Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread 22:35 - May 22 with 7986 viewsBrynCartwright

This thread is not about politics.

I am so feckin bored with politics.

So I thought I would ask the illustrious members of this august forum whether they are either:-

1. ZX Spectrum or
2. Commodore 64

Hours spent playing Elite on me ol Spec.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:02 - May 24 with 1529 viewsjojaca

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:51 - May 24 by swanjackal

I've got pretty much all the emulators I could get.

So many rom sites too. It's bizarre going back to games you spent so much time on younger, to find they are not half as good as you felt they were.

Mike Read's Pop Quiz was better in the annals of my mind.

We are blessed to have been born to the start of computer games. Kids today have it easy, when we lost all our lives in a game, we had to start from the beginning. I always beat my kids at modern computer games because games were harder in our day.

Even when you know, you never know?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:08 - May 24 with 1521 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:02 - May 24 by jojaca

We are blessed to have been born to the start of computer games. Kids today have it easy, when we lost all our lives in a game, we had to start from the beginning. I always beat my kids at modern computer games because games were harder in our day.

My first gaming experiences started on this.

Anyone else remove the rubber cover on the stick itself and stick it on their forehead and pretend they were a dalek?

I had plenty of training on how to throw games, having an older brother who would literally smash the joystick on my head if I ever dared to beat him at Gary Lineker's Superstar Soccer.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 20:10]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:21 - May 24 with 1495 viewsRancid

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:08 - May 24 by swanjackal

My first gaming experiences started on this.

Anyone else remove the rubber cover on the stick itself and stick it on their forehead and pretend they were a dalek?

I had plenty of training on how to throw games, having an older brother who would literally smash the joystick on my head if I ever dared to beat him at Gary Lineker's Superstar Soccer.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 20:10]

I used to play the Decathlon game on that with a mate and we'd pull the most strange faces wriggling the joystick back and fore as fast as you could.We'd fight over it as one of us would be laughing whilst the other does the 100m dash.We agreed to turn our backs when we were doing it.

Defender on that was a great game and in the arcade.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:24 - May 24 with 1501 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:21 - May 24 by Rancid

I used to play the Decathlon game on that with a mate and we'd pull the most strange faces wriggling the joystick back and fore as fast as you could.We'd fight over it as one of us would be laughing whilst the other does the 100m dash.We agreed to turn our backs when we were doing it.

Defender on that was a great game and in the arcade.

The twist controllers for games like pong and warlords.

Combat and Pitfall were easily some of the greatest games ever made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:25 - May 24 with 1487 viewsRancid

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:24 - May 24 by swanjackal

The twist controllers for games like pong and warlords.

Combat and Pitfall were easily some of the greatest games ever made.

Never seen one of them.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:28 - May 24 with 1491 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:25 - May 24 by Rancid

Never seen one of them.

Came with the unit, or with Pong, one of the two.....my memory is hazy after 35 years :P

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:38 - May 24 with 1469 viewsRancid

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:28 - May 24 by swanjackal

Came with the unit, or with Pong, one of the two.....my memory is hazy after 35 years :P

I remember Pitfall but only had 2 games on the Atari and they were Defender and Track and Field.My favourite arcade game was Phoenix.They had it in the Afan Lido and I spent most of my days playing that and Defender.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:48 - May 24 with 1464 viewsHighjack

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 19:41 - May 24 by swanjackal

http://www.lemonamiga.com/

Get a decent emulator (clotanto's amiga forever), and the right kickstart and you can relive those hazy days if on pc, even can download emulator for a tablet too.

Talking about Kickstart! One of my faves

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:49 - May 24 with 1462 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 20:48 - May 24 by Highjack

Talking about Kickstart! One of my faves

The music was class, as was the noise and motion of falling off the back of the bike.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 23:30 - May 24 with 1420 viewsEbo

This was seen as groundbreaking as it was the first ZX spectrum game with multi channel sound

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 23:32 - May 24 with 1419 viewsEbo

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 23:58 - May 24 with 1412 viewsBrynCartwright

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 00:31 - May 25 with 1408 viewsKerouac

Anyone else play this (around 10 years old), get the comedy, and wrongly believe themselves to be somehow sophisticated

Still looks like fun mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 05:28 - May 25 with 1376 viewsswanjackal

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 00:31 - May 25 by Kerouac

Anyone else play this (around 10 years old), get the comedy, and wrongly believe themselves to be somehow sophisticated

Still looks like fun mind!

Guilty as charged, also had every other LSL made, all the point and click games (including the VGA remake of the first, and the recent reloaded remake), even have the two not written by Al Lowe (not classic adventure style) and not as funny.

I loved adventure games growing up, and Sierra were amongst my favourite series, LSL, Space Quest, Kings Quest etc.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:09 - May 25 with 1356 viewsJackanapes

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:26 - May 25 with 1317 viewsShaky

Commodore 64
- Floppy disk drive
- Commodore colour monitor
- Printer
- ROM burning kit

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 06:02 - May 26 with 1266 viewsStarsky

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:26 - May 25 by Shaky

Commodore 64
- Floppy disk drive
- Commodore colour monitor
- Printer
- ROM burning kit

Dot matrix?

It's just the internet, init.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 09:30 - May 26 with 1225 viewsperchrockjack

No, we were not blessed but cursed as these games do nothing but freeze the brains

An obsession thecWorld doesn't need

Could be why so many kids can hardly communicate or become influenced by the inate violence in some games

So kids, get the fook off that console now, get outside and love life....it's not on that screen

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 09:43 - May 26 with 1218 viewsjojaca

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 09:30 - May 26 by perchrockjack

No, we were not blessed but cursed as these games do nothing but freeze the brains

An obsession thecWorld doesn't need

Could be why so many kids can hardly communicate or become influenced by the inate violence in some games

So kids, get the fook off that console now, get outside and love life....it's not on that screen

Even when you know, you never know?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 11:01 - May 26 with 1203 viewsperchrockjack

I'm sure that if I had the time and inclination ,I could research a counter argument .

So,it's actually good for someone to be so engrossed in a screen ,pressing keys and achieving just what.

Sorry, but disagree entirely . And that s fine

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 11:18 - May 26 with 1198 viewsdameedna

Zx with rubber keys
Dad brought it home from work
Spent hours programming it to print the union jack
Gave it away and upgraded
Rubber keys
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 11:27 - May 26 with 1197 viewsswanjackal

I just realised how many computers/consoles i had through the years.

Atari console, Vic 20, c64 (X2), master system, amiga 500, game boy, mega drive, snes, lynx, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, ps2, xbox360, Psp, wii, pS3, ps4. All those and numerous laptops and PCs.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:04 - May 26 with 1183 viewsShaky

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 06:02 - May 26 by Starsky

Dot matrix?

Started out with a Brother electronic typewriter with an RS 232 interface that could be rigged up to the C64.

Then subsequently **upgraded** to an Epson dot matrix

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:20 - May 26 with 1176 viewsblueytheblue

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 11:01 - May 26 by perchrockjack

I'm sure that if I had the time and inclination ,I could research a counter argument .

So,it's actually good for someone to be so engrossed in a screen ,pressing keys and achieving just what.

Sorry, but disagree entirely . And that s fine

Nah, you couldn't. The arguments have generally been shot down. Only one that has any validity is that it helps the obesity epidemic.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:39 - May 26 with 1173 viewsburty

Atari st and amiga 1200 aga loved swos 94-95 best game had all friends in house all day playing that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024