Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football 21:06 - May 24 with 2398 viewsTheResurrection

All too often it's just a bullshit stat.

Just look at Fellaini's for Pogba's shit effort. All he could do was square a pass, there was nothing else on and he gets one.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:23 - May 24 with 1678 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Agreed.

A typical Sigurdsson set piece assist usually takes about 1000X the skill of a simple one like that, wouldn't you agree?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:27 - May 24 with 1660 viewslifelong

Some assists are better than others.
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:36 - May 24 with 1636 viewsTheResurrection

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:23 - May 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Agreed.

A typical Sigurdsson set piece assist usually takes about 1000X the skill of a simple one like that, wouldn't you agree?

Set piece's that properly meet their target yes. His two for Olsson 100%.

The rest are not worth even mentioning.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:39 - May 24 with 1619 viewsLeonWasGod

Has he shagged your missus or something?
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:41 - May 24 with 1608 viewsTom1912

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:36 - May 24 by TheResurrection

Set piece's that properly meet their target yes. His two for Olsson 100%.

The rest are not worth even mentioning.

I'm pretty sure Llorente would disagree with that.
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:41 - May 24 with 1607 viewsDr_Winston

I'm looking forward to these threads more and more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:50 - May 24 with 1565 viewsandypitt56

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:41 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

I'm looking forward to these threads more and more.

must be bored again..
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:50 - May 24 with 1565 viewsjack2jack

This is a Siggy thing isn't it
Login to get fewer ads

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 22:50 - May 24 with 1436 viewsdobjack2

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:50 - May 24 by jack2jack

This is a Siggy thing isn't it

They all are.

We get it he wants us to sell gylfi and I think I understand his reasons though I don't necessarily agree.

Please can the mods put up a sticky called "reasons why we should sell gylfi" and merge anything that is basically on that subject however it is phrased.
Too much credit is given to on 23:03 - May 24 with 1403 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 22:50 - May 24 by dobjack2

They all are.

We get it he wants us to sell gylfi and I think I understand his reasons though I don't necessarily agree.

Please can the mods put up a sticky called "reasons why we should sell gylfi" and merge anything that is basically on that subject however it is phrased.

Yet the example he used was the antithesis of a classic Sigurdsson assist, which usually comes from a pinpoint set piece delivery.

Although it obviously wasn't his intent, he's proving that a Sigurdsson assist deserves more credit than the "typical" one.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:08 - May 24 with 1384 viewsTheResurrection

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 21:39 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

Has he shagged your missus or something?

Have you ever had a shag?

Too much credit is given to on 23:11 - May 24 with 1368 viewsTheResurrection

Too much credit is given to on 23:03 - May 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yet the example he used was the antithesis of a classic Sigurdsson assist, which usually comes from a pinpoint set piece delivery.

Although it obviously wasn't his intent, he's proving that a Sigurdsson assist deserves more credit than the "typical" one.

WTF are you talking about?

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:13 - May 24 with 1349 viewsperchrockjack

I think Res has a point.
Infact ,all stats mislead

All thst matters is goals and points

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:25 - May 24 with 1319 viewsjack2jack

All goals need some sort of assist whether good bad or indifferent. Even a goalkeeper if it's pinged straight to the goal scorer.
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:33 - May 24 with 1302 viewswhiterock

Is a dummy completely bamboozling a defence an assist?
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:41 - May 24 with 1291 viewsjack2jack

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:33 - May 24 by whiterock

Is a dummy completely bamboozling a defence an assist?

Depends what the definition of an assist is,if it's a single ball which directly leads to a goal, or a ball which is given to a player,who then dribbles past 2 or 3 players and scores.Dunno,Im sure someone will be along to give the correct definition.
I could Google it but I can't be arsed at this time of night
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:46 - May 24 with 1285 viewsdobjack2

Back on track.

I agree assists in football are in many ways a bullsh!t American bit of cr@p based on their statistical mad games.

Whilst FIFA had talked about it before they started keeping assist records from the 1994 World Cup - coincidence or what - presumably to try and help sell the game in the USA.

A killer pass or a hopeful boot up the pitch can both be assists. The key for using these stats is to be able to differentiate between the two.
Too much credit is given to on 23:58 - May 24 with 1268 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Too much credit is given to on 23:11 - May 24 by TheResurrection

WTF are you talking about?

Not sure how to explain it more clearly than I already have, but your example - Fellaini to Pogba - doesn't sound at all like any Sigurdsson assist I remember.

But you may be correct that those simple kinds of assists get too much credit. Perhaps there should be a separate category for "incidental assists" like that one, so they don't diminish the truly skillful ones like Siggy's. But then that probably starts to become too subjective.

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 00:01 - May 25 with 1260 viewsSwansNZ

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:46 - May 24 by dobjack2

Back on track.

I agree assists in football are in many ways a bullsh!t American bit of cr@p based on their statistical mad games.

Whilst FIFA had talked about it before they started keeping assist records from the 1994 World Cup - coincidence or what - presumably to try and help sell the game in the USA.

A killer pass or a hopeful boot up the pitch can both be assists. The key for using these stats is to be able to differentiate between the two.

Does not matter really.
Same as a goal, a deflection could come off your arse, or you could beat half a dozen players and hit a thunderbolt from 30 yards. Still the record book shows the same thing.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 00:03 - May 25 with 1256 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:46 - May 24 by dobjack2

Back on track.

LOL tracking assists in football in order to appeal to Americans - yeah that really was THE watershed moment over here for this sport.

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 00:06 - May 25 with 1251 viewsmorningstar

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 23:13 - May 24 by perchrockjack

I think Res has a point.
Infact ,all stats mislead

All thst matters is goals and points

I like the Res, he makes some great points footballing wise, but i find it hilarious that after everything that has gone on here in the past, you now seem to be clinging on to him as your bestest friend ever! What a weak individual you are!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 06:24 - May 25 with 1146 viewsdobjack2

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 00:03 - May 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

LOL tracking assists in football in order to appeal to Americans - yeah that really was THE watershed moment over here for this sport.

I agree with you. Desperation from FIFA to try and appeal to the potential USA audience.
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 06:36 - May 25 with 1125 viewsfelixstowe_jack

How u get an assist it was an own goal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 07:23 - May 25 with 1062 viewsMeraki

What I am worried about is the amount of goals we scored from dead ball situations last season.

In some games it looked as if we were playing for the free kicks/corners.
Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 07:35 - May 25 with 1044 viewswaynekerr55

Too much credit is given to "Assists" in football on 00:06 - May 25 by morningstar

I like the Res, he makes some great points footballing wise, but i find it hilarious that after everything that has gone on here in the past, you now seem to be clinging on to him as your bestest friend ever! What a weak individual you are!

Live and let live mun, you and Perchie will be besties again soon enough 😉

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024