Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer's transfer strategy 14:42 - May 18 with 4103 viewsGlyn1

See Paul Clement's comments:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-says-no-s

Therefore it appears that, although it may not work, they are attempting to:

(1) Keep Gylfi and Llorente

(2) Bring back Bartley and Gomis to see if they can work with the squad and can step up to the Premier League with better training and tactics

(3) Work with the youngsters (including Mawson) and bring more of them into the team - Clement is experienced at coaching younger players

(4) Make no more than 2 or 3 big signings, if that.

All of which means that the owners wouldn't have to splash out a big amount of cash.

Speaking personally, I'd be OK with this. We do have a capable squad of players that have been mismanaged terribly but may still finish only 1 point below last season. If this means that we're aiming to be a safe mid-table team that could put together a decent run in one of the Cups, then that sounds OK to me.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

This summer's transfer strategy on 14:43 - May 18 with 3381 viewsandypitt56

As long as they sign 3 first team players, and not 3 squad players then Yes i will be okay with that.
This summer's transfer strategy on 15:10 - May 18 with 3315 views34dfgdf54

This summer's transfer strategy on 14:43 - May 18 by andypitt56

As long as they sign 3 first team players, and not 3 squad players then Yes i will be okay with that.

I'd settle with that, quality over quantity and all that jazz, but in a perfect world, to keep us above water I think we need four which can come straight in and improve the starting XI. Easier said than done I know.
This summer's transfer strategy on 15:17 - May 18 with 3272 viewsAustinIsOurHero

One thing I'm expecting from any summer activity is that proper due diligence is carried out on any potential signings.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:23 - May 18 with 3243 viewsDafyddHuw

Only trouble is, the Stokes & WBAs of this division will be spending money, just to stay still.

We need a Pulis to do our negotiating for us with the Yanks. Bought Chadli last season and look how well they did.
This summer's transfer strategy on 15:24 - May 18 with 3243 viewsshandyjack

i'd be happy shifting the 5/6 deadwood that we have on our books plus 2/3 from main squad to free up funds for 3/4 first team regulars.

Daedwood: -
Emnes
Fat Frank Tab
Monterro
Barrow
Grimes
Brighitti

Squad Players: -
One of Ki/Cork/Fulton
Amat/VDH/Bartley
Baston/Gomis

Poll: Expectation for the season

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:42 - May 18 with 3191 viewsTom1912

This probably won't be too popular but I'd be happy enough going into next season with 0 signings if we kept Sigurdsson and Llorente.
This summer's transfer strategy on 15:51 - May 18 with 3153 viewsE20Jack

This summer's transfer strategy on 14:43 - May 18 by andypitt56

That is key for me.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:53 - May 18 with 3146 viewsjack247

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:42 - May 18 by Tom1912

This probably won't be too popular but I'd be happy enough going into next season with 0 signings if we kept Sigurdsson and Llorente.

Our squad depth is way too thin. Quantity is there but not quality. An injury to Llorente, Leon, Siggy, Ayew, even Naughton with no cover, could well have relegated us.

I'd be happy with a smaller squad, but all of them being capable of coming in without seriously weakening the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

This summer's transfer strategy on 16:20 - May 18 with 3048 viewsmagicdaps10

Clear out the crap and a good RB, CM and WINGER then that is a good start.
There will be players who will leave that we hope or dont expect to leave.
I myself would have a good cull of the deadwood and bring in about 5.

Think we have a nucleas in FAB, MAWSON,FEDE,OLSSON, CARROLL,SIGGY,LLORENTE. Work around that with some good signings and I think we could be in good shape.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This summer's transfer strategy on 16:21 - May 18 with 3034 viewsjasper_T

After two seasons of pushing our luck the squad needs major renovations.

This league doesn't stand still.
This summer's transfer strategy on 17:28 - May 18 with 2882 viewsTheResurrection

Listen to what he actually says....

"I hope they stay...."

He "HOPES" - Wow. Don't be too enthusiastic when saying that Clem, old boy.

Not I will do everything in my power to make sure they stay, or I am going to demand they stay because they are VITAL for us..... No.....

He just hopes.

They are already gone and we can look forward to a season of more zip next one up.

Can't wait!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

This summer's transfer strategy on 17:34 - May 18 with 2860 viewsAnotherJohn

If Gomis and Bartley could be put on the right track then that would take care of two problem positions, but for me there is still a need for at least one winger, a RB, a Leon replacement or alternate, and possibly a creative midfielder. I'd clear out the reserve central defenders, most of the wingers, and the bit players who never got near the first team. Borja would also probably need to go.
This summer's transfer strategy on 17:43 - May 18 with 2835 viewsAl_Bundy

We don't have a capable squad at all .. !!

We have a small core carrying quite a few ..
This summer's transfer strategy on 17:52 - May 18 with 2794 viewspencoedjack

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:23 - May 18 by DafyddHuw

Only trouble is, the Stokes & WBAs of this division will be spending money, just to stay still.

We need a Pulis to do our negotiating for us with the Yanks. Bought Chadli last season and look how well they did.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/614398/Transfe

Maybe not
This summer's transfer strategy on 17:59 - May 18 with 2771 viewsQuincy999

I'd be happy with one very good holding midfielder and for us to get shot of gomis, montero, vdh, barrow.
Its also clear we are not going to use wingers anymore other than for 20 minutes at the end so sell them.
This summer's transfer strategy on 18:21 - May 18 with 2736 viewsjojaca

This summer's transfer strategy on 17:52 - May 18 by pencoedjack

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/614398/Transfe

Maybe not

The only clubs that can blow their brains out every year is the top 6 clubs.

Even when you know, you never know?

This summer's transfer strategy on 18:25 - May 18 with 2723 viewsdobjack2

This summer's transfer strategy on 17:28 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Listen to what he actually says....

"I hope they stay...."

He "HOPES" - Wow. Don't be too enthusiastic when saying that Clem, old boy.

Not I will do everything in my power to make sure they stay, or I am going to demand they stay because they are VITAL for us..... No.....

He just hopes.

They are already gone and we can look forward to a season of more zip next one up.

Can't wait!!

If gylfi and llorente go I'll zip up about their replacements until I see them play.
This summer's transfer strategy on 18:29 - May 18 with 2695 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This summer's transfer strategy on 17:59 - May 18 by Quincy999

I'd be happy with one very good holding midfielder and for us to get shot of gomis, montero, vdh, barrow.
Its also clear we are not going to use wingers anymore other than for 20 minutes at the end so sell them.

If we sell them who will we play for 20 minutes at the end?
This summer's transfer strategy on 18:36 - May 18 with 2652 viewsDr_Winston

This summer's transfer strategy on 17:52 - May 18 by pencoedjack

Maybe not

Spiralling wage bills are likely to put a cramp in the spending of a lot of clubs as time goes on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This summer's transfer strategy on 18:55 - May 18 with 2601 viewsGTCJack

Definitely needs more strengthening. Wouldn't say 5 is too much. Think we are all forgetting that many believed this squad would struggle to push in the Championship, but because of a run of 4 games, is now capable of maintaining a mid table finish in Prem. It needs some solid investment this summer.

A winger, to replace Montero, Barrow and Emnes
Solid defensive midfielder
Versatile full back
Striker, to replace Borja/Gomis who will presumably leave
Centre half?

That's realistically without Gylfi or Llorente leaving. Let's not take chances this time. And if we are clever, we need not spend ridiculous money.
This summer's transfer strategy on 18:57 - May 18 with 2583 viewsDr_Winston

This summer's transfer strategy on 18:55 - May 18 by GTCJack

Definitely needs more strengthening. Wouldn't say 5 is too much. Think we are all forgetting that many believed this squad would struggle to push in the Championship, but because of a run of 4 games, is now capable of maintaining a mid table finish in Prem. It needs some solid investment this summer.

Versatile full back
Centre half?

That's realistically without Gylfi or Llorente leaving. Let's not take chances this time. And if we are clever, we need not spend ridiculous money.

"Think we are all forgetting that many believed this squad would struggle to push in the Championship"

Many people believing that a squad capable of pulling in nearly 30 points in half a Premier League season under good management would struggle in the Championship says more about them than it does about the squad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This summer's transfer strategy on 19:11 - May 18 with 2541 viewsQuincy999

This summer's transfer strategy on 18:29 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

If we sell them who will we play for 20 minutes at the end?

Good point, lets keep Narsingh then.
This summer's transfer strategy on 19:16 - May 18 with 2523 viewsJackanapes

This summer's transfer strategy on 18:55 - May 18 by GTCJack

Versatile full back
Centre half?

26 points in 18 games under Clement. Not 4 games at all. Pssh.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

This summer's transfer strategy on 19:30 - May 18 with 2482 viewsGTCJack

This summer's transfer strategy on 19:16 - May 18 by Jackanapes

26 points in 18 games under Clement. Not 4 games at all. Pssh.

I'm seriously not disputing that stat nor to say how well Clement and the squad did. But I'm not sure why improving the squad, as long ss the investments were right, is a bad thing? I would be surprised if less than four or five came in.
This summer's transfer strategy on 20:38 - May 18 with 2358 viewsjasfan

This summer's transfer strategy on 15:53 - May 18 by jack247

Our squad depth is way too thin. Quantity is there but not quality. An injury to Llorente, Leon, Siggy, Ayew, even Naughton with no cover, could well have relegated us.

I'd be happy with a smaller squad, but all of them being capable of coming in without seriously weakening the first team.

The squad this year was weak and it took the January window to address some of its shortcomings. I agree that it is mainly an issue of quality.

In the 2014/15 season we achieved our highest Premier League position whilst coping with the rigours and disruptions of a relatively successful Europa League campaign.

How would the current squad have coped with that?

I think it just illustrates the decline in the quality of the squad since then.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024