Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad 14:47 - May 25 with 2050 viewsAnotherJohn

Kwame's boy has been called up into the Wales training squad. I've said before he is worth monitoring. Exeter City isn't a bad little club, and we should perhaps bring that club into our sphere of influence. A couple of loans (perhaps even consider Grimes) in return for' first dibs' could work.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 15:22]
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:06 - May 25 with 1887 viewsKilkennyjack

See released Swans Marley Watkins and Joe Walsh have got squad places.
Well done boys.

Once a jack ...

Beware of the Risen People

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:49 - May 25 with 1816 viewsJethroJack

16yr old Ampadu wasn't allowed by FIFA to take part in the Toulon U20 tournament as he's TOO YOUNG!! FIFA are still a bunch of CLOWNS, even after Blatter's departure.
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:58 - May 25 with 1798 viewsNeath_Jack

Durham was tamping about it on talksport earlier on.

Not as if England don't scramble around trying to tie up promising youngsters.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:12 - May 25 with 1671 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:58 - May 25 by Neath_Jack

Durham was tamping about it on talksport earlier on.

Not as if England don't scramble around trying to tie up promising youngsters.

Which players from League 2 have England called up to the senior squad just to tie them down in case they ever make it big?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:13 - May 25 with 1667 viewsNeath_Jack

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:12 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Which players from League 2 have England called up to the senior squad just to tie them down in case they ever make it big?

Because that's what i said isn't it.

And club sides are even worse for luring kids and their families to their clubs. What's the difference there?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:14 - May 25 with 1662 viewsdickythorpe

"AMP A DO DO DO PUSH PINEAPPLE SHAKE A TREE........."
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:15 - May 25 with 1652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:13 - May 25 by Neath_Jack

Because that's what i said isn't it.

And club sides are even worse for luring kids and their families to their clubs. What's the difference there?

I do not think there is anything wrong with it. I'm just bemused as to why you accused England of this practice, when it is something I cannot ever remember them doing.

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:16 - May 25 with 1648 viewsNeath_Jack

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:15 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think there is anything wrong with it. I'm just bemused as to why you accused England of this practice, when it is something I cannot ever remember them doing.

Point out where i said England have done it to a league two player and we'll continue this exchange, until then....

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:24 - May 25 with 1620 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:16 - May 25 by Neath_Jack

Point out where i said England have done it to a league two player and we'll continue this exchange, until then....

I never posted that you said they had done it to a League 2 player. I was asking a question that is all.

You said that England have previously scrambled around trying to tie up players like what Wales are doing with Ethan Ampadu. I do not recall England doing this in recent memory. Not to a League 2 player, not to a League 1 player, not even to a Championship player.

I'm guessing you are recalling similar situations involving the likes of Sterling and Berahino, who were already excellent players playing in the best league in the world.

I wonder how many English born players will be playing for Wales in 10 years time?

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 23:49 - May 25 with 1462 viewsTaliesin

I don't get the criticism. Wales are not scrambing around trying to tie him down, this is a case of natural progression - he's already played for Wales at three age group levels and now he's been further developed by having the opportunity to train with the senior team - what's the issue
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 13:42 - May 26 with 1243 viewsdobjack2

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 21:15 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

May be wrong but I thought they did it with Brian stein in the 80's.

South African born so I thought eligible for any of the home countries and we were sounding him out. 1 England cap couple of u 21 caps then nothing else.
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 13:56 - May 26 with 1227 viewsmagicdaps10

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 13:42 - May 26 by dobjack2

May be wrong but I thought they did it with Brian stein in the 80's.

South African born so I thought eligible for any of the home countries and we were sounding him out. 1 England cap couple of u 21 caps then nothing else.

If you were born outside the UK but held a British passport then you could play for any of the British nations. The rule was scrapped a few years back.

The one that baffles me is that if you are born in NI you are entitled to have a Irish passport which then allows you to be able to play for the Republic.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:17 - May 26 with 1157 viewsJBT95

Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:49 - May 25 by JethroJack

16yr old Ampadu wasn't allowed by FIFA to take part in the Toulon U20 tournament as he's TOO YOUNG!! FIFA are still a bunch of CLOWNS, even after Blatter's departure.

It's a training camp.

Be a bit daft if FIFA banned kids from having a kick about don't you think?
[Post edited 26 May 2017 18:20]
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 18:18 - May 26 with 1156 viewsJBT95

He's not even above school leaving age yet idiot.
Ethan Ampadu in Wales Training Squad on 20:24 - May 26 with 1099 viewsMorganator100

John Barnes, didn't they rush to cap him as he was only a neutralised Englishman.

Shola Amoebi, not capped but they rushed to play him in U20 then found he wasn't good enough so let him go back to his country of birth Nigeria.

Neither player had any English blood by the way, Ampadu has a Welsh mother. Woodburn has a Welsh mother and his comments speaks volumes why he opted for Wales.

Rob Jones was born in Wales but England plucked him away, same with Owen Hargreaves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024