Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the Trust 15:45 - May 18 with 18329 viewsDafyddHuw

Any chance of any info from you at all about anything, anytime soon?

I won't be able to make any comments next year apparently. When I have this season, people ask if I'm a member.
Well I won't be after this summer. I'm not throwing good money after bad again. Does that mean I have to keep shtumm?

To the Trust on 21:45 - May 19 with 925 viewsDr_Winston

To the Trust on 21:40 - May 19 by Rancid

Is it enough for you to stop enjoying things down there?

I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

I loved the whole "us against the World" narrative. I enjoyed the fact that we dragged ourselves from about as low as a team can go to succeeding against other, richer clubs by being smarter than them. By working to a unified plan and specific style that they just couldn't fathom.

All that started going to shit in 2014. Egoes and stupidity broke what was still working pretty well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

To the Trust on 21:49 - May 19 with 917 viewsQJumpingJack

To the Trust on 21:45 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

I loved the whole "us against the World" narrative. I enjoyed the fact that we dragged ourselves from about as low as a team can go to succeeding against other, richer clubs by being smarter than them. By working to a unified plan and specific style that they just couldn't fathom.

All that started going to shit in 2014. Egoes and stupidity broke what was still working pretty well.

+ greed & arrogance
To the Trust on 21:55 - May 19 with 890 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 21:45 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

We had to move on and are trying too.In order for that to happen toes will be trodden on and reputations tarnished.It could have been done better but at the end of the day we are still playing week in week out at the highest possible level and could wish for no more as Swans fans.

Christ, I used to get excited at playing Sheffield United in the FACup.
To the Trust on 21:58 - May 19 with 879 viewsDr_Winston

To the Trust on 21:55 - May 19 by Rancid

We had to move on and are trying too.In order for that to happen toes will be trodden on and reputations tarnished.It could have been done better but at the end of the day we are still playing week in week out at the highest possible level and could wish for no more as Swans fans.

We didn't have to move on.

Dineen could have remained a shareholder whilst the club employed someone competent to take his place. Jenkins could have remained Chairman whilst appointing someone else to run the club on a day to day basis. They didn't have to shit on the Trust from a great height, yet they did anyway.

That's going to tarnish what we had.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

To the Trust on 22:01 - May 19 with 869 viewsmorningstar

To the Trust on 21:43 - May 19 by Nookiejack

No I don't care a thing about being consoled.

What I care about is that no action is taken because we have stayed up.

Please take a good look at the new articles.

The Trust can't stay in as a shareholder under these conditions.

With respect I am not talking shit.

"Under the new articles they are totally locked in. No one would ever buy their shares under the conditions of the new articles. All the power and value is with the Majority shareholder I.e. The Yanks."

Then surely that renders the trusts shares worthless does it not? Yet you on the other hand believe they should sell too ensure the future of the club when things go tits up! Yes, you're talking shit!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

To the Trust on 22:03 - May 19 with 859 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 21:58 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

We didn't have to move on.

Dineen could have remained a shareholder whilst the club employed someone competent to take his place. Jenkins could have remained Chairman whilst appointing someone else to run the club on a day to day basis. They didn't have to shit on the Trust from a great height, yet they did anyway.

That's going to tarnish what we had.

Who has a Trust in the PL nowadays Jobs? When you hit the bigtime like we have then Trusts have little or no relevance or importance even than me and you.They're great in the lower leagues and when a club is struggling and need a voice but when billionaires become involved then a Trust is that important that they're not even consulted when the club is up for tender.
To the Trust on 22:05 - May 19 with 851 viewsmonmouth

To the Trust on 21:32 - May 19 by Rancid

All who've made money from football (and theres not many) will be seen as c###s.Working mans sport prerogative.

No mun. No no no.

They had the chance to make more money than they will ever need AND protect the future of the club and the model that made them their money and one of them an OBE.

They could have worked with the Trust and potential buyers to achieve that.

They chose not to. They chose to be grubby to get as much cash as possible and to show everything they had said to build the asset was simply self serving bullshit.

It has nothing to do with them 'making money'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To the Trust on 22:07 - May 19 with 843 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 22:05 - May 19 by monmouth

No mun. No no no.

They had the chance to make more money than they will ever need AND protect the future of the club and the model that made them their money and one of them an OBE.

They chose not to. They chose to be grubby to get as much cash as possible and to show everything they had said to build the asset was simply self serving bullshit.

Do you know theyre not protecting the future of the club? Sacking Bradley says they were concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

To the Trust on 22:08 - May 19 with 836 viewsDr_Winston

To the Trust on 22:03 - May 19 by Rancid

Who has a Trust in the PL nowadays Jobs? When you hit the bigtime like we have then Trusts have little or no relevance or importance even than me and you.They're great in the lower leagues and when a club is struggling and need a voice but when billionaires become involved then a Trust is that important that they're not even consulted when the club is up for tender.

That's what made us different!

German clubs are largely controlled by the fans, and everyone benefits as a result. There's no real reason why the same couldn't have happened here, except certain individuals shit themselves in 2014 at the prospect of their stakes decreasing in value and decided to cash in whether it was best for the club or not.

To the Trust on 22:09 - May 19 with 827 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 21:55 - May 19 by Rancid

Move on? We've gone backwards.
To the Trust on 22:09 - May 19 with 825 viewsmorningstar

To the Trust on 22:03 - May 19 by Rancid

Billionaires? Yippee we're rich!..............Meanwhile back in the real world!

To the Trust on 22:12 - May 19 with 812 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 22:08 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

German clubs are largely controlled by the fans, and everyone benefits as a result. There's no real reason why the same couldn't have happened here, except certain individuals shit themselves in 2014 at the prospect of their stakes decreasing in value and decided to cash in whether it was best for the club or not.

It aint Germany here and clubs aren't run by fans but businessmen.The conflict here is we had fans who were also businessmen and money got the better of them.Your Germany analogy is irrelevant as weve been everything but German.
To the Trust on 22:13 - May 19 with 801 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 22:09 - May 19 by Meraki

Its called transition.We're still PL.Achievement unlocked.
To the Trust on 22:14 - May 19 with 797 viewsDr_Winston

To the Trust on 22:12 - May 19 by Rancid

It aint Germany here and clubs aren't run by fans but businessmen.The conflict here is we had fans who were also businessmen and money got the better of them.Your Germany analogy is irrelevant as weve been everything but German.

It's not irrelevant. That's what we could have been, except certain people decided that maximising their share value was more important than the long term security of the club.

To the Trust on 22:15 - May 19 with 797 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 22:13 - May 19 by Rancid

Its called transition.We're still PL.Achievement unlocked.

You must be p*ssed, surely.
To the Trust on 22:20 - May 19 with 781 viewsxmastree

To the Trust on 22:08 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

German clubs are usually 50% owned by fans. The other 50% owned by the likes of mercedes, audi etc. Ie institutions that can bank role. Morgan the travel, dineen the vend and jenkins the brick dont really constitute institutions .
To the Trust on 22:21 - May 19 with 775 viewsmorningstar

To the Trust on 22:15 - May 19 by Meraki

Must be. Mushroom season isn't due until Aug/Sept!

To the Trust on 22:21 - May 19 with 775 viewsNookiejack

To the Trust on 22:01 - May 19 by morningstar

"Under the new articles they are totally locked in. No one would ever buy their shares under the conditions of the new articles. All the power and value is with the Majority shareholder I.e. The Yanks."

Then surely that renders the trusts shares worthless does it not? Yet you on the other hand believe they should sell too ensure the future of the club when things go tits up! Yes, you're talking shit!

They are worthless under the new articles. You obviously haven't read them. If this is the case that is incredibly poor on you - on not grasping the implications of the new articles.

Given they have been changed unfairly prejudicially to the minority shareholder I.e. The Trust legal action has to be taken now to protect the Trust's value at stake.

If no legal action is taken now the Trust accepts the new articles.

Hopefully a deal can be done between the Trust and the Yanks that avoids legal action.
To the Trust on 22:23 - May 19 with 763 viewsxmastree

To the Trust on 22:09 - May 19 by Meraki

Mm. No. We have spent 9 years of our history in the top flight. We are still there. Haven't gone backwards in my reckoning.
To the Trust on 22:23 - May 19 with 760 viewsRancid

To the Trust on 22:15 - May 19 by Meraki

I dont drink and havent for 3 days and we'll be in the Premier League again next season with a manager who is astute and ambitious as any.Search for the positives.Its boring and unusual as a Swans fan but shit happens to every single football club including us but we move on or just keep calling Huw and co c###s on here for ever and a day despite us still being Wales' number 1 yet again.
To the Trust on 22:25 - May 19 with 750 viewsDr_Winston

To the Trust on 22:23 - May 19 by xmastree

Mm. No. We have spent 9 years of our history in the top flight. We are still there. Haven't gone backwards in my reckoning.

You don't think we've gone backwards since 2013/14?

To the Trust on 22:26 - May 19 with 747 viewsDarran

To the Trust on 22:23 - May 19 by xmastree

Well we've just avoided going backwards by the skin of our teeth and we certainly haven't gone to the next level like Huw said we needed the sale for.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the Trust on 22:28 - May 19 with 739 viewsbonymine

To the Trust on 22:21 - May 19 by Nookiejack

They are worthless under the new articles. You obviously haven't read them. If this is the case that is incredibly poor on you - on not grasping the implications of the new articles.

Given they have been changed unfairly prejudicially to the minority shareholder I.e. The Trust legal action has to be taken now to protect the Trust's value at stake.

If no legal action is taken now the Trust accepts the new articles.

Hopefully a deal can be done between the Trust and the Yanks that avoids legal action.

So when is my old mate Dai Little coming home to Swansea Town to kick the Yanks's butts then ?

Then also see off old Conk Nose, Vending Boy, The Clog, Ugly Mart et al and give us back OUR CLUB ???

Sadly, then I woke up ........ 🙈🙈🙈.....we can but dream !!

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

To the Trust on 22:29 - May 19 with 735 viewsTreforys_Jack

To the Trust on 22:05 - May 19 by monmouth

No mun. No no no.

This all day long, great post.
To the Trust on 22:30 - May 19 with 733 viewsxmastree

To the Trust on 22:26 - May 19 by Darran

Well we've just avoided going backwards by the skin of our teeth and we certainly haven't gone to the next level like Huw said we needed the sale for.

I was merely stating a fact. Why? Because we started the season in the premier league and we have finished it in the premier league. Actually we could say we have gone forward.... Since say 2010. All relative see
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024