Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. 00:06 - May 23 with 23224 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: Police: "A number of fatalities" at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Shocking news.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:29 - May 23 with 1548 viewsdickythorpe

This is dreadful news, absolute evil.

Surely the fight on terror has just got much more serious?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:50 - May 23 with 1479 viewsJohnw102

Manchester showed up major security gap, end of concert/football match etc gates/doors are open, anyone can walk in carrying anything. RIP thoughts with all and families.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:53 - May 23 with 1472 viewsMillJack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:27 - May 23 by Gowerjack

A question.

Do you seriously believe that the action you propose would resolve the problem of home based Islamic terrorism?

And if so how?

No, but it'll make us all feel better. Or something.

Absolutely horrendous news, my son's friends went to see one of her concerts just a few days ago, could easily have been one of them involved. Just young kids enjoying an evening with friends. Thoughts are with all of the families of those affected.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:57 - May 23 with 1458 viewsHighjack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:27 - May 23 by Gowerjack

A question.

Do you seriously believe that the action you propose would resolve the problem of home based Islamic terrorism?

And if so how?

How did we get to the stage where home based Islamic terrorism became the norm? There is no solution now, it's too late. More people will die and we'll go through all this horror every year around Europe.

This is f&cking awful for everyone involved and I'm f&cking annoyed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:07 - May 23 with 1442 viewsmonmouth

Christ, just seen this. Bastards. I'm very afraid this is the new norm, you just cannot defend against insane maniacs supported by religious lunacy.

Poor, poor families.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:20 - May 23 with 1395 viewsSwansNZ

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:50 - May 23 by Johnw102

Manchester showed up major security gap, end of concert/football match etc gates/doors are open, anyone can walk in carrying anything. RIP thoughts with all and families.

Surely it's a matter of time before a big football game in the UK is targeted.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:23 - May 23 with 1380 viewsMrSwerve

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:07 - May 23 by monmouth

Christ, just seen this. Bastards. I'm very afraid this is the new norm, you just cannot defend against insane maniacs supported by religious lunacy.

Poor, poor families.

We're at civil war. This ideology has poisoned our country and it'll be here for a very long time. They won't stop until we conform.

This is the future unfortunately. I'm petrified that I'm going to have to live my life in this country with this being a yearly occurrence.

I fear that this will happen at a Premier League game sooner or later. In fact I'm amazed that it hasn't yet.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:24 - May 23 with 1375 viewsMrSwerve

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:20 - May 23 by SwansNZ

Just beat me to it NZ.

It will happen.

Login to get fewer ads

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:25 - May 23 with 1371 viewsOnslow

Absolutely heartbreaking. Can't begin to imagine what the families are going through. Sadly this has the makings of turning an already toxic society a million times worse

RIP to all involved

She keeps passin' me by...

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:32 - May 23 with 1343 viewsDr_Winston

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:20 - May 23 by SwansNZ

Doesn't need to be a big football game. One or two outside the Lib after a game would be bad enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:37 - May 23 with 1326 viewsgolly47

Such a horrible attack, and thoughts go out to the families of those killed and injured. F@$k islam.

Poll: What was worse?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:51 - May 23 with 1269 viewsOnslow

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:32 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't need to be a big football game. One or two outside the Lib after a game would be bad enough.

Was just saying this very thing in the office, J. Enough times where the queues to get in the ground are horrendous. Piece of piss for something to happen. Terrible that we're even talking over possible scenarios, innit?

She keeps passin' me by...

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:54 - May 23 with 1252 viewsDr_Winston

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:51 - May 23 by Onslow

Was just saying this very thing in the office, J. Enough times where the queues to get in the ground are horrendous. Piece of piss for something to happen. Terrible that we're even talking over possible scenarios, innit?

Sadly that's the world we live in these days. Kids at a concert. People just out doing a bit of tourism not going home because of religious crazies.

As well as the security services do (a lot of work and prevented attacks go unnoticed) they don't have the funding or the power to stop everything. This is going to keep happening and I'm not sure what the answer is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:02 - May 23 with 1202 viewsDarran

This morning is one of those rare moments where I'm truly lost for words.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:07 - May 23 with 1189 viewsjack2jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:02 - May 23 by Darran

This morning is one of those rare moments where I'm truly lost for words.

Me too Dar, haven't spoken to anyone this morning, I feel numb.
shocking news, just awful.
sympathy goes out to all who were caught up in this vile act of evil
RIP
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:19 - May 23 with 1141 viewsPrivate_Partz

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:07 - May 23 by jack2jack

Me too Dar, haven't spoken to anyone this morning, I feel numb.
shocking news, just awful.
sympathy goes out to all who were caught up in this vile act of evil
RIP

Well said guys. I guess we all feel the same and offer our thoughts and sympathies for the families and friends of those killed. The same goes out to the injured and those friends and families affected also. A truly awful day.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:36 - May 23 with 1101 viewsSTID2017

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:50 - May 23 by Johnw102

For goodness sake. I've done that at several events. Walked out, realised a loved one is behind and gone back in to get them. Sometimes just walked back in to use the toilet.
Done it loads of times at the Liberty.
If some nutter walked in like I had and set off a bomb, would you seriously blame those involved in organising the event and providing security, etc ?
The blame for this atrocity and others like it lies firmly with the murderers and those behind them.
RIP to all those poor souls who have dies, and my thoughts are with all involved and their families.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:36 - May 23 with 1100 viewsDJack

A truly horrendous incident and my every sympathy goes to those caught up and those who dealt with this tragedy..

If I'm honest, I've been waiting for this for the last four or five years. A note of caution to the statements of new norms and bombing ISIS. Firstly, "others" have been slaughtering the inhabitants of these isles throughout our history it is just the ideology behind it now that is alien. Also bombing the middle east is one of the many reasons behind the recent attacks on the European states. Religion, poor education , western foreign policy, poverty the disenfranchised and many other issues are behind this.

Knee jerk reactions and/or fear is not the way to respond and there are no quick solutions as the genie was released from the bottle a while ago. We're in this for the long haul...the price of democracy, maybe.

Before anyone moans that it's easy for me to say this as I'm safe and comfortable... I'm currently posting from a Muslim country, safe and comfortable.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:41 - May 23 with 1080 viewsMrSwerve

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:36 - May 23 by STID2017

For goodness sake. I've done that at several events. Walked out, realised a loved one is behind and gone back in to get them. Sometimes just walked back in to use the toilet.
Done it loads of times at the Liberty.
If some nutter walked in like I had and set off a bomb, would you seriously blame those involved in organising the event and providing security, etc ?
The blame for this atrocity and others like it lies firmly with the murderers and those behind them.
RIP to all those poor souls who have dies, and my thoughts are with all involved and their families.

You've walked out of the Liberty and realised you've left a loved one behind, several times?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:47 - May 23 with 1056 viewsperchrockjack

Just picked up on this.

Near to home now

It stinks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:51 - May 23 with 1041 viewsSTID2017

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:41 - May 23 by MrSwerve

You've walked out of the Liberty and realised you've left a loved one behind, several times?

Three times to be exact.
Either they went out and I've gone back in to look for them or I've gone out assuming they were right behind me.
Just illustrates that we should be able to do this without fear that a terrorist may do the same.
Going to a couple of music events this year, where large crowds are expected.
I pity the security services having to search cars, camper vans, etc. It used to be for drugs.
Now they have to look for bombs.
What an awful world we live in

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:52 - May 23 with 1041 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 09:36 - May 23 by DJack

A truly horrendous incident and my every sympathy goes to those caught up and those who dealt with this tragedy..

If I'm honest, I've been waiting for this for the last four or five years. A note of caution to the statements of new norms and bombing ISIS. Firstly, "others" have been slaughtering the inhabitants of these isles throughout our history it is just the ideology behind it now that is alien. Also bombing the middle east is one of the many reasons behind the recent attacks on the European states. Religion, poor education , western foreign policy, poverty the disenfranchised and many other issues are behind this.

Knee jerk reactions and/or fear is not the way to respond and there are no quick solutions as the genie was released from the bottle a while ago. We're in this for the long haul...the price of democracy, maybe.

Before anyone moans that it's easy for me to say this as I'm safe and comfortable... I'm currently posting from a Muslim country, safe and comfortable.

Considering the recent attacks have been from home grown lone wolves what will bombing a dying terrorist cell holed up making a last stand in Mosul achieve?

The people who commit these acts are either "religious" nutjobs or just disaffected loner nutjobs. Probably no connection to ISIS whatsoever. But ISIS will sure as ah*t pretend to be responsible just to puff out their chests and to milk the publicity which then inspires the next loner nutjob.

Andy Burnham has just gone on record telling us they won't win. They ARE winning. Every single life they snuffed out and injury they caused and anger they have generated will be seen as a twisted victory.

I'm so sorry for those defenceless men , women and children that were attacked in such a cowardly fashion last night. But I fear this is now the norm. And the end game (in terms of British society)is too dreadful to even contemplate but that's where we're going.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 9:53]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 10:00 - May 23 with 1007 viewsperchrockjack

No matter who or what has been bombed in the Middle East, British citizens should not be doing this . Our bombing doesn't help but neither does their indiscriminate bombing

It's fundamentalism , it's religion based .

Our involvement in foreign wars does not justify this slaughter

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 10:03 - May 23 with 992 viewsProfessor

Living in the northwest with a 15 year old daughter who likes Ariana Grande it hits home -she could have easily been there with me waiting in the foyer area. The MEN is roughly the same size as the Liberty with a large concourse that opens to Victoria Station and car parks. An open and easy target. We assume this is an islamist attack. Such an attack is an attack on Islam itself. I have taught and worked with many muslims who will be as shocked and disgusted as we all are. These so-called jihadists are lower than scum or vermin but let's not get into the knee-jerk eye-for-an -eye mode-its the reaction they want. Lets take our time, fund our security services, intelligence and military appropriately to cut off the serpent's head. Bombing Mosul is pointless- ISIL are surrounded and will lose to the Iraqi army there.

My condolences to family and friends of those killed and injured.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 10:05 - May 23 with 977 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 10:00 - May 23 by perchrockjack

No matter who or what has been bombed in the Middle East, British citizens should not be doing this . Our bombing doesn't help but neither does their indiscriminate bombing

It's fundamentalism , it's religion based .

Our involvement in foreign wars does not justify this slaughter

superb post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024