Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge and Dyer - over ? 18:45 - May 21 with 5523 viewsLoyal

My personal opinion is both need replacing.
Rangel I'm certain will progress to coaching, he is intelligent enough. He needs to step down as well.
But Leon ? He has another season and we all know it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:21 - May 23 with 924 viewsHeadmaster

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:18 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Statistically Routledge and Ki amongst the worst midfielders in the Prem this season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-review

But I thought Routs was a scapegoat?
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:27 - May 23 with 904 viewsEasternJack

He definitely has the first touch & finishing of an escaped goat.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:36 - May 23 with 898 viewsjack247

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:27 - May 23 by EasternJack

He definitely has the first touch & finishing of an escaped goat.

Can't argue with that. If we had any credible alternative he would have been a bench warmer this season. You could tell from the early second half substitutions and the fact Clement kept trying others there but going back to Routledge, that he didn't have much confidence in him, but knew he was the best he had in that position.

Obviously the emergence of Ayew has blown all that out of the water. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we sold, but would be more than happy with him or Dyer as a squad player next season. Now we have Narsingh to provide the injection of pace from the bench, we may as well ship the other two out.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:09 - May 23 with 863 viewsdobjack2

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:36 - May 23 by jack247

Can't argue with that. If we had any credible alternative he would have been a bench warmer this season. You could tell from the early second half substitutions and the fact Clement kept trying others there but going back to Routledge, that he didn't have much confidence in him, but knew he was the best he had in that position.

Obviously the emergence of Ayew has blown all that out of the water. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we sold, but would be more than happy with him or Dyer as a squad player next season. Now we have Narsingh to provide the injection of pace from the bench, we may as well ship the other two out.

Indeed montero and Barrow appear to be one trick ponies.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:18 - May 23 with 860 views34dfgdf54

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:18 - May 23 by andypitt56

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-review

Routs one of the worst midfielders statistically. passing percentage of 64%

I tell you what though, off the ball he was immense, kept us watertight. Don't worry about the goals against column which pretty much confirmed we was a shambles in every area.

Footballing Luddites.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:32 - May 23 with 837 viewsjack247

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:18 - May 23 by 34dfgdf54

I tell you what though, off the ball he was immense, kept us watertight. Don't worry about the goals against column which pretty much confirmed we was a shambles in every area.

Footballing Luddites.

Football luddites. Feel free to use it anytime.

You genuinely seem to believe we would have conceded less goals if Montero was playing and that the Bradley era was Routledges fault.

Maybe you can explain why none of the managers since Monk has had any faith in Montero, but you know better having seen a few games this season.

I've never tried to argue that Routledge was anything other than the best option we had. Until Ayew came in, he was. Clement thought so anyway.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:56 - May 23 with 799 viewsraynor94

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:32 - May 23 by jack247

You genuinely seem to believe we would have conceded less goals if Montero was playing and that the Bradley era was Routledges fault.

Maybe you can explain why none of the managers since Monk has had any faith in Montero, but you know better having seen a few games this season.

I've never tried to argue that Routledge was anything other than the best option we had. Until Ayew came in, he was. Clement thought so anyway.

Montero playing, now there is a contradiction in terms! stealing a living from us, and there's still some thinking he contributes something

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 14:43 - May 23 with 758 views34dfgdf54

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 12:32 - May 23 by jack247

I watched every game, whether that being live, laptop, TV it doesn't make a difference. I don't know what would have happened if they decided to use Montero more, I don't think it could have been much worse though. I know you said earlier you're not a fan of stats, and I understand why because they do very little to back your argument up. Only got to read the above regarding where he ranks.

I don't think it was all Routledge's fault, but he was definitely part of the problem though as well as Cork, and I will never agree with your stance on them being in there due to their "positioning", I know I'm beating the same drums but the goals conceded column shows that until Clement came in we were a shambles, and the two guys in question were replaced pretty quickly and things improved drastically.

Genuine question though, have you played football at any sort of level? It doesn't matter either way, footballs a game of opinions, but with comments like "you don't know what you're watching" etc, I would have assumed you definitely have... So just wondering?
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 15:34 - May 23 with 729 viewsjack247

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 14:43 - May 23 by 34dfgdf54

I watched every game, whether that being live, laptop, TV it doesn't make a difference. I don't know what would have happened if they decided to use Montero more, I don't think it could have been much worse though. I know you said earlier you're not a fan of stats, and I understand why because they do very little to back your argument up. Only got to read the above regarding where he ranks.

I don't think it was all Routledge's fault, but he was definitely part of the problem though as well as Cork, and I will never agree with your stance on them being in there due to their "positioning", I know I'm beating the same drums but the goals conceded column shows that until Clement came in we were a shambles, and the two guys in question were replaced pretty quickly and things improved drastically.

Genuine question though, have you played football at any sort of level? It doesn't matter either way, footballs a game of opinions, but with comments like "you don't know what you're watching" etc, I would have assumed you definitely have... So just wondering?

The stats hardly discredit what I'm saying.

whoscored.com

Wayne Routledge - 1930 minutes, 3 goals, 1 assist, pass completion 64.8%, average rating 6.4
Jefferson Montero - 375 minutes, 0 goals, 1 assist, pass completion 64.9%, average rating 6.42

Obviously neither are anything to shout about. Routledge had a much better points per game ratio and got picked by all 3 managers, but I realise we're squabbling over who was worse not who was better. Routledge had a terrible season. Montero didn't get picked.

I played 3 seasons for my local team 2nds and 1 for a pub team about 10 years ago. Not a great standard, I'm sure you have played higher. I only make comments like that when you say things like Routledge covering his fullback or taking up good positions is a myth. It just seems obvious to me. Dyer does it as well. As a follow up to that, do you notice a big difference in watching games in person or on tv/laptop? I go to all the home games and 3/4 away most seasons although this year I only went twice. I find that tv is great for replaying contentious decisions, but doesn't give much insight into what players do off the ball.

By the way, I agree to an extent with your comment about conceding less goals when Leon and Ayew replaced Routledge and Cork. What I don't agree with at all is the assumption that we would have done better with Montero
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 13:45 - May 24 with 634 viewsAussieSwan

They aren't going anywhere any time soon; we gave them both 4 year contracts last summer didn't we?

Should've sold Routs to Birmingham in January when they were gonna pay 3 mill

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 14:57 - May 24 with 599 viewsraynor94

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 13:45 - May 24 by AussieSwan

They aren't going anywhere any time soon; we gave them both 4 year contracts last summer didn't we?

Should've sold Routs to Birmingham in January when they were gonna pay 3 mill

You just know it's close to a transfer window, when Aussie starts posting, I think he's MD10 antipodean cousin

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 14:59 - May 24 with 596 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 14:57 - May 24 by raynor94

You just know it's close to a transfer window, when Aussie starts posting, I think he's MD10 antipodean cousin

Some say that he once spent 76 consecutive hours poring over Football Manager looking for defensive midfielders, and that he speaks fluent Transfermarkt. All we know is that he's called MD10...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 15:30 - May 24 with 573 viewsRancid

Extending contracts means nothing today.All it means is if we put them up for sale the other club might have to pay a bit more due to the contract length.If the player wants out and there's an interested party then being under a contract, new or old, then it changes nothing.

Brendan used it to our advantage if I remember correctly.Can't for the life of me remember how though.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 16:24 - May 24 with 531 viewsEasternJack

Maybe Leicester will buy Dyer

They were sh1te this year without him

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024