Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Back Debate 19:09 - May 19 with 2453 viewsAl_Bundy

After reading threads on retaining players what are your thoughts on our current CB's and do we need strengthening in this area?

What is you opinion on the following players for next season?

Bartley
VDH
Amat
Feddy
Mawson
Centre Back Debate on 20:46 - May 19 with 889 viewslifelong

Our last 4 performances have given me great confidence for next season, can't see any changes in the centre back department.
Centre Back Debate on 20:50 - May 19 with 879 viewsItchySphincter

VDH was not supposed to be involved this season.

Amat did really well at the beginning of the season, people have forgotten him standing up to Costa due to the Bradley debacle.

They can't all be first choice.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Centre Back Debate on 21:16 - May 19 with 845 viewsTheKirkyLife

Sell Bartley to Leeds, make them pay big. Bring up Rodon to replace him. If Amat wants to leave, let him - you can understand why he would. Otherwise no need to sell either him or VDH.

More than happy with Mawson/Fernandez.
Centre Back Debate on 21:17 - May 19 with 843 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley is just above Dennis Lawrence in my list of clumsy useless centre halves we have had .... & at least snoop dog was entertainment value

Amat might as well pack up football and stick to line of duty (he spends all his time playing it)

VDH .... Also a load of shite.

If Clement turns any of them into a decent player he's likely to be managing Real Madrid the following season.

In summary get rid of them all & get decent back up for Fede/Alfie although I see Pulis renewing his interest in FF in the summer (& thats a manager who knows a decent centre half)
[Post edited 19 May 2017 21:19]
Centre Back Debate on 00:17 - May 20 with 796 viewsKerouac

I'd give Van der Hoorn a chance. Liked what I saw early doors...needs a loan to the Championship.

Amat we know is good enough on his day but years of not playing 1st team football is not good for him. If he wanted to go I'd probably let him (reluctantly)

Sell Bartley now while we can, not good enough for the Premier League.

Fede and Mawson have earned their stripes and will take some shifting.

So I would sell Bartley and possibly Amat. Bring in a young centre-back on loan with a good pedigree as back-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Centre Back Debate on 00:34 - May 20 with 782 viewsNirvana

Centre Back Debate on 20:41 - May 19 by Neath_Jack

It's nearly time for your favourite time of year wuss, throwing random transfer targets at us from all angles

Wuss?

What an Internet Toughman you are. Quite the abusive poster, too, and extremely uncalled for.

It's not anyone else's fault you don't know sshitt about football or the people who play it. It's yours. Just grow a pair and have some ffukkingg humility for once.

Get a life, Neath. Genuinely. Get a life.
Centre Back Debate on 00:38 - May 20 with 773 viewsNeathJack

Centre Back Debate on 20:42 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

I still could, but TBH they bore me these days. Back in the years of the FNC I'd dive in with abandon. Can't be arsed any more.

Ah, the FNC.

Simpler times.
Centre Back Debate on 00:48 - May 20 with 763 viewsNirvana

Centre Back Debate on 20:02 - May 19 by NeathJack

Other than Fernandez and Mawson, it's almost impossible to judge the others as they haven't played under Clement.

I always felt there was a class player in Amat but he was exposed honorific during the Bradley reign, which it's reasonable to put down to Bradley more than any failings on Amat's part.

Certainly haven't seen enough of VDH to make any sort of informed judgement.

Still not convinced about Bartley, despite his good season with Leeds. I have a feeling upper end Championship is his level.

I'd probably go with:

Amat - Keep if he's not itching for a move
VDH - Loan to Championship side
Bartley - Sell while stock is reasonably high

But you could easily make an argument for the exact opposite or any other variation.

And get someone in who can challenge Fernandez & Mawson.

Excellent post, Neath.

Agree with everything here, except I've seen enough of VDH in the Eredivisie to know he's probably not up to PL standards. I'd try and offload, and a loan to the Championship might increase his value. Good idea.

I agree, sell Bartley now with his stock high and keep Amat for the squad. If he wants out, do it in January.

Fede and Alfie as starters, but like you said we really need another CB that can take their spot if necessary. We need at least three that we can confidently start, and we only have two (or one and a half, if you're being honest).

That needs to change, and Jenkins need to act quickly this summer before all the good players are gone. Why he would start now I don't know, but better late than never.
Login to get fewer ads

Centre Back Debate on 01:01 - May 20 with 739 viewsRancid

VDH is your typical Dutch footballer.Neat and tidy on the ball and ideal in the Erivedsie but in the PL lacks the strength and physicality for the PL.
I
Centre Back Debate on 01:10 - May 20 with 726 viewsNirvana

Centre Back Debate on 01:01 - May 20 by Rancid

VDH is your typical Dutch footballer.Neat and tidy on the ball and ideal in the Erivedsie but in the PL lacks the strength and physicality for the PL.
I

Yeah, I agree with you.

Well, except for the "neat and tidy" part. Looked a wreck to me mentally most games. I'll mark it off as Bradley, though.

But you're right about the physicality, and that's what he's supposed to be good at. He has absolutely no pace either, and that is brutal in the PL these days.

Just another ill-informed Jenkins signing. No anticipation whatsoever of how he fits into the team, and the league overall.
Centre Back Debate on 01:20 - May 20 with 714 viewsRancid

Centre Back Debate on 01:10 - May 20 by Nirvana

Yeah, I agree with you.

Well, except for the "neat and tidy" part. Looked a wreck to me mentally most games. I'll mark it off as Bradley, though.

But you're right about the physicality, and that's what he's supposed to be good at. He has absolutely no pace either, and that is brutal in the PL these days.

Just another ill-informed Jenkins signing. No anticipation whatsoever of how he fits into the team, and the league overall.

Neat and tidy was the only positive i could think of and i was stereotyping to be honest, as i remember him bringing the ball out once or twice and passing it to a midfielder.

When you think of lumps like Ash Mawson Fede. and Bartley even , hes no match for a typical PL striker.Chico was of similar stature but he could read the game and VDH doesnt seem to.Only Mawson and Fernandez are worthy of playing in this league although and to be fair im sure VDH would improve given game time.
Centre Back Debate on 09:59 - May 20 with 629 viewsJokeren1943

Get rid of Bartley - he had his chances - couldn't deal with the speed and technical talents of the PL players.

Amat seem to me as a cheap player. He knows the squad, club and manager and how we play.

Keep Horn for atleast another season - haven't really had a chance to prove himself.

Personal Swansea should focus on a 25 year old class central midfielder. If they get him Swansea only need minor changes for next season.
Centre Back Debate on 10:31 - May 20 with 603 viewsNeath_Jack

Centre Back Debate on 00:34 - May 20 by Nirvana

Wuss?

What an Internet Toughman you are. Quite the abusive poster, too, and extremely uncalled for.

It's not anyone else's fault you don't know sshitt about football or the people who play it. It's yours. Just grow a pair and have some ffukkingg humility for once.

Get a life, Neath. Genuinely. Get a life.

Good morning Dav, would you like to explain to the viewers which part of my post was abusive please. I genuinely look forward to Daps transfer ramblings.

Then when you've done that, you'd be better off producing your ever so exciting graphs than trying to dig people out.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Centre Back Debate on 11:42 - May 20 with 558 viewsmagicdaps10

Centre Back Debate on 10:31 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

Good morning Dav, would you like to explain to the viewers which part of my post was abusive please. I genuinely look forward to Daps transfer ramblings.

Then when you've done that, you'd be better off producing your ever so exciting graphs than trying to dig people out.

I dont mind being called Wuss, been called a lot worse over the years..........normally by Daz bag!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Centre Back Debate on 22:17 - May 20 with 476 viewsTNT

Centre Back Debate on 20:37 - May 19 by magicdaps10

I think Fede and Mawson are keepers and I would persist with Amat as 4th choice.
I would cash in on Bartley and hope there are takers for VDH.

A centre half of quality is needed to battle Fede and Mawson.........someone like Hector Moreno or Fabian Schar.

Well Tatey played in goal, so why not Fede and Mawson?

Sorry magicdaps, couldn't resist that one, you set me up for a tap in tbf!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024