Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. 00:06 - May 23 with 23214 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: Police: "A number of fatalities" at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Shocking news.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:44 - May 23 with 1407 viewsploppy

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 21:48 - May 23 by Headmaster

While we continue to arm the Saudis - the greatest state sponsor of terrorism - we have absolutely no moral high ground in this. It is the height of hypocrisy for anybody to condemn this attack while endorsing weapons sales to that gang of monsters in Riyadh.

Do you contribute to, or draw money from, your pension? Is your pension fund invested in UK defence/arms companies?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:44 - May 23 with 1402 viewsrock1n

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:41 - May 23 by Darran

This thread is a disgrace.
Little children lying dead and in pieces and people can't shut the fuçk up.

Fair, I agree.

Last post.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:46 - May 23 with 1394 viewsAquinas

Understandably people are focusing on the victims at this time but these attacks show no sign of stopping because people are failing to address the root cause. Religion.My entire family is catholic and I have no problem apportioning the blame for the sex abuse scandal on the sexually repressive and backward nature of the catholic faith. And in this instance, I have no problem apportioning the blame for these frequent and horrific attacks to Islam (not individual Muslims).

I have no idea how to fix it as it is far too ingrained in our society now. MI5 estimate that at the height of the troubles there were never more than 100 active IRA terrorists in the field at one time. There have been over 850 british citizens who travelled to join ISIS. The scale of this terrorist organisation is far beyond what we have seen before.

Finally, it was incredibly heartwarming to see Manchester's response to the attack, they have a fantastic community. It reminds me of NYC after 9/11.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:21 - May 23 with 1325 viewsKerouac

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/isis-the-origins-of-violence/on-demand/63137-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:21 - May 23 with 1325 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:41 - May 23 by Darran

This thread is a disgrace.
Little children lying dead and in pieces and people can't shut the fuçk up.

Yes and that's what the people of the Middle East and Libya are going through daily. Lets think about them too.

Women and children butchered by ISIS a few weeks ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521580/ISIS-savages-execute-dozens-wome

The 1,500 children killed in in Yemen to date.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-03-27/more-than-1-500-children-killed-in-yemens-war

...including the 9 children killed in Yemen during botched US raid.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-02-09/nine-young-children-kil

"List of child victims aged as given by villagers
Name Age
1. Asma Fahad Ali al Ameri 3 months
2. Aisha Mohammed Abdallah al Ameri 4 years
3. Halima Hussein al Aifa al Ameri 5 years
4. Hussein Mohammed Abdallah Mabkhout al Ameri 5 years
5. Mursil Abedraboh Masad al Ameri 6 years
6. Khadija Abdallah Mabkhout al Ameri 7 years
7. Nawar Anwar al Awlaqi 8 years
8. Ahmed Abdelilah Ahmed al Dahab 11 years
9. Nasser Abdallah Ahmed al Dahab 12 years"

Lets also have a few thoughts for the women and children who are going to be killed in the future - following the
US sale of $100bn of armaments to the Saudis.

We just seem to put more value on the lives of our women and children than of others.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:30 - May 23 with 1295 viewsAquinas

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:21 - May 23 by Nookiejack

Yes and that's what the people of the Middle East and Libya are going through daily. Lets think about them too.

Women and children butchered by ISIS a few weeks ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521580/ISIS-savages-execute-dozens-wome

The 1,500 children killed in in Yemen to date.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-03-27/more-than-1-500-children-killed-in-yemens-war

...including the 9 children killed in Yemen during botched US raid.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-02-09/nine-young-children-kil

"List of child victims aged as given by villagers
Name Age
1. Asma Fahad Ali al Ameri 3 months
2. Aisha Mohammed Abdallah al Ameri 4 years
3. Halima Hussein al Aifa al Ameri 5 years
4. Hussein Mohammed Abdallah Mabkhout al Ameri 5 years
5. Mursil Abedraboh Masad al Ameri 6 years
6. Khadija Abdallah Mabkhout al Ameri 7 years
7. Nawar Anwar al Awlaqi 8 years
8. Ahmed Abdelilah Ahmed al Dahab 11 years
9. Nasser Abdallah Ahmed al Dahab 12 years"

Lets also have a few thoughts for the women and children who are going to be killed in the future - following the
US sale of $100bn of armaments to the Saudis.

We just seem to put more value on the lives of our women and children than of others.

That is human nature.

I don't doubt for one second that there is anyone on this thread who would not be appalled by the death of anyone at the hands of terrorists. But this attack resonates more because it could have happened to any of us. I would fully expect the people of the middle east to be more shaken by attacks in the middle east than in western countries. That doesn't mean they are insensitive or ignorant.

You talk about value as if people on this thread are treating human life like a currency. They are not.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:32 - May 23 with 1284 viewsKerouac

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:30 - May 23 by Nookiejack

People like you cause even more violence.

You are very happy that wars in

Afghanistan are still going on 16 years after being started, Iraq 14 years and Libya 6 years and now Syria.

The West caused all these wards

People are being murdered daily including women and children.

Yet you are ok with US selling $100bn of armaments to Saudi Arabia who are the prime sponsors of ISIS and Al Qaeda

......and you call me the apologist

Afghanistan - Before 'the West' invaded post 9/11 this was a state run by the Taliban....Afghan people were murdered daily by the Taliban (if you want to go back through history you will see that Afghanistan has pretty much always been at war.

Iraq - Again, Saddam's regime were doing just fine with the murdering before the West removed him. Iraq also invaded their Muslim neighbours Kuwait and Iran within my lifetime.

Libya - Libyans overthrew Gaddafi during the Arab Spring...and again, has always been a sh*t show.

Syria - Arab Spring. Civil War.

The West is not responsible.

People like Mohammed cause even more violence...and that IS the truth.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:36 - May 23 with 1264 viewsperchrockjack

Well, it seems that as in other outrages , we blame ourselves.

Madness ,mainly as we have some human standards

Isis and those who act in their name have not

No excuses for last night.

Not may,trump,Blair ,nobody

Cowards ....well yes. He s taken the easy option to go to paradise blowing up young girls on the way ...pretty painless blowing yourself to pieces with no confrontation.

So, cowards ,Gary.

Finally, I m not sure anyone is looking at point scoring ..

We re all reacting as we do as we re speaking from our hearts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:08 - May 24 with 1201 viewsskippyjack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 20:01 - May 23 by rock1n

Oh shut up you silly tw@

Sigh.. someone who has just championed the abolishment of fascism.. then in the same post he quite clearly uses fascism.

Ever considered becoming a politician?.. they make it even more obvious than you do..

The world is going through a transitional period..

A lot suffer from the illness known as "blagging syndrome"..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:14 - May 24 with 1190 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:36 - May 23 by perchrockjack

Well, it seems that as in other outrages , we blame ourselves.

Madness ,mainly as we have some human standards

Isis and those who act in their name have not

No excuses for last night.

Not may,trump,Blair ,nobody

Cowards ....well yes. He s taken the easy option to go to paradise blowing up young girls on the way ...pretty painless blowing yourself to pieces with no confrontation.

So, cowards ,Gary.

Finally, I m not sure anyone is looking at point scoring ..

We re all reacting as we do as we re speaking from our hearts

You think it's an easy option to press a button knowing you're going to be blown to pieces? Really? As i said, whatever is going through their minds, the last thing they are is a coward. They are at the end of the day human beings like you or i, and i'm sure very few believe in the 72 virgins ffs! They are simply willing to sacrifice their lives and that of others for whatever ideology they happen to believe if you like, so surely calling them cowards is an easy option, and not a view that is going to help.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:18 - May 24 with 1180 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:32 - May 23 by Kerouac

Afghanistan - Before 'the West' invaded post 9/11 this was a state run by the Taliban....Afghan people were murdered daily by the Taliban (if you want to go back through history you will see that Afghanistan has pretty much always been at war.

Iraq - Again, Saddam's regime were doing just fine with the murdering before the West removed him. Iraq also invaded their Muslim neighbours Kuwait and Iran within my lifetime.

Libya - Libyans overthrew Gaddafi during the Arab Spring...and again, has always been a sh*t show.

Bush and Blair dismantled Iraq. They broke it up and resultant power vaccuum led to the establishment of ISIS. Would you make the same decision as Blair in hindsight - given what has happened?

I will accept West had the justification for throwing Saddam out of Kuwait. We had no need to then break up Iraq.

The break up of Iraq also destabilised Syria.

How many dictatorships are there around the world?

Do we break alll of them up? Why has Blair subsequently been an advisor to the dictatorship of Kazakhstan?

Why not break up the Saudi Arabian dictatorship? How many people do they chop the heads off each year?

Re: the Arab Spring why is the US backing Al Sisi the dictator in Egypt?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-inaugurat

In respect of Libya that is now a failed state? What was Cameron trying to achieve? Are you saying in hindsight you would make the same decision now?

Leaked report says seven million migrants waiting to cross to Europe
http://dailym.ai/2rQKZD6
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:19 - May 24 with 1174 viewsEbo

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 23:32 - May 23 by Kerouac

Wrong on every single count again.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:23 - May 24 with 1162 viewsperchrockjack

Easy ?

Where

Sadly, Gary ,you re slipping into a rather dark place on here as your posts,for some reason, ate becoming aggressive and obnoxious

You ve given me plenty so I now suggest you reflect on what you actually contribute

Without doubt, this site is polluted with people with a personal vindictive agenda masquerading as banter. You are a prime example of how it's not and your dear chum .

I challenge you...all of us to quit personal attacks . This would included Winston, a moderator of this site but one who is very selective with his indignation .

We ve all gone way too far and it needs to stop.

Ignoring isn't the answer as others see the posts of an ignored poster and carry it on on their behalf.

Can you do it.Can I.

Can any of us

We ll see the results soon and maybe we should note the replies and from whom they came

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:29 - May 24 with 1146 viewsmorningstar

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:23 - May 24 by perchrockjack

Easy ?

Where

Sadly, Gary ,you re slipping into a rather dark place on here as your posts,for some reason, ate becoming aggressive and obnoxious

You ve given me plenty so I now suggest you reflect on what you actually contribute

Without doubt, this site is polluted with people with a personal vindictive agenda masquerading as banter. You are a prime example of how it's not and your dear chum .

I challenge you...all of us to quit personal attacks . This would included Winston, a moderator of this site but one who is very selective with his indignation .

We ve all gone way too far and it needs to stop.

Ignoring isn't the answer as others see the posts of an ignored poster and carry it on on their behalf.

Can you do it.Can I.

Can any of us

We ll see the results soon and maybe we should note the replies and from whom they came

Jesus Christ! Go to bed Rich ffs mun!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:31 - May 24 with 1144 viewsperchrockjack

Think it's time I ignored you

Sleep well

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:32 - May 24 with 1141 viewsKerouac

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:18 - May 24 by Nookiejack

Bush and Blair dismantled Iraq. They broke it up and resultant power vaccuum led to the establishment of ISIS. Would you make the same decision as Blair in hindsight - given what has happened?

I will accept West had the justification for throwing Saddam out of Kuwait. We had no need to then break up Iraq.

The break up of Iraq also destabilised Syria.

How many dictatorships are there around the world?

Do we break alll of them up? Why has Blair subsequently been an advisor to the dictatorship of Kazakhstan?

Why not break up the Saudi Arabian dictatorship? How many people do they chop the heads off each year?

Re: the Arab Spring why is the US backing Al Sisi the dictator in Egypt?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-inaugurat

In respect of Libya that is now a failed state? What was Cameron trying to achieve? Are you saying in hindsight you would make the same decision now?

Leaked report says seven million migrants waiting to cross to Europe
http://dailym.ai/2rQKZD6

You are deliberately missing the point.

You said;
"The West caused all these wars

People are being murdered daily including women and children."

...before going on to mention US arms sales to the House of Saud.

PEOPLE WERE ALREADY BEING MURDERED DAILY IN THESE COUNTRIES. WE DIDN'T CAUSE THIS. IF THE WEST WAS THE CAUSE THEN WE WOULD BE ABLE TO POINT TO HAPPIER TIMES.

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:34 - May 24 with 1138 viewsperchrockjack

Not wrong ebo

You believe him wrong.

Big difference

He believes you re wrong

Get it

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:46 - May 24 with 1127 viewsNookiejack

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:32 - May 24 by Kerouac

You are deliberately missing the point.

You said;
"The West caused all these wars

People are being murdered daily including women and children."

...before going on to mention US arms sales to the House of Saud.

PEOPLE WERE ALREADY BEING MURDERED DAILY IN THESE COUNTRIES. WE DIDN'T CAUSE THIS. IF THE WEST WAS THE CAUSE THEN WE WOULD BE ABLE TO POINT TO HAPPIER TIMES.

Of course Bush and Blair caused the Iraq war. They ordered the invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam.

The war is still going on i.e. Current battle for Mosul.

How many Human Rights abuses have gone on / are currently going on in China. Why didn't Bush and Blair invade China?
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 01:40 - May 24 with 1102 viewssnork44

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 19:09 - May 23 by Sirjohnalot

Living up in Manchester, it really brings it home the horrors of evil. We need to bear in mind, this is exactly that, evil, not religion. I have numerous Muslim friends who, to a person are horrified, and devastated at this attack which is likely to have been carried out, in the distorted name of their religion. Obviously these animals need to be destroyed and, of course the Muslim community are vital in helping in this, but calling for 'mosques to be shut down' or 'ban Muslims' is as idiotic as it is unhelpful.

The aim of these (hesitate to use the word) people is to create disharmony and divide communities. Don't let it happen, please don't target Asian people for abuse. They are as much a terrorist as everyday Irish people were in the 80s.

The real face of Manchester was shown last night, offering food, accommodation, lifts home etc. That's the face that has to be shown.

I agree with what you say, but the leaders in Muslim community need to scream out about these atrocities like the rest of us. Once they do that them we can act together as one community. The radical mosques and Imams need to be targeted by the Authorities and the Muslim community. I don't want to hear half hearted condemnation by Islamic leaders, but full on hatred of the Jihadis as they are responsible for the damage to the reputation of Islam.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 02:00 - May 24 with 1086 viewsnyc_swans

amazing how quickly threads like these turn into political arguments.

show some respect for the victims.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 02:09 - May 24 with 1081 viewssnork44

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 00:14 - May 24 by morningstar

You think it's an easy option to press a button knowing you're going to be blown to pieces? Really? As i said, whatever is going through their minds, the last thing they are is a coward. They are at the end of the day human beings like you or i, and i'm sure very few believe in the 72 virgins ffs! They are simply willing to sacrifice their lives and that of others for whatever ideology they happen to believe if you like, so surely calling them cowards is an easy option, and not a view that is going to help.

Coward is perfect term for them, yes they are so brave going into a foyer of an arena and killing 8 year old girls, Mothers and teenagers, Wow give him a Medal, put him up against Soldiers and the sniveling jerk would run a mile. They lost the title of human being when they joined their scummy terrorist lowlife group.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 06:16 - May 24 with 1011 viewsAnotherJohn

It looks as though Abedi had recently traveled to Libya. His refugee parents and sister had already returned to live there. This angle could turn out to be very significant.
Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:17 - May 24 with 970 viewsjojaca

The West are strategically positioning the chess board for another war (Iran?).

Even when you know, you never know?

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 07:43 - May 24 with 934 viewsblueytheblue

Love the way some naive people act as if Daesh are just trying to right wrongs, tit for tat.

Daesh have killed more than enough Muslims themselves... along with others...

Sunni, Shia keep killing each other...

Yet it's all the West's fault, honest. China, Russia haven't armed anyone whatsoever...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 08:17 - May 24 with 895 viewsHeadmaster

Suspected explosion at Manchester Arena concert. on 22:03 - May 23 by morningstar

You do realise that the Saudi government are not passing on these weapons to terrorist organisations don't you?

No, they just finance them instead through "charities". They're a cancer to the world, and we're helping to keep that cancer alive while saying we're trying to stop it. Of course, it isn't just material support like money, it's ideological too.

I know people don't like to talk about it, but if we aren't honest with ourselves and address the cause, how can we stop it from happening?
[Post edited 24 May 2017 8:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024