Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice please 14:48 - May 25 with 2737 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Fellow Jacks,

My old man (who's not a dustman) has a 10 yr old Peugeot 307 estate. Its leaking oil now & he's making rumblings of changing it for something else.

He ideally wants something quite high up as his is quite low to get in & out of, but not as high as a 4x4/SUV.

Any ideas gents? Input welcomed.

Should metion he's quite old school too - will probably look to purchase outright instead of PCP/HPC or Lease.

Cheers.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Advice please on 14:56 - May 25 with 2723 viewsjacktar

An elderly friend of mine has some mobility problems and wanted a car that was easy to get in and out of. He went for a Renault Scenic (not the most recent model) and finds it good and with plenty of space.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Advice please on 15:25 - May 25 with 2705 viewsMrSwerve

How about the Kia Sportage? May be a little big for him though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Advice please on 15:47 - May 25 with 2685 viewsmalagajack

Pre 2006 Toyota RAV4, easy to get in and out of, reliable and relatively straightforward to fix and drives like a normal car, plus comfy too.
Advice please on 17:41 - May 25 with 2638 viewsmonmouth

Advice please on 15:25 - May 25 by MrSwerve

Wifey has one, and I agree with this. She wouldn't have her BMW back if you paid her. You sit high up and get a nice driving experience. Got to be the new July 2016 model onwards though. Much improved.

Balance of 7 year warranty, RAC man reckoned they are built like battleships (easily survived petrol in a diesel and being driven 30 miles). Only downside is that some models aren't great on fuel, but get a 1.7 diesel 2wd and you'll get a genuine 45mpg.

Or try the new Hyundai i30. Supposed to be very good for the price. Don't know how high the seating position is.

Mazda CX-5 is also said to be excellent, but warranty only 3 years, which I'd be looking at closely if buying a car like this. Especially European ones. Plus checking JD Power.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Advice please on 18:22 - May 25 with 2598 viewsjackson5

Good cars Fiat 500l plenty of headroom and easy to get in or out excellent on fuel
[Post edited 25 May 2017 18:22]

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

Advice please on 18:54 - May 25 with 2575 viewsperchrockjack

I have a CX 5. New model coming out soon so good deals on current ones.

Test drove Volvo and Beemer and chose this, mainly because I didn't want to be a tw@t in a beemer

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Advice please on 23:50 - May 25 with 2490 viewsmajorraglan

What about something like a Nissan Juke/Quashqai, Honda CRVs now powered by 1.6l engine, Ford Kuga or a Ford Ecosport, Citroen C4 Picasso (new model) are also nice looking cars.
Advice please on 08:06 - May 26 with 2431 viewsjacktar

Advice please on 18:22 - May 25 by jackson5

Good cars Fiat 500l plenty of headroom and easy to get in or out excellent on fuel
[Post edited 25 May 2017 18:22]

I had one of these on hire on holiday last year. You're right, it's a tidy motor with good space, and me and my good lady aren't the smallest of people.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Advice please on 08:59 - May 26 with 2411 viewsmonmouth

Seriously, if buying something for the long term, unless you don't mind the cost, out of warranty reliability and post sale customer service would be at the top of my list. So I wouldn't touch a european brand with a bargepole (maybe skoda, but with VAG trying to recoup their fines from trying to deliberately poison people and lie, they will be slashing costs and being even more customer unfriendly after they've had your dosh, if that's possible). I especially wouldn't go near Fiat, Vauxhall or Ford and associated brands, who all have serious difficulties I believe.

Hence for a reliable runabout Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Toyota. Honda's fell off a cliff in terms of reliability a while back after building their reputation, so I don't know if they've got it back. For upmarket go Lexus.

And yes, when it comes to it, just get what you want. For me, I got a BMW, knowing the bastard will kill me when out of warranty. I'm a tw*t. But it was so shiny...

Should have leased.

Hence the Kia for second car. It'll keep going forever.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 9:01]

Advice please on 09:54 - May 26 with 2386 viewsdickythorpe

Advice please on 15:25 - May 25 by MrSwerve

A good choice, but in the same ballpark tell him to at least take a Dacia Sandero Stepway or Duster out for a test drive.

Gravells is the place.
Advice please on 10:23 - May 26 with 2373 viewsmonmouth

Advice please on 09:54 - May 26 by dickythorpe

A good choice, but in the same ballpark tell him to at least take a Dacia Sandero Stepway or Duster out for a test drive.

Gravells is the place.

I agree with that Dicky. Fabulous dealership, even after purchase.

Advice please on 13:05 - May 26 with 2327 viewsAustinIsOurHero

thanks for all the advice so far gents, - where is Gravells these days? Is it Fforestfach?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Advice please on 13:24 - May 26 with 2312 viewsdickythorpe

Yes, or Kidwelly up on the hill for Dacia or even Narberth
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024