Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge and Dyer - over ? 18:45 - May 21 with 5526 viewsLoyal

My personal opinion is both need replacing.
Rangel I'm certain will progress to coaching, he is intelligent enough. He needs to step down as well.
But Leon ? He has another season and we all know it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:02 - May 21 with 3339 viewsheadcleaner

Nope Huw and PC said we don't need any major overhaul and if hue says it then it must be right. I like Angel he seems like a decent guy who knows what it takes to play for the swans,. Personally I'd like how to go and take them with he and whilst he's at it take Monterey, Bartley, barrow and a few others with him. Clear the decks and have a good purge.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:12 - May 21 with 3271 viewsDr_Winston

Barrow and Montero are likely to move on. We'll probably sign another winger/forward type leaving Routs and Dyer as more than adequate backup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:50 - May 21 with 3102 viewsZZoric

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:12 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Barrow and Montero are likely to move on. We'll probably sign another winger/forward type leaving Routs and Dyer as more than adequate backup.

Much more than adequate - they both have our philosophy ingrained

Alongside Leon, this is a priceless commodity to be shared amongst the ranks
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:52 - May 21 with 3096 viewsicecoldjack

Routs- stay.
Dyer- maybe leave
Barrow- leave
Montero- maybe leave
Rangel- Stay as back up
Britton- stay Another season as a 60 min player.

Happy for clement to make his mind up, seems to get an extra 5% out of players and as we all know thats a huge difference in this league .
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:54 - May 21 with 3072 viewsYossarian

Retain both and get rid of Montero and Barrow please Huw.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 00:02 - May 22 with 2840 viewsLoyal

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:54 - May 21 by Yossarian

Retain both and get rid of Montero and Barrow please Huw.

How about retain Montero and get rid of Barrow and Huw ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 00:09 - May 22 with 2821 viewsHighjack

Spend the entire transfer budget on bionic hamstrings for Montero.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 00:11 - May 22 with 2815 viewsNirvana

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 19:12 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Doc, I would love for Montero/Barrow to move on, they've had plenty of chances (too many) and done very little.

I don't, however, know who would want to take either of them on a permanent basis.

Do you? Genuine question.
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 06:44 - May 22 with 2674 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 00:11 - May 22 by Nirvana

Doc, I would love for Montero/Barrow to move on, they've had plenty of chances (too many) and done very little.

I don't, however, know who would want to take either of them on a permanent basis.

Do you? Genuine question.

There's always some mug out there. After all, we took on Emnes and Ngog.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 07:26 - May 22 with 2596 viewsJackfath

Every time I hear barrows name I cringe. Not because of him but because of the east stands chant to try and get him on the pitch. Dear God, listen to yourselves.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 07:55 - May 22 with 2518 views34dfgdf54

Would definitely keep Montero, but it is time for Barrow to move on, not done anything out on loan at Leeds.

Can't really see either Routledge or Dyer making an impact next season, but with their recent contract extensions, they will be apart of the squad in some capacity.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 07:57 - May 22 with 2515 viewsNirvana

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 06:44 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

There's always some mug out there. After all, we took on Emnes and Ngog.

I see your point.

But remember, that mug was the one and only Huw Jenkins. Our hopes are riding on someone being more incompetent than he is?

But maybe we can rekindle this link, if it was even remotely true in the first place:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2450938/hull-want-swansea-ace-jefferson-montero-i

Convince Leeds to take Barrow somehow and that's a big part of our squad's problems removed, and a little bit of money made.

That isnt likely, though. Extremely wishful thinking.

(edit: but I hope you're right)
[Post edited 22 May 2017 7:58]
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 09:11 - May 22 with 2379 viewsjasonbromham

All 4 need replacing.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:01 - May 22 with 2301 viewsmonmouth

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 09:11 - May 22 by jasonbromham

All 4 need replacing.

Not sure about that mate. As back ups committed to the club and good team players and club men Dyer and Routledge are fine, assuming Dyer gets over his injury which is by no means certain. We can't afford expensive bench men, unless it's for critical positions to the team where we can't afford an injury. Barrow simply has to be sacked off and I've had enough of Montero too, but if we were to keep Llorente, he might have a role.

My priority would be at least one faster quicker witted player in the midfield. A 27 year old Leon Britton would be ideal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:24 - May 22 with 2260 viewsjasonbromham

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:01 - May 22 by monmouth

Not sure about that mate. As back ups committed to the club and good team players and club men Dyer and Routledge are fine, assuming Dyer gets over his injury which is by no means certain. We can't afford expensive bench men, unless it's for critical positions to the team where we can't afford an injury. Barrow simply has to be sacked off and I've had enough of Montero too, but if we were to keep Llorente, he might have a role.

My priority would be at least one faster quicker witted player in the midfield. A 27 year old Leon Britton would be ideal.

None of them are good enough. The defensive work of Routledge is just a myth. Barrow needs to just stcik to wives instead of football. Montero is injury prone & Dyer doesn't have the end product needed. Our wingers should be contributing to goals and assists in the team.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:52 - May 22 with 2220 viewsjack247

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:24 - May 22 by jasonbromham

None of them are good enough. The defensive work of Routledge is just a myth. Barrow needs to just stcik to wives instead of football. Montero is injury prone & Dyer doesn't have the end product needed. Our wingers should be contributing to goals and assists in the team.

The defensive work of Routledge isn't a myth, some just can't see it unless it comes in the form of bone crunching sliding tackles. He has, however lost a bit of pace and has never been able to finish. Dyer is also deceptively good defensively. I'm glad people have finally cottoned on to Montero and Barrow. Blistering pace is not enough without a football brain.

It's a big assumption, but assuming we retain our current squad and keep to the same formation, there is no need for so many wingers. Narsingh is there to inject a bit of pace from the bench and get in behind defences playing high lines when needed. I'd say either of Dyer and Routledge along with him would be enough cover for a team that doesn't really play with wingers. Especially if Dan James is able to step up to squad player next season.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:21 - May 22 with 2171 viewsYossarian

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 00:02 - May 22 by Loyal

How about retain Montero and get rid of Barrow and Huw ?

Like it.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:27 - May 22 with 2149 viewsjasonbromham

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:52 - May 22 by jack247

The defensive work of Routledge isn't a myth, some just can't see it unless it comes in the form of bone crunching sliding tackles. He has, however lost a bit of pace and has never been able to finish. Dyer is also deceptively good defensively. I'm glad people have finally cottoned on to Montero and Barrow. Blistering pace is not enough without a football brain.

It's a big assumption, but assuming we retain our current squad and keep to the same formation, there is no need for so many wingers. Narsingh is there to inject a bit of pace from the bench and get in behind defences playing high lines when needed. I'd say either of Dyer and Routledge along with him would be enough cover for a team that doesn't really play with wingers. Especially if Dan James is able to step up to squad player next season.

I made it a priority to watch for this defensive work from Routledge all season and I am yet to see it. Yes sometimes he does get back but if he can't stop the cross then what's the point in him even getting back. All 4 of the wingers are not good enough. Ayew looks good, Narsingh could take a bit of time but yesterday we saw glimpses of what he can do. Dan James is ready but I can't see Clement giving him the chance.

Isn't a wingers main job to attack rather than defend though? That should be priority over any defending.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:32 - May 22 with 2132 views34dfgdf54

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 10:52 - May 22 by jack247

No, it's a myth I'm afraid. You can keep on telling yourself he's sound in terms of his positioning, as you have with Cork, but the proof is in the pudding. We conceded more goals than anyone for the first three quarters of the season, changes had to be made and if they weren't made we would of been relegated, Britton especially, and Ayew has improved us no end going forward and in our third down the flanks.

Dyer is very good defensively I agree, and sad to say I do now agree with you on Barrow, however I would still give Montero one more season personally.

I'm no Routledge hater, he's been a wonderful servant and his commitment to us can't be questioned, found a home here and he knows it, but he is bit part from here on in.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:34 - May 22 with 2121 viewsMeraki

Who do you think we should bring in?
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:51 - May 22 with 2076 viewsjack247

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:32 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

No, it's a myth I'm afraid. You can keep on telling yourself he's sound in terms of his positioning, as you have with Cork, but the proof is in the pudding. We conceded more goals than anyone for the first three quarters of the season, changes had to be made and if they weren't made we would of been relegated, Britton especially, and Ayew has improved us no end going forward and in our third down the flanks.

Dyer is very good defensively I agree, and sad to say I do now agree with you on Barrow, however I would still give Montero one more season personally.

I'm no Routledge hater, he's been a wonderful servant and his commitment to us can't be questioned, found a home here and he knows it, but he is bit part from here on in.

Right, so you're putting our pre-Clement form down to Routledge now?

You don't think he or Cork are sound positionally, but you would give Montero another season. At least you have woken up re. Barrow.

Your last paragraph I agree with. Either Routledge or Dyer as a bit part player. Both are more than capable of it but shouldn't be regular starters. It's what I said above.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:56 - May 22 with 2067 viewsjasonbromham

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:34 - May 22 by Meraki

Who do you think we should bring in?

Some names for you all:

Quincy Promes
Kamil Grosicki
Anwar El Ghazi
Lazar Markovic
Oxlade Chamberlain
Balde Keita
Inaki Williams
Dare I say it Scott Sinclair
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 15:46 - May 22 with 1934 views34dfgdf54

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 11:51 - May 22 by jack247

Right, so you're putting our pre-Clement form down to Routledge now?

You don't think he or Cork are sound positionally, but you would give Montero another season. At least you have woken up re. Barrow.

Your last paragraph I agree with. Either Routledge or Dyer as a bit part player. Both are more than capable of it but shouldn't be regular starters. It's what I said above.

Montero has the tools to be a top quality winger, can beat anyone on his day. Under the guidance of Clement, a proper coach, you never know, last chance saloon though.

Cork I would say was a massive factor in our form unfortunately, our midfield was wide open and we were cut open for fun, the goals against tally backs up my argument. Poor in possession and poor in the challenge. Routledge offered very little going forward, and to this day, do not see what he actually did defensively? One player isn't to blame for our defensive frailties, but as many goals came from down his flank as the other as far as I saw. Also, when you are struggling to keep possession with 5 yard passes, which at times was happening with Routs (and others I know), then at this level, you get found out as we saw.
Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 16:04 - May 22 with 1898 viewsDr_Winston

Was Cork a massive factor in our win at Anfield, or wins against Palace, Southampton, Leicester and Burnley, or the game at the Etihad we could/should have got something from, all of which he started?

Is next season's scapegoat already sorted?

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 16:07 - May 22 with 1886 viewsnantywatcher

Routledge and Dyer - over ? on 15:46 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

Montero has the tools to be a top quality winger, can beat anyone on his day. Under the guidance of Clement, a proper coach, you never know, last chance saloon though.

Cork I would say was a massive factor in our form unfortunately, our midfield was wide open and we were cut open for fun, the goals against tally backs up my argument. Poor in possession and poor in the challenge. Routledge offered very little going forward, and to this day, do not see what he actually did defensively? One player isn't to blame for our defensive frailties, but as many goals came from down his flank as the other as far as I saw. Also, when you are struggling to keep possession with 5 yard passes, which at times was happening with Routs (and others I know), then at this level, you get found out as we saw.

Where do you sit in the stadium? Or are you watching matches on a laptop? Genuine question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024