Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk resigns 13:35 - May 25 with 9618 viewsTheFranchise

Just resigned. Seems odd to me.
Monk resigns on 15:38 - May 25 with 2340 viewsicecoldjack

Monk resigns on 15:23 - May 25 by yogibear_412

Leeds fans got to be hurting with that, imagine Clement decided to drive off into the moonlight after this season.

Has to be a Prem team surely and I wouldn't bet against it being Southampton.

Imagine ??

It's a distinct possibility if he gets fooked around on the transfer/playing budget front !

Monk resigns on 15:39 - May 25 with 2335 viewsDarran

Monk resigns on 15:35 - May 25 by icecoldjack

Can't remember people thinking he would only last a month, i think most thought that was more his level while he was learning his craft, if anything lasting just a short time was probably more a reference to the way the owner hired and fired than Monks ability, and thats speaking as somebody who thought he should never have ever been anywhere near the Swans job.

Not true last August many experts on here were saying he wouldn't see September.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk resigns on 15:42 - May 25 with 2324 viewsLandore_Jack

Monk resigns on 15:39 - May 25 by Darran

Not true last August many experts on here were saying he wouldn't see September.

Monk won 48% of his league games in charge of Leeds - 22 of 46 played - the fifth-highest percentage in the club's history.

#backtojack

Monk resigns on 15:43 - May 25 with 2315 viewsLeonWasGod

Monk resigns on 15:42 - May 25 by Landore_Jack

Monk won 48% of his league games in charge of Leeds - 22 of 46 played - the fifth-highest percentage in the club's history.

Aye, but last August this place was full of people saying how crap he was and he'd be out of a job within the month.
Monk resigns on 15:45 - May 25 with 2296 viewsicecoldjack

Well i will bow down to your superior knowledge/stalking of the forum in that case, it's my recollection that Garry had ability it was more that he was trading at a level beyond him, starting at lower level was therefore more suited to his strengths, the Leeds job with that owner was actually a win win for him, though one game from the sack was unlucky not to get them in the play=offs .
Monk resigns on 16:01 - May 25 with 2242 viewsjack247

Monk resigns on 15:35 - May 25 by icecoldjack

Can't remember people thinking he would only last a month, i think most thought that was more his level while he was learning his craft, if anything lasting just a short time was probably more a reference to the way the owner hired and fired than Monks ability, and thats speaking as somebody who thought he should never have ever been anywhere near the Swans job.

I'll be pretty annoyed if he gets a Prem job and turns out to be a good manager after butchering our playing style
Monk resigns on 16:05 - May 25 with 2234 viewspencoedjack

I seem to remember his Mrs taking a picture of the TV & posting it on twitter when we were bottom of the league harping on about how they would swap places with us

His appointment was the start of downfall imo
Monk resigns on 16:07 - May 25 with 2226 viewsLandore_Jack

Monk resigns on 16:01 - May 25 by jack247

I'll be pretty annoyed if he gets a Prem job and turns out to be a good manager after butchering our playing style

Maybe he has learnt from his mistakes? Good luck to him.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Monk resigns on 16:08 - May 25 with 2209 viewsperchrockjack

Posting pictures ? Of what . Vinegar moments or pearl necklace to wear at Parillas overpriced cafe

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk resigns on 16:12 - May 25 with 2202 viewsmalagajack

The Barca job is up for grabs this weekend
Monk resigns on 16:14 - May 25 with 2191 viewsjack247

Monk resigns on 16:07 - May 25 by Landore_Jack

Maybe he has learnt from his mistakes? Good luck to him.

Quite likely he has. Shame he cut his teeth here and left under a bit of a cloud. Would have been great for him to have gone somewhere else, learn his trade then come back a hero at some point in the future. Can't blame the guy for taking a PL job though!

I agree, good luck to him. Will be a bit peeved if he gets Watford or Palace playing Swanselona football though
Monk resigns on 16:15 - May 25 with 2181 viewsicecoldjack

Had a look at the leeds forum, interesting how a few were not that convinced by him and a theme was how when he got into a rut he didn't know how to get htem out again, echos of his time here.

Fans seem a bit split TBH . I guess they are still hurting after missing out on what looked a decent chance of a play=off place.

IMO Monk has jumped while he has built up the credibility , a slow start next season and a hangover from this and he'd be looking over his shoulder, best option was a move while still hot with a big increase in pay no doubt.
Be interesting to hear what Garry has to say .
Monk resigns on 16:59 - May 25 with 2086 viewsYossarian

He's been tapped up by Watford or Palarse. His missus can go to all the fancy shops now and be a proper 'Real Housewife'- he ruined our style, alienated every clique and would have seen us relegated if they hadn't sacked him. He was good for us as a skipper and I'll always be greatful for his goal saving block in the playoff final but for bringing Beattie here and his other 'appointments' I'm glad we got rid. We are back on track with an experienced coach and proper staff. Move on, nothing to see here.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Monk resigns on 17:07 - May 25 with 2061 viewsmonmouth

The thing I like about the English language is that if he'd stayed, the thread title could have been Monk resigns.

Please don't anyone spoil my joy - yes I'm looking at you Warwick - by mentioning hyphens.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk resigns on 18:36 - May 25 with 1900 viewsEasternJack

From the bottom of my heart: Fvck him!

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Monk resigns on 19:43 - May 25 with 1788 viewsRancid

Resign my arse lol new owner just wanted his own man in and told Monk he has no future because he doesnt think he's good enough.It sounds better when you resign though.
Monk resigns on 20:10 - May 25 with 1715 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk resigns on 19:43 - May 25 by Rancid

Resign my arse lol new owner just wanted his own man in and told Monk he has no future because he doesnt think he's good enough.It sounds better when you resign though.

He's going to Southampton, mun.

To get on a boat, probably.
Monk resigns on 20:22 - May 25 with 1689 viewsexiledclaseboy

I wish him nothing but good things. Bona fide SCFC legend.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk resigns on 20:32 - May 25 with 1651 viewsmonmouth

Monk resigns on 20:22 - May 25 by exiledclaseboy

Monk the player and captain yes. Monk the manager less so. Monk the ego driven schemer absolutely not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk resigns on 20:34 - May 25 with 1644 viewsRancid

Monk resigns on 20:10 - May 25 by WarwickHunt

He's going to Southampton, mun.

To get on a boat, probably.

His CV will look half decent to be fair to him.I think it could land him a good job at Yeovil or Morecambe maybe.
Monk resigns on 20:41 - May 25 with 1614 viewsWarwickHunt

Have a word.

Harry Griffiths, Joe Sykes, Terry Medwin, Mel Nurse, Tom Kiley, Curt, Robbie, Ivor, Leon...

Monk?
Monk resigns on 20:51 - May 25 with 1577 viewsRancid

Unfortunately for him when youre playing you only get judged on by being a footballer and notjing much more but when you become manager you're judged on what type of man you are.
Monk resigns on 22:35 - May 25 with 1463 viewsmajorraglan

Interesting development. He's had a good season there even though they have missed out on the play offs. Personally I can't see him going to Watford as I suspect they will go with another European coach, I think Southampton would be aiming for a higher profile manager if they have a change, Palace could be an option as are any three of the relegated teams. Sunderland are a big outfit, Boro and Hull are smaller but the 3 have parachute payments and what should be the foundations of a decent Championship team.

Interesting times.
Monk resigns on 20:26 - May 26 with 1278 viewsMorganator100

Bad news for us as I can't see Bartley signing for them now.
Monk resigns on 20:46 - May 26 with 1245 viewsZZoric

legend ? - poor judgement

was always our weakest link - as Player and Manager

a yard off the pace in both respects
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024