Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Because I'm Happy.... 20:43 - May 19 with 4455 viewslondonlisa2001

It's really only now beginning to hit me that I am going to enjoy every minute of this weekend's football.

Ive spent the entire season (well after the first week or so) dreading it.

10 points from 12, against Stoke, Man Utd away, Everton, Sunderland away.

What an achievement.

Take a bow every single player and member of the management team. You've given us all the perfect weekend.

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:50 - May 19 with 3668 viewsFieryJack

Concur with those sentiments.

And what would make it even more perfect would be for Bradford to beat Millwall at Wembley tomorrow.
Because I'm Happy.... on 20:53 - May 19 with 3651 viewsRancid

Feel exactly the same.Perversely this season has been brilliant and a relegation battle is as talked about and felt as much as a title or promotion charge.Easy to say now we're safe but I havent felt this good about the Swans in a good few seasons.
Because I'm Happy.... on 20:54 - May 19 with 3636 viewsmorningstar

Looking back, even after the last 4 games, it's hard to believe we only had 28pts with only 5 left too play!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:57 - May 19 with 3627 viewspencoedjack

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:53 - May 19 by Rancid

Feel exactly the same.Perversely this season has been brilliant and a relegation battle is as talked about and felt as much as a title or promotion charge.Easy to say now we're safe but I havent felt this good about the Swans in a good few seasons.

I have to disagree Rancid ....

Said in another thread the other day, my least enjoyable season following the Swans in 34 years.

Cant wait to get away from football this summer.
Because I'm Happy.... on 20:59 - May 19 with 3609 viewsRancid

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:57 - May 19 by pencoedjack

I have to disagree Rancid ....

Said in another thread the other day, my least enjoyable season following the Swans in 34 years.

Cant wait to get away from football this summer.

Mmmmm yeah i know what you mean mate but the end result is so much more pleasing than a mid table nothing to play for season like previously.Its the sigh of relief that feels good.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:03 - May 19 with 3582 viewsjack247

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:53 - May 19 by Rancid

You haven't felt this good about the Swans in a few seasons? We were locally owned and playing champagne football a few seasons ago.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:06 - May 19 with 3565 viewspencoedjack

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:59 - May 19 by Rancid

Mmmmm yeah i know what you mean mate but the end result is so much more pleasing than a mid table nothing to play for season like previously.Its the sigh of relief that feels good.

Yes it has made the end of season more exciting still my worst season though .... All the off field stuff / Bradley as manager has made it a shower of shite for me.

On the plus side a young lady is looking forward to the weekend ......
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:08 - May 19 with 3545 viewsNeath_Jack

Like when you're busting for a shit and think that you definitely ain't going to make the toilet, but you do, just in the nick of time.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:10 - May 19 with 3534 viewsSwansNZ

Give me mid-table mediocrity any day. I'd rather look down and laugh on the relagation battle from afar.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:12 - May 19 with 3523 viewsSPboy

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:54 - May 19 by morningstar

Looking back, even after the last 4 games, it's hard to believe we only had 28pts with only 5 left too play!

When you put like that - an incredible turnaround really ... just wow - I can remember going home after the West Ham (home) & Bournemouth games accepting that it was all over. Then after the Burnley game thinking we had achieved the miracle. Then Spurs, West Ham (away), Watford leaving us to do it all again & rely on Hull to slip up. All this made the trip to Sunderland the finest weekend this season - mid- table mediocrity next season wouldn't that be just great ?
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:12 - May 19 with 3517 viewsRancid

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:03 - May 19 by jack247

You haven't felt this good about the Swans in a few seasons? We were locally owned and playing champagne football a few seasons ago.

Aye thats why I said a good few seasons.I see this now as the next step in becoming what we've always strived to be and spoken of.We had to move on from local ownership to progress and we have.It doesnt feel like it now but just hold back on the Huw Jenkins vigilante bandwagon and see where it goes next season.So far we've struggled since the takeover but i put that down to the Americans watching nothing but NBC and thinking Bob Bradley was Matt Busby reincarnated.Mistake made but Clement and our signings have been successful since Bradley so lets see how it pans out eh 👍
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:14 - May 19 with 3514 viewslondonlisa2001

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:06 - May 19 by pencoedjack

Yes it has made the end of season more exciting still my worst season though .... All the off field stuff / Bradley as manager has made it a shower of shite for me.

On the plus side a young lady is looking forward to the weekend ......

It's my worst season for a long time too - but it's still the perfect weekend at the end of it.

Next week there's time for the rest of the horror show. This weekend, I'm just going to enjoy.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:32 - May 19 with 3459 viewsploppy

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:10 - May 19 by SwansNZ

Give me mid-table mediocrity any day. I'd rather look down and laugh on the relagation battle from afar.

I can totally understand that, but does anything beat the euphoria that (I guess) most of us felt at the end of the Palace (home and away), Stoke (home), Man U (away), Everton (home) and Sunderland (away) matches? That euphoria came from the release of enormous tension, and there wouldn't have been tension if we weren't in the shit. Not saying I'd want it every season mind.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:40 - May 19 with 3421 viewsjack247

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:12 - May 19 by Rancid

Aye thats why I said a good few seasons.I see this now as the next step in becoming what we've always strived to be and spoken of.We had to move on from local ownership to progress and we have.It doesnt feel like it now but just hold back on the Huw Jenkins vigilante bandwagon and see where it goes next season.So far we've struggled since the takeover but i put that down to the Americans watching nothing but NBC and thinking Bob Bradley was Matt Busby reincarnated.Mistake made but Clement and our signings have been successful since Bradley so lets see how it pans out eh 👍

This season has easily been our worst in the PL. I don't think that's a coincidence. We are now owned by venture capitalists who may be able to cut costs and increase commercial revenue, but aren't going to invest into the club. There is no next level.

I admire your optimism, I just remain to be convinced at the moment.

Sunday is a chance to thank Clement and the players, yes, we can sit back and enjoy the football for the first time in a while. I'm sure there will be a party atmosphere. It's nice to be able to watch a game without the stress and the constantly checking how Hull and Palace are doing.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:45 - May 19 with 3386 viewslifelong

This season we've beaten Liverpool away, Everton at home, had excellent draws againgst Man U away and Chelsea at home... it ain't been all that bad.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:47 - May 19 with 3373 viewsDr_Winston

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:45 - May 19 by lifelong

This season we've beaten Liverpool away, Everton at home, had excellent draws againgst Man U away and Chelsea at home... it ain't been all that bad.

It's a season where we could have done decent things but the board decided to give everyone else a chance by appointing one of the worst managers in Premier League history.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:49 - May 19 with 3365 viewslifelong

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:47 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

It's a season where we could have done decent things but the board decided to give everyone else a chance by appointing one of the worst managers in Premier League history.

Can't argue with that.
Because I'm Happy.... on 21:49 - May 19 with 3361 viewsRancid

Because I'm Happy.... on 21:40 - May 19 by jack247

This season has easily been our worst in the PL. I don't think that's a coincidence. We are now owned by venture capitalists who may be able to cut costs and increase commercial revenue, but aren't going to invest into the club. There is no next level.

I admire your optimism, I just remain to be convinced at the moment.

Sunday is a chance to thank Clement and the players, yes, we can sit back and enjoy the football for the first time in a while. I'm sure there will be a party atmosphere. It's nice to be able to watch a game without the stress and the constantly checking how Hull and Palace are doing.

Thats it.How many times have we been proved wrong with decisions made at the club? Every season from what i remember.Whether it be managerial choice or new signings, Its always cast with doubt.Its a biggie this time though and could affect the whole foundations of the club but on a personal level i find concerning myself with it tiresome and depressing so focusing on the fact we're still PL and seeing it at face value and what the say on MOTD far more soothing.

For those fighting the honour and integrity of the club i admire their loyalty and persistence though but would rather leave it to them.
Because I'm Happy.... on 23:39 - May 19 with 3193 viewsMuteswan

Because I'm Happy.... on 20:50 - May 19 by FieryJack

Concur with those sentiments.

And what would make it even more perfect would be for Bradford to beat Millwall at Wembley tomorrow.

Totally agree, I thought the Bradford fans were fantastic at the League Cup Final and hope they beat Millwall tomorrow. Also hope the guys can do it on Sunday to finish the season in style. On another note Mrs. Mute and I have just found out that we are to become grandparents for the first time so what a wonderful end to the season for us whatever the result Sunday, but a win would be nice! 🤗
Because I'm Happy.... on 23:21 - May 21 with 2905 viewsMuteswan

Because I'm Happy.... on 23:39 - May 19 by Muteswan

Totally agree, I thought the Bradford fans were fantastic at the League Cup Final and hope they beat Millwall tomorrow. Also hope the guys can do it on Sunday to finish the season in style. On another note Mrs. Mute and I have just found out that we are to become grandparents for the first time so what a wonderful end to the season for us whatever the result Sunday, but a win would be nice! 🤗

Shame about Bradford, but a great result today. Not the best game we've seen this season but the win rounded everything off really well. Well done PC, the players and the Jack Army on attaining another year in the Premier League. Can we please have a less stressful season next time! 🙏😎
Because I'm Happy.... on 01:18 - May 22 with 2739 viewsLoyal

Last five games should have resulted in five wins, the Man U draw was frustrating.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Because I'm Happy.... on 12:05 - May 22 with 2548 viewsDJack

Guys( and girls) now is the time to chill out and not worry about "what might be" next season. It's enough of a rollercoaster as it is, enjoy yourself for a bit then gird your loins at the start of the new season.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Because I'm Happy.... on 12:13 - May 22 with 2525 viewsJackFish

Watford were twelve points ahead of us with five games left after they beat us up there. Crazy that we've finished above them!
Because I'm Happy.... on 12:20 - May 22 with 2490 viewsjack247

Because I'm Happy.... on 12:05 - May 22 by DJack

Guys( and girls) now is the time to chill out and not worry about "what might be" next season. It's enough of a rollercoaster as it is, enjoy yourself for a bit then gird your loins at the start of the new season.

Fair point. I'm normally disappointed when the season ends. This time I'm glad of the break. I'll still be squabbling on here, but happy to do without the tension for a few months.
Because I'm Happy.... on 13:47 - May 22 with 2330 viewsairedale

Because I'm Happy.... on 12:20 - May 22 by jack247

Fair point. I'm normally disappointed when the season ends. This time I'm glad of the break. I'll still be squabbling on here, but happy to do without the tension for a few months.

Fixture list out in a few weeks. If we get Arsenal, Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton as our last 7 games of the season then the stress is on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024