners when selling the club conducted professionally then?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jenkins the Hero on 19:20 - May 28 with 962 viewsKilkennyjack

You seem rather keen to closedown any debate. Why is that ?

Full disclosure, openness, and transparency are important and admirable traits in any modern business. Dont you agree ?

Beware of the Risen People

Jenkins the Hero on 19:25 - May 28 with 947 viewsmorningstar

Jesus Christ! You've reignited this thread after 9 days to post that? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jenkins the Hero on 19:25 - May 28 with 937 viewsmonmouth

Fair play, that gave me a good old laugh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins the Hero on 19:36 - May 28 with 909 viewsDarran

So if they own over 21% of shares why did Leigh Dineen and Huw Jenkins tell the Americans to keep the talks secret from them as stated by the Americans at the Fans Forum?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins the Hero on 19:39 - May 28 with 900 viewsswancity

Jenkins the Hero on 19:36 - May 28 by Darran

So if they own over 21% of shares why did Leigh Dineen and Huw Jenkins tell the Americans to keep the talks secret from them as stated by the Americans at the Fans Forum?

Who is Xmastree scruff

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jenkins the Hero on 19:44 - May 28 with 891 viewsDarran

Jenkins the Hero on 19:39 - May 28 by swancity

Who is Xmastree scruff

Don't know Baldy.

Jenkins the Hero on 20:08 - May 28 with 834 viewsNeath_Jack

Aye, i've lost track now as well, xmastree one of the dineens?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jenkins the Hero on 20:15 - May 28 with 814 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ooooh Jenkins is our hero
He should be in the dock
He sits in front of Leigh Dineen
Who is a massive c0ck

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jenkins the Hero on 20:22 - May 28 with 794 viewsxmastree

Jenkins the Hero on 20:08 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

Aye, i've lost track now as well, xmastree one of the dineens?

No. Scroll back sunshine.
I do applaud this forum. If you don't tow the party line then you either have an agenda ( funny in its self as most on here do ) or you are a family member of someone that isn't liked.
Just, for once, accept a different view point. The trust owns 21% of a premier league club. Just act as if we do so and not as a group of people not really knowing what the hell they are doing. The mattgs of the world are not doing us, the supporters,any favours posting on forums against other shareholders. Devalues what we are sorry.
Jenkins the Hero on 20:23 - May 28 with 788 viewsDarran

Jenkins the Hero on 20:22 - May 28 by xmastree

I do applaud this forum. If you don't tow the party line then you either have an agenda ( funny in its self as most on here do ) or you are a family member of someone that isn't liked.
Just, for once, accept a different view point. The trust owns 21% of a premier league club. Just act as if we do so and not as a group of people not really knowing what the hell they are doing. The mattgs of the world are not doing us, the supporters,any favours posting on forums against other shareholders. Devalues what we are sorry.

Reply to my previous post what do you say about that?

Jenkins the Hero on 20:32 - May 28 with 765 viewsKilkennyjack

Jenkins the Hero on 20:22 - May 28 by xmastree

Hang on - The only criticism of our Trust is that they have been too ... well ...trusting.
Long term business partners, etc.

Given the selling the club events ....then most of us might prefer a more assertive and challenging Trust approach going forwards. Just saying.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024