Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi 04:53 - May 23 with 21785 viewsAndyNak

He's holding out for a bigger salary apparently. According to The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sigurdsson-stalls-on-everton-826lzmjrb

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:03 - May 23 with 2014 viewsSTID2017

Siggy has also stated clearly he does not want to go.
So unless Swans said to him he had no future here, why are people reading into it that it's a done deal.
I just read that one of the clubs interested is West Ham ... they may be playing in a fancy stadium, but they are a team we can target to finish above next season.
Everton are at best a team that will finish 6th or 7th.
If Siggy wants to go to Liverpool or one of the other top 6 teams (if they came in for him) that would make sense (though I think his bad experience with Spurs would be repeated at any of those clubs), otherwise he'd be better of staying with us and we build a team around him and Llorente

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:11 - May 23 with 1983 viewsDr_Winston

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-prepared-

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:12 - May 23 with 1978 viewsmagicdaps10

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:03 - May 23 by STID2017

So unless Swans said to him he had no future here, why are people reading into it that it's a done deal.
I just read that one of the clubs interested is West Ham ... they may be playing in a fancy stadium, but they are a team we can target to finish above next season.
If Siggy wants to go to Liverpool or one of the other top 6 teams (if they came in for him) that would make sense (though I think his bad experience with Spurs would be repeated at any of those clubs), otherwise he'd be better of staying with us and we build a team around him and Llorente

It doesnt matter who is interested.

The majority of the time if the club pays the money, wages and everything else that goes with it..........the player is gone.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:14 - May 23 with 1964 viewsperchrockjack

Who replaces

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:18 - May 23 with 1952 viewsmalagajack

Sky transfer centre now saying no fee agreed
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:19 - May 23 with 1946 viewsjacabertawe

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:18 - May 23 by malagajack

......... and our Club saying no contact with Everton.
Fake news?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:23 - May 23 with 1927 viewsmalagajack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:19 - May 23 by jacabertawe

......... and our Club saying no contact with Everton.
Fake news?

Looks like it hopefully, there will be plenty more of it too before the end of the summer
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:23 - May 23 with 1925 viewsGriffting

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:18 - May 23 by malagajack

They're also saying now that a new deal could be on the cards.
That's a big u-turn from an hour ago.
Login to get fewer ads

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:26 - May 23 with 1907 viewsTrundle10

Defiant Swans prepared to turn down record bids for Sigurdsson

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-prepared-

Encouraging
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:27 - May 23 with 1900 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do you really think that he would stay here if Everton were offering him a n extra 50,000 a week??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:27 - May 23 with 1899 viewsQJumpingJack

If the owners can make a profit, Glyfi will be sold.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:32 - May 23 with 1861 viewsLord_Bony

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:27 - May 23 by QJumpingJack

The American owners are not stupid.

They realise his worth to the team and our premier league status....more cash.kerching...

They have said they are willing to turn down 40 m offers for him.

Wether they would or not I don't know.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:34 - May 23 with 1847 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:32 - May 23 by Lord_Bony

The American owners are not stupid.

They realise his worth to the team and our premier league status....more cash.kerching...

They have said they are willing to turn down 40 m offers for him.

Wether they would or not I don't know.

Proof will be in the doing. Eventually the offers may climb to a level where it would be foolish to reject them, but here's hoping that Huw's finally got a bit of oversight above him and won't be allowed to accept an offer as low as he normally does.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:36 - May 23 with 1837 viewsWarwickHunt

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:34 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Proof will be in the doing. Eventually the offers may climb to a level where it would be foolish to reject them, but here's hoping that Huw's finally got a bit of oversight above him and won't be allowed to accept an offer as low as he normally does.

...and then spunk it on a bunch of lemons.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:42 - May 23 with 1788 viewsperchrockjack

real test of mettle for owners

I d like to think they ll be tough negotiators but I might be wrong

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:43 - May 23 with 1789 viewsmagicdaps10

Good to see that the club have come out quick here but i hope they back it up.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:43 - May 23 with 1788 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:36 - May 23 by WarwickHunt

...and then spunk it on a bunch of lemons.

January transfer window was pretty good. Maybe he's finally learned to get his manager's approval before bringing people in?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:44 - May 23 with 1782 viewsKGriz16

Possibly a marketing scheme by the Americans. Showing the fans they're taking a stance on the players. "Look at the owners rejecting those bids." Builds morale, trust and rapport with the new owners. £25 million anyhow is ridiculously undervaluing of our best player. PC has said we don't need to sell, the owners are saying we don't need to sell and the player himself as said he doesn't want to leave. I hate this silly season, makes me too nervous!
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:51 - May 23 with 1740 viewsraynor94

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:27 - May 23 by QJumpingJack

And you are basing that assumption on?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:55 - May 23 with 1722 viewsjack247

You have to read between the lines in what both Siggy and Llorente said. They both said they are happy here, aren't trying to engineer a move etc, but if the club were to accept an offer for then...

They are both basically saying it's not a problem if they stay here, but they want to see what's on offer elsewhere. I don't see much wrong with that to be honest, I'm sure the vast majority of our squad would be interested in a bigger club paying more money, most just aren't in that position.

West Ham and Everton are both substantially bigger clubs than us. No point going to them if you feel another good season here and a really top club will want you, but if you feel that's your ceiling, it's hard to turn down.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:55 - May 23 with 1720 viewssiralan

Everybody has a price and unfortunately if a offer for GS reaches it he will go.

The question is what is that price in the views of the clubs decision makers?

I would be disappointed at anything less than £40m,but if we did get that
our replacements fee would go up with the selling club knowing our "windfall"

Just like the huge jump in fees and pay when the new TV deal was announced
it will all make its way back to the agents and players .
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:01 - May 23 with 1683 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I was told by someone I trust that there was contact with Everton a few weeks ago and that an agreement "in principle" to open negotiations was made in the event of relegation.

May be bollocks but I'd be very surprised if there was no truth in it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:04 - May 23 with 1663 viewsmagicdaps10

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:01 - May 23 by Joe_bradshaw

I was told by someone I trust that there was contact with Everton a few weeks ago and that an agreement "in principle" to open negotiations was made in the event of relegation.

I could see that happening and accept that happening if we got relegated but just one sticking point...

We didnt get relegated.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:05 - May 23 with 1660 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:01 - May 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had a relegation release clause and tentative contact made in the event. His agent wouldn't be doing his job if there hadn't been.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:12 - May 23 with 1630 viewsjackjackjackjack

Stated that he doesn't want to go? Also stated that he wants to play for a big club...

"Of course, it would be a dream to play for one of these big clubs.

"Hopefully if I continue doing well for Swansea and Iceland then in the near future, I can play in a big club."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10811219/gylfi-sigurdsson-reveals-b

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024