Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil vs May 19:39 - May 22 with 4092 viewslonglostjack

Andrew Marr crucified her. Doesn't give you much confidence in her ability to negotiate a good deal for the UK in Brexit negotiations - strong and stable? You're having a laugh.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 19:48]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Neil vs May on 20:36 - May 22 with 1006 viewsexiledclaseboy

Neil vs May on 20:33 - May 22 by yescomeon

It's going to be interesting to see what the turnout is amongst young people. I've never seen a social media campaign like it for voter registration.

Getting them registered is one thing. Getting them into a polling station on 8 June quite something else.

Poll: Tory leader

Neil vs May on 20:36 - May 22 with 1005 viewslonglostjack

Neil vs May on 20:17 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

Well she'd have also been coached and briefed to within an inch of her very existence yet still managed to be awful.

That's the worrying bit.

Neil vs May on 20:42 - May 22 with 985 viewsyescomeon

Neil vs May on 20:36 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

Getting them registered is one thing. Getting them into a polling station on 8 June quite something else.

That'll be the interesting bit.

Upthecity!

Neil vs May on 20:46 - May 22 with 975 viewsEbo

I've just seen the press conference where she is trying to defend her latest u-turn. She got destroyed, totally destroyed.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 20:48]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Neil vs May on 20:46 - May 22 with 974 viewssherpajacob

If Andrew Neill can expose her complete lack of substance, what will the EU negotiators do.

The Tories only focus is attack Corbyn,
because its a GE the BBC and ITV have to give Corbyn equal air time, and even though he's a hopeless opposition leader, people will see that he's not the baby eater he's been portrayed as.

Still hope for a hung Parliament and changes at the top of both labour and Tory parties.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Marr vs May on 20:47 - May 22 with 972 viewsWarwickHunt

Marr vs May on 20:35 - May 22 by Lohengrin

I've been a life-long admirer of Michael Foot. As an extempore orator there has been nobody in Westminster, post-war, who could touch him. Nowhere near.

A brilliant essayist too.
Marr vs May on 20:50 - May 22 with 959 viewsEbo

Marr vs May on 20:11 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think he does. Even the best polls still put Labour double digits behind.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 20:29]

Latest polls today suggest it is well into single figures now plus there has been a surge in Labour backing in Wales. I've a feeling this is going to be very close, the Tories seem to be doing everything they can not to get elected at the moment, a if they are playing some kind of long game.

Neil vs May on 20:52 - May 22 with 951 viewsEbo

ouch!
http://news.sky.com/story/conservatives-climbdown-over-dementia-tax-after-backla

Login to get fewer ads

Neil vs May on 20:52 - May 22 with 950 viewsWarwickHunt

Neil vs May on 20:46 - May 22 by sherpajacob

If Andrew Neill can expose her complete lack of substance, what will the EU negotiators do.

The Tories only focus is attack Corbyn,
because its a GE the BBC and ITV have to give Corbyn equal air time, and even though he's a hopeless opposition leader, people will see that he's not the baby eater he's been portrayed as.

Still hope for a hung Parliament and changes at the top of both labour and Tory parties.

Hope as in we hope Messi signs for us next season on a free...
Marr vs May on 20:54 - May 22 with 941 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marr vs May on 20:50 - May 22 by Ebo

Latest polls today suggest it is well into single figures now plus there has been a surge in Labour backing in Wales. I've a feeling this is going to be very close, the Tories seem to be doing everything they can not to get elected at the moment, a if they are playing some kind of long game.

Nine points is the lowest Tory lead so far, one poll over the weekend. It's tightening but not significantly enough to make this what you could call a close election

Marr vs May on 20:55 - May 22 with 938 viewsLohengrin

Marr vs May on 20:47 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

A brilliant essayist too.

Superb, mate I've got a fair bit of his collected writings and biographies knocking around here.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Marr vs May on 20:58 - May 22 with 927 viewsEbo

Marr vs May on 20:54 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

Nine points is the lowest Tory lead so far, one poll over the weekend. It's tightening but not significantly enough to make this what you could call a close election

Leave were 'way in front' before the referendum and Trump was expected to lose. Same polls were saying a Tory landslide not long ago.

I think the tide is turning and after todays events it will be very interesting as to where people are now looking to cast their vote.

Neil vs May on 20:59 - May 22 with 924 viewsJackSomething

Neil vs May on 19:59 - May 22 by Lohengrin

Across the board, we live in an age of British political pygmies.

I'd like to up arrow this post twice. Mods, sort it out.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Marr vs May on 21:00 - May 22 with 922 viewsWarwickHunt

Marr vs May on 20:55 - May 22 by Lohengrin

Superb, mate I've got a fair bit of his collected writings and biographies knocking around here.

Debts of Honour is magnificent.

Theresa May probably thinks Hazlitt is something you put in a sandwich...
Marr vs May on 21:02 - May 22 with 919 viewssherpajacob

Marr vs May on 20:54 - May 22 by exiledclaseboy

I agree its unlikely to be anything other than a Tory victory, but if they make only minor gains it could end up a phyric victory with May fatally damaged.

No undecided voter would have watched her tonight and been persuaded to vote for her.

Vote tactical

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Marr vs May on 21:03 - May 22 with 913 viewsmonmouth

I've been a life-long admirer of Michael Foot. As an extempore orator there has been nobody in Westminster, post-war, who could touch him. Nowhere near.

I agree with that and Warwick. Truth is I actually campaigned for him in 1983. I included him because of his hopeless non-appeal to the average voter. On reflection he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the rest of those names.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Marr vs May on 21:03 - May 22 with 910 viewsexiledclaseboy

Marr vs May on 20:58 - May 22 by Ebo

Leave were 'way in front' before the referendum and Trump was expected to lose. Same polls were saying a Tory landslide not long ago.

I think the tide is turning and after todays events it will be very interesting as to where people are now looking to cast their vote.

Yes all sorts of caveats come with polls these days after recent fiascos. I don't think for a minute the Tories will get the 45%+ the polls have been consistently suggesting. There's a school of thought that suggests the polling companies have over compensated when altering their methodology after underestimating the shy Tory factor in 2015 and are now overestimating the Tory vote. Time will tell.

Marr vs May on 21:09 - May 22 with 885 viewsKilkennyjack

Michael Foot had one hero, a welsh hero.
The great vermin hater, our Nye Bevan.

The man who delivered our NHS.
Dont let the Tories sell it off.

Beware of the Risen People

Neil vs May on 21:15 - May 22 with 864 viewsbuilthjack

She is so weak.
Corbyn would clobber her in a one to one.
I can see why she chickened out.
She will have no chance with Trump, Merkel, etc etc

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Neil vs May on 21:28 - May 22 with 831 viewsKilkennyjack

Neil vs May on 21:15 - May 22 by builthjack

She is so weak.

Correct

Beware of the Risen People

Neil vs May on 21:40 - May 22 with 811 viewsblueytheblue

Neil vs May on 21:15 - May 22 by builthjack

She is so weak.

Starting to almost agree there.

Negotiations about Brexit is a false argument though - May won't be directly involved, neither will Merkel et al. Ditto Trump for any US deal. Negotiations will be handled by negotiators...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Marr vs May on 21:43 - May 22 with 801 viewsWarwickHunt

Marr vs May on 21:09 - May 22 by Kilkennyjack

Michael Foot had one hero, a welsh hero.
The great vermin hater, our Nye Bevan.

The man who delivered our NHS.
Dont let the Tories sell it off.

Michael Foot had many heroes... he wrote about most of them.
Marr vs May on 21:46 - May 22 with 784 viewsblueytheblue

Marr vs May on 21:43 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

Michael Foot had many heroes... he wrote about most of them.

Foot was someone from Labour I actually respected. Disagreed with him, but a great intellect and orator. Just massively out of step with the public, never a leader imo.

The 1983 debacle means he doesn't always get the credit he should.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Neil vs May on 21:49 - May 22 with 777 viewslonglostjack

Neil vs May on 21:40 - May 22 by blueytheblue

Starting to almost agree there.

Negotiations about Brexit is a false argument though - May won't be directly involved, neither will Merkel et al. Ditto Trump for any US deal. Negotiations will be handled by negotiators...

May did want to be directly involved though. She said as much at that infamous dinner at Nr. 10. It was pointed out that she would have to devote 5 days a month to direct negotiations over a two year period. Again shows a terrible lack of planning. Hasn't been much in the press about her direct involvement since.

Neil vs May on 21:53 - May 22 with 769 viewsexiledclaseboy

Neil vs May on 21:49 - May 22 by longlostjack

May did want to be directly involved though. She said as much at that infamous dinner at Nr. 10. It was pointed out that she would have to devote 5 days a month to direct negotiations over a two year period. Again shows a terrible lack of planning. Hasn't been much in the press about her direct involvement since.

Of course she'll be involved. She's the prime minister. Deluded to think it'll all be left to officials. The detail will be hammered out at official level and signed off by politicos but the principles will be agreed by the leaders. Deluded to think otherwise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024