Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season: On the Pitch Only 19:57 - May 20 with 2331 viewsTim_Harry

So what's everyone's thoughts for next season?

Mine are more positive than negative.

There's no doubt that this has been our poorest season overall since we've been in the Premier League, but our form in the second half of the season has been impressive. I always thought that the squad was nowhere near as bad as many thought. The negative effect of Brad Bobley can never be understated. I could go on all day about what he got wrong, but we all know all about that so it would be pointless bringing it up again.

All we ever needed was a manager who could get the squad playing to it's full potential and we got the closest thing that we could realistically expect to that in Clement. Some good signings in January made a big impact too. Carroll, Olsson and Ayew all played their part in our improvement. I recently saw a form table from January 1 onward and we were 8th. I think that gives us a good idea of what this current squad (and management team) could achieve given a full season.

Ok, being realistic, there could be some setbacks between now and the start of next season. The rumours about the future of Gylfi and Llorente will cause some concern, but with money to spend I think we'll replace them well enough to still have a team more than capable of being competitive in this division. That's IF they do go!

I'm a fully paid up member of the optimist club, so if I'm being too positive here I'll welcome any views that get me back to planet earth!

Over to you...
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:01 - May 20 with 2316 viewscanhecatchit

I am confident we will end up mid table or a little bit higher

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:06 - May 20 with 2290 viewsperchrockjack

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:01 - May 20 by canhecatchit

I am confident we will end up mid table or a little bit higher

The owners will release money for players who ll strengthen us

We ll finish top ten and get to a cup final

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:40 - May 20 with 2240 viewsdobjack2

I'll wait to see who goes, who arrives and how we play.
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:40 - May 20 with 2240 viewsDr_Winston

Agree with basically all of your points. The squad was never as bad as many believed. A little off balance in a couple of positions, but fundamentally nowhere near the level performances suggested. The January additions were a big boost too.

If we can hang onto Siggy & Llorente and add a couple of players in forward positions there's no reason why we can't comfortably finish mid table. Maybe even have a decent cup run.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:54 - May 20 with 2197 viewsDrGonzo

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:40 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Agree with basically all of your points. The squad was never as bad as many believed. A little off balance in a couple of positions, but fundamentally nowhere near the level performances suggested. The January additions were a big boost too.

If we can hang onto Siggy & Llorente and add a couple of players in forward positions there's no reason why we can't comfortably finish mid table. Maybe even have a decent cup run.

Important that we actually have a go in the cups next year in my eyes. Fed up of the half arsed attempts since Laudrup.

Year on year of surviving doesn't interest me one bit if I'm honest.
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:58 - May 20 with 2182 viewsmonmouth

God knows. Lets see who's on 'The Roster' in August/September.

I've thought we'd do ok the last two seasons beforehand, based on the utter crud that populates the lower end of the league, and we've sailed very close to the wind.

See what the conker can pull out of the nosebag I suppose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 21:01 - May 20 with 2161 viewsTim_Harry

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:54 - May 20 by DrGonzo

Important that we actually have a go in the cups next year in my eyes. Fed up of the half arsed attempts since Laudrup.

Year on year of surviving doesn't interest me one bit if I'm honest.

I agree with that 100%. I'd absolutely love to see us have a serious go at the FA Cup.

The realist in me doubts it though. The money men are only interested in continued Premier League status and the money it brings.

Sometimes modern football makes me sick.
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 21:05 - May 20 with 2156 viewsgiantstoneater

Far too early to ask the question and a lot depends on who we keep/let go, who we bring in hopefully any newbies will have a preseason to help them settle in, both of our spanish strikers didn`t have a pre-season and one only got going around xmas time and the other never caught up. PC has the backing of the board unlike Guidolin but lets hope they back PC in the window. I believe that we do need to strengthen as we are far too reliant on Gylfi and Llorente and the fact that McBurnie was our third choice striker for a big part of this season was pretty disturbing although I think he shows a lot of promise.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 22:19 - May 20 with 2081 viewsTNT

40 points by March would be rather nice thanks.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 22:36 - May 20 with 2060 viewsCooperman

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 20:40 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Yep. The voice of reason as always concerning footballing matters.

It's all about coaching.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 23:11 - May 20 with 2019 viewsDrGonzo

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 22:19 - May 20 by TNT

40 points by March would be rather nice thanks.

I think I have a problem with this thinking. But then I remember that it's Swansea City. We're virtual minnows. Then I remember we once had an identity. Now I'm not sure what the feck we are. What's the point.
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 00:17 - May 21 with 1981 viewsTNT

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 23:11 - May 20 by DrGonzo

I think I have a problem with this thinking. But then I remember that it's Swansea City. We're virtual minnows. Then I remember we once had an identity. Now I'm not sure what the feck we are. What's the point.

You're the Dr. mun.

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 07:57 - May 21 with 1824 viewsDr_Winston

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 22:36 - May 20 by Cooperman

Yep. The voice of reason as always concerning footballing matters.

It's all about coaching.

It's about a number of things.

If a club is chaotic off the pitch then that often translates into chaos onto it too. At the start of the season with the takeover nonsense and the sneaky undermining of Guidolin things were uncertain. Edgy. Eventually putting Bobbly in charge only exacerbated that.

Everyone seems to have been pulling in the same direction since Clement arrived and that's made a big difference (along with the obvious upgrade in coaching quality of course). As much as I want to see the sellouts brought to heel, I'm starting to wonder if a legal bunfight is really the wisest option at this point. Perhaps we'd be better served by using the legal opinion as a negotiation tool.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 08:23 - May 21 with 1788 viewsTNT

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 07:57 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

It's about a number of things.

If a club is chaotic off the pitch then that often translates into chaos onto it too. At the start of the season with the takeover nonsense and the sneaky undermining of Guidolin things were uncertain. Edgy. Eventually putting Bobbly in charge only exacerbated that.

Everyone seems to have been pulling in the same direction since Clement arrived and that's made a big difference (along with the obvious upgrade in coaching quality of course). As much as I want to see the sellouts brought to heel, I'm starting to wonder if a legal bunfight is really the wisest option at this point. Perhaps we'd be better served by using the legal opinion as a negotiation tool.

You're the Dr. mun! grin]

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 09:55 - May 21 with 1710 viewsbuilthjack

I am pretty certain that Clement wouldn't have come here if he wasn't given some guarantees. So would presume he will have a say in who comes in, and given the money to do that.
He is a very good coach, and if he keeps Makelele too, our football will be good.
So I see us somewhere between 8th and 12th, safe by early March.
We need to play our best 11 in the FA cup. With the right draw we can go all the way.
Looking forward to next season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 10:26 - May 21 with 1663 viewsjasper_T

Without major work to the playing squad we're going to have another season like the last two.
Next Season: On the Pitch Only on 10:45 - May 21 with 1629 viewscanhecatchit

Thought 12th position last wasn't too bad for a minnow team in this league, or are we all getting above ourselves again?

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024