Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi 04:53 - May 23 with 21706 viewsAndyNak

He's holding out for a bigger salary apparently. According to The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sigurdsson-stalls-on-everton-826lzmjrb

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:49 - May 23 with 1990 viewsWarwickHunt

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:32 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

We could always say "you signed a new contract less than a year ago so we're not selling you". It's a novel approach I admit but perhaps one worth trying.

"We don't want any players who don't want to be at Swansea" = "They're all for sale if we can get a few bob".

Clement needs an urgent chat the Yanks - something along the lines of "get that useless cûnt Jenkins away from the club as soon as fücking possible".

I'm paraphrasing, obviously.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:52 - May 23 with 1972 viewsGriffting

We rejected the first bid for ash to get a more reasonable price, I expect us to do the same if it's a 25 million pound offer for Siggy. To be honest, if he is kicking up a fuss about leaving I'd make him hand in a transfer request, especially after his comments about it being up to the club if they want to sell him this summer. But I don't expect he is kicking up a fuss, he'd probably happily stay here for another year minimum. I think it will be the board who decides to sell him because they can't see past the money and think they will be able to replace him with a fraction of the price.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:54 - May 23 with 1961 viewsWarwickHunt

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:52 - May 23 by Griffting

We rejected the first bid for ash to get a more reasonable price, I expect us to do the same if it's a 25 million pound offer for Siggy. To be honest, if he is kicking up a fuss about leaving I'd make him hand in a transfer request, especially after his comments about it being up to the club if they want to sell him this summer. But I don't expect he is kicking up a fuss, he'd probably happily stay here for another year minimum. I think it will be the board who decides to sell him because they can't see past the money and think they will be able to replace him with a fraction of the price.

Young Jock McSporran at Falkirk is being lined up as we speak.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:56 - May 23 with 1941 viewsLeonWasGod

It'll be a right kick in the balls if he does go right at the start of the window. Doesn't exactly send out a good message to any others who are tempted to go.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:58 - May 23 with 1927 viewsDr_Winston

This is probably all Daily Mirror bollocks mind, but it's good to keep the outrage muscles limber.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:01 - May 23 with 1907 viewsE20Jack

£35-£40m is the going rate in today market. That's not being bullish, that's just reality.

Leeds have valued Chris Wood at £20m in the Championship for Christs sake, Chris...Wood.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:04 - May 23 with 1884 viewsGriffting

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:01 - May 23 by E20Jack

£35-£40m is the going rate in today market. That's not being bullish, that's just reality.

Leeds have valued Chris Wood at £20m in the Championship for Christs sake, Chris...Wood.

Well, You've only got to look at Everton to find inflated prices on players. 50 million for Ross Barkley.. We'll have the same for Siggy thank you. Not that either of them are worth that. It will piss me off a bit if we under sell a player to Everton with the way they throw figures about for players in the transfer market.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:08 - May 23 with 1860 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:04 - May 23 by Griffting

Well, You've only got to look at Everton to find inflated prices on players. 50 million for Ross Barkley.. We'll have the same for Siggy thank you. Not that either of them are worth that. It will piss me off a bit if we under sell a player to Everton with the way they throw figures about for players in the transfer market.

Not just Everton. Lots of other clubs seem able to hold out for top dollar for their players whereas we crumble at the first offer. Southampton are masters at it.

Even last summer. We sold Ayew for £20m whilst relegated Newcastle got £10m more than that for Sissoko, who'd been shite for the previous season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:09 - May 23 with 1844 viewsmagicdaps10

I dont know how much truth is in the report of this accepted 25M but come on........30M should be the bare minimum here.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:13 - May 23 with 1817 viewsLandore_Jack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:09 - May 23 by magicdaps10

I dont know how much truth is in the report of this accepted 25M but come on........30M should be the bare minimum here.

If a £25m fee has been agreed then its further evidence that Jenkins hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

#backtojack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:19 - May 23 with 1781 viewswaynekerr55

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:13 - May 23 by Landore_Jack

If a £25m fee has been agreed then its further evidence that Jenkins hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

As if we need further evidence 😉

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:20 - May 23 with 1776 viewsjackjackjackjack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:01 - May 23 by E20Jack

Kante, a league winner and a far better player than Sigurdsson, left Leicester for £32m. Payet left West Ham for £25m. No way is going rate for Siggy £40m.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:20 - May 23 with 1771 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:13 - May 23 by Landore_Jack

More like "doesn't care what he's doing". Well well, this has happened far quicker than even I'd have predicted. I thought he'd have at least waited a week........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:23 - May 23 with 1755 viewspencoedjack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:56 - May 23 by LeonWasGod

It'll be a right kick in the balls if he does go right at the start of the window. Doesn't exactly send out a good message to any others who are tempted to go.

Personally if he is going I'd rather it be at the start of the window

But

Get upwards of 30 million

Let Clement reinvest the money on players he wants not Jenkins

Edit

Just had a look on Everton forum asking if they can send Ash back and have Alf as part of the deal
[Post edited 23 May 2017 9:27]
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:29 - May 23 with 1715 viewsmagicdaps10

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:23 - May 23 by pencoedjack

Personally if he is going I'd rather it be at the start of the window

But

Get upwards of 30 million

Let Clement reinvest the money on players he wants not Jenkins

Edit

Just had a look on Everton forum asking if they can send Ash back and have Alf as part of the deal
[Post edited 23 May 2017 9:27]

Agreed, if he goes then lets get him out as soon as possible.

the fee is infuriating if it can be believed but we fans cant control that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:34 - May 23 with 1697 viewsGriffting

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:20 - May 23 by jackjackjackjack

Kante, a league winner and a far better player than Sigurdsson, left Leicester for £32m. Payet left West Ham for £25m. No way is going rate for Siggy £40m.

Kante was 29 million and had a release clause, Payet was causing disruption in the club, refusing to play in the middle of the season and had handed in a transfer request. Plus he's 30 years old. Completely different situation. Now, if he is kicking up a fuss, make him hand a transfer request in and get rid. Until then, try and milk the transfer for as much as possible or keep him here.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:38 - May 23 with 1668 viewsandypitt56

Id call it rubbish. 1. we rejected a 30 mil plus bid from china in jan, why would we accept less now? 2. we don't need to sell, so get as much as we can if we do. 3 it probably agents just trying to get a slice of the cake.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:40 - May 23 with 1650 viewsWarwickHunt

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:38 - May 23 by andypitt56

Id call it rubbish. 1. we rejected a 30 mil plus bid from china in jan, why would we accept less now? 2. we don't need to sell, so get as much as we can if we do. 3 it probably agents just trying to get a slice of the cake.

Did we really reject £30m?

Would Gylfi have gone anyway?
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:42 - May 23 with 1643 viewspencoedjack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:38 - May 23 by andypitt56

I think you will find a player doesn't have to be shipped off to China if he doesn't want to go
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:44 - May 23 with 1627 viewsraynor94

I'd be amazed if there isn't a fixed price release clause in his contract, let's wait and see what develops before we hang the board

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:45 - May 23 with 1626 viewsperchrockjack

Sickening at that price.

Just why

Don't answer

Mother of god, Our joy didn't last

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:46 - May 23 with 1619 viewssiralan

Of course £25m is made up rubbish to sell papers.

It's amazing when certain newspapers put a huge figure on the values
of certain clubs players yet constantly value other clubs players far lower
it's if they have an hidden agenda.

Double figure goals per season and top amount of assists for a midfielder
is £40m plus in today's Premier league market market when you see Man Utd
are paying around that for squad players who can not get a regular game.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:58 - May 23 with 1568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:46 - May 23 by siralan

Of course £25m is made up rubbish to sell papers.

It's amazing when certain newspapers put a huge figure on the values
of certain clubs players yet constantly value other clubs players far lower
it's if they have an hidden agenda.

Double figure goals per season and top amount of assists for a midfielder
is £40m plus in today's Premier league market market when you see Man Utd
are paying around that for squad players who can not get a regular game.

If it was from the daily star I might agree with you. The times on the other hand.........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:01 - May 23 with 1555 viewssiralan

They are all as bad as each other.

You write every transfer speculation down from the Times until the start
of next season and I guarantee less than 5% actually happen.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:01 - May 23 with 1554 viewsblueytheblue

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:32 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

We could always say "you signed a new contract less than a year ago so we're not selling you". It's a novel approach I admit but perhaps one worth trying.

Player and agent then play the "well, you offered new contract a year ago so that you can then demand more money when selling me" card.

You've done that in the past with managers and players. Smart thing to do really.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024