Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo 11:24 - May 20 with 10047 viewsperchrockjack

Fail to how anyone could vote for either

Still.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:53 - May 27 with 770 viewsperchrockjack

Excellent post by Lisa butgiven the reasons /excuses for the attack being mainly at our door for bombing Syria ,it's a perfectly normal summary.

It's not our fault

The fact we bombed Syria is no excuse or reason to bomb our kids

It IS for some

Corbyn is clearly now defensive over Ireland and shows how's shallow he really is

As power hungry as any Tory

And as untrustworthy

This country is in a shocking state ,truth be told ,politically

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:55 - May 27 with 767 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:53 - May 27 by perchrockjack

Excellent post by Lisa butgiven the reasons /excuses for the attack being mainly at our door for bombing Syria ,it's a perfectly normal summary.

It's not our fault

The fact we bombed Syria is no excuse or reason to bomb our kids

It IS for some

Corbyn is clearly now defensive over Ireland and shows how's shallow he really is

As power hungry as any Tory

And as untrustworthy

This country is in a shocking state ,truth be told ,politically

Can't a Mod ask this prick to stop saying the same thing over and over again or better still just ban him?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:08 - May 27 with 760 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:48 - May 27 by Headmaster

Diane Abbott again? Really? I'm glad you're in the luxurious position of not having to vote for either. As for the rest of us, Labour is the only thing that has a sliver of a chance at stopping the real life consequences of Tory policy. This isn't a game.

Yes, really. The bigot who spouts about equality yet sent her own kids to private school. Say what you want about the Cons but at least you know where you stand with them. This isn't a game this is about hopefully pushing politics back to the centre ground.

On another note, Labour's failings last time around wasn't the spending per se, it was how it was spent. Red tape, pointless targets that meant nothing. Could Corbyn and his clan do any better? Given that we are in the back pockets of global financers watch our currency crash and true sh*t hit the fan.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:11 - May 27 with 755 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Say what you want about the Cons but at least you know where you stand with them."

Jesus? Really? Have you listened to the PM recently?

Poll: Tory leader

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:24 - May 27 with 735 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:11 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

"Say what you want about the Cons but at least you know where you stand with them."

Jesus? Really? Have you listened to the PM recently?

Yes, she's so shìt at lying anyone can see through her. She swept to power despite being pro remain...

Conservatives = pro business, anti state. Despite the semantics of your post for once I'm right on the matter 😉
[Post edited 27 May 2017 18:25]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:25 - May 27 with 728 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:24 - May 27 by waynekerr55

Yes, she's so shìt at lying anyone can see through her. She swept to power despite being pro remain...

Conservatives = pro business, anti state. Despite the semantics of your post for once I'm right on the matter 😉

So your statement about "knowing where you are with the Tories" is in fact, by your own admission, complete bobbins.

Thanks for confirming.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 18:26]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:28 - May 27 with 721 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:25 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

So your statement about "knowing where you are with the Tories" is in fact, by your own admission, complete bobbins.

Thanks for confirming.

I thought it would be along you know where you are with them.......arse in air waiting for entry. At least they tell you straight up :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:35 - May 27 with 718 viewsKilkennyjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:42 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

There is some serious rewriting of events going on isn't there.

Anyone that believe that Corbyn didn't support the IRA really knows nothing about the whole atmosphere of North London left wing politics in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Heavily influenced by a large, vocal North London Irish community, they were fervent supporters of the aims of the IRA. They may not have agreed with the bombing of innocents, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker or something which caused their support to waver. It was seen as 'collateral damage' in a just war, in much the same way as huge numbers of Tories see the killing of innocents in Iraq, Syria or wherever in the same way. Regrettable, but not something they lose much sleep over, and certainly not something that makes them question their support for the cause.

The leadership of the IRA were brought to the negotiating table because they realised that they couldn't win an armed struggle. So negotiation was all they had left.

Governments had been talking to them for years. There were plenty of clandestine meetings and facilitated discussions, at the top levels of government, across all parties. But Corbyn wasn't part of that. He was far too low ranking to be given any negotiating role. It's a complete fallacy to now claim responsibility for any part of the peace process.

Vote for him, don't vote for him, but stop rewriting history. Just admit that your support for him (or hatred of the alternative) is such that his support of the IRA is not a deal breaker for you.

And that goes for people like Darran as well. You can't claim any moral high ground about 'not liking him' while voting for him. Again, it's not a deal breaker for you.

Conversely, some of the nonsense spouted on the other side is equally fictional. Corbyn didn't say that it was our fault that Manchester happened. He said that our foreign policy has been a contributor. And it has. It doesn't shape the aims of the IS leadership (which is power and money and land), but it helps the narrative that they can sell to brainwashed evil little nonentities who they persuade to blow themselves up. It helps them see their 'war' as just.

This entire election is littered with falsehood, soundbite, out and out lies, uncosted or badly costed manifesto promises that will never be delivered and treating the electorate as imbeciles. It's a bloody embarrassment to everyone, on all sides, aided and abetted by our largely atrocious media.

Can't wait for it to be over. Shame on all their houses.

I think the Brexit vote had even more lies.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:49 - May 27 with 709 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:25 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks for confirming.

History tells us that no, it's not bobbins. Look at the bigger picture and you know we agree on the matter. Stop sitting there smiling waiting for me to bite mun 😉😂

Actions speak louder than words spring to mind with our Bullingdon boys...
[Post edited 27 May 2017 18:55]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:03 - May 27 with 701 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:35 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

I think the Brexit vote had even more lies.

Possibly. All really function of the same woeful trend in politics.

Doesn't seem possible any longer for there to be sensible conversations about anything political,
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:03]
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:03 - May 27 with 697 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:49 - May 27 by waynekerr55

History tells us that no, it's not bobbins. Look at the bigger picture and you know we agree on the matter. Stop sitting there smiling waiting for me to bite mun 😉😂

Actions speak louder than words spring to mind with our Bullingdon boys...
[Post edited 27 May 2017 18:55]

I can honestly say that there aren't many statements I agree with less than "at least you know where you are with the Tories". And that's not me looking for any kind of bite. It's a nonsensical statement and history shows THAT to be true.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:05]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:07 - May 27 with 691 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:03 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Possibly. All really function of the same woeful trend in politics.

Doesn't seem possible any longer for there to be sensible conversations about anything political,
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:03]

True. It's a sad indictment that almost everything mailed, all the media/adverts focus on how bad the opposition is, rather than what they themselves bring to the table. I don't particularly want the lesser of two evils being the justiifcation for my vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:09 - May 27 with 686 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:07 - May 27 by swanjackal

True. It's a sad indictment that almost everything mailed, all the media/adverts focus on how bad the opposition is, rather than what they themselves bring to the table. I don't particularly want the lesser of two evils being the justiifcation for my vote.

I agree with you.

It's all negative. The entire conservative campaign has been based on it.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:13 - May 27 with 679 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:09 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you.

It's all negative. The entire conservative campaign has been based on it.

The local labour stuff hasn't been any different here, have not had any conservative stuff yet, which is odd being the closest seat last election.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:17 - May 27 with 677 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:13 - May 27 by swanjackal

The local labour stuff hasn't been any different here, have not had any conservative stuff yet, which is odd being the closest seat last election.

I've had one Tory leaflet through the door. It had variations on the words "strong and stable" all through it. I have a feeling they're rethinking that strategy now seeing as their leader has proved to be the very opposite of strong and stable.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:39 - May 27 with 654 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:03 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

I can honestly say that there aren't many statements I agree with less than "at least you know where you are with the Tories". And that's not me looking for any kind of bite. It's a nonsensical statement and history shows THAT to be true.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 19:05]

So you disagree with the notion that a vote for conservatives during Thatcher and the preceding years isn't a vote for unfettered capitalism and the very worst of neo-liberalism?

I'm not talking about minutiae and backtracks mun 😉

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:42 - May 27 with 648 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:28 - May 27 by swanjackal

I thought it would be along you know where you are with them.......arse in air waiting for entry. At least they tell you straight up :P

Precisely - take the crumbs we give you and scramble through the shìt...

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:46 - May 27 with 642 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:42 - May 27 by waynekerr55

Precisely - take the crumbs we give you and scramble through the shìt...

A mantra well drilled into Richard Gere's hamster.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:48 - May 27 with 636 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:46 - May 27 by swanjackal

A mantra well drilled into Richard Gere's hamster.

Allegedly...😂😂😂😂

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:51 - May 27 with 631 viewsDJack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 18:24 - May 27 by waynekerr55

"Conservatives= pro business, anti state" !!

Have you not seen the surveillance state laws that she is pushing? The Stasi look inept in comparison.

#deluded, #prayforwayne

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 20:13 - May 27 with 610 viewswaynekerr55

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 19:51 - May 27 by DJack

"Conservatives= pro business, anti state" !!

Have you not seen the surveillance state laws that she is pushing? The Stasi look inept in comparison.

#deluded, #prayforwayne

Anti state ownership. As demonstrated by the east coast mainline that was 'nationalised' and making a profit for the tax payer , yet was farmed out immediately.

Do you know what,I actually agree with some of Labour's policies, instead of their childish Locomotive Islington approach why not tighten up the tax laws. Pretending to be a second hand car salesman or charging huge royalties on coffee beans is evasion. Tighten those laws up, come down hard on people and incentivise business to come to Britain.

Convienent how those on 80k per year will be slammed, whilst comrade Jeremy's chums will not be clobbered on their 74k plus lavish expenses and subsidised food and drink, hey?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 20:30 - May 27 with 597 viewsDJack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 20:13 - May 27 by waynekerr55

Anti state ownership. As demonstrated by the east coast mainline that was 'nationalised' and making a profit for the tax payer , yet was farmed out immediately.

Do you know what,I actually agree with some of Labour's policies, instead of their childish Locomotive Islington approach why not tighten up the tax laws. Pretending to be a second hand car salesman or charging huge royalties on coffee beans is evasion. Tighten those laws up, come down hard on people and incentivise business to come to Britain.

Convienent how those on 80k per year will be slammed, whilst comrade Jeremy's chums will not be clobbered on their 74k plus lavish expenses and subsidised food and drink, hey?

They are all ideologues, few if any actually care for you or I. It's their career pushing g their own values irrespective of the wishes of the people. Personally I would rather gnaw on my own testicles than vote for the Labour party but I live in North Gower so it has to be Labour in an attempt to stop the "authoritarian" party.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 21:36 - May 27 with 573 viewsTheResurrection

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:42 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

There is some serious rewriting of events going on isn't there.

Anyone that believe that Corbyn didn't support the IRA really knows nothing about the whole atmosphere of North London left wing politics in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Heavily influenced by a large, vocal North London Irish community, they were fervent supporters of the aims of the IRA. They may not have agreed with the bombing of innocents, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker or something which caused their support to waver. It was seen as 'collateral damage' in a just war, in much the same way as huge numbers of Tories see the killing of innocents in Iraq, Syria or wherever in the same way. Regrettable, but not something they lose much sleep over, and certainly not something that makes them question their support for the cause.

The leadership of the IRA were brought to the negotiating table because they realised that they couldn't win an armed struggle. So negotiation was all they had left.

Governments had been talking to them for years. There were plenty of clandestine meetings and facilitated discussions, at the top levels of government, across all parties. But Corbyn wasn't part of that. He was far too low ranking to be given any negotiating role. It's a complete fallacy to now claim responsibility for any part of the peace process.

Vote for him, don't vote for him, but stop rewriting history. Just admit that your support for him (or hatred of the alternative) is such that his support of the IRA is not a deal breaker for you.

And that goes for people like Darran as well. You can't claim any moral high ground about 'not liking him' while voting for him. Again, it's not a deal breaker for you.

Conversely, some of the nonsense spouted on the other side is equally fictional. Corbyn didn't say that it was our fault that Manchester happened. He said that our foreign policy has been a contributor. And it has. It doesn't shape the aims of the IS leadership (which is power and money and land), but it helps the narrative that they can sell to brainwashed evil little nonentities who they persuade to blow themselves up. It helps them see their 'war' as just.

This entire election is littered with falsehood, soundbite, out and out lies, uncosted or badly costed manifesto promises that will never be delivered and treating the electorate as imbeciles. It's a bloody embarrassment to everyone, on all sides, aided and abetted by our largely atrocious media.

Can't wait for it to be over. Shame on all their houses.

I know you're getting on a bit now but were you in London in the 70's and 80's to get that feel yourself? And are you really in a position to speak so candidly on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of North Londoner's, be them from the Irish Community or otherwise?

Supporting a united Ireland after its political annexation by Imperial GB isn't the same as "supporting the IRA"

Are you seriously trying to implicate him in encouraging a terrorist bombing campaign?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 22:21 - May 27 with 556 viewslonglostjack

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 21:36 - May 27 by TheResurrection

I know you're getting on a bit now but were you in London in the 70's and 80's to get that feel yourself? And are you really in a position to speak so candidly on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of North Londoner's, be them from the Irish Community or otherwise?

Supporting a united Ireland after its political annexation by Imperial GB isn't the same as "supporting the IRA"

Are you seriously trying to implicate him in encouraging a terrorist bombing campaign?

I lived in London in those days. Was in a pub in Tooting Bec for example when a can was passed around for the boys. Lisa is right. Kilburn was the centre, there was an underlying sense of sympathy with the cause, not necessarily the means , because of the injustice that was felt. Corbyn would have been a typical student type activist fighting for the "underdog" and may well have stepped over the line with his enthusiasm. But that's how it was then. Wasn't only the Irish question was also the Brixton riots. Interesting times they were. Now we have Facebook.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 00:23 - May 28 with 529 viewsTheResurrection

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 22:21 - May 27 by longlostjack

I lived in London in those days. Was in a pub in Tooting Bec for example when a can was passed around for the boys. Lisa is right. Kilburn was the centre, there was an underlying sense of sympathy with the cause, not necessarily the means , because of the injustice that was felt. Corbyn would have been a typical student type activist fighting for the "underdog" and may well have stepped over the line with his enthusiasm. But that's how it was then. Wasn't only the Irish question was also the Brixton riots. Interesting times they were. Now we have Facebook.

She used the term "support the IRA" - maybe he was sympathetic to the Republican cause and a united Ireland but that's a whole world of difference to supporting a terrorist group.

And I agree wholeheartedly that he chooses to be on the left side of the plucky underdog against imperialistic oppressors, and would have been a lot more "enthusiastic" as a younger man, but I don't believe for one minute that he crossed any serious lines to trouble his conscience.

And maybe I need this explained to me but how would "supporting the IRA" have benefitted Jeremy Corbyn anyway?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024