Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greatest ever player. 21:10 - May 25 with 5363 viewsItchySphincter

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-now-s

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Greatest ever player. on 22:09 - May 25 with 855 viewsDarran

Greatest ever player. on 22:08 - May 25 by Rancid

Maybe they're friends but he's never been one of our best players by a long way.He's never had a mention of an Engand cap, ever.And he's only ever been a real regular in the side when we were lower leagues or in the shit now.Hes a tremendous Swansea City man but never one of our best players.Sentiment would have ruled Curts heart including Leon.

He's more or less always been a regular.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Greatest ever player. on 22:13 - May 25 with 852 viewsJackanapes

Had Curt been at the turps when he made that list. Danny Graham? Fking hell.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Greatest ever player. on 22:14 - May 25 with 848 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Greatest ever player. on 21:52 - May 25 by Darran

Nonsense Curtis picked him in his all time XI five years ago.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-legend-al

He also picked Kyle Bartley as our captain last year.

Great man but not the best at picking players.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Greatest ever player. on 22:15 - May 25 with 837 viewswaynekerr55

Greatest ever player. on 22:08 - May 25 by Rancid

Maybe they're friends but he's never been one of our best players by a long way.He's never had a mention of an Engand cap, ever.And he's only ever been a real regular in the side when we were lower leagues or in the shit now.Hes a tremendous Swansea City man but never one of our best players.Sentiment would have ruled Curts heart including Leon.

He's never had a mention of an England cap mainly due to the fact that the thick c*nts who've managed England wouldn't know how to utilise him. The fact that a complete carthorse in Scott Parker won player of the year in England tells you all you need to know. Positional sense of a p*ssed flea and his 2nd touch was always a tackle.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Greatest ever player. on 22:16 - May 25 with 836 viewsDarran

Greatest ever player. on 22:14 - May 25 by Joe_bradshaw

He also picked Kyle Bartley as our captain last year.

Great man but not the best at picking players.

Yeah for one poxy cup game.

Greatest ever player. on 22:18 - May 25 with 825 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:09 - May 25 by Darran

He's more or less always been a regular.

Not for the last few years he hasnt
Greatest ever player. on 22:22 - May 25 with 816 viewsDarran

Greatest ever player. on 22:18 - May 25 by Rancid

Not for the last few years he hasnt

Well he played he played 25 out of 38 last season and probably would have played more this season had he not been injured.

Greatest ever player. on 22:22 - May 25 with 811 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:15 - May 25 by waynekerr55

He's never had a mention of an England cap mainly due to the fact that the thick c*nts who've managed England wouldn't know how to utilise him. The fact that a complete carthorse in Scott Parker won player of the year in England tells you all you need to know. Positional sense of a p*ssed flea and his 2nd touch was always a tackle.

Rubbish.He's too small, doesn't score goals or create them but just neat and tidy.Not enough to be considered one of our best ever players or earn an England cap.
Login to get fewer ads

Greatest ever player. on 22:31 - May 25 with 794 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:22 - May 25 by Darran

Well he played he played 25 out of 38 last season and probably would have played more this season had he not been injured.

He's played 42 games in 3 season and never scored or assisted.He's the man we were all saying 2 seasons ago how desperate we now are that we're playing Leon.Get over it ffs, hes a great lad but never one of our great players.
Greatest ever player. on 22:32 - May 25 with 795 viewsDarran

Greatest ever player. on 22:31 - May 25 by Rancid

He's played 42 games in 3 season and never scored or assisted.He's the man we were all saying 2 seasons ago how desperate we now are that we're playing Leon.Get over it ffs, hes a great lad but never one of our great players.

He undoubtedly is. His game isn't about scoring or assisting.

Greatest ever player. on 22:33 - May 25 with 788 viewsraynor94

In my 53 years of watching, it's touch and go between Curt and Robbie, if forced I'd plump for Curt

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Greatest ever player. on 22:36 - May 25 with 783 viewsJackBishop

Greatest ever player. on 22:22 - May 25 by Rancid

Rubbish.He's too small, doesn't score goals or create them but just neat and tidy.Not enough to be considered one of our best ever players or earn an England cap.

I do believe sir you are an absolute and utter tw*t. A true tw*t from tw*t city.
Greatest ever player. on 22:38 - May 25 with 770 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:32 - May 25 by Darran

He undoubtedly is. His game isn't about scoring or assisting.

It isn't and still he shouldn't be talked about in the same breath as Robbie James or Alan Curtis.They were international quality players.Leon isn't or ever has been.We can't blame the England team for getting it wrong in not picking him.We love him and think he's a great player because he's Swansea through and through but if he played for Hull we'd be wondring who the f**k is he and why is he in the England team.
Greatest ever player. on 22:38 - May 25 with 770 viewsTheResurrection

Greatest ever player. on 22:22 - May 25 by Rancid

Chris, have you taken leave of your senses?

Leon has put the football into Swansea City FC. From the day he walked through the gates at the Vetch right up until his crunching tackle on Gaya against Everton and beyond.

Even under Flynn and Jackett he stood out but from Martinez onwards he's been one of the main reasons people have talked so highly of our passing game.

He's 34 now so he's getting well on in footballing terms and the player we have missed the most during our recent demise.

He is absolute class. The best. And a real Swans legend.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Greatest ever player. on 22:42 - May 25 with 762 viewsTheResurrection

Greatest ever player. on 22:38 - May 25 by Rancid

It isn't and still he shouldn't be talked about in the same breath as Robbie James or Alan Curtis.They were international quality players.Leon isn't or ever has been.We can't blame the England team for getting it wrong in not picking him.We love him and think he's a great player because he's Swansea through and through but if he played for Hull we'd be wondring who the f**k is he and why is he in the England team.

I can't believe you think like this of Leon.

Crazy but respect your opinion,

By the way, Robbie or Curt would never have got England call ups either.

Leon is as good as both of the above and better, albeit in differing positions.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Greatest ever player. on 22:42 - May 25 with 760 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:38 - May 25 by TheResurrection

Chris, have you taken leave of your senses?

Leon has put the football into Swansea City FC. From the day he walked through the gates at the Vetch right up until his crunching tackle on Gaya against Everton and beyond.

Even under Flynn and Jackett he stood out but from Martinez onwards he's been one of the main reasons people have talked so highly of our passing game.

He's 34 now so he's getting well on in footballing terms and the player we have missed the most during our recent demise.

He is absolute class. The best. And a real Swans legend.

Great in the lower leagues but not one of our best players, Chris.I can't believe people think he is.He's a club legend for his loyalty and even more so for what he's done of late but I do genuinely believe it's his status at the club and not his ability that people are getting mixed up in.
Greatest ever player. on 22:46 - May 25 with 749 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:42 - May 25 by TheResurrection

I can't believe you think like this of Leon.

Crazy but respect your opinion,

By the way, Robbie or Curt would never have got England call ups either.

Leon is as good as both of the above and better, albeit in differing positions.

I'm shocked at that tbh.I love the guy like everyone else but to say he's as good and if not better than Robbie and Curt is something I thought I'd never read.
Greatest ever player. on 22:52 - May 25 with 734 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 22:36 - May 25 by JackBishop

I do believe sir you are an absolute and utter tw*t. A true tw*t from tw*t city.

What does that even mean? What an awful contribution to a discussion.Bow out pal.
Greatest ever player. on 22:58 - May 25 with 719 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

In terms of the contribution to our rise to the Prem and one of the most successful periods in our history Leon and Ash have been really important.

Best player - difficult to pick.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Greatest ever player. on 23:02 - May 25 with 709 viewsTheResurrection

Greatest ever player. on 22:42 - May 25 by Rancid

Great in the lower leagues but not one of our best players, Chris.I can't believe people think he is.He's a club legend for his loyalty and even more so for what he's done of late but I do genuinely believe it's his status at the club and not his ability that people are getting mixed up in.

Huh??

He is. Categorically so. There is no argument here.

He's NEVER EVER been a bit part player. He's been our most important player.

He IS that good. Have you forgotten our first few seasons in the best league in the world.

Ask any player that's played with him.

Greatest ever player. on 23:08 - May 25 with 693 viewsepaul

Never saw Ivor play so for me its between Robbie or Curt, Leon pushes them close.

Seeing as you can only pick one so for me and its about having seeing them play Curt just nicks it from Robbie

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Greatest ever player. on 23:20 - May 25 with 677 viewsTNT

For forty years, it's been Robbie for me, ahead of Curt only by the thickness of a cigarette paper. However, it is now Leon, Robbie, Curt for me. Three great players, who I loved watching, every time I saw them play for The Swans.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Greatest ever player. on 23:26 - May 25 with 669 viewsRancid

Greatest ever player. on 23:02 - May 25 by TheResurrection

Huh??

He is. Categorically so. There is no argument here.

He's NEVER EVER been a bit part player. He's been our most important player.

He IS that good. Have you forgotten our first few seasons in the best league in the world.

Ask any player that's played with him.

He's been a bit part player since Clements been here ffs.It was only the last few games and a last throw of the dice that he's come back in.He's been put out to pasture by many on here but someone dare say he's not the greatest Swans play and they get all moody ha ha

Wasn't you a late follower of the swans mate? Or did you see Robbie James Leighton James and Alan Curtis play?
Greatest ever player. on 23:32 - May 25 with 651 viewsTheResurrection

Greatest ever player. on 23:26 - May 25 by Rancid

He's been a bit part player since Clements been here ffs.It was only the last few games and a last throw of the dice that he's come back in.He's been put out to pasture by many on here but someone dare say he's not the greatest Swans play and they get all moody ha ha

Wasn't you a late follower of the swans mate? Or did you see Robbie James Leighton James and Alan Curtis play?

Not a late follow at all mate. Before you came along.

He's 34 now FFS. Of course he's not going to be in every staring line up like he was during 2011 to 2014.

How many seasons did Robbie and Curt play at the top level?

Greatest ever player. on 23:34 - May 25 with 647 viewsYossarian

Leon, Robbie and Curt are all legitimately 'great' Swans- but it seems to me that the title rests with the player who isndepic ted in the statue outside the ground- his caps record stood for years and take a look on YouTube at the goal he scored against Hungary in the 1958 World Cup- but it must be said he never played for us in the top division- the others did. There's no clear choice and perhaps that's a good thing!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024