Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. 00:06 - May 23 with 23193 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: Police: "A number of fatalities" at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Shocking news.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:28 - May 23 with 1279 viewsrock1n

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:22 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Let me tell you exactly how this will pan out without the need to consult a crystal ball... firstly you will have a parade of mediocre political non-entities traipsing across our screens saying how there will be no mercy extended to terrorists followed, no doubt, by the arrest on murder charges of soldiers who have walked their talk. Who knows we could even see a repeat of an OC urging troops to "make it a Hell for rebels" only to see those same troops arrested 45 years after the event while 'the rebels' sit back laughing with the leaders of a national polity the troops were risking their lives for.

This society is fractured beyond repair, moreover it has been broken by design.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 20:30]

I don't disagree entirely, I was warning on ja.net years ago when it was unfashionable that we should slow the pace of immigration and stop this multicultural nonsense. As you can imagine back then it was 'racist' - I haven't changed my views much at all and I'm considered pretty liberal on immigration. Work that out.

Bottom line we are fractured, we should have a common unifying purpose. I have always believed in the European dream, for some strange reason to believe in that now implies a love for globalism and multiculturalism. That I find baffling.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:36 - May 23 with 1240 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:28 - May 23 by rock1n

I don't disagree entirely, I was warning on ja.net years ago when it was unfashionable that we should slow the pace of immigration and stop this multicultural nonsense. As you can imagine back then it was 'racist' - I haven't changed my views much at all and I'm considered pretty liberal on immigration. Work that out.

Bottom line we are fractured, we should have a common unifying purpose. I have always believed in the European dream, for some strange reason to believe in that now implies a love for globalism and multiculturalism. That I find baffling.

The thing is would we have had all the refugees migrating to the West - if it wasn't for Bush and Blair?

But then you read this about how current US foreign policy is developing.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-muslim-speech-a774

"Donald Trump’s speech to the Muslim world was filled with hypocrisy and condescension
Sunday 21 May 2017 18:44 BST
So after inventing “fake news”, America’s crazed President on Sunday gave the world’s Muslims a fake speech. Donald Trump said he was not in Saudi Arabia to “lecture” — but then told the world’s Islamic preachers what to say, condemned “Islamist terrorism” as if violence was a solely Muslim phenomenon and then announced like an Old Testament prophet that he was in “a battle between good and evil”. There were no words of compassion, none of mercy, absolutely not a word of apology for his racist, anti-Muslim speeches of last year.

Even more incredibly, he blamed Iran — rather than Isis — for “fuelling sectarian violence”, pitied the Iranian people for their “despair” a day after they had freely elected a liberal reformer as their president, and demanded the further isolation of the largest Shiite country in the Middle East. The regime responsible for “so much instability” is Iran. The Shiite Hezbollah were condemned. So were the Shiite Yemenis. Trump’s Sunni Saudi hosts glowed with warmth at such wisdom.

And this was billed by CNN as a “reset” speech with the Muslim world. For “reset”, read “repair”, but Trump’s Sunday diatribe in Riyadh was in fact neither a “reset” nor a “repair”. It was the lecture he claimed he would not give.

“Every time a terrorist murders an innocent person, and falsely invokes the name of God, it should be an insult to every person of faith,” he announced, utterly ignoring — as he had to — the fact that Saudi Arabia, not Iran, is the fountainhead of the very Wahhabi Salafist extremism whose “terrorists” murder “innocent people”.

Melania and Ivanka Trump did not wear headscarves for Trump's Saudi speech

He tried to avoid his old racist “radical Islamic extremist” mantra and tried to replace it with “Islamist extremism” but he apparently fluffed his words and said “Islamic” as well. The subtle difference he was trying to make in English was thus for Muslims no more than a variation on a theme: terrorists are Muslims.

All this, let us remember, came after Trump had sewn up yet another outrageous arms deal with the Saudis ($110bn or £84.4bn) and the proposed purchase by Qatar of what Trump obscenely referred to as “a lot of beautiful military equipment”. It seems almost fantastical that he should make such a remark only two days before meeting the Pope who in Cairo two weeks ago railed along with the Muslim Sheikh of Al Azhar against the evil of arms dealers.

“We are adopting a principled realism, rooted in common values and shared interests,” Trump told the Saudis and the leaders of another fifty Muslim nations on Sunday. But what on earth are those values? What values do the Americans share with the head-chopping, misogynist, undemocratic, dictatorial Saudis other than arms sales and oil?

And when Trump said that “our friends will never question our support, and our enemies will never doubt our determination,” were his friends supposed to be the Saudis? Or the “Islamic world” — which should surely include Iran and Syria and Yemen — and the warring militias of Libya? As for “enemies”, was he talking about Isis? Or Russia? Or Syria? Or Iran, whose newly elected president surely wants peace with America? Or was he — as part of the Muslim world will conclude with good reason — declaring his friendship with the Sunni Muslims of the world and his enmity towards the Shia Muslims?

For that, ultimately, was what the Riyadh speech-fest was all about. Take this little quotation: “We will make decisions based on real-world outcomes — not inflexible ideology. We will be guided by the lessons of experience, not the confines of rigid thinking. And, wherever possible, we will seek gradual reforms — not sudden intervention.” Now let’s parse this little horror. “Decisions based on real-world outcomes” means brutal pragmatism. “Gradual reforms” indicates that the US will do nothing for human rights and take no steps to prevent crimes against humanity — unless they are committed by Iran, Syria, Iraqi Shiites, the Lebanese Shiite Hezbollah or Yemeni Shiite Houthis.

It was all about “partnership”, we were supposed to believe. It was about a “coalition”. You bet it would be. For America is not going to bleed as it did in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is the Arabs who must bleed as they fight each other, encouraged by the biggest arms supplier of them all. Thus Trump lectured them on their need to share “their part of the burden”. The Arabs will be “united and strong” as “the forces of good”. If the battle is between “decent people of all religions” and “barbaric criminals” — “between good and evil” — as Trump inferred, it was significant, was it not, that this battle was to start in the “sacred land” of Sunni Saudi Arabia?

By the time Trump reached the bit in which he threatened the bad guys — “if you choose the path of terror, your life will be empty, your life will be brief, and your soul will be condemned” — he sounded like a speech-writer for Isis. Apparently — and unsurprisingly, perhaps — Trump’s actual speech was partly the work of the very man who wrote out his much ridiculed (and failed) legal attempt to ban Muslims of seven nations from the United States. All in all, quite a “reset”. Trump talked of peace but was preparing the Arabs for a Sunni-Shia war. The fawning leaders of the Muslim world, needless to say, clapped away when the mad president of America had finished speaking. But did they understand what his words really portended?"
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:36 - May 23 with 1238 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:22 - May 23 by Lohengrin

Let me tell you exactly how this will pan out without the need to consult a crystal ball... firstly you will have a parade of mediocre political non-entities traipsing across our screens saying how there will be no mercy extended to terrorists followed, no doubt, by the arrest on murder charges of soldiers who have walked their talk. Who knows we could even see a repeat of an OC urging troops to "make it a Hell for rebels" only to see those same troops arrested 45 years after the event while 'the rebels' sit back laughing with the leaders of a national polity the troops were risking their lives for.

This society is fractured beyond repair, moreover it has been broken by design.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 20:30]

Not just mediocre political non-entities. It takes ignorance to a whole new level when our Prime minister talks of the 'cowardice' of people who carry our these atrocities. We can call these vile scum whatever we want, but the last thing we can call them are cowards, because they most certainly are not!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:45 - May 23 with 1210 viewsLohengrin

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:36 - May 23 by morningstar

Not just mediocre political non-entities. It takes ignorance to a whole new level when our Prime minister talks of the 'cowardice' of people who carry our these atrocities. We can call these vile scum whatever we want, but the last thing we can call them are cowards, because they most certainly are not!

This latest specimen was prepared to die but he didn't do that attacking Pirbright or Catterick he met his end attacking eight-year-old girls at a Disney concert.

Now if there's a Hell, and I'm sure there is, that tw@t is bent over in the fiery lake being buggered by Lucifer and grizzling about all the virgins he'd been promised.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:04 - May 23 with 1144 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:45 - May 23 by Lohengrin

This latest specimen was prepared to die but he didn't do that attacking Pirbright or Catterick he met his end attacking eight-year-old girls at a Disney concert.

Now if there's a Hell, and I'm sure there is, that tw@t is bent over in the fiery lake being buggered by Lucifer and grizzling about all the virgins he'd been promised.

Oh for sure. Hopefully one day we'll be technologically advanced to get live feeds on youtube of such events, i'm sure Lucifer would only be to happy too oblige. But my post was in the main about the complete and utter ignorance of people in power (or have influence over the general public) who are able to post such utter drivel Another prime example was that tvvat Piers Morgan on TV this morning stating that "We need to make these people realise the consequences of their actions"!!! FFs they know the consequences, that's why they do it!
If people are in a position to address the nation on such issues, whether it be a politician or through the media, then they should think very carefully about what they say instead of uttering the first words that come into their heads because they think it sounds good.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:08 - May 23 with 1124 viewssherpajacob

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/kent-politician-demands-return-of-the-death-penal

Ukip as always have the solution.

Bring back capital punishment for suicide bombers.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:20 - May 23 with 1092 viewsburty

Despicable person to do that.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:22 - May 23 with 1084 viewsWarwickHunt

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:04 - May 23 by morningstar

Oh for sure. Hopefully one day we'll be technologically advanced to get live feeds on youtube of such events, i'm sure Lucifer would only be to happy too oblige. But my post was in the main about the complete and utter ignorance of people in power (or have influence over the general public) who are able to post such utter drivel Another prime example was that tvvat Piers Morgan on TV this morning stating that "We need to make these people realise the consequences of their actions"!!! FFs they know the consequences, that's why they do it!
If people are in a position to address the nation on such issues, whether it be a politician or through the media, then they should think very carefully about what they say instead of uttering the first words that come into their heads because they think it sounds good.

Perhaps if these gullible fûckwits realised they'd end up as mince in bin bags rather than in Paradise surrounded by 72 virgins and Allah making them cups of tea they'd think twice about "martyrdom".
Login to get fewer ads

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:25 - May 23 with 1064 viewsNookiejack

Apparently no Shia muslim or Iranian has launched a terror attack against the West. Re: Madrid, London, 9/11, Paris and Manchester today.

Yet Iran is the number 1 enemy and the Saudis are our moderate friends?

What is happening in Yemen by the Saudis is criminal.

To quote Rober Fisk above:-

'All this, let us remember, came after Trump had sewn up yet another outrageous arms deal with the Saudis ($110bn or £84.4bn) and the proposed purchase by Qatar of what Trump obscenely referred to as “a lot of beautiful military equipment”. It seems almost fantastical that he should make such a remark only two days before meeting the Pope who in Cairo two weeks ago railed along with the Muslim Sheikh of Al Azhar against the evil of arms dealers. '
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:42 - May 23 with 1001 viewssherpajacob

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 17:27 - May 23 by Wingstandwood

Sorry did not elaborate families original country of origin!

Ultimately, aren't all our families originally from Africa?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:48 - May 23 with 984 viewsHeadmaster

While we continue to arm the Saudis - the greatest state sponsor of terrorism - we have absolutely no moral high ground in this. It is the height of hypocrisy for anybody to condemn this attack while endorsing weapons sales to that gang of monsters in Riyadh.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:58 - May 23 with 937 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:22 - May 23 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps if these gullible fûckwits realised they'd end up as mince in bin bags rather than in Paradise surrounded by 72 virgins and Allah making them cups of tea they'd think twice about "martyrdom".

A bit extreme, but maybe that's what we should do. Mince them up and hang them in clear bin bags outside the Tower of London. It would certainly send out a better message than any politician or media fvckwit could come up with!

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:58 - May 23 with 935 viewsJack123

Threat level raised from severe to critical :(

libera nos a malo

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:01 - May 23 with 914 viewsBLAZE

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:58 - May 23 by Jack123

Another attack feared to be imminent
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:01 - May 23 with 914 viewsNookiejack

American Civil War 1861 - 1865 (4 Years)

First World War 1914 - 1918 (4 Years)

Second World War 1939 - 1945 ( 6 Years)

Afghanistan (2001 - ?) (16 years and counting)

Iraq (2003 - ?) (14 years and counting)

Libya (2011 - ?) (6 years and counting)

Is one surprised that there are a lot of people out there pi$$ed off with the whole situation?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:03 - May 23 with 901 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:48 - May 23 by Headmaster

While we continue to arm the Saudis - the greatest state sponsor of terrorism - we have absolutely no moral high ground in this. It is the height of hypocrisy for anybody to condemn this attack while endorsing weapons sales to that gang of monsters in Riyadh.

You do realise that the Saudi government are not passing on these weapons to terrorist organisations don't you?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:19 - May 23 with 825 viewsrock1n

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:01 - May 23 by Nookiejack

American Civil War 1861 - 1865 (4 Years)

First World War 1914 - 1918 (4 Years)

Second World War 1939 - 1945 ( 6 Years)

Afghanistan (2001 - ?) (16 years and counting)

Iraq (2003 - ?) (14 years and counting)

Libya (2011 - ?) (6 years and counting)

Is one surprised that there are a lot of people out there pi$$ed off with the whole situation?

You apologist c##t

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:23 - May 23 with 801 viewsjack2jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:58 - May 23 by Jack123

So they had a COBRA meeting to change one word,brilliant!
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:26 - May 23 with 790 viewsrock1n

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:23 - May 23 by jack2jack

So they had a COBRA meeting to change one word,brilliant!

Well hardly

I doubt we're going to know the fine details of that meeting, are we?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:30 - May 23 with 776 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:19 - May 23 by rock1n

You apologist c##t

People like you cause even more violence.

You are very happy that wars in

Afghanistan are still going on 16 years after being started, Iraq 14 years and Libya 6 years and now Syria.

The West caused all these wards

People are being murdered daily including women and children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521580/ISIS-savages-execute-dozens-wome

Yet you are ok with US selling $100bn of armaments to Saudi Arabia who are the prime sponsors of ISIS and Al Qaeda

......and you call me the apologist
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. (n/t) on 22:31 - May 23 with 762 viewsjack2jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:26 - May 23 by rock1n

Well hardly

Bloody internet connection!
[Post edited 23 May 2017 22:35]
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. (n/t) on 22:31 - May 23 with 762 viewsjack2jack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:26 - May 23 by rock1n

Well hardly

Fair point👍
[Post edited 23 May 2017 22:33]
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:33 - May 23 with 753 viewsrock1n

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:30 - May 23 by Nookiejack

People like you cause even more violence.

You are very happy that wars in

Afghanistan are still going on 16 years after being started, Iraq 14 years and Libya 6 years and now Syria.

The West caused all these wards

People are being murdered daily including women and children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521580/ISIS-savages-execute-dozens-wome

Yet you are ok with US selling $100bn of armaments to Saudi Arabia who are the prime sponsors of ISIS and Al Qaeda

......and you call me the apologist

I was against the War in Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya

I agreed with the interventions in Iraq/Syria recently, please don't make the mistake of thinking of me as some neo con hawk because I ain't.

I hate this conflation, there is NO justification for killing innocent kids. It is disgusting and further to your previous post he was born in UK, this is someone who went to school, used our health system etc.

Stop this pandering, it is people like you and your constant justifications that add fuel. Just like those 'not in our name.... but' types from the 'community.'

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:41 - May 23 with 715 viewsDarran

This thread is a disgrace.
Little children lying dead and in pieces and people can't shut the fuçk up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:42 - May 23 with 716 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:33 - May 23 by rock1n

I was against the War in Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya

I agreed with the interventions in Iraq/Syria recently, please don't make the mistake of thinking of me as some neo con hawk because I ain't.

I hate this conflation, there is NO justification for killing innocent kids. It is disgusting and further to your previous post he was born in UK, this is someone who went to school, used our health system etc.

Stop this pandering, it is people like you and your constant justifications that add fuel. Just like those 'not in our name.... but' types from the 'community.'

Its people like you that cause more hate which leads to more hate.

Saudi-led coalition admits to bombing Yemen funeral.

140 people were killed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/15/saudi-led-coalition-admits-to-bomb

How do the relatives of the 140 feel when they hear the news US has just sold $100bn of armaments to the Saudis?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024