Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts 20:59 - May 26 with 1556 viewsSTID2017

Firstly, am I right in assuming the Trust still holds 21% of the clubs shares ?
This would mean the Americans and others own 79% between them, yes ?
My main question is does anyone have an idea how much it would cost the trust to buy a contolling interest in the club ( presumably 30%) ?
Is it at all possible that if the funds could be raised by reinvigorating the Trust that the club could be taken back under supporters' control ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:22 - May 27 with 1226 viewsSwansNZ

Probably around £50 million.

Better get a big bucket.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:49 - May 27 with 1222 viewsE20Jack

There would be no realistic amount of money. Why would the Americans relinquish their controlling stake to the Trust?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 07:06 - May 27 with 1212 viewsjack247

You can't buy something the owner doesn't want to sell.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 08:40 - May 27 with 1138 viewsKilkennyjack

Its interesting.

Even if you could, then buying now would be top dollar.

I would sell the 22% now.
Simply keep the money until the inevitable happens and the Swans go belly up.
Then step in and get a controlling share for a far cheaper price.

No point hanging in there now as we have zero influence.
We cant even get the previous Directors out.

The Trust is here for the long term and can play the long game.

Beware of the Risen People

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 08:42 - May 27 with 1135 viewshobo

How much do we have in the bank from previous dividends and donations?
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 08:46 - May 27 with 1127 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell the shares and divide the money out between trust members only .

I could do with early retirement 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:12 - May 27 with 1110 viewsE20Jack

This is why the Trust absolutely have to sell. The snakes that are the old board, ensured that the Trust can never pursue any realistic hope of getting a controlling or protective stake as they sold their voting rights to ensure that it can never be done without the Americans wanting it to happen.

The Trust is in a fantastic position where it has 21% of an attractive Premier League club. Something I am sure nobody had ever expected. They have the power now to cash those in for an amount of money that can protect the club in the future and can potentially buy it 100% outright if things go t*ts up with this lot.

The alternative is they stay trying to build bridges, always get kept at arms length, have absolutely no realistic say and get diluted to a point where they are left with absolutely nothing. Absolute no brainer for me.

All work should now be going into ways to maximise money for the shares. The snakes have forced the Trust to do it, anything else will be massively counter productive.

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:22 - May 27 with 1094 viewsmonmouth

Sell to who, boys?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:27 - May 27 with 1081 viewsE20Jack

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:22 - May 27 by monmouth

Sell to who, boys?

Legal action is the best option where the result would hopefully force the sale at the price the other shares were bought for.

If they fail in the legal case then a sale at cut price to venture capitalists would certainly be viable. Someone whom could buy more shares in a share creation and not fear dilution. The Premier League is a massive draw on and off the field.

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:28 - May 27 with 1080 viewsJackfath

Sell to who, boys?

A PS consortium of Perch, Dazzler, skippy and Chrissie.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:35 - May 27 with 1060 views3swan

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:27 - May 27 by E20Jack

Legal action is the best option where the result would hopefully force the sale at the price the other shares were bought for.

If they fail in the legal case then a sale at cut price to venture capitalists would certainly be viable. Someone whom could buy more shares in a share creation and not fear dilution. The Premier League is a massive draw on and off the field.

If a court case was lost, a sale to venture capitalists would have to be at a very cut price sale if not at all.

The only way they would make money is through dividends at that would have to be in the long term to cover the sale price. Otherwise it would be on the future sale of the shares.

Profit on share sale if we stay in the Prem. Loss if we are relegated. Can't see many institutions taking that chance.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:37 - May 27 with 1049 viewsE20Jack

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:35 - May 27 by 3swan

If a court case was lost, a sale to venture capitalists would have to be at a very cut price sale if not at all.

The only way they would make money is through dividends at that would have to be in the long term to cover the sale price. Otherwise it would be on the future sale of the shares.

Profit on share sale if we stay in the Prem. Loss if we are relegated. Can't see many institutions taking that chance.

Its the only option left to the Trust though. In that scenario it is

1) some money and no influence
2) no money and no influence

No brainer.

I am sure if the word was put out that 21% of a Premier League football club was available for £10m, you would get a lot of interested parties. £10m is massively undervalued to what they should have been but that £10m could be vital for us in the future, especially if handled properly.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 9:40]

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:39 - May 27 with 1043 viewsHighjack

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 07:06 - May 27 by jack247

You can't buy something the owner doesn't want to sell.

Can't we rob it off them using some sort of massive gun? Or have I been watching too many gangster films?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:48 - May 27 with 1015 views3swan

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:37 - May 27 by E20Jack

Its the only option left to the Trust though. In that scenario it is

1) some money and no influence
2) no money and no influence

No brainer.

I am sure if the word was put out that 21% of a Premier League football club was available for £10m, you would get a lot of interested parties. £10m is massively undervalued to what they should have been but that £10m could be vital for us in the future, especially if handled properly.
[Post edited 27 May 2017 9:40]

I don't really know the answer, as none of us know the details of the current conversations.

I still think there would be few takers, even at £10, with very little input into decisions .

Added to the history of the current issue, and our near relegation, there imo be little chance of making money in the short term.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 10:12 - May 27 with 987 viewsmonmouth

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:48 - May 27 by 3swan

I don't really know the answer, as none of us know the details of the current conversations.

I still think there would be few takers, even at £10, with very little input into decisions .

Added to the history of the current issue, and our near relegation, there imo be little chance of making money in the short term.

Possible, but all a bit pie in the sky imo.

I'd bet on leverage for the trust through a winnable legal case, or f**k all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 10:19 - May 27 with 963 viewsperchrockjack

Want to chip in Fathy?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 10:48 - May 27 with 910 viewsDarran

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 09:28 - May 27 by Jackfath

A PS consortium of Perch, Dazzler, skippy and Chrissie.

I'd have to sell my car to raise the cash so I'm out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:36 - May 28 with 767 viewsMeraki

Nothing is going to happen, QC opinion is imminent next year.

And there will be no action taken.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:58 - May 28 with 754 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:36 - May 28 by Meraki

Nothing is going to happen, QC opinion is imminent next year.

And there will be no action taken.

Have you ever been involved in litigation? Genuine question? Acquiring a proxy freehold worth 21k tool nearly three years. The problem is communication, not lack of action

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 07:33 - May 28 with 735 viewsMeraki

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 06:58 - May 28 by waynekerr55

Have you ever been involved in litigation? Genuine question? Acquiring a proxy freehold worth 21k tool nearly three years. The problem is communication, not lack of action

Never, but its plain as day its going nowhere.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 13:23 - May 28 with 627 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 07:33 - May 28 by Meraki

Never, but its plain as day its going nowhere.

Well from the little that I know that's not the case. I agree that the trust should communicate more, but this notion that nothing is happening isn't the case. Never underestimate the snails pace of litigation, my comrade

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 13:28 - May 28 with 612 viewsperchrockjack

So comrade merski meraki is wrong ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 13:41 - May 28 with 614 viewsStarsky

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 13:23 - May 28 by waynekerr55

Well from the little that I know that's not the case. I agree that the trust should communicate more, but this notion that nothing is happening isn't the case. Never underestimate the snails pace of litigation, my comrade

Disconnect between the trust and its members. That's what's happening here.
Incredible really.

It's just the internet, init.

The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 14:04 - May 28 with 595 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Trust email statement today didn't mention anything new at all. Just that they met with the owners as intended.
The Trust's Shares and Other Thoughts on 18:24 - May 28 with 533 viewscimlajack

Sell to who, boys?

The shares are worthless,effectively,the "new owners" bought 78% of the voting rights for 100% control of the club, "Bargain".
Not even the new owners ,whoever they may be,would have any reason to buy them.
What benefit would they be to the current regime ?
Every time someone mentions dividends i cringe,dividends are simply not going to happen,there are more profitable ways to get money out of the club without having to involve the Trust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024