Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 around Swansea 12:44 - May 18 with 1105 viewsPrivate_Partz

I see our esteemed transport adviser to WAG is spouting off in SWEP again.
Stuart Cole, whilst supporting and advising on a billion pound motorway around Cardiff, does not see the same need for us to have a 6 lane motorway. His answer? More buses because our congestion is due to local traffic. The exact same problem that causes rush hour delays at Brynglas. No surprise that the now Cardiff run paper''s editorial agrees with this.
This guy is a sham and has money for old rope. He should get off is ass and advise on a transport policy for the whole of Wales for that is what he is paid to do in his advisory role.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

M4 around Swansea on 12:55 - May 18 with 1082 viewsblueytheblue

Agreed, when I was driving to Swansea daily, it was horrendous...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

M4 around Swansea on 13:50 - May 18 with 1037 viewsYossarian

It just goes to show you that a University education doesn't guarantee common sense but it does make you a cloistered individual, completely out of touch with the realities of the times. This sort of 'expert' comes up with the idea of blowing millions of pounds of taxpayers money on a race track near Ebbw Vale. Heaven help us.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

M4 around Swansea on 14:08 - May 18 with 1022 viewsblueytheblue

If correctly managed, a race track could be a good idea. Like Celtic Manor raised profile of Wales in golf.

Wouldn't get say an F1 race for many a year but there are enough other formulas, bike races etc. Hell, Formula E if they were looking to expand from the predominantly street circuit formula.

Have music festivals there a la Donington...

So the race track wasn't a stupid idea. Wouldn't say it was a priority though.

M4 around Swansea on 14:26 - May 18 with 1008 viewswaynekerr55

PP this is a great OP, but if Turkey's keep voting for Christmas...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

M4 around Swansea on 14:46 - May 18 with 991 viewsMrSwerve

M4 around Swansea on 13:50 - May 18 by Yossarian

It just goes to show you that a University education doesn't guarantee common sense but it does make you a cloistered individual, completely out of touch with the realities of the times. This sort of 'expert' comes up with the idea of blowing millions of pounds of taxpayers money on a race track near Ebbw Vale. Heaven help us.

You are Skippy and I claim my £5.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

M4 around Swansea on 14:51 - May 18 with 981 viewsSPboy

The guy has never had to travel to or from Swansea in peak times, that is obvious. He isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him and upset the cosy apple cart up the road.

More buses ffs - is thus some kind of 1960s transport strategy ? Metro system anyone?
M4 around Swansea on 14:52 - May 18 with 976 viewswaynekerr55

M4 around Swansea on 14:51 - May 18 by SPboy

The guy has never had to travel to or from Swansea in peak times, that is obvious. He isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him and upset the cosy apple cart up the road.

More buses ffs - is thus some kind of 1960s transport strategy ? Metro system anyone?

Exactly. The f*cktards love to implement things that have been phased out in London. Bendy buses being example 1, now promotion of buses such as the doomed bus lane project on the M4...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

M4 around Swansea on 15:35 - May 18 with 936 viewsDafyddHuw

M4 around Swansea on 12:55 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Agreed, when I was driving to Swansea daily, it was horrendous...

Yeah, it was horrendous driving daily to Cardiff.

Roads were all right like, just the thought of spending 8 hrs surrounded by scummers with that stupid nasal accent.
Login to get fewer ads

M4 around Swansea on 18:02 - May 18 with 854 viewsNeath_Jack

I drove into Cardiff today, first time i've done it for a long time at rush hour.

F*ck me it's bad, much worse than around Swansea for sure. I'd hate to have to do that run everyday.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

M4 around Swansea on 18:04 - May 18 with 850 viewsblueytheblue

M4 around Swansea on 18:02 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

I drove into Cardiff today, first time i've done it for a long time at rush hour.

F*ck me it's bad, much worse than around Swansea for sure. I'd hate to have to do that run everyday.

Oh yeah, they adopted the bus lanes, adopted 20 mph roads... it's just not worked, people don't want to use the buses.

Getting across Cardiff is a nightmare at times.

New council leader is into sustainable transport, keen cyclist so sadly I can only see things getting worse not better.

EDIT: With the planned new houses in Cardiff North as part of the LDP, it'll be chaos unless they get a clue about transport links... instead we'll probably get great ideas like bicycle lanes, metro, new train stations...
[Post edited 18 May 2017 18:06]

M4 around Swansea on 18:47 - May 18 with 811 viewsrock1n

Who cares, we'll all vote labour like little sheep at next assembly election

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

M4 around Swansea on 19:29 - May 18 with 779 viewsNeathJack

M4 around Swansea on 18:02 - May 18 by Neath_Jack

Attract all the jobs to Cardiff. Find Infrastructure needs improving. Spend millions improving infrastructure in Cardiff which attracts more jobs to Cardiff.

Rinse & repeat.

Meanwhile in the rest of Wales..........
M4 around Swansea on 21:05 - May 18 with 698 viewswestside

Professor Cole says the same stuff over and over again saying that Cardiff should have fortunes spent on transport there while Swansea should get a few scraps for bus lanes and cycle paths.

Aren't there any other transport exprts in Wales other than Cole ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024