Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo 11:24 - May 20 with 10048 viewsperchrockjack

Fail to how anyone could vote for either

Still.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:31 - May 27 with 767 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:24 - May 27 by Darran

Yes or no?

Are you two role playing last nights question session?

I'm getting deja vu :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:34 - May 27 with 754 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn supports a united ireland

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:35 - May 27 with 749 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:31 - May 27 by swanjackal

Are you two role playing last nights question session?

I'm getting deja vu :P

People are in denial I don't like that. By all means get the Tory scum out but don't deny the past.

Oh and no I'm not.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:35 - May 27 with 748 viewsEbo

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:24 - May 27 by Darran

Yes or no?

No.
As I said, negotiating for peace is not supporting the IRA

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:36 - May 27 with 743 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:34 - May 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn supports a united ireland

He supports a united world Tom but I'm not convinced he's living in the real one.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 14:36]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:36 - May 27 with 738 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:35 - May 27 by Ebo

No.
As I said, negotiating for peace is not supporting the IRA

Nonsense.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:42 - May 27 with 731 viewsswanjackal

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:35 - May 27 by Darran

People are in denial I don't like that. By all means get the Tory scum out but don't deny the past.

Oh and no I'm not.

I agree whole heartedly about the denial part. Objectivity is not a strong trait of many, especially at the far ends of the political spectrum.

I found it bizarre this morning reading some comments on Corbyn's performance last night. Some saying he is an honest man and he stands up for his beliefs, and it shone through. All I took from the interview was the guy refused to give a straight answer, not really a trait I'd associate with an honest person, and defintiely not one of a person who actually stands by his own convictions.

Yes the May one was a shocker for her, but so was this one for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:44 - May 27 with 726 viewsDarran

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:42 - May 27 by swanjackal

I agree whole heartedly about the denial part. Objectivity is not a strong trait of many, especially at the far ends of the political spectrum.

I found it bizarre this morning reading some comments on Corbyn's performance last night. Some saying he is an honest man and he stands up for his beliefs, and it shone through. All I took from the interview was the guy refused to give a straight answer, not really a trait I'd associate with an honest person, and defintiely not one of a person who actually stands by his own convictions.

Yes the May one was a shocker for her, but so was this one for him.

I couldn't agree more Sir.

Login to get fewer ads

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:44 - May 27 with 727 viewsperchrockjack

Negotiating!

United Ireland

Who wants that

Who wanted that

What about those who did not as they were the ones who were targeted.

Corbyn knew full well of IRA tactics ,as did Ken Livingstone

To consider these people before our own is deeply sickening

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:51 - May 27 with 723 viewsraynor94

At least 13 times since 9/11, he has opposed implementation of laws designed to prevent terror, sorry I could never trust him or his sidekicks Abbott and McDonnell

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:59 - May 27 with 715 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:51 - May 27 by raynor94

At least 13 times since 9/11, he has opposed implementation of laws designed to prevent terror, sorry I could never trust him or his sidekicks Abbott and McDonnell

If I was an MP through those years I'd have opposed most of those laws as well. Terrorist attacks have been used by both Labour and Tory governments as reasons/excuses for some of the most egregious attacks on civil liberties this country has seen.

David Davis, current Tory Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, also opposed many of those same laws. Indeed, he resigned his seat and challenged Cameron for the Tory leadership on that basis. It wasn't solely "lefties" who opposed such laws and to claim or imply that those who opposed them were in some way supporters of terrorism is just plain wrong.

Poll: Tory leader

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:08 - May 27 with 701 viewsraynor94

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 14:59 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

If I was an MP through those years I'd have opposed most of those laws as well. Terrorist attacks have been used by both Labour and Tory governments as reasons/excuses for some of the most egregious attacks on civil liberties this country has seen.

David Davis, current Tory Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, also opposed many of those same laws. Indeed, he resigned his seat and challenged Cameron for the Tory leadership on that basis. It wasn't solely "lefties" who opposed such laws and to claim or imply that those who opposed them were in some way supporters of terrorism is just plain wrong.

I bow to your superior knowledge, I have been reading Mail online this morning

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:42 - May 27 with 680 viewslondonlisa2001

There is some serious rewriting of events going on isn't there.

Anyone that believe that Corbyn didn't support the IRA really knows nothing about the whole atmosphere of North London left wing politics in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Heavily influenced by a large, vocal North London Irish community, they were fervent supporters of the aims of the IRA. They may not have agreed with the bombing of innocents, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker or something which caused their support to waver. It was seen as 'collateral damage' in a just war, in much the same way as huge numbers of Tories see the killing of innocents in Iraq, Syria or wherever in the same way. Regrettable, but not something they lose much sleep over, and certainly not something that makes them question their support for the cause.

The leadership of the IRA were brought to the negotiating table because they realised that they couldn't win an armed struggle. So negotiation was all they had left.

Governments had been talking to them for years. There were plenty of clandestine meetings and facilitated discussions, at the top levels of government, across all parties. But Corbyn wasn't part of that. He was far too low ranking to be given any negotiating role. It's a complete fallacy to now claim responsibility for any part of the peace process.

Vote for him, don't vote for him, but stop rewriting history. Just admit that your support for him (or hatred of the alternative) is such that his support of the IRA is not a deal breaker for you.

And that goes for people like Darran as well. You can't claim any moral high ground about 'not liking him' while voting for him. Again, it's not a deal breaker for you.

Conversely, some of the nonsense spouted on the other side is equally fictional. Corbyn didn't say that it was our fault that Manchester happened. He said that our foreign policy has been a contributor. And it has. It doesn't shape the aims of the IS leadership (which is power and money and land), but it helps the narrative that they can sell to brainwashed evil little nonentities who they persuade to blow themselves up. It helps them see their 'war' as just.

This entire election is littered with falsehood, soundbite, out and out lies, uncosted or badly costed manifesto promises that will never be delivered and treating the electorate as imbeciles. It's a bloody embarrassment to everyone, on all sides, aided and abetted by our largely atrocious media.

Can't wait for it to be over. Shame on all their houses.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:48 - May 27 with 666 viewsLohengrin

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:42 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Anyone that believe that Corbyn didn't support the IRA really knows nothing about the whole atmosphere of North London left wing politics in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Heavily influenced by a large, vocal North London Irish community, they were fervent supporters of the aims of the IRA. They may not have agreed with the bombing of innocents, but it certainly wasn't a deal breaker or something which caused their support to waver. It was seen as 'collateral damage' in a just war, in much the same way as huge numbers of Tories see the killing of innocents in Iraq, Syria or wherever in the same way. Regrettable, but not something they lose much sleep over, and certainly not something that makes them question their support for the cause.

The leadership of the IRA were brought to the negotiating table because they realised that they couldn't win an armed struggle. So negotiation was all they had left.

Governments had been talking to them for years. There were plenty of clandestine meetings and facilitated discussions, at the top levels of government, across all parties. But Corbyn wasn't part of that. He was far too low ranking to be given any negotiating role. It's a complete fallacy to now claim responsibility for any part of the peace process.

Vote for him, don't vote for him, but stop rewriting history. Just admit that your support for him (or hatred of the alternative) is such that his support of the IRA is not a deal breaker for you.

And that goes for people like Darran as well. You can't claim any moral high ground about 'not liking him' while voting for him. Again, it's not a deal breaker for you.

Conversely, some of the nonsense spouted on the other side is equally fictional. Corbyn didn't say that it was our fault that Manchester happened. He said that our foreign policy has been a contributor. And it has. It doesn't shape the aims of the IS leadership (which is power and money and land), but it helps the narrative that they can sell to brainwashed evil little nonentities who they persuade to blow themselves up. It helps them see their 'war' as just.

This entire election is littered with falsehood, soundbite, out and out lies, uncosted or badly costed manifesto promises that will never be delivered and treating the electorate as imbeciles. It's a bloody embarrassment to everyone, on all sides, aided and abetted by our largely atrocious media.

...and breathe

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:50 - May 27 with 660 viewsswanjackal

I agree with most of that, apart from Darran isn't voting for Corbyn ;)

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:50 - May 27 with 659 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boom.

If you'll pardon the pun.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:51 - May 27 with 658 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:48 - May 27 by Lohengrin

...and breathe

Indeed.

I spent last night shouting at the television, with Boris Johnson receiving the main brunt of my largely x-rated ranting.

Never been so p*ssed off with the whole lot of them.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:53 - May 27 with 646 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well I'm still chuckling at Michael Fallon, who is one of the most disagreeable people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter (albeit briefly). His humiliation on C4 news gave me a real belly laugh.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 15:57]

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:59 - May 27 with 637 viewsLohengrin

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:51 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Indeed.

I spent last night shouting at the television, with Boris Johnson receiving the main brunt of my largely x-rated ranting.

Never been so p*ssed off with the whole lot of them.

There are plenty sick of the whole charade, Lisa. We're the same age and I doubt either of us can recall a time when the political scene was so bereft of talent or ability.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:09 - May 27 with 621 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 15:59 - May 27 by Lohengrin

There are plenty sick of the whole charade, Lisa. We're the same age and I doubt either of us can recall a time when the political scene was so bereft of talent or ability.

There doesn't even seem to be any talent coming up behind them.

We've reached the situation that the increasing dominance of the career politician (on all sides) was, I suppose, always going to produce. A bunch of unprincipled, unthinking mediocrities delivering sound bites without any shred of substance.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:13 - May 27 with 615 viewswaynekerr55

👌👍

I shan't be voting red or blue. I can't back the hard Brexit Tories nor can I back any party that is led by a man who trusts Diane Abbott to deliver.

Shame, as the labour candidate was a headteacher in Camden. A guy was handing flyers out for the conservatives on the concourse to Hitchin station but was moved on by a member of rail staff. I could just imagine the chuckles that would have been had on here by some 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:18 - May 27 with 612 viewslondonlisa2001

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:13 - May 27 by waynekerr55

👌👍

I shan't be voting red or blue. I can't back the hard Brexit Tories nor can I back any party that is led by a man who trusts Diane Abbott to deliver.

Shame, as the labour candidate was a headteacher in Camden. A guy was handing flyers out for the conservatives on the concourse to Hitchin station but was moved on by a member of rail staff. I could just imagine the chuckles that would have been had on here by some 😂😂😂😂

Nor will I.

The problem I had / have, is that I'm in a straight Tory / Labour shootout seat. But after much thought, I've decided that I'm just going to vote for the party whose manifesto most resonates with me, and, although I don't rate the leadership, I'm going to vote LibDem. I considered tactical voting for some time, but I genuinely can't bear either main party in their current incarnations.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:48 - May 27 with 586 viewsHeadmaster

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 16:13 - May 27 by waynekerr55

👌👍

Diane Abbott again? Really? I'm glad you're in the luxurious position of not having to vote for either. As for the rest of us, Labour is the only thing that has a sliver of a chance at stopping the real life consequences of Tory policy. This isn't a game.
The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:38 - May 27 with 562 viewsDarran

Mind your own business and none of that is true because Ebo says so.

The Adams,McDonnell Corbyn photo on 17:46 - May 27 with 558 viewsperchrockjack

Why has McDonnell withdrawn his IRA remarks, Abbott stating it was long ago and Corbyn stating it was sein fein not IRA he met. Answer.. To attain power .

You re getting duped friends

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024