Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. 00:06 - May 23 with 23194 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: Police: "A number of fatalities" at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Shocking news.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:31 - May 23 with 1014 viewswaynekerr55

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:30 - May 23 by DrGonzo

Sick. This has nothing to do with Labour.

I think the point Aquinas was making is that political points will (wrongly) be scored about Corbyn's stance on terrorism.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:35 - May 23 with 991 viewsLord_Bony

Don't really think we can blame the security and intelligence forces in any of this in any way shape or form. They have done a brilliant job over the last few years preventing many atrocities from happening.

However, there is absolutely no way of stopping a lone wolf religious nutter working by himself with a bomb home-made strapped to his back from walking into a dense crowd whatever the occasion.

This I'm afraid is going to be on the increase in Europe and America in the coming years. It is very sad fact of modern life.

Today our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. Let's wait and see what actually happened regarding this nutcase and who was responsible before we pass judgement.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:36 - May 23 with 983 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:31 - May 23 by waynekerr55

I think the point Aquinas was making is that political points will (wrongly) be scored about Corbyn's stance on terrorism.

I can't lie,sadly it's one of the first things I thought of this morning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:38 - May 23 with 970 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:35 - May 23 by Lord_Bony

Don't really think we can blame the security and intelligence forces in any of this in any way shape or form. They have done a brilliant job over the last few years preventing many atrocities from happening.

However, there is absolutely no way of stopping a lone wolf religious nutter working by himself with a bomb home-made strapped to his back from walking into a dense crowd whatever the occasion.

This I'm afraid is going to be on the increase in Europe and America in the coming years. It is very sad fact of modern life.

Today our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. Let's wait and see what actually happened regarding this nutcase and who was responsible before we pass judgement.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We need to wait before passing judgement on the çunt that did this?

Why?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:40 - May 23 with 962 viewsLeonWasGod

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 11:30 - May 23 by Humpty

Whenever any of these atrocities happen, muslims do speak out.

They always do. Muslims demonstrated on Westminster Bridge a few months ago.

You always seem to miss them though.

As they have this time.

http://www.mcb.org.uk/manchester-attack-muslim-council-of-britain-statement/
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:41 - May 23 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 10:51 - May 23 by blueytheblue

The "lone wolf nutter" mantra is used to persuade the public there's not really a major problem.

Getting a knife from cutlery drawer, jumping into car. Simple things everyone can do.

Making an explosive? Somewhat different, could have been a lone wolf but chances are it was someone with help, with resources.

IRA scum, you're right - there was a hierarchy. There's a hierarchy within Daesh of sorts - difference being there's no will, no desire, no interest in negotiating despite the claims of some politicians.

I'm sick of the platitudes. Community spirit, extremists don't represent communities, carry on and don't give them what they want. There are at least 22 dead. Start by addressing that fact first of all.

People are way too hung up on "rights" whilst ignoring responsibilities and consequences. How very dare intelligence services do their best to detect attacks before they happen by covert means. Let's handicap their ability to do their job, prevent such attacks in the wonderful notion of pretending we're wonderful with full rights... one side doesn't play by rules, doesn't care for rules, doesn't care for rights. Our weakness is being exploited and laughed at.

Just go on the internet and type in how to make a bomb on YouTube.
Actually don't but all the info is out there. I'm sure this person wasn't coached remotely via Mosul to make a bomb.

Regarding your surveillance point, the way the government are saying it is that all of us should have more snooping imposed on us (that's their desire anyway). The complaint with the Westminster bridge attacker by the intelligence services was he was one of many known names they were watching, but they couldn't keep an eye on each and every one of them. So by watching more of us doesn't it make the risk of these people falling through the net more and not less likely?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:42 - May 23 with 953 viewsAquinas

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:31 - May 23 by waynekerr55

Correct.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:46 - May 23 with 935 viewsblueytheblue

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:41 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Just go on the internet and type in how to make a bomb on YouTube.
Actually don't but all the info is out there. I'm sure this person wasn't coached remotely via Mosul to make a bomb.

Regarding your surveillance point, the way the government are saying it is that all of us should have more snooping imposed on us (that's their desire anyway). The complaint with the Westminster bridge attacker by the intelligence services was he was one of many known names they were watching, but they couldn't keep an eye on each and every one of them. So by watching more of us doesn't it make the risk of these people falling through the net more and not less likely?

You seem to believe intelligence service hang on the contents of every single email, call... reality is, it's the metadata that's far, far more important. Right now, in terms of powers the intelligence service are doing as good a job as they can but are handcuffed.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:49 - May 23 with 919 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If the Tories try to score points over Corbyn over this attack they will surely lose the election, not win it.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:50 - May 23 with 913 viewsLord_Bony

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:38 - May 23 by Darran

We need to wait before passing judgement on the çunt that did this?

Why?

I am talking about passing judgment on certain communities

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:51 - May 23 with 901 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:50 - May 23 by Lord_Bony

I am talking about passing judgment on certain communities

Ok.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:52 - May 23 with 900 viewsDrGonzo

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:49 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

If the Tories try to score points over Corbyn over this attack they will surely lose the election, not win it.

Which is exactly what people will do. I bet they are delighted whilst they hide behind their faux sympathy.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:52 - May 23 with 900 viewssnork44

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:27 - May 23 by Gowerjack

A question.

Do you seriously believe that the action you propose would resolve the problem of home based Islamic terrorism?

And if so how?

These are two different questions wrapped up in same problem. ISIS terror masters are based in regions such as Syria,Iraq,Yemen and Libya and these need to be targeted and destroyed. As for home grown Jihadis the Intelligence services needs to step up their action and indentify them. Anyone who has been to areas in the Middle East, who are known to have visited training grounds for ISIS or Al Quada should be arrested as soon as they come back here and interred indefinitely. For too long we have been Politically Correct not being seen to be Islamophobic, Xenophobic or Racist, because of our Politicians post colonial guilt and listening to the student politics of Corbyn and Abbot we are too frightened not to say the truth as not to offend. The time for this has to stop there are 22 dead human beings, who have been killed because some Jihadist scumbags want to change our way of life. We stood up to the Nazis in the 1940's when Hitler sent over the Luftwaffe to bomb our cities, let's stand up to the Jihadid scum that murder innocent Men,Women and Children.

N.B ISIS has now claimed responsibility.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 12:59]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:56 - May 23 with 873 viewsUxbridge

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:49 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

They won't. Well a couple of backbenchers or Boris might. They'll leave that for the "free" press.

This has sickened me to the core though. Many of us were in Manchester only a few weeks ago, and it's a lovely place. My daughter has been pestering me to take her to an Ariana Grande gig. Little things. Feel so sorry for those involved.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:59 - May 23 with 859 viewsAquinas

They won't need to.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:59 - May 23 with 859 viewsblueytheblue

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:52 - May 23 by DrGonzo

Which is exactly what people will do. I bet they are delighted whilst they hide behind their faux sympathy.

I'm sure some people will predict Tory machinations over this whilst hiding behind their own faux sympathy... right?

You can like it, you can not like it but it's not the first terrorist attack on Manchester. People will connect the IRA bombing and Corbyn's past actions, comments. That's human nature.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:00 - May 23 with 853 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:42 - May 23 by Aquinas

Correct.

Sorry Aquinas I know what you were trying to say. But as in my last post if the Tories try to use this incident or to even imply that Corbyn in any way would allow this to happen because of some misguided smears over his support for the Palestinians then it will rebound very badly on them. I'm sure they couldn't be THAT f*cking stupid. Or could they? I hope for the sake of common decency the aren't.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:01 - May 23 with 851 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Heart breaking .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:06 - May 23 with 829 viewsjack2jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:01 - May 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Heart breaking .

Indeed Tommy, am sitting in work, looking at some of the news reports, gut wrenching.
I still cannot believe what i'm seeing, don't know why, but this has hit real hard.
Those poor people, i don't know what else to say.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:07 - May 23 with 823 viewsDarran

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:00 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry Aquinas I know what you were trying to say. But as in my last post if the Tories try to use this incident or to even imply that Corbyn in any way would allow this to happen because of some misguided smears over his support for the Palestinians then it will rebound very badly on them. I'm sure they couldn't be THAT f*cking stupid. Or could they? I hope for the sake of common decency the aren't.

It's not the Tories you need to worry about it's Corbyns stance on immigration that'll probably fuçk it all up and I'm Labour.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:10 - May 23 with 818 viewsLord_Bony

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:52 - May 23 by snork44

These are two different questions wrapped up in same problem. ISIS terror masters are based in regions such as Syria,Iraq,Yemen and Libya and these need to be targeted and destroyed. As for home grown Jihadis the Intelligence services needs to step up their action and indentify them. Anyone who has been to areas in the Middle East, who are known to have visited training grounds for ISIS or Al Quada should be arrested as soon as they come back here and interred indefinitely. For too long we have been Politically Correct not being seen to be Islamophobic, Xenophobic or Racist, because of our Politicians post colonial guilt and listening to the student politics of Corbyn and Abbot we are too frightened not to say the truth as not to offend. The time for this has to stop there are 22 dead human beings, who have been killed because some Jihadist scumbags want to change our way of life. We stood up to the Nazis in the 1940's when Hitler sent over the Luftwaffe to bomb our cities, let's stand up to the Jihadid scum that murder innocent Men,Women and Children.

N.B ISIS has now claimed responsibility.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 12:59]

Yes and no.

To be really effective in the fight against terrorism we need to cut off the serpents head that is Saudi Arabia the breeding ground and homeland for terrorism. This is where the hateful version of Islam is preached and indoctrinated into many terrorist organisations and individuals through wahabism,they then come back to their own countries filled with hate and this crap belief system once they are converted and brainwashed. It is where Isis gets its funding from.

It makes my blood boil to see Donald Trump and Theresa May flying over there to lick their boots and make our ties stronger, so hypocritical. It just demonstrates that we need their business badly before any moral stance on terrorism.

Until the problem of Saudi funding and preaching of terrorism is addressed there can never be world peace and security in our daily lives.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:11 - May 23 with 803 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 12:59 - May 23 by blueytheblue

I'm sure some people will predict Tory machinations over this whilst hiding behind their own faux sympathy... right?

You can like it, you can not like it but it's not the first terrorist attack on Manchester. People will connect the IRA bombing and Corbyn's past actions, comments. That's human nature.

Which actions and comments are those then? More right wing smears.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:13 - May 23 with 791 viewsblueytheblue

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:11 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Which actions and comments are those then? More right wing smears.

Hardly smears. You know precisely what Corbyn has done and said in the past, not going to repeat them here derailing the thread.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:15 - May 23 with 780 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:06 - May 23 by jack2jack

Indeed Tommy, am sitting in work, looking at some of the news reports, gut wrenching.
I still cannot believe what i'm seeing, don't know why, but this has hit real hard.
Those poor people, i don't know what else to say.

I worked through the night and watched it all unfold .
Having 2 teenage daughters who love their music, you are indeed right , it's hitting home hard .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:17 - May 23 with 773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 13:07 - May 23 by Darran

It's not the Tories you need to worry about it's Corbyns stance on immigration that'll probably fuçk it all up and I'm Labour.

Well if this attack had been carried out (as the majority seem to have been lately) by second or third generation muslims how does immigration come into it?

I know you're talking about the ukip brainbox though here but this immigration could have happened 70 years ago. This is their "send em all back" argument.

Unless we can build a big enough tardis I can't see any answer to this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024