Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the Trust 15:45 - May 18 with 18330 viewsDafyddHuw

Any chance of any info from you at all about anything, anytime soon?

I won't be able to make any comments next year apparently. When I have this season, people ask if I'm a member.
Well I won't be after this summer. I'm not throwing good money after bad again. Does that mean I have to keep shtumm?

To the Trust on 19:02 - May 24 with 2367 viewsDarran

To the Trust on 18:59 - May 24 by Meraki

I can't get into my old account - it comes up with an internal server error every time I try to log in so I signed up for a new one, hope thats OK?

Absolutely fine by me carry on making things up and moaning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the Trust on 19:03 - May 24 with 2366 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 19:02 - May 24 by Darran

Absolutely fine by me carry on making things up and moaning.

Phew!
To the Trust on 19:58 - May 24 with 2296 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 17:59 - May 24 by swancity

Who was at that meeting please and what was discussed? What's the likely outcome in your view and what are your objectives and hopes? Everything seems mysteriously guarded and secretive which is strange as everything needs to come out sooner rather than later. Doesn't it?

And honestly did you take a teenager into that meeting with you ?

This can't be a serious post.

Can it?
To the Trust on 20:02 - May 24 with 2286 viewsQJumpingJack

Thank you to Phil for updating this evening, and for all his work which he does for the Trust on behalf of the fans.
To the Trust on 12:22 - May 25 with 2055 viewsShaky

Just a couple of points on this.

1. Didn't the Trust make an ultimatum to the new owners last year detailing the deal breaker issues on decision making influence? And then restate that at subsequent meetings?

An ultimatum is an ultimatum. You are weakening your negotiating position and credibility if you countinue dithering. You have stated your position and they have had what 8 months to consider that. Get on with it.

2. I don't see any need for a delay in notifying the public about recent developments given the Trust has already determined that this is a matter for the membership to decide. Trust board members have one vote in that respect, same as everyubody else. Get on with it.

3. Get on with it.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

To the Trust on 12:48 - May 25 with 2010 viewsQJumpingJack

In terms of communication with the Americans - how will this continue over the coming weeks.
Are they remaining in Swansea/UK for the foreseeable future?
Was the Chairman aware of the meeting on Sunday pre-Trust statement?
To the Trust on 09:02 - May 26 with 1854 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 19:58 - May 24 by MattG

This can't be a serious post.

Can it?

Is that all you can say on the subject? I dare you. Go on say something of fooking consequence.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

To the Trust on 14:05 - May 26 with 1759 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 09:02 - May 26 by swancity

Is that all you can say on the subject? I dare you. Go on say something of fooking consequence.

You were suggesting that the Trust should provide a detailed report on the meeting with JL/SK. A meeting that only took place last Sunday and hasn't even been formally discussed by the Trust Board yet.

If you seriously believe that the best way to deal with things like this is to let everything play out in public then I'm not sure where to go next.
Login to get fewer ads

To the Trust on 14:24 - May 26 with 1747 viewsVetchfielder

To the Trust on 14:05 - May 26 by MattG

You were suggesting that the Trust should provide a detailed report on the meeting with JL/SK. A meeting that only took place last Sunday and hasn't even been formally discussed by the Trust Board yet.

If you seriously believe that the best way to deal with things like this is to let everything play out in public then I'm not sure where to go next.

That's fair enough Matt but could you tell us when it will be formally discussed by Trust Board ?

Proud to have been one of the 231

To the Trust on 14:41 - May 26 with 1732 viewsTheResurrection

Phil S

Did you take your kids to this meeting?

Answer please.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

To the Trust on 14:46 - May 26 with 1724 viewsDarran

To the Trust on 14:41 - May 26 by TheResurrection

Phil S

Answer please.

Do you care then? I thought you didn't care?
You need to make your mind up if you care. Last week you said you didn't care.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the Trust on 15:59 - May 26 with 1652 viewsPhil_S

To the Trust on 14:41 - May 26 by TheResurrection

Phil S

Answer please.

Um. No.
To the Trust on 16:02 - May 26 with 1646 viewsmonmouth

Leaving all the incidental crud aside Phil, do we have a clear timetable for events now?

Yes or no will do, I'm not dull and expecting you to publish it (although a comminication timetable might be handy to quell the pitchforks).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To the Trust on 17:53 - May 26 with 1595 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 14:05 - May 26 by MattG

'Detailed' report ? No I didn't. Go back and read my post again.

And then have the decency to respond properly.

I can smell a rat. And something isn't right.

To the Trust on 20:52 - May 26 with 1536 viewsPhil_S

To the Trust on 16:02 - May 26 by monmouth

Leaving all the incidental crud aside Phil, do we have a clear timetable for events now?

Yes or no will do, I'm not dull and expecting you to publish it (although a comminication timetable might be handy to quell the pitchforks).

Do we have an order for events? Yes, a very clear one.

Do we have timescales on every aspect of those? Unfortunately not, only the ones we can control directly
To the Trust on 12:19 - May 27 with 1395 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 17:53 - May 26 by swancity

'Detailed' report ? No I didn't. Go back and read my post again.

And then have the decency to respond properly.

I can smell a rat. And something isn't right.

You asked who was there and what was discussed, what the outcomes are and what is hoped to be achieved - that seems pretty detailed to me but maybe our interpretation of that word differ.

Put simply, my view is that conducting those sorts of discussions in a public forum at this stage could be hugely counter-productive.
To the Trust on 13:10 - May 27 with 1361 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 12:19 - May 27 by MattG

You asked who was there and what was discussed, what the outcomes are and what is hoped to be achieved - that seems pretty detailed to me but maybe our interpretation of that word differ.

Put simply, my view is that conducting those sorts of discussions in a public forum at this stage could be hugely counter-productive.

You have Members. They have a right to know what's going on. May be not a legal right though.

There's next to no communication. I'm not a member any longer but if this could be handled well I want to be once more.

All people are asking for are updates. So they have a clear understanding of what is happening and what the actual clear objectives are. Instead everything is a mystery. And that usually indicates that there's something amiss. Or lots.

To the Trust on 18:08 - May 27 with 1305 viewsStarsky

There maybe nothing to announce yet but no one is communicating unless pushed by posters on here.
Members of the trust keep saying communication could be better... well then?

It's just the internet, init.

To the Trust on 18:39 - May 27 with 1288 viewsmonmouth

To the Trust on 18:08 - May 27 by Starsky

There maybe nothing to announce yet but no one is communicating unless pushed by posters on here.

That's what I was getting at in terms of actually publishing a communication plan. Then updates can be controlled through proper channels and everyone knows what to expect. There can always be extra ones if something actually happens.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To the Trust on 18:40 - May 27 with 1287 viewsNeath_Jack

When are the Trust board going to meet, to discuss last weeks meeting?

Nothing confidential about that i wouldn't have thought?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

To the Trust on 20:33 - May 27 with 1229 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 18:08 - May 27 by Starsky

I certainly don't disagree with this in principle - the problem (as this thread demonstrates) is that expectations as to what constitutes a reasonable level of communication differs significantly from person to person.

Then there's the question of how far the authority of the Trust Board extends - the further that goes then arguably the less communication is needed. The difference in expectation mentioned above suggests that not everyone sees this authority the same way either.

I am one of the newest members of the Trust Board but I can honestly say, hand on heart, that every decision since I've been involved - including what to say and when to say it - has been taken based on the best interest of the Club.
To the Trust on 01:53 - May 28 with 1143 viewsStarsky

To the Trust on 20:33 - May 27 by MattG

I certainly don't disagree with this in principle - the problem (as this thread demonstrates) is that expectations as to what constitutes a reasonable level of communication differs significantly from person to person.

Then there's the question of how far the authority of the Trust Board extends - the further that goes then arguably the less communication is needed. The difference in expectation mentioned above suggests that not everyone sees this authority the same way either.

I am one of the newest members of the Trust Board but I can honestly say, hand on heart, that every decision since I've been involved - including what to say and when to say it - has been taken based on the best interest of the Club.

I appreciate your reply Matt. What I am saying is... if there is nothing to report because you're waiting for whatever etc. Then just being told that would suffice. The information coming out is reactive not proactive. I haven't heard a dicky bird from our new supporter director.
I know my £10 membership is neither here or there in the grand scheme of things but... and I can't believe I'm saying this... but the way I feel about things at the moment, I won't be renewing.
I think the supporters have been shat on by the sell outs and I'm sick and tired of HJ constantly rubbing our nose in it.

It's just the internet, init.

To the Trust on 05:12 - May 28 with 1106 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 20:33 - May 27 by MattG

Expectations of a reasonable level of communication?

Its non existent.
To the Trust on 09:54 - May 28 with 1033 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 05:12 - May 28 by Meraki

Expectations of a reasonable level of communication?

Its non existent.

I agree that the Trust hasn't issued a statement for a while.

But what if that was an active decision taken in the interests of the Trust that certain things are better kept in-house for the moment?

In that situation, would a statement saying that there is nothing to say be reasonable? If not, what would you say is reasonable?

It's a very difficult balancing act. Believe me, there is no deep desire on the part of the Trust Board to keep members in the dark. It's just that sometimes silence is genuinely seen as the lesser of two evils.
To the Trust on 10:02 - May 28 with 1022 viewsNeath_Jack

To the Trust on 18:40 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

When are the Trust board going to meet, to discuss last weeks meeting?

Nothing confidential about that i wouldn't have thought?

This question must be too difficult to answer as well then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024