Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Mcgregor 23:01 - May 18 with 1412 viewsmax936

Says the contract for him to fight Floyd Mayweather has been signed, got to be a total mismatch and a huge money making publicity stint, really hope Mayweather isn't just gonna dance around him for 10 or 12 rounds or whatever and bore the arse off us all, I just don't get this at all [apart from the money side of it]
[Post edited 18 May 2017 23:02]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Connor Mcgregor on 00:08 - May 19 with 1370 viewsAquinas

Used to love McGregor but he is a d*ck for doing this.

Both him and Floyd don't give a f*ck about the sport. It's all about money. Anyone who pays to watch that fight needs their head examined.

Either floyd is gonna box his head off for 12 rounds (presumably for a made up title) or there will be a WWE style script. Disgusting.

F*ck Conor and Floyd.
Connor Mcgregor on 00:39 - May 19 with 1357 viewsWarwickHunt

Pair of cûnts.
Connor Mcgregor on 00:58 - May 19 with 1345 viewsepaul

Stone cold Steve Austin would stomp a mudhole in both their asses

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Connor Mcgregor on 01:25 - May 19 with 1343 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The UFC is becoming a very big joke. Champions holding on to belts for huge periods of time without defending them. They have let one fighter become bigger than the organisation by letting him fight in other weight classes when champion of one already. Now others are doing the same. It is awful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Connor Mcgregor on 08:29 - May 19 with 1261 viewsWarwickHunt

Connor Mcgregor on 00:58 - May 19 by epaul

Stone cold Steve Austin would stomp a mudhole in both their asses

We were talking fighting, not choreography, Paul.

Grown men watching pantomime.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 8:30]
Connor Mcgregor on 09:05 - May 19 with 1237 viewsblueytheblue

Connor Mcgregor on 01:25 - May 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The UFC is becoming a very big joke. Champions holding on to belts for huge periods of time without defending them. They have let one fighter become bigger than the organisation by letting him fight in other weight classes when champion of one already. Now others are doing the same. It is awful.

Same as boxing then isn't it?

Tony Bellend brags he could be heavyweight champion having taken 5 rounds to beat a one legged man, when was his last cruiserweight defence?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Connor Mcgregor on 09:41 - May 19 with 1218 viewsdickythorpe

There hasn't been a decent boxer since Joe Calzaghe.
Connor Mcgregor on 10:16 - May 19 with 1201 viewsPozuelosSideys

Connor Mcgregor on 09:41 - May 19 by dickythorpe

Cant work out if youre being serious or not

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Mcgregor on 10:36 - May 19 with 1187 viewsswanjackal

Love him or hate him, McGregor gets his name out there and gets paid more than his ability suggests.

No lose situation for him here too, especially for the pay day. He loses a boxing match against an unbeaten fighter, and he can go to the "single discipline" argument, if he wins he gets to inflate his ego, and earning potential more.

I still have doubts this will happen.

As for the fight itself, even though he usually uses smaller gloves, McGregor is deceptively strong, and a precision puncher and if it is treated as a serious challenge, could cause problems with his punching. However he has to connect, and, even though Mayweather bores the tits off me, he is difficult to pin down. Could see this being a late rounder, McGregor punching himself out as Mayweather racks the points up or a late stoppage.

I agree with Dwight though, this makes a mockery of the UFC brand, but unfortunately purists of MMA are still in a small number, hence why you see such poor numbers for Demetrious Johnson, who is by far the most complete fighter in MMA at this current time. This is the same scenario for boxing. People want the spectacle, just like boxing fans, paying big money on PPV fights but not caring about the undercards and smaller cards, where usually the best fights occur. It's not the fight that sells, it's the hype created, something borrowed from professional wrestling.

There are some excellent fights still on UFC, and in MMA in general, as well as boxing, but I do agree they get cheapened by gimmick fights (MMA) and promoters/different councils (Boxing).
[Post edited 19 May 2017 10:39]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor Mcgregor on 18:14 - May 19 with 1104 viewsmax936

Connor Mcgregor on 00:08 - May 19 by Aquinas

Used to love McGregor but he is a d*ck for doing this.

Both him and Floyd don't give a f*ck about the sport. It's all about money. Anyone who pays to watch that fight needs their head examined.

Either floyd is gonna box his head off for 12 rounds (presumably for a made up title) or there will be a WWE style script. Disgusting.

F*ck Conor and Floyd.

Can't argue with ant of that, they are treating the sport as a Christmas Pantomime, sadly they're not the first, money the route of all evil.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 18:15]

Connor Mcgregor on 18:27 - May 19 with 1088 viewsblueytheblue

Hmm let me see.

Connor comes out swinging, Floyd dancing around keeping him at distance. Floyd dishes out a boxing lesson... Connor looks down and out, manages to hang on... over time lands a few shots, Floyd staggered... goes to points for a split decision with some controversial scoring which leads to McGregor - Mayweather 2 - this time in Ireland...

Connor Mcgregor on 18:37 - May 19 with 1080 viewsWarwickHunt

Connor Mcgregor on 18:27 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Hmm let me see.

Connor comes out swinging, Floyd dancing around keeping him at distance. Floyd dishes out a boxing lesson... Connor looks down and out, manages to hang on... over time lands a few shots, Floyd staggered... goes to points for a split decision with some controversial scoring which leads to McGregor - Mayweather 2 - this time in Ireland...

If McGregor beats Mayweather on points I'll suck your cock in Burton's window.

Wouldn't rule out a rematch in Dublin though, whatever happens.
Connor Mcgregor on 18:40 - May 19 with 1072 viewsswanjackal

I'm guessing though, McGregor would do better in a boxing match between the two, than Mayweather would in an MMA bout.

All very Inoki v Ali though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor Mcgregor on 18:49 - May 19 with 1053 viewsNeath_Jack

Connor Mcgregor on 18:14 - May 19 by max936

Can't argue with ant of that, they are treating the sport as a Christmas Pantomime, sadly they're not the first, money the route of all evil.

Like Ali used to then? And many, many other champions over the years.

Nothing has changed really has it, the public get what the public want. And that means massive money flying about.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Connor Mcgregor on 20:16 - May 19 with 1019 viewsmax936

Connor Mcgregor on 18:49 - May 19 by Neath_Jack

Like Ali used to then? And many, many other champions over the years.

Nothing has changed really has it, the public get what the public want. And that means massive money flying about.

Ali was the best and he fought the best, others had the money he earned they had what should have been his wealth. This fight may turn out to be a good one, but my bet is on it being farcical who knows.

On another note, it looks like I've got away with the I spelt root

Connor Mcgregor on 01:06 - May 20 with 947 viewsNirvana

What Joe Rogan says. He knows his sshitt.

Connor Mcgregor on 08:46 - May 20 with 893 viewsDrGonzo

Connor Mcgregor on 01:06 - May 20 by Nirvana

What Joe Rogan says. He knows his sshitt.

Joe Rogan knows the truth.
Connor Mcgregor on 11:18 - May 20 with 856 viewsattila_the_hun

Connor Mcgregor on 09:41 - May 19 by dickythorpe

you obviously haven't heard of Ali Raymi

p.s Floyd and Connor is the biggest insult to boxing since Audley Harrison

"I'm Free"

Connor Mcgregor on 11:22 - May 20 with 847 viewsblueytheblue

Connor Mcgregor on 18:37 - May 19 by WarwickHunt

If McGregor beats Mayweather on points I'll suck your cock in Burton's window.

Wouldn't rule out a rematch in Dublin though, whatever happens.

Didn't say McGregor would win on point. Granted, I could have been clearly.

I'd see Mayweather winning on points leading to the rematch.

You're thinking it's a legit boxing match; I'm seeing it for what it is - a money making exercise for both.

Hell, like I said, have the rematch in Ireland. In front of a boisterous home crowd, McGregor shocks the world with a controversial points win - as in Mayweather would be clearly better but home scoring wins it for Connor.

That then sets up the third and final bout...

Connor Mcgregor on 18:08 - May 20 with 785 viewsDrGonzo

No one wants this fight except for the people making money out it.
Connor Mcgregor on 18:10 - May 20 with 780 viewsNeath_Jack

Connor Mcgregor on 18:08 - May 20 by DrGonzo

No one wants this fight except for the people making money out it.

But it'll still command the worlds biggest audience for a fight.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Connor Mcgregor on 19:02 - May 20 with 755 viewsexiledclaseboy

Connor Mcgregor on 18:10 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

But it'll still command the worlds biggest audience for a fight.

Imagine how much cash Prosser v Perch would attract.

Poll: Tory leader

Connor Mcgregor on 19:17 - May 20 with 744 viewsNeath_Jack

Connor Mcgregor on 19:02 - May 20 by exiledclaseboy

Imagine how much cash Prosser v Perch would attract.

Connor Mcgregor on 22:45 - May 20 with 697 viewsWarwickHunt

Connor Mcgregor on 11:22 - May 20 by blueytheblue

Didn't say McGregor would win on point. Granted, I could have been clearly.

I'd see Mayweather winning on points leading to the rematch.

You're thinking it's a legit boxing match; I'm seeing it for what it is - a money making exercise for both.

Hell, like I said, have the rematch in Ireland. In front of a boisterous home crowd, McGregor shocks the world with a controversial points win - as in Mayweather would be clearly better but home scoring wins it for Connor.

That then sets up the third and final bout...

You're being silly now.
Connor Mcgregor on 22:59 - May 20 with 675 viewsCooperman

Connor Mcgregor on 18:14 - May 19 by max936

Yep. All a bit of a joke.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024