Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK 23:10 - May 25 with 12113 viewsMFC1876

Firstly, well done on staying up - top effort!

Looks like Garry Monk is heading to Boro ... so how do you rate him from his time in charge of The Swans?

He will be given time and money by our Chairman Steve Gibson so will have every chance of being a success ... if he's good enough.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 09:59 - May 26 with 2080 viewsdickythorpe

His wife is a menace on social media
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:20 - May 26 with 2052 viewsmonmouth

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 23:39 - May 25 by dailew

I don't think he lost the dressing room for that.

Wasn't it to do with not taking the side of the players when someone was playing around with one of their wives?

He lost it overnite. After beating Manure we then put in an absolutely abject performance against Watford.

Definitely something irrevocable happened during that international break. Like night and day in team togetherness and effort afterwards. Can't deny the style was at best functional though, nor that his ego grew to know no bounds. And yes it was all about him, and what he was 'putting into the players'.

Pablo went back to work with him again though, and I can hardly think of a less functional player. And the received wisdom was he left here because of Monk. Another shit 'fact'. Maybe he can develop something different, but he will never be wrong. He did end up damaging us I think, when we trusted him to evolve not dismantle.

Have to say though, he seemed a nice man on the two occasions I had a chat with him, and committed to the club. So I can't agree he was the great Satan.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:39 - May 26 with 2023 viewsEasternJack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 23:24 - May 25 by TheResurrection

He's as arrogant as they come, it will all be about him. He'll take credit for the players, the crowd, even the pitch if he can get away with it.

His interviews will slowly grate on you and sooner or later, it was sooner at Leeds judging by their capitulation at the end, he will lose the dressing room.

He was instrumental in leading revolts against 2 managers when he was a player, out of favour, with us and a real back stabber.

I blame Talk Sport though, we all listen to it, and they with their infinite knowledge of Swansea City i.e. they know fack all, have put Monk on some sort of a pedestal and still today they talk about him leading us to our highest ever position. Well yeah he did, piggy backing off our tried and trusted way of playing and philosophy - the same way of playing and philosophy he dismantled - and what we're still dealing with today.

Apart from that, he's a complete tvvat!

Literally couldn't have said it better

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:52 - May 26 with 2009 viewsLeonWasGod

Do you reckon the OP was hoping for something a bit more positive?
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 11:52 - May 26 with 1952 viewsDafyddHuw

Never trust a man with fish-eyes.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 12:01 - May 26 with 1942 viewsoldcob

When he gets a team playing well he makes changes in shape and personnel just for he sake of change. He can't stop fiddling. Thats what happened here and thats what happened at Leeds.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 12:23 - May 26 with 1904 viewsTheFranchise

I bet the OP wishes he never asked.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 12:27 - May 26 with 1895 viewsHighjack

Employed all his mates in the coaching team, despite them being nowhere near good enough. His best mate James Beattie was often spotted catching up on some sleep whilst sitting on the bench.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:27 - May 26 with 1829 viewsTheKirkyLife

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:52 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

It's a weird one though. I'd love to have some insight on whether it was Aitor or the board who made their signings since ultimately that was where they bombed the most. Limited squad, was very surprised when he was sacked.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:28 - May 26 with 1828 viewsjack2jack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:52 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

Came to the wrong place obviously
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:30 - May 26 with 1826 viewsjasper_T

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 12:01 - May 26 by oldcob

When he gets a team playing well he makes changes in shape and personnel just for he sake of change. He can't stop fiddling. Thats what happened here and thats what happened at Leeds.

I don't remember this. The nearest thing to a change he made when the wheels fell of here was bringing Bartley in for Fernandez.

Was the same classic banks of 4 till we finally got rid.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 14:02 - May 26 with 1791 viewsJack_Kass

The players here were mostly his pals and were behind him and supportive of the slow erosion of everything that made us succesful

Ironically it was not until he sent a player out on loan, due to third party, non football related activites that they started to withdraw their faith and support

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 19:20 - May 26 with 1626 viewsOldjack

Naughtiness went on behind the scenes ,players stopped playing for him ,the rest is history ,. His toe got us into the prem so he'll always be a legend to me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 19:28 - May 26 with 1619 viewsMFC1876

Impressed by the number of responses and generally constructive feedback.

I think having read all the posts I would describe the feedback on Monk's tenure at Swansea as "underwhelming"!

Must admit as an outsider that I'm surprised at the extent of the criticism but overall you are well placed to judge so I'll take it at face value which is concerning!

A similar question on the Leicester messageboard by another Boro fan resulted in almost unanimous praise for Nigel Pearson (2nd favourite for the Boro job).

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. Good club and fans and always enjoyed my trips to The Vetchfield and The Liberty Stadium. Hopefully we'll play you again in a Premier league match in the not too distant future.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 19:41 - May 26 with 1599 viewsexiledclaseboy

Took us to eighth in the Premier League then got cocky and tried to run before he'd properly mastered walking. Rightly got sacked. Will be a good manager. Club legend so hope he does well. Ignore the bitter twunts on here.

Poll: Tory leader

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 21:24 - May 26 with 1521 viewsZZoric

Monk-le-charlatan

Flattered to deceive - both on the pitch and more importantly for you, as Manager.

Sweated the Swansea-Way asset 'til it was dry - and rightly got sacked after a telling dismal set of results and more importantly for you - Performances. Poor tactician.

No more Juninho, Ravanelli et al. Bartley is it

Clearly an out-and-out self-centered egotist
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 21:56 - May 26 with 1483 viewsDewi1jack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 06:06 - May 26 by Whiterockin

Look after Lexi. Monk does what she says and when she is fed up he will move on.

FFS.
Don't write her or GM a letter, you'll never hear the end of it.

Hope you demolish our Eastern cousins next year taking an easy 6 points and scoring 15 over 2 games.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:06 - May 26 with 1465 viewsmarchamjack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 21:56 - May 26 by Dewi1jack

FFS.
Don't write her or GM a letter, you'll never hear the end of it.

Hope you demolish our Eastern cousins next year taking an easy 6 points and scoring 15 over 2 games.

Killed the 'Swansea Way'.

On the if it ain't broke don't fix it maxim...got it spectacularly wrong.

Wouldn't want him back as manager, which says it all really

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:25 - May 26 with 1443 viewsDr_Winston

Should never have been made manager. That would have meant him rightly walking away with the reputation his contribution as a player deserved instead of the opprobrium his actions as a manager and as a man have earned him.

I wouldn't put too much stock in his first season here. The more and more the team became "his" the worse we got. Much like his buddy Martinez's stint at Everton.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:26 - May 26 with 1443 viewsEasternJack

Visionary

Who else would think to turn a porta potty into a bedroom and make your key employees sleep in them.

Genius!

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 23:10 - May 26 with 1399 viewsTNT

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 19:20 - May 26 by Oldjack

Naughtiness went on behind the scenes ,players stopped playing for him ,the rest is history ,. His toe got us into the prem so he'll always be a legend to me

This

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 09:33 - May 27 with 1248 viewsLoyal

It's all about his leach sidekick.
Don't touch with a barge pole, she has ruined him and he will ruin you.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 09:37 - May 27 with 1245 viewsHighjack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:26 - May 26 by EasternJack

Visionary

Who else would think to turn a porta potty into a bedroom and make your key employees sleep in them.

Genius!

Oh fck I'd forgotten all about those revolutionary sleep pods. Do we still have them? And if so do all our players still sleep when they should be training then wonder why they're knackered after 30 minutes every Saturday?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:40 - May 27 with 1202 viewsswancity

Monk did a fantastic job here. Especially considering his lack of experience. Steadied the ship that was sinking and then in his only full season here got us up to an 8th place finish, our highest yet in the Premier League and quite incredible when you look at the opposition.

Has done a great job at Leeds who have had their best season for 15 years. Undoubtedly one of the brightest young managers in the game.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 11:15 - May 27 with 1175 viewsSoberBaker

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:40 - May 27 by swancity

Monk did a fantastic job here. Especially considering his lack of experience. Steadied the ship that was sinking and then in his only full season here got us up to an 8th place finish, our highest yet in the Premier League and quite incredible when you look at the opposition.

Has done a great job at Leeds who have had their best season for 15 years. Undoubtedly one of the brightest young managers in the game.

Deluded nonsense.

The bloke's a c*nt.

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024