Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. 00:06 - May 23 with 23226 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: Police: "A number of fatalities" at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Shocking news.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:45 - May 24 with 1073 viewsperchrockjack

Time for reflection ,if some are capable .

Look at the title, the event ,the aftermath ,the consequences forvus all then look at the posts on here and how they ve evolved

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:47 - May 24 with 1060 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:45 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Time for reflection ,if some are capable .

Look at the title, the event ,the aftermath ,the consequences forvus all then look at the posts on here and how they ve evolved

Try fuçking up then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:47 - May 24 with 1062 viewsHumpty

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:40 - May 24 by Darran

So when someone says "
American Civil War 1861 - 1865 (4 Years)

First World War 1914 - 1918 (4 Years)

Second World War 1939 - 1945 ( 6 Years)

Afghanistan (2001 - ?) (16 years and counting)

Iraq (2003 - ?) (14 years and counting)

Libya (2011 - ?) (6 years and counting)

Is one surprised that there are a lot of people out there pi$$ed off with the whole situation?"

What exactky do you think they are getting at then?

I think they're suggesting that Britain's foreign policy may have a bearing on what we are seeing on our streets now.

I can't speak for them though, you'll have to ask them what they mean.

Others will say it's got f*ck all to do with anything like that, it's solely down to Islam being an evil religion.

To them I'd ask why didn't I grow up with this type of atrocity happening in Britain then?

Why did it start in 2005? Like MI5 said it would?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:50 - May 24 with 1040 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:47 - May 24 by Humpty

I think they're suggesting that Britain's foreign policy may have a bearing on what we are seeing on our streets now.

I can't speak for them though, you'll have to ask them what they mean.

Others will say it's got f*ck all to do with anything like that, it's solely down to Islam being an evil religion.

To them I'd ask why didn't I grow up with this type of atrocity happening in Britain then?

Why did it start in 2005? Like MI5 said it would?

Bullshit it's everytime there's an atrocity in the western world people pump out the same old shit.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:51 - May 24 with 1040 viewsHumpty

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:50 - May 24 by Darran

Bullshit it's everytime there's an atrocity in the western world people pump out the same old shit.

Why didn't it happen in Britain before 2005 Dar?

Why did MI5 warn Blair?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:56 - May 24 with 1012 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:51 - May 24 by Humpty

Why did MI5 warn Blair?

I not disagreeing why it didn't happen before 2005.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:04 - May 24 with 997 viewsHumpty

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:56 - May 24 by Darran

I not disagreeing why it didn't happen before 2005.

Fair enough. I'm out.

The people behind this filth are scum Dar. Absolute scum.

There is no justification for it. Nor Westminster, or 7/7, or Lee Rigby. None of it.

But absolutely no one on here is condoning it. And it's wrong to say so.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:10 - May 24 with 977 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:04 - May 24 by Humpty

Fair enough. I'm out.

The people behind this filth are scum Dar. Absolute scum.

There is no justification for it. Nor Westminster, or 7/7, or Lee Rigby. None of it.

But absolutely no one on here is condoning it. And it's wrong to say so.

No it's not and like I said the same old shit is piped out everytime something like this happens.

Login to get fewer ads

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:17 - May 24 with 967 viewsPozuelosSideys

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:51 - May 24 by Humpty

Why did MI5 warn Blair?

To be fair, they were mostly busy blowing the sh1t out of each other and Israel before we decided to get involved. Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan etc etc. Its nothing new.

Movement of people, plus improvement in technology and media amongst other things has just added fuel to the flames.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:29 - May 24 with 951 viewsWingstandwood

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:39 - May 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here's one guy and a couple of million people who got it right.

And by f@ck are we paying for it now with children's lives

He's got a lot of things right

They were told , told and told again .

God damn them

Yep! Where is phony Tony the master of the melodramatic pause and contrived body language e.g. repeatedly placing his hand in front of heart to fake sincerity? Where is he?

Maybe it's the fact he doesn't want to be asked about his part in the creation of ISIS.... Iraq invasion > Al Zarqawi > Al Qaeda in the land of two rivers Sunni (Iraq) insurgency > Camp Bucca > Al Baghdadi > ISIS > blowback terrorism in U.K!!!!

Argus!

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:35 - May 24 with 934 viewsperchrockjack

Never mind what was its Genesis .

It s not the way to redress grievances

It's also no time to worry about the human rights of terrorists..

Again...they are killing our kids.. We need to deal with them

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:35 - May 24 with 935 viewsLord_Bony

So where was Isis before 2005?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:41 - May 24 with 922 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:35 - May 24 by Lord_Bony

So where was Isis before 2005?

Give up what's your point?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:51 - May 24 with 889 viewsMillJack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:10 - May 24 by Darran

No it's not and like I said the same old shit is piped out everytime something like this happens.

There's a massive difference between pointing out the potential reasons for attacks such as this one, and condoning it. There literally hasn't been one person on this thread, or anywhere else I've seen for that matter, justifying the actions of that f*cking lunatic in Manchester on Monday night.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:53 - May 24 with 874 viewsLord_Bony

Replying to the points above.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:55 - May 24 with 857 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:51 - May 24 by MillJack

There's a massive difference between pointing out the potential reasons for attacks such as this one, and condoning it. There literally hasn't been one person on this thread, or anywhere else I've seen for that matter, justifying the actions of that f*cking lunatic in Manchester on Monday night.

Not directly no.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:01 - May 24 with 835 viewsMillJack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:55 - May 24 by Darran

Not directly no.

Or indirectly either, come on now Darran. There is literally nobody mental enough on this forum to justify what we saw on Monday.

I've made my points pretty clear in the past regarding the foreign policy of this country, and our "allies", in the past couple of decades but regardless of any wrongs we may have committed, nothing justifies killing children at a pop concert.

As others have pointed out on here though, it would be nice if some posters showed a little less hypocrisy when simultaneously criticising the actions of terrorists (rightly so) but accepting the killing of innocent people in other countries as collateral damage.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 22:03]
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:12 - May 24 with 806 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:01 - May 24 by MillJack

Or indirectly either, come on now Darran. There is literally nobody mental enough on this forum to justify what we saw on Monday.

I've made my points pretty clear in the past regarding the foreign policy of this country, and our "allies", in the past couple of decades but regardless of any wrongs we may have committed, nothing justifies killing children at a pop concert.

As others have pointed out on here though, it would be nice if some posters showed a little less hypocrisy when simultaneously criticising the actions of terrorists (rightly so) but accepting the killing of innocent people in other countries as collateral damage.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 22:03]

Oh leave it there FFS I've just been reading through the Bataclan thread and it's exactky the same and it'll be the fuçking same the next time.

'I'm not trying to justify it but' is the new 'I'm not a racist but'

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:13 - May 24 with 802 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:31 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Think it's time I ignored you

Sleep well

Good lord, i've just seen this! I make one post disagreeing with you, and you go on some massive insane rant about Dr Winston, Darran, gangs, banter, me being in a dark place, personal vendettas and whatever else! When i politely suggest you leave it for the night, you put me on ignore! Jesus, calm down ffs or you'll end up in straight jacket!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:52 - May 24 with 748 viewsEbo

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 18:09 - May 24 by Darran

So you obviously think Corbyn is the worst possible option then Tom?

Fuçking hell I'm beginning to think I'm in some kind of mushroom trip reading this board.

Talking about mushroom trips, I think some of these vile creatures have been quaffing something that makes them vomit sh*t like this:

Milo Yiannopoulos:
Sadly, Ariana Grande is too stupid to wise up and warn her European fans about the real threats to their freedom and their lives.

“She will remain ferociously pro-immigrant, pro-Islam and anti-America,” his Facebook post read.

“Makes you wonder whether they bombed to attack her or in solidarity".

https://www.rt.com/uk/389597-milo-yiannopoulos-ariana-grande/

Alex Jones:
The Infowars founder called the victims, many of whom were children and teenagers, “a bunch of liberal trendies.”

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/23/alex-jones-right-wing-media-wastes-no-time-polit

F*ck my eyes we have too many nutters in this world.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:55 - May 24 with 741 viewsAquinas

When the right wing exclaim that british born muslims who commit these atrocities are 'not british' they are lambasted by the left. But then the same lefties then go on to say that they are doing it because of our actions in the middle east. If these f**ckers that are blowing themselves up are so british and assimilated , why would they care about what happens abroad?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:57 - May 24 with 736 viewsperchrockjack

By justification of these acts ,one doesn't mean it's something to support but to look for and offer reasons to commit such acts, I e justify

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:05 - May 24 with 723 viewsBytholWyn

Whilst strong emotional reactions, including rage, are perfectly understandable in the wake of appalling atrocities such as the one in the Manchester arena, we really need to be a lot smarter and more thoughtful in our responses than many I've seen on this thread and elsewhere.

To start with, to say ISIS or Al-Qaeda inspired terrorism is any way representative of the Muslim faith is no more accurate than to say that the actions of Jim Jones' cult in Guyana or David Koresh and the Branch Davidians in Waco are representative of Christianity - even though both cults had were offshoots of the faith. No Shias or Sufis have committed acts of terrorism in Europe of the kind we have seen in recent years, and most Sunnis regard the Wahhabist tradition, from which Al-Qaeda and ISIS draw their inspiration, as heretical. This isn't about being politically correct - it's about being savvy and not needlessly alienating a huge swathe of the followers of a religion that wouldn't dream of subscribing to the nihilistic vision of lunatics such as Osama Bin Laden or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Be accurate, be smart.

The tragedy of the current situation is that there are simply no easy answers that will ultimately resolve matters. Yes, we can and should provide more resources to prevent these attacks in the first place. And there are any number of other minor things that may help minimise the frequency of these attacks. But given the ease of getting hold of bomb making material and the willingness of brainwashed individuals to blow themselves up for their crazy cause, it will probably take decades for these disgusting acts to fizzle out. The Baader-Meinhof Gang were seen as "sexy" in some quarters for a while, but thankfully that perspective didn't last. Perhaps ISIS will go the same way. Arguably that's already happened with Al-Qaeda.

One thing that may help to make ISIS more toxic to potential followers is to emphasise the mental illness component to ISIS ideology. It's surprising really that a strand of psychology hasn't emerged that identifies the conduct of people willing to blow themselves to smithereens as indicative of a religious mental illness. Such a discipline would inevitably straddle religion and mental illness - but also stand apart from both (we don't want to further stigmatise mental health problems after all). I can't think of anything that would infuriate the followers of ISIS more than to reduce their ludicrous fanaticism to nothing more than a bizarre but ultimately mundane form of mental illness.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:12 - May 24 with 709 viewsperchrockjack

Certain aspects relating to Islam appeal vis a vis radicalisation

Some how, we need to destroy this crisp about paradise /allahs work

Islam is split into factions all seeing the word of God being passed down differently .

Sunni want to eliminate Shia as they see them as heretics

Future jihadists must be made aware it's all bollox

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:16 - May 24 with 701 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:12 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Certain aspects relating to Islam appeal vis a vis radicalisation

Some how, we need to destroy this crisp about paradise /allahs work

Islam is split into factions all seeing the word of God being passed down differently .

Sunni want to eliminate Shia as they see them as heretics

Future jihadists must be made aware it's all bollox

Assault & Vinegar?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024