Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it begins 23:16 - May 19 with 2871 viewsBanosswan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4523860/Gylfi-Sigurdsson-set-2

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

And so it begins on 23:19 - May 19 with 2460 viewsNeathJack

Do yourself a favour (and this goes for everyone else as well), ignore every single newspaper transfer story. 99% are fiction made up to simply sell papers and fill columns.
And so it begins on 23:24 - May 19 with 2425 viewsBanosswan

And so it begins on 23:19 - May 19 by NeathJack

Do yourself a favour (and this goes for everyone else as well), ignore every single newspaper transfer story. 99% are fiction made up to simply sell papers and fill columns.

That's kind of my point, we're in for three months of bollucks.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

And so it begins on 23:30 - May 19 with 2412 viewsploppy

Nah. Eriksen takes their free kicks. Dele Alli plays the AM role. Why would they want Siggy? And why would he go to them knowing that.
And so it begins on 00:21 - May 20 with 2346 viewsJethroJack

And so it begins on 23:30 - May 19 by ploppy

Nah. Eriksen takes their free kicks. Dele Alli plays the AM role. Why would they want Siggy? And why would he go to them knowing that.

Its all bollox....unless the latest English "superstar" Alli is off to Real or Barca.
Also, if Everton value Barkley at £50M, we should slap a similar valuation on Siggy.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 0:23]
And so it begins on 07:25 - May 20 with 2239 viewsKilkennyjack

Be great to see our Board not sell for once.
Almost all offers above £10m have been accepted.

Beware of the Risen People

And so it begins on 07:58 - May 20 with 2148 viewsWhiterockin

This is one of the hidden benefits of retaining our Premier League status. We can turn down offers instead of having to take the agreed release fee in Siggy's contract.
And so it begins on 08:29 - May 20 with 2070 viewssherpajacob

And so it begins on 00:21 - May 20 by JethroJack

Its all bollox....unless the latest English "superstar" Alli is off to Real or Barca.
Also, if Everton value Barkley at £50M, we should slap a similar valuation on Siggy.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 0:23]

If Barkley is worth £50m, siggy is worth £100m at least.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

And so it begins on 08:34 - May 20 with 2056 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And so it begins on 23:30 - May 19 by ploppy

As if a manager who's already worked with him and discarded him would take him back.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

And so it begins on 08:42 - May 20 with 2025 viewsFireboy

And so it begins on 08:29 - May 20 by sherpajacob

If Barkley is worth £50m, siggy is worth £100m at least.

Exactly

Even though it might be made up what ponchetino said is spot on

Barkley needs work and gylfi is the finished aricle

Nuff said
And so it begins on 08:49 - May 20 with 2006 viewsjackjackjackjack

And so it begins on 08:34 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

As if a manager who's already worked with him and discarded him would take him back.

Pochettino has said it was a mistake to sell him. And don't forget about Siggy's big club dreams.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10811219/gylfi-sigurdsson-reveals-b

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

And so it begins on 08:50 - May 20 with 1997 viewsDrGonzo

There's no way Gylfi gets in their best 11 for a start. And he doesn't suit the way they play at all.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 8:52]
And so it begins on 08:51 - May 20 with 1992 viewsWhiterockin

And so it begins on 08:49 - May 20 by jackjackjackjack

Pochettino has said it was a mistake to sell him. And don't forget about Siggy's big club dreams.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10811219/gylfi-sigurdsson-reveals-b

That was when we were going down.
And so it begins on 08:52 - May 20 with 1989 viewsraynor94

And so it begins on 08:34 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He hadn't managed him though, Siggy joined us the summer Pochettino joined Spurs the decision was made before he arrived

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

And so it begins on 10:58 - May 20 with 1863 viewstomdickharry

We will have weeks of this until Siggy signs a new extended contract with us.
And so it begins on 11:03 - May 20 with 1844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And so it begins on 08:52 - May 20 by raynor94

He hadn't managed him though, Siggy joined us the summer Pochettino joined Spurs the decision was made before he arrived

Fair enough. But do you really see him getting into this current spurs midfield? Because I can't
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:24]

And so it begins on 11:19 - May 20 with 1824 viewsWhiterockin

And so it begins on 10:58 - May 20 by tomdickharry

We will have weeks of this until Siggy signs a new extended contract with us.

He signed a new extended four year contract with us last summer.
And so it begins on 12:06 - May 20 with 1756 viewsploppy

And so it begins on 07:58 - May 20 by Whiterockin

This is one of the hidden benefits of retaining our Premier League status. We can turn down offers instead of having to take the agreed release fee in Siggy's contract.

Agreed, but we (HJ) seem to have always had this gentlemen's agreement with players that we wouldn't stand in their way if they wanted to move on. It's been one of the bargaining chips for getting players to come here in the first place. So, basically, if Siggy wants to go, we'll sell. I wouldn't go to Spurs if I was him - he'd be second choice for them. He'd be first choice for Everton though, assuming they sell Barkley.
And so it begins on 12:51 - May 20 with 1688 viewsWhiterockin

And so it begins on 12:06 - May 20 by ploppy

Agreed, but we (HJ) seem to have always had this gentlemen's agreement with players that we wouldn't stand in their way if they wanted to move on. It's been one of the bargaining chips for getting players to come here in the first place. So, basically, if Siggy wants to go, we'll sell. I wouldn't go to Spurs if I was him - he'd be second choice for them. He'd be first choice for Everton though, assuming they sell Barkley.

You should rephrase that.

When players wanted to leave we let them go on the cheap. Now it should be, if a club wants you and you want to go, the buying club pays the going rate.

In any other business, if a chairman sold assets under market value, serious questions would be asked about the integrity of that chairman.
And so it begins on 12:55 - May 20 with 1677 viewsmax936

Danny Murphy on Football Focus reckons he'll go, what was also worrying was a profile of Alfie, big clubs must be watching with interest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

And so it begins on 13:34 - May 20 with 1617 viewsMrSwerve

And so it begins on 12:55 - May 20 by max936

Danny Murphy on Football Focus reckons he'll go, what was also worrying was a profile of Alfie, big clubs must be watching with interest.

Also adamant that Gylfi is a massively key player for us...but what would they know.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

And so it begins on 14:19 - May 20 with 1549 viewsJackSomething

And so it begins on 11:03 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair enough. But do you really see him getting into this current spurs midfield? Because I can't
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:24]

I think Spurs are pretty happy with their starting eleven, which may be the best in the league, now they're looking for better depth.

Look at Ben. Most people would assume he was a bit of a failure before this season, mostly playing in the cups/Europe and an obvious downgrade on Rose. Now this season they lost Rose for a fair chunk and Ben was a good quality replacement who they can rely on. Same with Trippier on the other side who is likely to replace Walker next season.

I can see them targeting Gylfi as a high-quality reserve for a number of positions, especially with his playing a few different positions for us this season. He's cover for Alli, Eriksen, Son, and Lamela. Not as good as them, but a pretty good replacement. Sadly, we'd probably accept £25m from them. After all, that's enough for 5 new players at Huw's favourite price.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

And so it begins on 14:27 - May 20 with 1531 viewsperchrockjack

Good post JS

I m of the opinion Siggy is world class and a player we build around

Only a daft offer of 35 million should be considered

He ll take some replacing .frankly, I don't think he can

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

And so it begins on 17:42 - May 20 with 1382 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And so it begins on 14:27 - May 20 by perchrockjack

Good post JS

I m of the opinion Siggy is world class and a player we build around

Only a daft offer of 35 million should be considered

He ll take some replacing .frankly, I don't think he can

World class????

If that were true Barcelona annd Real , AC Milan, Juventus etc etc would be banging on the Liberty stadium door to hand over that £35 million fee. Actually a world class midfielder would command over £60 million. Let's see what happens

And so it begins on 18:01 - May 20 with 1325 viewsRancid

He wont be going anywhere.He's got a nice contract here, is the starman and always played his best football at Swansea.It isnt like he needs to be at a top 4 club to be picked for Iceland either.What we need to do is to match his ambition and talent with similar quality.1 or 2 real quality additions and we'll be pushing on again under Clement..It would take the club to buckle and accept an outrageous bid for him to go and I dont think theyll want to sell regardless of what some think of them.Theyll know hes the difference between us surviving and us becoming a Championship side again.
And so it begins on 18:26 - May 20 with 1290 viewsFireboy

And so it begins on 17:42 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

World class????

If that were true Barcelona annd Real , AC Milan, Juventus etc etc would be banging on the Liberty stadium door to hand over that £35 million fee. Actually a world class midfielder would command over £60 million. Let's see what happens

Perhaps he isn't world class but he isnt far off

And perch is spot on in his assumption that we should be building a team around him rather than cashing in on him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024