Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walking 18:10 - May 20 with 4277 viewsJack123

Best places to park for free, and go for a decent wa nk?

This post has been edited by an administrator

libera nos a malo

Walking on 18:12 - May 20 with 3301 viewsbuilthjack

Penyfan

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Walking on 18:13 - May 20 with 3296 viewsJack123

Walking on 18:12 - May 20 by builthjack

Penyfan

Nice one, I'm thinking more of Swansea area..but I may try that..

libera nos a malo

Walking on 19:33 - May 20 with 3219 viewsNogginthenog

Get yourself to the car park in the lane at Llanmadoc and walk out to the old lighthouse but only when the tide is out

https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/walk/llanmadoc-via-whiteford-sands-circular/
Walking on 19:44 - May 20 with 3203 viewsJango

Llansamlet lake, penllergaer woods, singleton park or langland to casual bay are popular spots.
Walking on 20:05 - May 20 with 3171 viewsJack123

Thanks.. and can I park for free at these places? i did think of mumbles first of all, but i bet it's no good there.

libera nos a malo

Walking on 20:15 - May 20 with 3148 viewsmagicdaps10

Pontrydyhfen has lovely walks going up to afan argoed.

Could start off in Cwmavon and walk up, truly blessed to have such a lovely walk right in my doorstep.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Walking on 20:19 - May 20 with 3133 viewsjack2jack

Felindre reservoir is a great walk up to the top lake.Free car park too! 😀
Walking on 20:19 - May 20 with 3133 viewsSwanzay

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/pennard-pwll-du-and-bishopston-valley
Login to get fewer ads

Walking on 20:20 - May 20 with 3126 viewsperchrockjack

Walk from gypsy cross over to Tycoch or Dunvant Rd.

Or

Cefn Bryn for solitude and reflection

I'm lucky to have a 20 mile coastal countryside from front door

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Walking on 20:23 - May 20 with 3117 viewslifelong

Walking on 18:13 - May 20 by Jack123

Nice one, I'm thinking more of Swansea area..but I may try that..

The Oxwich area is one of my favourite walking haunts, I don't pay £5 to park in the Penrice Estate car park but park for free in one of the lay-bys between Oxwich and Slade.

Walk through Oxwich woods to Slade and beyond to Port Eynon.. great walk.

The walk from Port Eynon towards the Worm is also a great walk, bit more difficult to find free parking but there are a couple.
Walking on 20:24 - May 20 with 3112 viewsperchrockjack

Honesty box in farm car park Pitton Cross

Walking on 20:45 - May 20 with 3076 viewsDarran

Aberavon Beach.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Walking on 21:12 - May 20 with 3056 viewsblackjackwood

Try Swansea ramblers website.They'll have some good walks
. . . and normally from free parking places
! http://www.swansearamblers.org.uk/Programme/PHP/walks-programme.php
Walking on 21:21 - May 20 with 3034 viewsdickythorpe

From the bottom of constitution hill to the top the up to dyfed avenue for the view. I never get tired and it's great for your legs.
Walking on 21:33 - May 20 with 3012 viewsJack123

Walking on 21:21 - May 20 by dickythorpe

From the bottom of constitution hill to the top the up to dyfed avenue for the view. I never get tired and it's great for your legs.

Gruesome walk that.. thanks for the replies.. I will digest it all later, too be frank it's not for me, but I'm going to accompany my lovely wife who has been advised by 2 consultants to start walking... so I'm thinking let's pick a nice place and i will do it with her..

libera nos a malo

Walking on 21:37 - May 20 with 3004 viewsmajorraglan

Park in Briton Ferry near the Lodge, walk through the park up to the top then go on the white road up through the woods to the old reservoir in Baglan. From there go to the look out great views of Baglan Bay the down the mountain to Baglan Rugby club. From there you can walk back to Briton Ferry on the road, or you can take the old "Lady's Walk" back to Briton Ferry park.
Walking on 21:50 - May 20 with 2987 viewsJack123

Walking on 21:37 - May 20 by majorraglan

Park in Briton Ferry near the Lodge, walk through the park up to the top then go on the white road up through the woods to the old reservoir in Baglan. From there go to the look out great views of Baglan Bay the down the mountain to Baglan Rugby club. From there you can walk back to Briton Ferry on the road, or you can take the old "Lady's Walk" back to Briton Ferry park.

Thanks

libera nos a malo

Walking on 21:55 - May 20 with 2979 viewsdickythorpe

Walking on 21:33 - May 20 by Jack123

Gruesome walk that.. thanks for the replies.. I will digest it all later, too be frank it's not for me, but I'm going to accompany my lovely wife who has been advised by 2 consultants to start walking... so I'm thinking let's pick a nice place and i will do it with her..

CLYNE gardens. Park in the car park right by the woodman. Or singleton park.

Hope your wife gets better soon.
Walking on 22:13 - May 20 with 2957 viewsbuilthjack

Park in a side street just along from Joes by St Helens road. Walk up to Joes in Oystermouth. Catch a bus back. Make sure you have a ice cream or two.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Walking on 23:04 - May 20 with 2917 viewsTNT

Park at the foot of Singleton Hospital hill. Walk to Verdi's, Mumbles, and back.

Great walk, and a sneaky Joe's en route.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Walking on 23:17 - May 20 with 2900 viewsCooperman

Walking on 21:33 - May 20 by Jack123

Swansea Bay is blessed with scenic walking. Take advice from your PS chums and your consultants; pick a day and go for it and actually the weather should not always be an influencing factor. Sometimes a good hour in the wind and rain acts as medicine. Parking is not an issue either; just make a decision and go for it, especially if this is aimed at overcoming any medical issue.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Walking on 23:27 - May 20 with 2891 viewsmajorraglan

As has been said, the prom at Aberavon Beach is a nice flat walk and you can always walk along the beach towards the river Neath if you wanted to go a bit further. Mumbles is another good call.

Another option for you is Pembrey Country Park or the Millenium Coastal Path, it runs from Lougher through to Pembrey. There's a visitor centre in down town Turkland and a car park at the Harbour in Burry Port. Both locations are very flat.

If you fancy a day out, park at the International Pool in Cardiff and walk around Cardiff bay. It's a circuit of about 5.5 miles, it's mostly flat and it can be a bit blustery, but you can have a gander at the Senedd, there's also a few dates and pubs on the way.
Walking on 23:30 - May 20 with 2884 viewsSwanzay

Walking on 20:45 - May 20 by Darran

Aberavon Beach.

Is it dog friendly atm Daz, always like exploring new walkies!
Walking on 23:31 - May 20 with 2881 viewsperchrockjack

Instead of driving 40 mls to Cardiff ,drive up through Swansea valley to Cray (Crai) .

Anywhere around there

Walking on 00:01 - May 21 with 2860 viewsswansRus

try a walk across Mumbles hill - park on street in Thistleboon Drive - walk straight on to nature reserve - pass the old gun emplacement and on toward the headland - great views - and much quieter than the New Hampstead village below
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024