Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread 22:35 - May 22 with 7965 viewsBrynCartwright

This thread is not about politics.

I am so feckin bored with politics.

So I thought I would ask the illustrious members of this august forum whether they are either:-

1. ZX Spectrum or
2. Commodore 64

Hours spent playing Elite on me ol Spec.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 15:12 - May 23 with 1608 viewsKerouac

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:38 - May 23 by swanjackal

Graham Gooch Cricket, Sport of Kings, International Rugby Simulator, LA SWAT, Spy vs Spy, Hardball, Football Manager and its 17 minute loading time, Track Suit Manager......I could literally go on for hous, the list is endless.

C64 for me though. Have an emulator on my pc (as long as with an Amiga one, Mega drive, ps1, ps2,, SNES etc.) for c64 that I use to go back and visit these classics.

'Sport of Kings' was f*cking great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 15:35 - May 23 with 1592 viewsBanosswan

Micropose soccer. Stuffing Oman in the first match.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 18:44 - May 23 with 1562 viewscrackerjack

Speccy 128k with built-in cassette

Ranarama was my favourite game, along with Jet Set Willy

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 18:52 - May 23 with 1554 viewsJackSomething

I had the Spectrum 48k with the rubber keys and a separate cassette loader. So many games, but probably wasted most hours on Gauntlet.

The book Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is well worth a read for nostalgia purposes if you have fond memories of games of that time period.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 21:46 - May 23 with 1505 viewsEbo

R. Tape loading error

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:19 - May 24 with 1474 viewsRancid

Load"" and Enter.

Jetset Willy was always my favourite and could never complete the ''Welcome to Hades'' level.Bet nobody remember that.

Before that it was Manic Miner(same genre and makers) where you could cheat by typing in 6031769 and jumping to any level you wanted too.Can't believe i remember that code after 35 years or so.I also loved Football Manager, Summer Games,Rambo, Atik Attak, Skoo Daze and the Hobbit.

The best games were usually brought out by Ocean if i remember.Half of us had Speccys (better graphics) and the other halg C64's (better sound) apparently.Impossible Mission games on C64 were very good too.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:47 - May 24 with 1456 viewsUxbridge

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 15:35 - May 23 by Banosswan

Micropose soccer. Stuffing Oman in the first match.

Curling shots. Complete game changer.

March Day II on the speccy was a special game though. Still have a game now and again on an emulator.

This thread has convinced me to have a crack at chuckle egg though... Played it last year and remarkably it still holds up.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:14 - May 24 with 1427 viewsHighjack

I had a c64 and vic 20. My parents bought us a box set of about 40 games for Christmas one year. Little did they know one of the games was Samantha fox strip poker. Me and my brother played that for hours to try and get her to reveal her pixelated black and white tits.

The barbarian games were also awesome as mentioned already.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:56 - May 24 with 1417 viewsAnotherJohn

My first PC was a Dragon 32, made not far from here and based on the (more expensive) Tandy TRS-80, with a 6809 chip. Later I had a C64, which was impressive for its ability to use sprites, but which I lost whenit was nicked from my car. After that it was a Video Genie that could actually handle basic word processing, and then a Ferranti Advance 86, which was a cheap IBM clone (or close to that). In those days I really wanted an IBM but the price was always too high. Later I had an Amstrad and then various generic PCs.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:56]
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:13 - May 24 with 1397 viewsskacrazy

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 00:45 - May 23 by Kerouac

C64 for me.
The Spectrum was dogshite, f*cking transparent graphics!

Favourite games, apart from Daley Thompson's Decathlon, which was excellent but knackered your joystick....so to speak, were;

IK+ (International Karate+),
Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior,
Commando,
Choplifter,
Dig Dug,
Hunchback,
Burnin Rubber,
Paperboy,
Wonder Boy,
Zaxxon,
Pit Stop II,
Pole Position,
International Soccer,
Monty on the run,
Batman: the movie,
Robocop,
Rambo: First Blood,
Last Ninja,
Kickstart 2,
California Games,
Rainbow Islands,
Frank Bruno's boxing,
The Dizzy Games (...was a series),
and
The Fabulous Wanda.

Also had an Amiga 500 (later on) and can remember enjoying 'The Secret of Monkey Island', 'Creatures', 'Kick off 2' and 'Sensible Soccer'.

...and a glorious, happy, waste of time it was too.

Some great games there. Add Bruce Lee, Airwolf, Outrun, Buck Rogers to that list.

VIC 20 => C64 => Amiga 500 for me.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:20 - May 24 with 1393 viewsBrynCartwright

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:19 - May 24 by Rancid

Load"" and Enter.

Jetset Willy was always my favourite and could never complete the ''Welcome to Hades'' level.Bet nobody remember that.

Before that it was Manic Miner(same genre and makers) where you could cheat by typing in 6031769 and jumping to any level you wanted too.Can't believe i remember that code after 35 years or so.I also loved Football Manager, Summer Games,Rambo, Atik Attak, Skoo Daze and the Hobbit.

The best games were usually brought out by Ocean if i remember.Half of us had Speccys (better graphics) and the other halg C64's (better sound) apparently.Impossible Mission games on C64 were very good too.

It was Skool Daze Rancid. I remember it well. punching the bully out was always a pleasure.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 14:34 - May 24 with 1376 viewsEbo

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:19 - May 24 by Rancid

Load"" and Enter.

Skool Daze was great as you could re-name the teachers etc. Of course they were all given swear words. The characters girlfriend had a very rude name too :0

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 14:40 - May 24 with 1371 viewsswanjackal

The Young Ones and Little Computer People were two time consumers during youth too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:25 - May 24 with 1344 viewsSoberBaker

Acorn Electron 32 for this nerd.

I wanted a C64 but my old man convinced me this was the better all-rounder and that it would help me in comp.

Well it didn't help me in comp. In fact I used to get laughed at by the other lads for owning one.

Cheers Dad!

AMOW

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:31 - May 24 with 1337 viewsperchrockjack

I have never played a computer game at home,nor would I ever

Utter waste of time

Russ...learn the Flute

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:50 - May 24 with 1331 viewsThursday

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:03 - May 23 by LeonWasGod

Proper old skool on the ZX81 - I used to think this game was great

It was great.
Then Forty-niner came along and blew me away.
Now, I'm playing Batman in VR.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:53 - May 24 with 1326 viewsThursday

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:31 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Utter waste of time

Russ...learn the Flute

Aye, it's not for everyone. Some people, though, just want to relax at the end of the day. Come home from work, slip off the shoes, play a game where they can pretend to steal, shoot, maim, and kill. That's not for everyone, granted. For some, it may be too much like bringing work home.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 17:56]
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:57 - May 24 with 1319 viewsHighjack

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:31 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Utter waste of time

Russ...learn the Flute

Nah it's not, it's entertainment just like watching a film or listening to music, or even watching a game of football. If people find it fun and they enjoy it then it's far from a waste of time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 17:59 - May 24 with 1314 viewsclement

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:16 - May 23 by Neath_Jack

Am i the only one that had a Dragon 32? Or am i the only one who will admit to having one?

Had a spectrum the following xmas, not the poxy little rubber key one though.

first computer game i ever played was frogger on my bampa's dragon32!!

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 18:39 - May 24 with 1290 viewsperchrockjack

The flute is hard but not as tricky as the pink piccolo

After a tough day, thrashing a guitar makes good sense

Gospel music for me though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:33 - May 24 with 1276 viewsjojaca

I still remember the blisters on my hand from playing Bomb Jack. I also remember Footballer of the year and Street Hawk on Spectrum.

I also spent hours on Premier Manager for the Amiga, nearly throwing Amiga out of the window because I got relegated with a team full of 99 rated players. Cannon Fodder was personal favourite on Amiga.

Even when you know, you never know?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:41 - May 24 with 1272 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:33 - May 24 by jojaca

I still remember the blisters on my hand from playing Bomb Jack. I also remember Footballer of the year and Street Hawk on Spectrum.

I also spent hours on Premier Manager for the Amiga, nearly throwing Amiga out of the window because I got relegated with a team full of 99 rated players. Cannon Fodder was personal favourite on Amiga.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/

Get a decent emulator (clotanto's amiga forever), and the right kickstart and you can relive those hazy days if on pc, even can download emulator for a tablet too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:46 - May 24 with 1270 viewsjojaca

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:41 - May 24 by swanjackal

http://www.lemonamiga.com/

Get a decent emulator (clotanto's amiga forever), and the right kickstart and you can relive those hazy days if on pc, even can download emulator for a tablet too.

Cheers, i checked the Spectrum emulator recently. I played Rambo First Blood. Running around black screen with green trees.

Even when you know, you never know?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:51 - May 24 with 1266 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:46 - May 24 by jojaca

Cheers, i checked the Spectrum emulator recently. I played Rambo First Blood. Running around black screen with green trees.

I've got pretty much all the emulators I could get.

So many rom sites too. It's bizarre going back to games you spent so much time on younger, to find they are not half as good as you felt they were.

Mike Read's Pop Quiz was better in the annals of my mind.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:00 - May 24 with 1253 viewsStarsky

Lets up the ante here!
I went from an Amiga 500 to 600, then had the 1200AGA ... Oscar, Delux Paint 4AGA.
Those were the days.
I eventually bought an A4000 and then had my old A1200 converted into a PC tower.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 20:00]

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024