Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi 04:53 - May 23 with 21790 viewsAndyNak

He's holding out for a bigger salary apparently. According to The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sigurdsson-stalls-on-everton-826lzmjrb

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 23:18 - May 23 with 1948 viewsRancid

Clement might have kept us up but I don't think he could land a better job elsewhere right now.Another season and survival and then his stock will be high enough for us to lose him but not just yet.He's got unfinished business at swansea and he'll want to cut his teeth here for a while more yet.

i still think Gylffi will stay unless he demands a move himself and is too disruptive in the process.The club should find enough money to improve his contract and give him what he'd get elsewhere.He really is worth it.than.Sell him for a Swansea-esque 25 poxy million is an insult.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:06 - May 24 with 1770 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 23:18 - May 23 by Rancid

Clement might have kept us up but I don't think he could land a better job elsewhere right now.Another season and survival and then his stock will be high enough for us to lose him but not just yet.He's got unfinished business at swansea and he'll want to cut his teeth here for a while more yet.

i still think Gylffi will stay unless he demands a move himself and is too disruptive in the process.The club should find enough money to improve his contract and give him what he'd get elsewhere.He really is worth it.than.Sell him for a Swansea-esque 25 poxy million is an insult.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:53 - May 24 with 1695 viewsBloodyhills

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:36 - May 23 by jack247

This wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true, neither the transfer nor the fee. Not the absolute disaster it may appear to be if Clement is given that money to improve the team.

Forget honeymoon periods, hold My their hands up over Bob etc. this is where we find out what our owners are made of.

It appears the owners are selling Gylfi behind Clement's back. That shows where they are and it doesn't look good.

Clement should be involved the coming and going of all players.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:59 - May 24 with 1669 viewsMeraki

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:53 - May 24 by Bloodyhills

It appears the owners are selling Gylfi behind Clement's back. That shows where they are and it doesn't look good.

I'm guessing the release clause is £25m and he is as good as gone.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:03 - May 24 with 1658 viewspencoedjack

Top post
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:04 - May 24 with 1657 viewsSTID2017

Apart from the Times report, everything else I've read states that Gylfi wants to stay, Clement wants him to stay, the owners want him to stay and past history dictates that it may be in Gylfi's best interests to stay rather than chasing the elusive "grass is greener" scenario.
Have I missed something or are there other reports stating differently (apart from the usual ITKs that turn out to know the sum total of nothing) ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:11 - May 24 with 1647 viewsraynor94

Seriously what do you base that statement on?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:13 - May 24 with 1637 viewsSTID2017

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:11 - May 24 by raynor94

Seriously what do you base that statement on?

My thoughts exactly - however he's not online ATM to answer
[Post edited 24 May 2017 9:14]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:30 - May 24 with 1570 viewsMyFinalHeaven

With the kind of players going for 25m these days like Wijnaldum and Jese, 25m for Sigurdsson is an absolute insult. What player these days that can put up 10 or more goals and assists a season in the Prem can be bought for that price? If we are going to sell him, which I sincerely hope we don't, we shouldn't take anything less than 40m.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:33]

Come on you Swans.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:40 - May 24 with 1551 viewsMeraki

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:30 - May 24 by MyFinalHeaven

With the kind of players going for 25m these days like Wijnaldum and Jese, 25m for Sigurdsson is an absolute insult. What player these days that can put up 10 or more goals and assists a season in the Prem can be bought for that price? If we are going to sell him, which I sincerely hope we don't, we shouldn't take anything less than 40m.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 10:33]

Unless we were dumb enough to put a £25m clause in - which come on, wouldn't be a surprise.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:46 - May 24 with 1538 viewsjack247

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:40 - May 24 by Meraki

Unless we were dumb enough to put a £25m clause in - which come on, wouldn't be a surprise.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. He must have at least had a look at things when he sighed a new contract while we were in the process of selling Ash and Ayew from an already weak squad.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:50 - May 24 with 1528 viewsjack247

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:04 - May 24 by STID2017

Apart from the Times report, everything else I've read states that Gylfi wants to stay, Clement wants him to stay, the owners want him to stay and past history dictates that it may be in Gylfi's best interests to stay rather than chasing the elusive "grass is greener" scenario.
Have I missed something or are there other reports stating differently (apart from the usual ITKs that turn out to know the sum total of nothing) ?

There are very few if any genuine ITKs on here. Some like to portray themselves that way and others post with such conviction it's easy to almost take it as fact. Almost everything on here is rumours and opinions though.

Mine is that both Gylfi and Llorente have boosted their profile this season and will want to consider their options. They may well do that and conclude that the best option is to stay put. I'd hope Gylfi doesn't have a release clause, but it wouldn't surprise me.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:54 - May 24 with 1526 viewsTheResurrection

Is he still here FFS?

Come on Siggy son, take the £100k a week and move on.

If he stays we will endure another season of static football with a few set pieces thrown in.

Learn from our mistakes - we need a change!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:58 - May 24 with 1517 viewspencoedjack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 10:54 - May 24 by TheResurrection

Is he still here FFS?

If he stays we will endure another season of static football with a few set pieces thrown in.

The only good thing I see about Gylfi going is not having to read your tiresome posts about him
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:02 - May 24 with 1504 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is he still here FFS?

How much for a fee though?

All well and good saying to pack his bags and collect the payrise, but what we getting? In the current market, £25m is an insult.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:06 - May 24 with 1489 viewsE20Jack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 09:20 - May 23 by jackjackjackjack

Kante, a league winner and a far better player than Sigurdsson, left Leicester for £32m. Payet left West Ham for £25m. No way is going rate for Siggy £40m.

What rubbish. All completely differing scenarios with age and contract status not on the selling clubs side. Defensive midfielders and also cheaper than match winning attacking ones. £35m - £40m is absolutely the going rate for one of the most talked about and effective midfielders in the Premier League. Add in the fact he counts as home grown and your figures are laughable.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:07 - May 24 with 1485 viewsTheResurrection

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:02 - May 24 by PozuelosSideys

How much for a fee though?

All well and good saying to pack his bags and collect the payrise, but what we getting? In the current market, £25m is an insult.

I don't think it is - because yes, while he does get assists and can take a penalty, he's also not suited to a huge amount of playing styles in the EPL. That's why Everton are sniffing as they're long ball and set piece these days. West Brom should be in, Stoke maybe, Brighton etc

But £25m for a player that can't beat a man, has no pace, can't cross from open play and generally slows the game down is good business.

However, I pray that we get even more - BONUS!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:15 - May 24 with 1469 viewsdobjack2

Is he still here FFS?

I get your point that you think that gylfi slows down our play and agree that we have played for set pieces to try and get out of the sh!t. I haven't enjoyed much of the way we've played but accept that needs must.

However by banging on and on in the manner that you do it becomes tedious. Try a different approach once in a while.

I would prefer gylfi to stay and that we get a midfielder with more drive who can pick a pass, a more mobile centre forward and play a better quality of football.

However if he leaves we should look for top dollar as we would need to replace him with quality as well as strengthen by buying quality not squad filler. Hopefully Clement can help here as there must be quality out there that would suit us at reasonable transfer fees.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:27 - May 24 with 1443 viewsTheResurrection

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:15 - May 24 by dobjack2

I get your point that you think that gylfi slows down our play and agree that we have played for set pieces to try and get out of the sh!t. I haven't enjoyed much of the way we've played but accept that needs must.

However by banging on and on in the manner that you do it becomes tedious. Try a different approach once in a while.

I would prefer gylfi to stay and that we get a midfielder with more drive who can pick a pass, a more mobile centre forward and play a better quality of football.

However if he leaves we should look for top dollar as we would need to replace him with quality as well as strengthen by buying quality not squad filler. Hopefully Clement can help here as there must be quality out there that would suit us at reasonable transfer fees.

No.

Not til we see the back of him. We really NEED this transfer to happen. Believe me.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:33 - May 24 with 1429 viewsdobjack2

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:27 - May 24 by TheResurrection

No.

Not til we see the back of him. We really NEED this transfer to happen. Believe me.

My memory isn't what it was but I don't remember him dragging our game down under Brendan.

That's why I hope that Clement can influence our recruitment, change our style of play and get the best out of gylfi without reducing him to taking set pieces.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:52 - May 24 with 1370 viewstomdickharry

We are very fortunate in that Mr Steve Kaplan (Co Owner) knows the worth of Siggy to the club and consequently will not agree to any sale unless there is an irrevocable benefit to Swansea City,what type of benefit that may be is open to conjecture.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 12:03 - May 24 with 1335 viewsandypitt56

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:27 - May 24 by TheResurrection

No.

I think deep down you want him to stay. I mean your life seems to revolve around slagging him off.

What would you do with all your free time if he were to leave???
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 12:10 - May 24 with 1317 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Great post Rancid

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 12:23 - May 24 with 1278 viewsjasper_T

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 11:33 - May 24 by dobjack2

My memory isn't what it was but I don't remember him dragging our game down under Brendan.

That's why I hope that Clement can influence our recruitment, change our style of play and get the best out of gylfi without reducing him to taking set pieces.

He was a different player with us back then. Far more dynamic.

Maybe a summer off will bring back that missing half a yard that has led to so many poor touches and rushed passes from him this season.

Reinventing the team to suit both Gylfi and Llorente at the same time is difficult, unless the solution is to move even further towards the defence & set pieces approach.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 12:29 - May 24 with 1254 viewsdobjack2

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 12:23 - May 24 by jasper_T

He was a different player with us back then. Far more dynamic.

Maybe a summer off will bring back that missing half a yard that has led to so many poor touches and rushed passes from him this season.

Reinventing the team to suit both Gylfi and Llorente at the same time is difficult, unless the solution is to move even further towards the defence & set pieces approach.

I don't think that it could be done to suit both of them. Llorente doesn't have the pace for it.

I also hope that a summer off helps with gylfi' sharpness and not being in a position where it all falls in his shoulders
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024