Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK 23:10 - May 25 with 12027 viewsMFC1876

Firstly, well done on staying up - top effort!

Looks like Garry Monk is heading to Boro ... so how do you rate him from his time in charge of The Swans?

He will be given time and money by our Chairman Steve Gibson so will have every chance of being a success ... if he's good enough.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:36 - May 27 with 1983 viewsJackanapes

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 11:15 - May 27 by SoberBaker

Deluded nonsense.

The bloke's a c*nt.

Deluded nonsense from Nigel Nuts? surely not...

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:47 - May 27 with 1958 viewspencoedjack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:40 - May 27 by swancity

Monk did a fantastic job here. Especially considering his lack of experience. Steadied the ship that was sinking and then in his only full season here got us up to an 8th place finish, our highest yet in the Premier League and quite incredible when you look at the opposition.

Has done a great job at Leeds who have had their best season for 15 years. Undoubtedly one of the brightest young managers in the game.

Hi Garry
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 14:07 - May 27 with 1933 viewscanhecatchit

Worse football ( so called ) I have ever seen the Swans play under Monk, never had I been so bored watching the Swans in my lifetime. It was so bad that against Spurs I nearly walked home at half time but the wife talked me into staying. Wish I hadn't

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:09 - May 27 with 1892 viewsUplandsJack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 10:40 - May 27 by swancity

Monk did a fantastic job here. Especially considering his lack of experience. Steadied the ship that was sinking and then in his only full season here got us up to an 8th place finish, our highest yet in the Premier League and quite incredible when you look at the opposition.

Has done a great job at Leeds who have had their best season for 15 years. Undoubtedly one of the brightest young managers in the game.

Are you Foooking serious???

I get sick and tired of reading/hearing sh!t like this.

Another on here posted "he's a legend".... Sorry not in my eyes he ain't.
But lets give credit where it's due, he was a tidy league one player, coped to some degree in the championship, but was totally out of his depth in the Premier League.
Of course he will always be remembered for THE BLOCK that helped us out of a hole at Wembley, but to call the guy a legend, give me a break..... I recall watching him away at Southampton, thinking wtf is he doing out there... Then there was the night at B'ham in the cup, where I and all around me were saying if we never saw him in a Swans shirt again, it would be too soon!!!

Now let's not even get started on his managerial time here. All anyone needs to know is, he single handedly destroyed our way of playing. As someone correctly pointed out if things worked it was I and if it went wrong it was we or us or even them.
He may well develope into a top manager but I certainly wouldn't ever want him back here.....

Honestly, it's disrespectful to the real modern day legends of this club, Guys like Robbie (RIP), Curt's and of course, the legend in waiting that is Leon.

No Garry did a job, played his part in getting us back to the top flight. But legend.....
Not a chance.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:15 - May 27 with 1886 viewsMFC1876

Fair to say the posters here don't exactly sit on the fence!

It's either black or white with Monk - polarised views with nothing in between.

It's all about opinions I guess!
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:21 - May 27 with 1870 viewsHumpty

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:09 - May 27 by UplandsJack

But lets give credit where it's due, he was a tidy league one player, coped to some degree in the championship, but was totally out of his depth in the Premier League.
Of course he will always be remembered for THE BLOCK that helped us out of a hole at Wembley, but to call the guy a legend, give me a break..... I recall watching him away at Southampton, thinking wtf is he doing out there... Then there was the night at B'ham in the cup, where I and all around me were saying if we never saw him in a Swans shirt again, it would be too soon!!!

Now let's not even get started on his managerial time here. All anyone needs to know is, he single handedly destroyed our way of playing. As someone correctly pointed out if things worked it was I and if it went wrong it was we or us or even them.
He may well develope into a top manager but I certainly wouldn't ever want him back here.....

Honestly, it's disrespectful to the real modern day legends of this club, Guys like Robbie (RIP), Curt's and of course, the legend in waiting that is Leon.

No Garry did a job, played his part in getting us back to the top flight. But legend.....
Not a chance.

He was superb in the Championship.

Not good enough for the Premier League obviously.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:24 - May 27 with 1868 viewsUplandsJack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:15 - May 27 by MFC1876

Trust me mate, you can do much, much better than him.

From what I've read on your forums, lots of you were bored with Karanka's tactics.
Well I reckon you'll all be wishing for his return soon enough if Monk arrives ....

Good luck next season either way.... 👍
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:32 - May 27 with 1861 viewsUplandsJack

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:21 - May 27 by Humpty

He was superb in the Championship.

Not good enough for the Premier League obviously.

Opinions mate... Personally I think he did ok as I stated. Ash certainly helped him out a fair bit from my memory....
Login to get fewer ads

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:46 - May 27 with 1840 viewsHumpty

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:32 - May 27 by UplandsJack

Opinions mate... Personally I think he did ok as I stated. Ash certainly helped him out a fair bit from my memory....

Indeed.

Personally I think he did a bit better than coped to some degree.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 16:26 - May 27 with 1769 viewsFlashberryjack

I think Garry will do a good job for you mate (opinions again)
Wish him and Boro all the best for next season.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 16:37 - May 27 with 1754 viewsTheFranchise

Some are being nice because of what he did as a player.

If he was here solely as a manager, there wouldn't be many saying nice things.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 17:23 - May 27 with 1725 viewsacejack3065

As a player he was a club legend. His toe got us to the premier league and for that he will always be remembered.

Sh*t went way south in that second season though. Our passing style dried up, we recruited poorly and he obviously lost the dressing room. In the end, the only mistake was not sacking him sooner.

Swans fans only deal in absolutes pal. Try coming on here after we lose a game. It's hell.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 19:46 - May 27 with 1660 viewsZZoric

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:09 - May 27 by UplandsJack

Not a chance.

great post - the folk that declare Monk a legend have no clue, whatsoever. Embarrassing.

no doubt not footballing folk - social observers at best
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:03 - May 27 with 1599 viewsMFC1876

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:24 - May 27 by UplandsJack

Trust me mate, you can do much, much better than him.

From what I've read on your forums, lots of you were bored with Karanka's tactics.
Well I reckon you'll all be wishing for his return soon enough if Monk arrives ....

Good luck next season either way.... 👍

Our "attacking" record last season included some interesting stats.

Lowest scorers of the 92 League clubs.
Lowest shots on target of the 92 League clubs.
Failed to score in 18 out of 38 League games.
Only scored 3 or more goals in a game once all season (ironically at home to The Swans)
Won 1 of our last 20 games (and that a scrappy 1-0 home win against Sun***land).
Scored 3 goals in the last 10 games under Karanka.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:11 - May 27 with 1595 viewsZZoric

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:03 - May 27 by MFC1876

Only scored 3 or more goals in a game once all season (ironically at home to The Swans)
Won 1 of our last 20 games (and that a scrappy 1-0 home win against Sun***land).

mate, he is so not the man for you - he would exceed that dismal record

could possibly do a job for a bottom of the league contender, that need some trite marketing "me, me, .....them bullshite"

deflect, at all costs
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 03:28 - May 28 with 1495 viewsChrisSCFC

Nearly got a tinpot club to the Championship play-off's, he is the messiah.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 08:45 - May 28 with 1437 viewsJackBaston

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 22:03 - May 27 by MFC1876

If you want goals buddy, I hear the American legend Bob Bradley is still available
You'll score every game
...granted you'll also guarantee conceding 3 every game, especially to the lowest scoring team out of the 92 clubs ;) but he could talk himself out of the paper bag and will bring some arrogant, deluded yank soccer fans to your club

In all seriousness though, I used to love Monk, and as much as people slate him on here, the majority were calling him a manager in the making during his playing days. Those same people are the saying the same about Rangel now. It's just a shame he completely changed our identity, and ever since we've been struggling to stay in the league.
All I'll say is... you can do better, but the heart wants what the heart wants
[Post edited 28 May 2017 8:47]
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 08:57 - May 28 with 1421 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Admittedly, hardly saw any of his Leeds games this season, but was clueless when his plan a failed whilst he was here.

Other point i wanted to make is why the hell walesonline decides to post a story or 2 about him daily? Really annoys me because he's not welsh and he's not associated to the club anymore, who from its readership really gives a toss?
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:33 - May 28 with 1309 viewsMFC1876

When Boro beat Swansea 3-0 at The Riverside the vast majority of Boro fans (and probably The Swans fans) left the stadium thinking that we were sure to finish above you at the end of the season.

We were 5 points ahead with a better goal difference, had just convincingly beaten one of our fellow relegation contenders and had fairly recently drawn away to Arsenal, Man City and Leicester (we conceded a penalty with the last kick of the match) ... and you had the deluded Bob Bradley as Manager!

However we put the car radio on travelling home and in his post match interview Karanka said it was Boro's worst performance of the season! It went downhill from that moment on. The match was played on 17th December and we subsequently "amassed" 10 points out of the remaining 63 until the end of the season. Swansea finished 13 points above Boro with a better goal difference.

Ask any Boro fan about this season and that Swansea home win is nearly always quoted as the oasis in a desert of mediocrity and it deteriorated from thereon in.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 14:43 - May 28 with 1265 viewsJackBaston

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 13:33 - May 28 by MFC1876

When Boro beat Swansea 3-0 at The Riverside the vast majority of Boro fans (and probably The Swans fans) left the stadium thinking that we were sure to finish above you at the end of the season.

We were 5 points ahead with a better goal difference, had just convincingly beaten one of our fellow relegation contenders and had fairly recently drawn away to Arsenal, Man City and Leicester (we conceded a penalty with the last kick of the match) ... and you had the deluded Bob Bradley as Manager!

However we put the car radio on travelling home and in his post match interview Karanka said it was Boro's worst performance of the season! It went downhill from that moment on. The match was played on 17th December and we subsequently "amassed" 10 points out of the remaining 63 until the end of the season. Swansea finished 13 points above Boro with a better goal difference.

Ask any Boro fan about this season and that Swansea home win is nearly always quoted as the oasis in a desert of mediocrity and it deteriorated from thereon in.

Doesn't mean Garry's the answer
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:12 - May 28 with 1219 viewsjack247

You'd probably be better off asking Leeds fans mate to be honest.

When he came in here, the squad was talented enough but on its arse after the Laudrup era ended sourly. Garry was exactly the right man at the right time. The squad was talented enough, but needed a bit of inspiration. He wasn't good enough for PL football, but had been a great captain for us up until that point and had the players behind him. What we then saw was an elongated version of the Tim Sherwood effect. Some great results through motivation, hard work and having a good set of players to pick from, which gradually deteriorated into ego, followed by abandoning our football philosophy, getting worked out and being so tactically inflexible that everyone knew how we were going to set out, we even knew how they would successfully counter our tactics, but we just went ahead and did it anyway. Eventually, his position became untenable.

In fairness, he lasted the best part of 2 seasons. In his only whole season, our football became much more pragmatic, we had individual entertainers and goal scorers, rather than the passing style that had got us where we are, but we still finished 8th and scored some great goals.

He undoubtedly made some huge mistakes here, but he was thrust from being a squad player winding down his career to a PL manager job. I thought he would fall flat on his face at Leeds, but he looks to have done very well. Hopefully, he has learned from his time here and will do well in the future. I'd be gutted if he came back though.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:27 - Jun 9 with 1020 viewsMFC1876

OP here. Thanks for all the feedback.

Monk is going to be announced as our next Manager at 4.00 p.m. today.

Hardly a vote of confidence on this forum from the comments but time will tell either way of course how it pans out at Boro.

Anyway enjoy the Summer and best of luck for 2017/18.
BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 16:40 - Jun 9 with 918 viewsGlyn1

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:27 - Jun 9 by MFC1876

Hardly a vote of confidence on this forum from the comments but time will tell either way of course how it pans out at Boro.

Good luck!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 17:07 - Jun 9 with 868 views1983

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 15:27 - Jun 9 by MFC1876

I'll give it until 5:30 until he says he loves the club & fans!!

BORO FAN HERE RE GARRY MONK on 17:11 - Jun 9 with 864 views1983

I was at that game we were shocking fair play

And just a bit of a heads up for you lads inflatable sheep are about as funny as us calling you Geordies and we see it every other week...save your money

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024