Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What if Bradley had stayed? 21:41 - May 20 with 9848 viewsbiggar

Well it's been a superb second half to the season. Incredible that we've achieved safety with a game to spare. Massive congrats to Clement, his staff and all the players for turning things round in the nick of time.

I've been thinking about where we would have finished had Bradley stayed? I'm thinking it'd be bottom with something around 20 points. Anyone a bit more/less optimistic than that?!
What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:49 - May 21 with 1869 viewsJackanapes

Randomperson

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:52 - May 21 with 1863 viewsnierika

What if Clement didnt have Ayew, Narsingh, Carroll and Olsson?
What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:54 - May 21 with 1855 viewsZZoric

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:52 - May 21 by nierika

if Boob had those - he woulda confused the fack out of them too

what do u think, seriously ?
[Post edited 21 May 2017 21:56]
What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:56 - May 21 with 1848 viewsJack_Meoff

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:27 - May 21 by spiderboy

Thats what i was thinking last night in bed.
Seriously.
I was also thinking this morning about it.
I dunno,perhaps it was someone taking the pizz.but i dunno??? Help!!!

What I was thinking last night - are we being watched by some alien race, Truman Show style? We must be fantastic entertainment. Bunch of lunatics we are.
What I was thinking this morning. - do we download the latest human software during the night? Is that why we sleep?

I appreciate I may need to get out more...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

What if Bradley had stayed? on 06:41 - May 22 with 1754 viewsDr_Winston

We'd still have played a shitload better because Clement knows what he's doing and Bradley is a clueless buffoon.

Happy to help.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:13 - May 22 with 1730 viewsnierika

What if Bradley had stayed? on 06:41 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

We'd still have played a shitload better because Clement knows what he's doing and Bradley is a clueless buffoon.

Happy to help.

Would have been great to see what Clement could have done with Neil Taylor!
What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:28 - May 22 with 1712 viewsTheResurrection

I'm sorry to burst the more childish among you's bubbles, but without January and massive signings we were down.

Thankfully the thought of Neil Taylor is now a distant memory but nobody should ever forget how bad he was.

Olson has been a revelation

Carroll has run our midfield and got us playing again

Narsingh has as many assists as Siggy from open play and he's been used as a sub mostly

And Ayew has got us over the line with performances of intelligence, true skill and desire.

One joker on here mentioned "oh Olsson really made a difference to our leaky defence" or words sarcastically similar... well, no, but the real difference between Bradley and Clement is how we set up right through the team and not just defence.

Under Bradley we were completely maverick, the back 4 had no protection or shape in front of them, quite often we were so ragged it was chaotic. We didn't defend from the front or as a team, we tried to get out of jail by leaving it just to our defence. The results and goals against evidenced this.

So Clement has had the nous to realise this and work on it and he's an all round more complete manager who i wouldn't swap with anyone right now, but without January he'd have been relegated too!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:28 - May 22 with 1711 viewsDr_Winston

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:13 - May 22 by nierika

Probably get half tidy defensive displays out of him, like other competent managers have in the past.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:34 - May 22 with 1697 viewsTheResurrection

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:28 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Probably get half tidy defensive displays out of him, like other competent managers have in the past.

No chance.

Taylor is and always has been a lost cause.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:44 - May 22 with 1683 viewsDr_Winston

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:34 - May 22 by TheResurrection

No chance.

Taylor is and always has been a lost cause.

No.

Taylor is and always has been an adequate backup left back capable of doing a job at a push when coached correctly. That's exactly what he was in our first season under Rodgers, and exactly what he was when Ben Davies usurped him. He was also a gobby, arrogant little shite with an annoying, muckraking agent, but that's by the by.

I've got no position to protect here. I was pointing out Neil Taylor's deficiencies long before most others cottoned on. I just don't see the point in painting him to be worse than he was.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:45 - May 22 with 1679 viewswaynekerr55

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:13 - May 22 by nierika

Would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with the constant press releases and stories that have suddenly dried up since his departure. Kinda strange, don't you think?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 8:57]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What if Bradley had stayed? on 08:10 - May 22 with 1649 viewsNirvana

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:45 - May 22 by waynekerr55

Would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with the constant press releases and stories that have suddenly dried up since his departure. Kinda strange, don't you think?
[Post edited 22 May 2017 8:57]

Keen eye for detail, Wayne.

Very interesting, indeed. Even during the worst moments of Clement's tenure with us there has been very little discord. I wonder why?

And to the OP, we would have (edit: definitely) been bottom of the table with Bradley. It doesn't matter about a transfer window, the team looked terrible and the performances were extremely poor. It's not debatable.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 8:20]
What if Bradley had stayed? on 08:58 - May 22 with 1603 viewsSTID2017

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:28 - May 22 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry to burst the more childish among you's bubbles, but without January and massive signings we were down.

Thankfully the thought of Neil Taylor is now a distant memory but nobody should ever forget how bad he was.

Narsingh has as many assists as Siggy from open play and he's been used as a sub mostly

And Ayew has got us over the line with performances of intelligence, true skill and desire.

One joker on here mentioned "oh Olsson really made a difference to our leaky defence" or words sarcastically similar... well, no, but the real difference between Bradley and Clement is how we set up right through the team and not just defence.

Under Bradley we were completely maverick, the back 4 had no protection or shape in front of them, quite often we were so ragged it was chaotic. We didn't defend from the front or as a team, we tried to get out of jail by leaving it just to our defence. The results and goals against evidenced this.

So Clement has had the nous to realise this and work on it and he's an all round more complete manager who i wouldn't swap with anyone right now, but without January he'd have been relegated too!!

Would that be the same Buffoon Bradley you spent most of the first few months of the year defending ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:01 - May 22 with 1593 viewswaynekerr55

What if Bradley had stayed? on 08:10 - May 22 by Nirvana

Keen eye for detail, Wayne.

Very interesting, indeed. Even during the worst moments of Clement's tenure with us there has been very little discord. I wonder why?

And to the OP, we would have (edit: definitely) been bottom of the table with Bradley. It doesn't matter about a transfer window, the team looked terrible and the performances were extremely poor. It's not debatable.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 8:20]

So true. Through gritted teeth, I agree with the alleged comment of the chairman that "managers are overrated" when you have a strong group of committed players. F*ck me, Avram Grant was a slip away from winning the Champions League...

However, when you have a group of players that have little difference to the rest of the league, that's when organisation and effective recovery/training strategies come into play. Bob Bradley was clearly out of his depth on that front, then again there are a number of managers who are similarly clueless who've ended up in jobs far higher up the football chain than us.

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:02 - May 22 with 1592 viewsTheResurrection

What if Bradley had stayed? on 08:58 - May 22 by STID2017

Would that be the same Buffoon Bradley you spent most of the first few months of the year defending ?

What other Bradley then? Wiggins?

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:11 - May 22 with 1576 viewsSTID2017

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:02 - May 22 by TheResurrection

What other Bradley then? Wiggins?

Glad to see you reversed your judgement on Bradley.
Now if you only do that about Gylfi ....perhaps that's a step too far to admit you are wrong about him, even though all and sundry disagree with you.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:15 - May 22 with 1569 viewsNirvana

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:01 - May 22 by waynekerr55

So true. Through gritted teeth, I agree with the alleged comment of the chairman that "managers are overrated" when you have a strong group of committed players. F*ck me, Avram Grant was a slip away from winning the Champions League...

However, when you have a group of players that have little difference to the rest of the league, that's when organisation and effective recovery/training strategies come into play. Bob Bradley was clearly out of his depth on that front, then again there are a number of managers who are similarly clueless who've ended up in jobs far higher up the football chain than us.

Yes, I would agree Wayne.

That first training session video is brutal:

- Teaching/chastising professional footballers how to open their body to receive a simple pass?
- Running around shouting "play from there" with a whistle cartoonishly between his lips?
- Frantically checking his watch while pretty much nothing is happening?

Yeah, out of his depth sounds about right.
What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:18 - May 22 with 1560 viewswaynekerr55

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:15 - May 22 by Nirvana

Yes, I would agree Wayne.

That first training session video is brutal:

- Teaching/chastising professional footballers how to open their body to receive a simple pass?
- Running around shouting "play from there" with a whistle cartoonishly between his lips?
- Frantically checking his watch while pretty much nothing is happening?

Yeah, out of his depth sounds about right.

I bet Bob would have fined him 2 weeks wagers for "not using his instep"

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:42 - May 22 with 1522 viewsjack247

If Bradley was anywhere near a competent manager he would have lasted until the transfer window
What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:46 - May 22 with 1447 viewsWxmJax

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:28 - May 22 by TheResurrection

Sigy has saved as many penalties as Fab this year and he hasn't even played in goal so comparing Narsingh with Sigy is pointless.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:47 - May 22 with 1445 viewsmonmouth

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:46 - May 22 by WxmJax

Sigy has saved as many penalties as Fab this year and he hasn't even played in goal so comparing Narsingh with Sigy is pointless.

No he hasn't

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What if Bradley had stayed? on 21:50 - May 22 with 1439 viewsTheResurrection

Really? They both have played wide, they both play as attacking midfielders and it's both their jobs to create opportunities for us.

Quite possibly the strangest post for a wee while, thats for sure.

What if Bradley had stayed? on 22:17 - May 22 with 1390 viewstheloneranger

Fab saved a penalty by Mahrez v Leicester away!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

What if Bradley had stayed? on 07:09 - May 23 with 1317 viewsNirvana

What if Bradley had stayed? on 09:18 - May 22 by waynekerr55

I bet Bob would have fined him 2 weeks wagers for "not using his instep"

Good point, Wayne.

Just another reason why Bradley was a terrible manager: he was holding Routledge back from moments of sheer beauty like this.

Imagine what he could've pulled off with his little outside of the boot technique if Bradley had just liberated him a bit.

Now to just get that memo to Clement..

(wink)
What if Bradley had stayed? on 08:16 - May 23 with 1293 viewsmonmouth

An excuse for a moment of sheer beauty from Wayne Anthony Neville Routledge. With his instep. Maybe BradBob's a genius.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024