Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy not all that... 22:21 - May 25 with 2227 viewsTheResurrection

A good, honest article I found...

""And herein lies the problem. When compared to the Premier League’s top creators, they possess the guile Sigurdsson perhaps lacks.

Take David Silva, for example, he’s more than capable of receiving the ball in a tight spot before worming his way out of danger with the ease of a cat navigating its way through a tight spot. Similar applies to Eriksen, Mesut Ozil and Juan Mata of Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United, respectively. Ultimately, the top clubs already have a technically excellent footballer who plays in Sigurdsson’s position. He’s honed his talent more in his second spell for Swansea, notably in a willingness to start on the left before wreaking havoc in the final third by drifting inside, yet this isn’t enough to prove that he deserves a regular starting spot for one of the Premier League’s elite sides.

Yet, no matter how consistent he may be in the attacking third (he made our top ten attacking midfielders of the season), Sigurdsson will not be considered one of the league’s best in his position, if we are to be brutally honest. That isn’t a slight on him, but he lacks the components to bridge the gap between very good and great. If a team is built around him, then he thrives, with his campaign at Swansea a case in point. But that simply would not happen at a top-six side. Everton? Now that would be an idea…""

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy not all that... on 09:20 - May 26 with 360 viewsperchrockjack

Why does Man want to destroy a thing of beauty

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024