Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi 04:53 - May 23 with 21157 viewsAndyNak

He's holding out for a bigger salary apparently. According to The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sigurdsson-stalls-on-everton-826lzmjrb

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:17 - May 23 with 2692 viewsdobjack2

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:26 - May 23 by Trundle10

Defiant Swans prepared to turn down record bids for Sigurdsson

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-prepared-

Encouraging

Anything to be read into the fact that it is Kaplan and not our beloved chairman that has been speaking to wales online?
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:18 - May 23 with 2692 viewsPozuelosSideys

Maybe an attempt to get a bit an auction going for him. Cant imagine Everton being the only ones interested.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:19 - May 23 with 2683 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:17 - May 23 by dobjack2

Anything to be read into the fact that it is Kaplan and not our beloved chairman that has been speaking to wales online?

They caught Huw in the act of negotiating Everton down to £15m plus Arouna Kone and now he's bound and gagged in the stadium broom cupboard?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:43 - May 23 with 2617 viewswaynekerr55

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:17 - May 23 by dobjack2

We live in hope...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:21 - May 23 with 2402 viewsjasper_T

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:18 - May 23 by PozuelosSideys

Maybe an attempt to get a bit an auction going for him. Cant imagine Everton being the only ones interested.

I doubt anyone bigger than Everton will want him.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:34 - May 23 with 2365 viewsLord_Bony

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:21 - May 23 by jasper_T

I sincerely hope that is the case.

If it is then he will b staying.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:50 - May 23 with 2305 viewsLandore_Jack

Spurs, Arsenal?

#backtojack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:52 - May 23 with 2299 viewsLord_Bony

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:50 - May 23 by Landore_Jack

Spurs, Arsenal?

I think we can safely take Spurs out of the equation.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:07 - May 23 with 2261 viewsSkipTheJack

The question we must always ask ourselves is "what would Southampton get for him?", and the answer is about £35m to £40m.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:10 - May 23 with 2243 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:07 - May 23 by SkipTheJack

The question we must always ask ourselves is "what would Southampton get for him?", and the answer is about £35m to £40m.

As opposed to the question we normally ask ourselves which is "what would Southampton get for him minus ten or fifteen million?".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:14 - May 23 with 2222 viewsjack247

Everton, West Ham, maybe even Newcastle is probably about his ceiling if he wants to stay in the Premier League.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to a club like that. Wouldn't blame him either. Don't see any of the big 6 wanting him, at least not as a first team player and not enough to pay big money for him.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:55 - May 23 with 2144 viewsWhiterockin

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:01 - May 23 by Joe_bradshaw

I was told by someone I trust that there was contact with Everton a few weeks ago and that an agreement "in principle" to open negotiations was made in the event of relegation.

May be bollocks but I'd be very surprised if there was no truth in it.

If we were relegated Everton had agreed to meet the release clause (less than half of the £25M).
We have not been relegated so no offer is in place and we don't have to sell.

Half truth in the early reports, yes we had accepted an offer. Half truth now, we have not accepted an offer as it is not relevant because we did not get relegated.

Those like it or not are the facts.

It is now up to Everton to pay a true value or Siggy will not be sold.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:13 - May 23 with 2086 viewsjasper_T

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 13:50 - May 23 by Landore_Jack

Spurs, Arsenal?

He's not good enough for either of them.

Certainly not for the amount of money we'll demand.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:22 - May 23 with 2063 viewsicecoldjack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:33 - May 23 by Headmaster

"but if he tells the club he wants to leave what are we going to do to keep him here?"

Yes. Let's show some balls for once. £25 million is far too low. I do wonder if Clement will have as much a say in who stays and goes as he thinks.

clement will walk if he gets messed around, after this season he will not be short of more ambitious offers elsewhere.

Personally think Gylfi will leave this summer if the right offer comes in, it would need to be attractive for him and for us, clement said they will have to look at it if it was right for all parties.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:36 - May 23 with 2008 viewssomersetsimon

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 14:14 - May 23 by jack247

Everton, West Ham, maybe even Newcastle is probably about his ceiling if he wants to stay in the Premier League.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to a club like that. Wouldn't blame him either. Don't see any of the big 6 wanting him, at least not as a first team player and not enough to pay big money for him.

Would he leave just to get a pay rise of maybe 20% but without any greater chance of winning anything or playing in Europe?
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:41 - May 23 with 1986 viewsmax936

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:19 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

They caught Huw in the act of negotiating Everton down to £15m plus Arouna Kone and now he's bound and gagged in the stadium broom cupboard?

Lets him they chuck the cupboard [portable cupboard of course ] in the Tawe with him obviously still in it.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 15:42]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:43 - May 23 with 1976 viewsjasper_T

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:36 - May 23 by somersetsimon

Would he leave just to get a pay rise of maybe 20% but without any greater chance of winning anything or playing in Europe?

If he wants to live in London again, I'm sure he would.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:45 - May 23 with 1971 viewsjackjackjackjack

And if the reports of him wanting £110,000 a week are true, that would be about £6m extra over 4 years. Tidy.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 20:17 - May 23 with 1661 viewsPastor_Flapps

£25m? You can get two £5m players out of that!
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 20:21 - May 23 with 1647 viewsjack247

He would have a greater chance of winning something or playing in Europe at both of those clubs.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 20:32 - May 23 with 1613 viewsrock1n

Fair price, I'd love 30 but 25m seems fair.

Of course cue yank outrage

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 20:39 - May 23 with 1591 viewsGlyn1

Personally I'd switch jobs if I was offered a 20% pay rise. How about yourself?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 21:21 - May 23 with 1503 viewsdobjack2

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 20:32 - May 23 by rock1n

Fair price, I'd love 30 but 25m seems fair.

Of course cue yank outrage

We would be mugging ourselves if we let gylfi go at that price.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 22:05 - May 23 with 1410 viewsFireboy

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:42 - May 23 by perchrockjack

real test of mettle for owners

I d like to think they ll be tough negotiators but I might be wrong

You are never wrong Richie
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 23:08 - May 23 with 1336 viewsmajorraglan

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 15:22 - May 23 by icecoldjack

clement will walk if he gets messed around, after this season he will not be short of more ambitious offers elsewhere.

Personally think Gylfi will leave this summer if the right offer comes in, it would need to be attractive for him and for us, clement said they will have to look at it if it was right for all parties.

Agreed. Paul Clement's stock is very high at the moment and if the club mess him about I think he would consider his position.
In terms of Gylfi, he signed a new contract last year, I seem to recall Bony did the same before he was eventually sold to Man City. I wouldn't be at all surprised if GS was sold over the summer, the club would get a chunk of money, GS and his agent would most likely pick up a signing on fee and a big pay rise at what would be a higher profile club. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a release clause or if someone has had talks (maybe an agent doing some sounding out) whilst the clubs future in the PL was in doubt. If GS leaves, the key issue will be what happens to the proceeds of the sale. If it's "given" to PC as a war chest to strengthen the squad with the type of players he wants he may be happy, on the other hand if the money isn't reinvested in the playing squad he
may decide to leave. PC should be well connected, so he may have a few ideas about squad strengthening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024